Jump to topic:

Former Atheists: Recount Your Experiences

IEnglishman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:04:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was subject to a lot of ridicule from self-proclaimed free-thinking friends when I became a Christian. I imagine this happens to an awful lot of people, given how atheists on this forum behave and their hypocritical world-views. How did you overcome the ridicule and hate?
Bulproof admits he's a troll http://www.debate.org... (see post 16). Do not feed.
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:12:55 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:04:20 PM, IEnglishman wrote:
I was subject to a lot of ridicule from self-proclaimed free-thinking friends when I became a Christian. I imagine this happens to an awful lot of people, given how atheists on this forum behave and their hypocritical world-views. How did you overcome the ridicule and hate?

sex, No lol I find solace and comfort in my faith. You should maybe find better friends?
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:27:14 PM
At 12/15/2014 3:12:55 PM, headphonegut wrote:
At 12/15/2014 3:04:20 PM, IEnglishman wrote:

sex, No lol I find solace and comfort in my faith. You should maybe find better friends?

This. I'd also hesitate to cal out all atheists, the majority of whom seem like pretty respectful people. The problem is with the evangelical atheists who often populate forums like this. They're the kind of people who if you wished them luck on an exam would look at you condescendingly and tell you that luck isn't real.

Honestly, religion just isn't something worth discussing with some people. Find better friends
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2014 3:30:17 PM
For the record, I've never been an atheist but I have gone through several periods of intense religious doubt. The friends on either side I've discussed this with never mocked me but were always open and willing to listen...because they weren't condescending douchebags.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right