Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

Why against God?

tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,641
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 2:33:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God.

Simple, atheists never argue against God, ever. They argue with the followers of various religions.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:37:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
bump
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
dee-em
Posts: 6,482
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:08:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa

We don't argue against gods since we don't believe in them. We argue against the concept of a god.

Why? Empathy. We don't like the idea of our fellow human beings living in delusion. We would expect them to do the same for us if the situation were reversed.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 10:09:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa

While I'm not an atheist, I'm close to a number of dear family members who are, and after many a discussion, I believe I can safely state that they don't argue against God as much as against religious fanaticism.

Most Christians are incredibly ignorant. They don't want to offer a message, they want to cram it down people's throats.

Let's see, I want to present my beliefs, what to do, what to do. Oh, I know. I'll be arrogant and condescending and call them all fools, and tell them they are going to burn in Hell forever and ever. Yea, that'll work.

Atheists have chosen to reject a belief in any god due to a complete lack of scientific evidence. They are called fools for that choice, but the the real foolishness is condemning them for doing what they are sure is right.

If you have a message, present it without judgement, and without shoving it in their faces. If it's rejected, let it go and move on. It's that simple.

People have the right to choose as they will. Respect that choice. It is possible, after all, to respect someone without agreeing with them.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 10:19:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa

People tend not to have anything against that which they have no reason to believe exists. However, when living within a society which continually references the purely unevidenced, attempts to force everyone to conform with the associated standards, and even wastes money and resources on this non-existent entity, it reaches the point where it is appropriate to press for a measure of rational thinking. And that's what atheists are doing.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 10:31:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa

Because there is no evidence. All "evidence" is totally subjective or outright fraudulent.

Also no concise definition of God exists. All the many religions have different conceptions and they all say they are the right and all others are false. How is one to take them seriously? If God is so obvious then why does no one know anything objective about him?
bestreligion
Posts: 20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 2:06:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa

No arguments against God..
religious communication
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:31:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 10:09:48 PM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa

While I'm not an atheist, I'm close to a number of dear family members who are, and after many a discussion, I believe I can safely state that they don't argue against God as much as against religious fanaticism.

Most Christians are incredibly ignorant. They don't want to offer a message, they want to cram it down people's throats.

Let's see, I want to present my beliefs, what to do, what to do. Oh, I know. I'll be arrogant and condescending and call them all fools, and tell them they are going to burn in Hell forever and ever. Yea, that'll work.

Atheists have chosen to reject a belief in any god due to a complete lack of scientific evidence. They are called fools for that choice, but the the real foolishness is condemning them for doing what they are sure is right.

If you have a message, present it without judgement, and without shoving it in their faces. If it's rejected, let it go and move on. It's that simple.

People have the right to choose as they will. Respect that choice. It is possible, after all, to respect someone without agreeing with them.

The only thing you said here that is right is that people have the right to choose. If I know you are chosing wrong and it is putting you in danger of eternal Hell fire, there is nothing wrong with me trying to tell you of the danger you are in. You are free to turn and walk away. Your message is full of judgement against anybody who might try to tell you that you are dying and on your way to Hell. If somebody is tying you down and forcing you to listen to them, that's one thing, but you are free to walk away....as long as the muslims don't get hold of you and make you bow to Allah in order to keep your head on your shoulders.

The only thing that condemns you to death and Hell is your own sin, and it's your own choice to reject God's offer of eternal life. I can plainly see that you are dead in your sins now and in danger of Hell fire and there is nothing wrong for saying so publicly when you publicly announce that anybody who cares enough to try to tell you the truth is somehow a terrible person. It seems to me that you are lacking in the abllity to show the respect you think others should show you, yet somehow you seem to think you are better than the people who carry a message you don't like. We both deserve to die now and burn in Hell now, and if you don't get saved from Hell I know where you are going and I know it's your own choice. I respect your choice, but you can't expect me to never say Hell is real and people who think they have the right to exist without God's approval are exempt from God's punishment agaisnt their sin which is Hell.

You probalby hate me for trying to reason with you thusly, so in respect of your desire to be left to go your own way even if it means eternal death in Hell, I'll say goodbye, and hope you rethink your destiny.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:36:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 8:31:44 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

The only thing you said here that is right is that people have the right to choose. If I know you are chosing wrong and it is putting you in danger of eternal Hell fire, there is nothing wrong with me trying to tell you of the danger you are in. You are free to turn and walk away. Your message is full of judgement against anybody who might try to tell you that you are dying and on your way to Hell. If somebody is tying you down and forcing you to listen to them, that's one thing, but you are free to walk away....as long as the muslims don't get hold of you and make you bow to Allah in order to keep your head on your shoulders.

The only thing that condemns you to death and Hell is your own sin, and it's your own choice to reject God's offer of eternal life. I can plainly see that you are dead in your sins now and in danger of Hell fire and there is nothing wrong for saying so publicly when you publicly announce that anybody who cares enough to try to tell you the truth is somehow a terrible person. It seems to me that you are lacking in the abllity to show the respect you think others should show you, yet somehow you seem to think you are better than the people who carry a message you don't like. We both deserve to die now and burn in Hell now, and if you don't get saved from Hell I know where you are going and I know it's your own choice. I respect your choice, but you can't expect me to never say Hell is real and people who think they have the right to exist without God's approval are exempt from God's punishment agaisnt their sin which is Hell.

You probalby hate me for trying to reason with you thusly, so in respect of your desire to be left to go your own way even if it means eternal death in Hell, I'll say goodbye, and hope you rethink your destiny.

I suppose that would all mean something if you weren't one of the incredibly ignorant Christians.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 8:36:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's called denial...they claim they are not arguing agaisnt God because they deny He is there. So when they argue against Him, they can pretend to be arguing against things that are not God.

They are agaisnt God because they love darkness due to the fact that their deeds are evil. If they come to the Light, their deeds will be exposed, every wicked little thought, imagination, word, and action and they would rather die than admit the truth which is that they deserve to die. The only problem is the fact that they can't get rid of God and they can't escape God's judgement by dying.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 9:37:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 8:31:44 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
The only thing that condemns you to death and Hell is your own sin,
The only thing that "condemns" me to death is living.
I can handle that, perhaps you should try.
bulproof
Posts: 25,295
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 9:41:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 8:36:43 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
It's called denial...they claim they are not arguing agaisnt God because they deny He is there. So when they argue against Him, they can pretend to be arguing against things that are not God.

They are agaisnt God because they love darkness due to the fact that their deeds are evil. If they come to the Light, their deeds will be exposed, every wicked little thought, imagination, word, and action and they would rather die than admit the truth which is that they deserve to die. The only problem is the fact that they can't get rid of God and they can't escape God's judgement by dying.

Billions of years of existence proves that you will die.

Billions of years of existence proves that "that's all she wrote"
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:11:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/15/2014 9:37:42 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/15/2014 8:31:44 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
The only thing that condemns you to death and Hell is your own sin,
The only thing that "condemns" me to death is living.
I can handle that, perhaps you should try.

Sorry I can't help you, you are dying. If you think you have the right to exist outside of the fire of Hell, go ahead and try to prove it to yourself and see where it gets you. I'm sorry. I tried to tell you how you can be saved from Hell. I'm really sorry. Goodbye.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 10:42:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 2:15:11 PM, tabularasa wrote:
Atheists:

I would like to know why, from a personal perspective, you argue against God. This is not an attack, so please do not attack me. I will not be responding to your posts or debating your rationale.

Tabula Rasa

I was an atheist before God came into my mind and let me know who He was in 1979. I totally understand why these atheists don't believe Christians and their belief in their Jesus, who isn't our Creator. Christians have to lie about who their god is because they don't have the knowledge of God or have ever had God come into their mind to speak to them. Since they don't know God, they only have words in a Bible to go by and it's the Bible they believe in, not the true invisible Creator who comes into the mind of us saints and prophets and eventually uses us for His purpose to testify to His invisible Word.

At least atheists don't pretend to know our Creator like Christians do. They are way more honest than Christians are because they figured out that the Bible doesn't give them any knowledge to know who they are in God.