Jump to topic:

Do Christians Know Anything?

DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 1:05:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Do Christians know anything about Christianity? Or are they winging it off the cuff as they go along. Most Christians don't know:

#1. Yahweh had a wife.
#2. The ancient Hebrews were polytheistic, not monotheistic.
#3. The revisionism of exclusivitic Yahwism
#4. None of the Gospels were written when Jesus was alive.
#5. The Bible is full of anachronisms.

The lack of knowledge on these simple issues regarding accuracy surrounding the Bible is not only troublesome but a borderline plague that raptures the civilized world. I should send a letter to the APA for them to vote Christianity as being a mental disorder the next time they meet.
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 1:35:25 PM
At 12/14/2014 1:05:29 PM, DarthVitiosus wrote:
Do Christians know anything about Christianity? Or are they winging it off the cuff as they go along. Most Christians don't know:

#1. Yahweh had a wife.

The lack of knowledge on these simple issues regarding accuracy surrounding the Bible is not only troublesome but a borderline plague that raptures the civilized world. I should send a letter to the APA for them to vote Christianity as being a mental disorder the next time they meet.

I knew all but #1 and #2, but i'm more interested in the 1st part. Who was God's wife?
DarthVitiosus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 1:43:39 PM
At 12/14/2014 1:35:25 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

#1. Yahweh had a wife.

I knew all but #1 and #2, but i'm more interested in the 1st part. Who was God's wife?

Asherah
WILL NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL:
#1. I have met 10 people worth discussing with on DDO who are not interested in ideological or romantic visions of the world we all live in.
#2. 10 people admit they have no interest in any one else's opinion other than their own.
#3. 10 people admit they are products of their environment and their ideas derive from said environment rather than doing any serious critical thinking and search for answers themselves.
StarHope18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 3:42:14 PM
Christians don't need to know little details. They need to know that Christ is the savior and that God has given his Grace and Love to the people. They need to accept themselves as sinner and live like Christ as much as possible.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 3:52:05 PM
At 12/14/2014 3:42:14 PM, StarHope18 wrote:
Christians don't need to know little details. They need to know that Christ is the savior and that God has given his Grace and Love to the people. They need to accept themselves as sinner and live like Christ as much as possible.

Of course Christians need to know the details. If you're going to take something for its word and bet your life on it, I would certainly hope you've done your homework. Your method of Christianity puts me in mind of the blind leading the blind.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 3:54:53 PM

#1. Yahweh had a wife.

"Most Christians don't know" that "none of the Gospels were written when Jesus was alive." Now that's some doo-doo if I ever saw it. Dude, the gospels depict the death of Jesus, so it's kinda doubtful that anybody thinks they were written before His death.

So I guess we'll have to ask for a reliable source on #4 up there.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:03:38 PM

#1. Yahweh had a wife.

Wow! Having seen these infallible truths I shall abandon my cult and embrace the light of atheism!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
StarHope18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:08:06 PM
At 12/14/2014 3:52:05 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Of course Christians need to know the details. If you're going to take something for its word and bet your life on it, I would certainly hope you've done your homework. Your method of Christianity puts me in mind of the blind leading the blind.

Yes, but not such Little Details as :The ancient Hebrews were polytheistic, not monotheistic.
They need to understand Love, Faith, Hope, Salvation, Grace, Trust and all the other Goodness that God gave.
It's the Way of Christ.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:11:33 PM
At 12/14/2014 4:08:06 PM, StarHope18 wrote:

Yes, but not such Little Details as :The ancient Hebrews were polytheistic, not monotheistic.
They need to understand Love, Faith, Hope, Salvation, Grace, Trust and all the other Goodness that God gave.
It's the Way of Christ.

It would be idealistic to pretend that is all that Christianity teaches. I wish it were so. If you live by those simple concepts then you are an exception. I congratulate you.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
StarHope18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 4:26:59 PM
At 12/14/2014 4:11:33 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/14/2014 4:08:06 PM, StarHope18 wrote:

It's the Way of Christ.

It would be idealistic to pretend that is all that Christianity teaches. I wish it were so. If you live by those simple concepts then you are an exception. I congratulate you.

Thank You! You're making my day! Yay, haha. Actually it is simple from my understanding but it's complex for everyone because we are all so sinful in our nature. Plus, the world is making so much distractions between the relationship with Christ. At the same time, we are still learning and growing, so I really don't feel like I have such a right to say so. But I really love they way you just word it! Thank God for such a Kind words you used! And Thank You!