Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Can Dogs Go to Heaven

bsh1
Posts: 28,792
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 1:24:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Pope Paul VI said: "One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God's creatures." [http://www.patheos.com...]

Do you believe heaven is reserved for humanity, or can all creatures, be they insects or dogs, ascend into heaven.

For the sake of the discussion, let's presupposed heaven exists. Let's keep things civil, too. Thanks!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...

Mafia Sign-ups: http://www.debate.org...
dee-em
Posts: 8,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 2:13:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2014 1:24:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Pope Paul VI said: "One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God's creatures." [http://www.patheos.com...]

Do you believe heaven is reserved for humanity, or can all creatures, be they insects or dogs, ascend into heaven.

For the sake of the discussion, let's presupposed heaven exists. Let's keep things civil, too. Thanks!

Sorry, beat you to the draw:

http://www.debate.org...
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
bulproof
Posts: 29,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 3:15:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2014 2:13:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/17/2014 1:24:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Pope Paul VI said: "One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God's creatures." [http://www.patheos.com...]

Do you believe heaven is reserved for humanity, or can all creatures, be they insects or dogs, ascend into heaven.

For the sake of the discussion, let's presupposed heaven exists. Let's keep things civil, too. Thanks!

Sorry, beat you to the draw:

http://www.debate.org...

OK then can Yersinia pestis go to heaven?
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Envisage
Posts: 3,648
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 4:03:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2014 1:24:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Pope Paul VI said: "One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God's creatures." [http://www.patheos.com...]

Do you believe heaven is reserved for humanity, or can all creatures, be they insects or dogs, ascend into heaven.

For the sake of the discussion, let's presupposed heaven exists. Let's keep things civil, too. Thanks!

If dogs have souls, then they in principle can go to heaven. I have yet to see a convincing argument to think that dogs would not have souls assuming humans do have souls.
dee-em
Posts: 8,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 4:18:54 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2014 3:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/17/2014 2:13:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/17/2014 1:24:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Pope Paul VI said: "One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God's creatures." [http://www.patheos.com...]

Do you believe heaven is reserved for humanity, or can all creatures, be they insects or dogs, ascend into heaven.

For the sake of the discussion, let's presupposed heaven exists. Let's keep things civil, too. Thanks!

Sorry, beat you to the draw:

http://www.debate.org...

OK then can Yersinia pestis go to heaven?

The Pope said all of God's creatures, so yep. If a bacterium is a creature then heaven will have the Black Plague. The rats will already be there waiting, of course.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
bulproof
Posts: 29,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 4:23:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2014 4:18:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/17/2014 3:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/17/2014 2:13:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/17/2014 1:24:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Pope Paul VI said: "One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God's creatures." [http://www.patheos.com...]

Do you believe heaven is reserved for humanity, or can all creatures, be they insects or dogs, ascend into heaven.

For the sake of the discussion, let's presupposed heaven exists. Let's keep things civil, too. Thanks!

Sorry, beat you to the draw:

http://www.debate.org...

OK then can Yersinia pestis go to heaven?

The Pope said all of God's creatures, so yep. If a bacterium is a creature then heaven will have the Black Plague. The rats will already be there waiting, of course.

WOOHOO

Good thing we're going to hell. Parteeeeey
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,830
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 4:28:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2014 4:18:54 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/17/2014 3:15:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/17/2014 2:13:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/17/2014 1:24:45 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Pope Paul VI said: "One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God's creatures." [http://www.patheos.com...]

Do you believe heaven is reserved for humanity, or can all creatures, be they insects or dogs, ascend into heaven.

For the sake of the discussion, let's presupposed heaven exists. Let's keep things civil, too. Thanks!

Sorry, beat you to the draw:

http://www.debate.org...

OK then can Yersinia pestis go to heaven?

The Pope said all of God's creatures, so yep. If a bacterium is a creature then heaven will have the Black Plague. The rats will already be there waiting, of course.

-:D
dont fart
bulproof
Posts: 29,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:15:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
News Flash.......this just in.
There has been an outbreak of bubonic plague in heaven and everybody there is dead.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
dee-em
Posts: 8,018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:37:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2014 9:15:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
News Flash.......this just in.
There has been an outbreak of bubonic plague in heaven and everybody there is dead.

Hm. That would explain why we haven't heard from God for a while.
Or something.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.