Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Doing research on Judaism, any good sources?

UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:30:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I'm planning on starting a debate next week regarding the Abrahamic Faiths, I have a good enough knowledge on Islam and Christianity to make research somewhat minimal but I know very little on Judaism, does anyone have any good sources to recommend while researching?
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:38:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 8:30:25 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I'm planning on starting a debate next week regarding the Abrahamic Faiths, I have a good enough knowledge on Islam and Christianity to make research somewhat minimal but I know very little on Judaism, does anyone have any good sources to recommend while researching?

Like Islam or Christianity you will know that even among Jews there is differences of opinions and not every detail is alike.

http://www.jewfaq.org... Is simple easy to read and understand.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:45:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 8:38:20 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:30:25 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I'm planning on starting a debate next week regarding the Abrahamic Faiths, I have a good enough knowledge on Islam and Christianity to make research somewhat minimal but I know very little on Judaism, does anyone have any good sources to recommend while researching?

Like Islam or Christianity you will know that even among Jews there is differences of opinions and not every detail is alike.

http://www.jewfaq.org... Is simple easy to read and understand.

Thank you, the source is very useful.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 8:49:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 8:45:13 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:38:20 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:30:25 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I'm planning on starting a debate next week regarding the Abrahamic Faiths, I have a good enough knowledge on Islam and Christianity to make research somewhat minimal but I know very little on Judaism, does anyone have any good sources to recommend while researching?

Like Islam or Christianity you will know that even among Jews there is differences of opinions and not every detail is alike.

http://www.jewfaq.org... Is simple easy to read and understand.

Thank you, the source is very useful.

You're welcome, What is the Debate on?
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,681
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:14:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 8:49:41 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:45:13 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:38:20 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:30:25 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I'm planning on starting a debate next week regarding the Abrahamic Faiths, I have a good enough knowledge on Islam and Christianity to make research somewhat minimal but I know very little on Judaism, does anyone have any good sources to recommend while researching?

Like Islam or Christianity you will know that even among Jews there is differences of opinions and not every detail is alike.

http://www.jewfaq.org... Is simple easy to read and understand.

Thank you, the source is very useful.

You're welcome, What is the Debate on?

"Islam is the most logical of the Abrahamic Faiths" I narrowed it down to the Abrahamic Faiths because discussing it on religion in general would be too vast of a topic to do in just one debate and would be much easier to research and I thought that doing a typical "Theism vs Atheism" debate was also somewhat overused, my original thought was doing "Islam is compatible with modern science" but that also felt somewhat overused as another stereotypical "Atheism vs Theism" debate.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2014 9:24:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/14/2014 9:14:38 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:49:41 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:45:13 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:38:20 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/14/2014 8:30:25 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I'm planning on starting a debate next week regarding the Abrahamic Faiths, I have a good enough knowledge on Islam and Christianity to make research somewhat minimal but I know very little on Judaism, does anyone have any good sources to recommend while researching?

Like Islam or Christianity you will know that even among Jews there is differences of opinions and not every detail is alike.

http://www.jewfaq.org... Is simple easy to read and understand.

Thank you, the source is very useful.

You're welcome, What is the Debate on?

"Islam is the most logical of the Abrahamic Faiths" I narrowed it down to the Abrahamic Faiths because discussing it on religion in general would be too vast of a topic to do in just one debate and would be much easier to research and I thought that doing a typical "Theism vs Atheism" debate was also somewhat overused, my original thought was doing "Islam is compatible with modern science" but that also felt somewhat overused as another stereotypical "Atheism vs Theism" debate.

Interesting. I think it takes faith to decide the accuracy between these faiths. That logic will only bring you to a very general acceptance of God. An area that would also include Sikhism and other monotheistic religions that have a non-embodied omnipotent, all-knowing creator God.