Jump to topic:

***Hall of Fame - Religion***

Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 6:06:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was thinking that the religion forum gets a lot of hate (... justifiably so), and one consequence of this is that religious topics and debates never really enter the hall of fame, or ever really come into contention:

Hall of Fame Late 2014 Nominations:
http://www.debate.org...

Hall of Fame Winners:

So I thought it might be good to try and run a hall of fame exclusively for religious topics & debates. Thus people on this forum can nominate 3 debates and 3 topics for entry into the hall of fame, and the top 3 voted topics/debates every 6 months will be entered into it.

Qualifying topics/debates include anything theological, philosophical, societal that has direct ties to theism/religion. Thus debates about Biblical interpretations, God's attributes/existence, God given Free Will, historicity of Jesus, the first amendment, etc. etc. would qualify.

Thoughts, opinions?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 2:07:50 PM
At 12/16/2014 6:06:54 AM, Envisage wrote:
I was thinking that the religion forum gets a lot of hate (... justifiably so), and one consequence of this is that religious topics and debates never really enter the hall of fame, or ever really come into contention:

Hall of Fame Winners:

So I thought it might be good to try and run a hall of fame exclusively for religious topics & debates. Thus people on this forum can nominate 3 debates and 3 topics for entry into the hall of fame, and the top 3 voted topics/debates every 6 months will be entered into it.

Qualifying topics/debates include anything theological, philosophical, societal that has direct ties to theism/religion. Thus debates about Biblical interpretations, God's attributes/existence, God given Free Will, historicity of Jesus, the first amendment, etc. etc. would qualify.

Thoughts, opinions?

I think it's a good idea IF you can get others to participate. It seems like a lot of people here can't look past the drama or the theological beliefs of the person suggesting something to do anything community driven. As for me, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this sub-forum better for everyone here. So let me know if I can help you.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 3:37:15 PM

Hall of Fame Winners:

Thoughts, opinions?

There is one debate I nominate (as of right now):
1) Science has rendered theism unreasonable

I do not know of any thread that has not been completely derailed (if there was one, then put that here).
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2014 5:30:32 PM

Hall of Fame Winners:

Thoughts, opinions?

Good idea. I think there are some topics that are pretty interesting, and they deserve a little acknowledgement. Who knows, maybe it will encourage more posts on topic and with less flames. (One can only hope)
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 12:14:53 AM
Bump
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 12:29:49 AM
At 12/17/2014 12:14:53 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
Bump

I see your bump and I raise you two bumps.

Bump
Bump
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:03:53 AM
At 12/17/2014 12:29:49 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
Bump

Bump
Bump

I fold
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:19:22 AM
Bump

Bump
Bump

And I raise you a hip swivel and pelvic thrust.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:27:33 AM
At 12/17/2014 3:19:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
Bump

Bump
Bump

Work it, bulproof! I might have to fold. Or I'll throw my back out. Ha!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:31:12 AM
At 12/17/2014 3:27:33 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/17/2014 3:19:22 AM, bulproof wrote:
Bump

Bump
Bump

Work it, bulproof! I might have to fold. Or I'll throw my back out. Ha!

ROFL
Oh sh*t now I can't get up. :)
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:48:20 AM
I'll add my nominations:

Debates:
"Matthew 24 addresses a 1st century Jewish audience. All its prophesies were fulfilled by AD 70."

"A Human Soul Exists"

I'll add another when I can remember a comparable one.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:19:20 AM
I'd like to nominate bulproof to the level of Legend of the Hall of Fame-Religion.
It's obvious to all that bul's posts are the most eagerly awaited and popular of all posts with the members who frequent this sub forum.
In my opinion bulproof has more than earned the staus of Legend of the Hall of Fame-Religion.
Thankyou for your time.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:41:19 AM
At 12/17/2014 5:19:20 AM, bulproof wrote:
I'd like to nominate bulproof to the level of Legend of the Hall of Fame-Religion.
It's obvious to all that bul's posts are the most eagerly awaited and popular of all posts with the members who frequent this sub forum.
In my opinion bulproof has more than earned the staus of Legend of the Hall of Fame-Religion.
Thankyou for your time.

I second that nomination. Bulproof is a legend in his own mind, oops, time.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:42:58 AM
Thankyou for your time.

Heck, I'd like to nominate this post ^ ^ ^ ^ . A four-sentence post by bulproof needs to be printed and framed.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:44:09 AM
At 12/17/2014 5:42:58 AM, annanicole wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

Heck, I'd like to nominate this post ^ ^ ^ ^ . A four-sentence post by bulproof needs to be printed and framed.

Only topics & debates are nominated here. I excluded people because I think the existing polls does a good enough job of that already.
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:45:34 AM
Thankyou for your time.

If there were a list of people who I would mandate to be castrated so their genes would no longer pollute the gene pool, your name would be very high on it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 5:51:10 AM
At 12/17/2014 5:45:34 AM, Envisage wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

If there were a list of people who I would mandate to be castrated so their genes would no longer pollute the gene pool, your name would be very high on it.

Excellent coming from an upstart child without the intellect of a brain damaged three toed sloth.
I'm not impressed.
But little girl come see me with your nuts already in a jar and I'll take them off your hands and feed them to you. You have none between your legs after all.
Pissant wannabe.
Haha a child wants to start an insult war.
Now that is funny
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:25:11 AM
Thankyou for your time.

You made him mad enough to type SEVEN sentences. Keep going, and he may get flustered enough to have an actual debate after ... what? ... 11,000 forum posts!
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:44:01 AM
At 12/17/2014 6:25:11 AM, annanicole wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

You made him mad enough to type SEVEN sentences. Keep going, and he may get flustered enough to have an actual debate after ... what? ... 11,000 forum posts!

Tell us all about christian bestiality Annie.
It's a favourite subject when gay marriage is mentioned.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 6:48:43 AM
At 12/17/2014 6:44:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

Look, you're the one who wants society to condone one man sticking his dick in another man's a$$hole as .... ummm .... "normal". As a believer in evolution, I suppose you think the butt "evolved" as a receptacle for semen, eh?

It has zilch to do with beastiality, although I'd say if one man can marry another man, he might as well marry his dog. A dog was constructed (or "evolved") for sex with humans about as much as human buttholes did.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:02:23 AM
At 12/17/2014 6:48:43 AM, annanicole wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

Look, you're the one who wants society to condone one man sticking his dick in another man's a$$hole as .... ummm .... "normal". As a believer in evolution, I suppose you think the butt "evolved" as a receptacle for semen, eh?

It has zilch to do with beastiality, although I'd say if one man can marry another man, he might as well marry his dog. A dog was constructed (or "evolved") for sex with humans about as much as human buttholes did.

Thank you for the confirmation. You do your religion proud.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:07:03 AM
At 12/17/2014 7:02:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

So tell us, bulproof ... is one man sticking his dick in other man's butthole something that you think society should affirm as normal sexual behavior? After all, it's either a normal use of the organs, or it isn't. Why don't you write us one of your two-sentence essays on the subject.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:10:42 AM
At 12/17/2014 7:07:03 AM, annanicole wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

So tell us, bulproof ... is one man sticking his dick in other man's butthole something that you think society should affirm as normal sexual behavior? After all, it's either a normal use of the organs, or it isn't. Why don't you write us one of your two-sentence essays on the subject.

In one sentence, it has nothing to do with you or anybody else.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:13:38 AM
At 12/17/2014 7:10:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

You're right. Such behavior is a private matter. Of course, that doesn't answer the question, does it?

In case you forgot it, here it is:

"Is one man sticking his dick in other man's butthole something that you think society should affirm as normal sexual behavior?"

It's either "yes" or "no"
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:29:54 AM
At 12/17/2014 7:13:38 AM, annanicole wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

You're right. Such behavior is a private matter. Of course, that doesn't answer the question, does it?

"Is one man sticking his dick in other man's butthole something that you think society should affirm as normal sexual behavior?"

You have already acceded that my answer is RIGHT.
Why would you ask the question again? Oh that's right Annies obfuscation 101.
Off ya go now Annie, I'm better at your silly games than you are.
I don't know why you still try.
Stick with the madman, you deserve each other.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:37:47 AM
At 12/17/2014 7:29:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/17/2014 7:13:38 AM, annanicole wrote:
Thankyou for your time.

You have already acceded that my answer is RIGHT.

I acceded that your statement was correct. However, your "statement" did not answer the question.

Why would you ask the question again? Oh that's right Annies obfuscation 101.

Go back and answer the question.

Off ya go now Annie, I'm better at your silly games than you are.
I don't know why you still try.
Stick with the madman, you deserve each other.

LMAO The only realm in which we deserve each other is that we are both members of the "Have Actually Had a Debate on DDO" club. Your membership is still pending.

Now go back and answer the widdle question, bully:

A cop-out such as "It's no one's business" is just that: a cop-out.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:44:14 AM

That depends on whether or not one man sticking his dick in a woman's butthole is normal?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:45:18 AM
At 12/17/2014 7:29:54 AM, bulproof wrote:

" Off ya go now Annie, I'm better at your silly games than you are."

Typical response - in fact the normative response - when poor bully is asked a question that he doesn't feel comfortable answering. His response is that "it's nobody's business". LMAO. Alright, then you might suggest to the homosexual community that they quit parading their sexual notions around in public. I'm sure your suggestion carry a lot of weight with them.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 7:49:11 AM
At 12/17/2014 7:44:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That depends on whether or not one man sticking his dick in a woman's butthole is normal?

No it doesn't. Maybe they just had bad aim.

I cannot believe that otherwise-intelligent people are marching around with signs saying, "I stick my dick in men's buttholes. Accept me as normal." That's ridiculous. That's not even a variation on "normal".
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:09:23 AM
In response to the question you asked and I answered, you conceded that my answer was correct.
You're right.
Was your response.
Run along now, you are just making a bigger fool of yourself.