Jump to topic:

Untruths in the bible according to MCB

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:01:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
First is the trip of the jesus family into egypt after his birth.
This story is only told by Matthew who was not an eyewitness and can therefore only be declared a rumour at best, at worst it's a fabrication trying to fulfill an OT prophesy.

Second is the zombie invasion of Jerusalem upon the death of jesus.
Once again this story is only related by Matthew and he wasn't an eyewitness and therefore must be relegated to the status of rumour.

I'm interested in what MCB"s fellow followers of the bible think about these claims.
After all most of you believe that the bible is the word of your god, not just rumours cobbled together by non witness fabricators.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:05:42 AM
At 12/17/2014 8:01:43 AM, bulproof wrote:
First is the trip of the jesus family into egypt after his birth.
This story is only told by Matthew who was not an eyewitness and can therefore only be declared a rumour at best, at worst it's a fabrication trying to fulfill an OT prophesy.

Matthew was not an eyewitness of what? Perhaps members of Jesus' family, including the parents, informed Matthew of the trip.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:07:36 AM
... and MCB doesn't count, for he deletes all passage as "mistakes" made by ignorant or angered or downright lying men - if those passages do not jibe with current BotchTower broadcasts. Thus, I wouldn't recommend paying much attention to him.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."