Jump to topic:

A fact check.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 12:47:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm reading a book right now that is extremely biased towards pro-Christianity and it gave this quote from Hitler, I'm just wondering if you had any in-put into whether it's accurate or false. It's a little shocking if it's true.

" Historically speaking, the Christian religion is nothing but a Jewish sect . . . After the destruction of Judaism, the extinction of Christian slave morals must follow logically . . . I shall know the moment when to confront, for the sake of the German people and the world, their Asiatic slave morals with our picture of the free man, the godlike man "
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 12:57:26 AM
That doesn't seem like an extremely far-fetched quote, considering it's coming from Hitler. Christianity stems from Judaism. Jesus was a Jew. The Old Testament is the Jewish Torah. The evidence is there that Christianity in many ways could almost be considered a Jewish sect although it's a bit extreme to consider it such. Seems strange Hitler would say that too, considering there's speculation that he was Christian.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:01:58 AM
At 5/23/2010 12:59:39 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Speculation? Lol, it was the religion of the Nazi party.

One could argue that Hitler was more of a Pagan.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:02:01 AM
Is the book 'What If Jesus Had Never Been Born?'? Because after searching around Google for a bit, the only websites that have that quote are websites affiliated with that book. Very dubious then, IMO.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:05:01 AM
Christianity was likely meant as a Jewish sect, and is one technically, but in truth it somewhat failed to follow it's own scripture and is just a big fat fail. As for the rest of the quote, it's difficult to determine what you are querying.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:07:13 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:02:01 AM, Kinesis wrote:
Is the book 'What If Jesus Had Never Been Born?'? Because after searching around Google for a bit, the only websites that have that quote are websites affiliated with that book. Very dubious then, IMO.

Yep that's it.

Very curious indeed.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:17:59 AM
Hitler is wrong because he went to hell after he died.
That is what happens to everyone who stands against God.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:18:50 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:17:59 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:

The rules change every week.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:21:33 AM

As far as I'm concerned Hitler belongs in hell. :)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:24:54 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:21:33 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:

For all that Hitler did, he does not deserve to go to hell. The only crime worthy of eternal torment would be the inflicting of eternal torment. In short, the only one every worthy of hell would be God.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:25:42 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:24:54 AM, FREEDO wrote:

For all that Hitler did, he does not deserve to go to hell. The only crime worthy of eternal torment would be the inflicting of eternal torment. In short, the only one ever worthy of hell would be God.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:30:39 AM

For all that Hitler did, he does not deserve to go to hell. The only crime worthy of eternal torment would be the inflicting of eternal torment. In short, the only one every worthy of hell would be God.

No. :( You just don't like God.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:35:29 AM
Anyone who thinks Hitler is guilty is an enemy of free speech. Anyone who believes in free speech declares Hitler innocent.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:39:42 AM
Hitler will only go to heaven if he had accepted Christ minutes before the Russians killed him.

But if it is true that Hitler commited suicide then he is in hell with people like Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Stalin and many other.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:45:45 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:39:42 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
Hitler will only go to heaven if he had accepted Christ minutes before the Russians killed him.

But if it is true that Hitler commited suicide then he is in hell with people like Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Stalin and many other.

LMMAAAOOOOO
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:46:10 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:35:29 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Anyone who thinks Hitler is guilty is an enemy of free speech. Anyone who believes in free speech declares Hitler innocent.

What are you rambling about now?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:51:02 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:46:10 AM, FREEDO wrote:

People were saying Hitler deserved Hell, or at least worthy of punishment. He never killed a single person (except himself), and thus is innocent. Though, I've already had long discussions about this in the forums. Not about to go through it again.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:53:58 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:51:02 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

People were saying Hitler deserved Hell, or at least worthy of punishment. He never killed a single person (except himself), and thus is innocent. Though, I've already had long discussions about this in the forums. Not about to go through it again.

So rulers should never be held accountable for commanding genocide? Hitler used mind-control over the masses which makes it a little more than indirect anyways.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:55:08 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:51:02 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

He's still guilty as he gave the orders. It's like when somebody gets stoned in Iran. The authorities are just as guilty as they gave the orders.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 1:57:13 AM

Brilliant!
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 2:13:33 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:57:35 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Besides, Hitler did kill people when he served in WWI.

He didn't serve as a soldier as far as I'm aware. More of a messenger.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 2:15:25 AM
At 5/23/2010 1:53:58 AM, FREEDO wrote:

So rulers should never be held accountable for commanding genocide? Hitler used mind-control over the masses which makes it a little more than indirect anyways.

You're an enemy of free speech. I don't care who you are or what your status is, you can say whatever you damnwell please.

I can command my friend to jump off a bridge, but it doesn't mean I'm guilty if he's actually dumb enough to do it. Everyone has a choice in spite of what anyone tells them to do.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 2:35:48 AM
At 5/23/2010 2:15:25 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/23/2010 1:53:58 AM, FREEDO wrote:

You're an enemy of free speech. I don't care who you are or what your status is, you can say whatever you damnwell please.

I can command my friend to jump off a bridge, but it doesn't mean I'm guilty if he's actually dumb enough to do it. Everyone has a choice in spite of what anyone tells them to do.

You are guilty if you first brainwash him to do whatever you command, then purposefully give him a faulty parachute. You've essentially pushed him off the cliff - the only difference is your methods in doing it.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 3:44:18 AM

Wow Geo.

Out of all the crazy stuff you've written, this could just take the biscuit and win the crazy cookie.

There is a big difference between stating an opinion and starting a war, between insults and genocide. Is a mafioso don innocent of the murders he orders his thugs to commit?

I like Freedo's comment on hell by the way.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 3:47:02 AM
At 5/23/2010 3:44:18 AM, feverish wrote:

Wow Geo.

Out of all the crazy stuff you've written, this could just take the biscuit and win the crazy cookie.

There is a big difference between stating an opinion and starting a war, between insults and genocide. Is a mafioso don innocent of the murders he orders his thugs to commit?

Thought the same thing.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2010 3:49:01 AM
At 5/23/2010 3:44:18 AM, feverish wrote:

Wow Geo.

Don't be silly. He's said far crazier things.