Jump to topic:

what or who is Azazel?

Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:32:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In Leviticus 16: 20; Aaron chooses a scape goat, then pacing his hand on the goat, he symbolically transfers the sins of Israel onto the goat, which is then sent out into the wilderness to Azazel.

In the Margins of the Good News Catholic study bible, it is written: "The meaning of the Hebrew word "Azazel" is unknown. It may be the name of a desert demon.

But the universal church that was established by Emperor Constantine have rejected the most important stone of all. And the stone that they rejected which is the foundation stone of all Hebrew scripture, is the most important stone of all.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 8:50:28 PM
At 12/17/2014 8:34:14 PM, bulproof wrote:
It's a new brand of goat's cheese.

So says the godless atheist who has nothing better to do than to haunt the religious forum in its attempt to attack the scripture to which it is totally ignorant and try to derail any religious topic..
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:25:03 PM

Baa-aah!
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:34:40 PM
At 12/17/2014 8:50:28 PM, Gentorev wrote:

So says the godless atheist who has nothing better to do than to haunt the religious forum in its attempt to attack the scripture to which it is totally ignorant and try to derail any religious topic..

I'm not sure where you are going with this so I'll just throw out the craziest.

2 goats go into the desert. 1 goat (Jesus) is given to God. 1 goat is given to Azazel. the scapegoat that carries the sin of the people to Azazel, in the end the demon is put into the lake of fire.

Azazel taught the people all kinds sin. Azazel is chained in a pit. a pit Abaddon will open releasing Azazel to father the 2nd Goat. The antichrist.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 9:47:38 PM
At 12/17/2014 8:32:40 PM, Gentorev wrote:
In Leviticus 16: 20; Aaron chooses a scape goat, then pacing his hand on the goat, he symbolically transfers the sins of Israel onto the goat, which is then sent out into the wilderness to Azazel.

In the Margins of the Good News Catholic study bible, it is written: "The meaning of the Hebrew word "Azazel" is unknown. It may be the name of a desert demon.

But the universal church that was established by Emperor Constantine have rejected the most important stone of all. And the stone that they rejected which is the foundation stone of all Hebrew scripture, is the most important stone of all.

Can you tell us what the "stone" represents?

Azazel represents the end of this first age when all the rest of the flesh of man and beasts will be destroyed. Here's the promise of God for us in the New Heaven and Earth;

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Ezekiel 15
6: Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so will I give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
7: And I will set my face against them; though they escape from the fire, the fire shall yet consume them; and you will know that I am the LORD, when I set my face against them.
8: And I will make the land desolate, because they have acted faithlessly, says the Lord GOD."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:08:35 PM
At 12/17/2014 9:34:40 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/17/2014 8:50:28 PM, Gentorev wrote:

I'm not sure where you are going with this so I'll just throw out the craziest.

2 goats go into the desert. 1 goat (Jesus) is given to God. 1 goat is given to Azazel. the scapegoat that carries the sin of the people to Azazel, in the end the demon is put into the lake of fire.

Azazel taught the people all kinds sin. Azazel is chained in a pit. a pit Abaddon will open releasing Azazel to father the 2nd Goat. The antichrist.

Thanks for having a go mate. You are right, one goat is the sin offering for the Israelites, it is slaughtered, the scape goat is sent out into the wilderness to Azazel, who is one of the sons of God who descended in the days of Jared, the biological father of Enoch the giant.

Moses who was brought up in the house of Pharaoh, would have been educated by the greatest teachers of Egypt, and he brought those teachings with him and after removing the leaven that had been added over time by the Egyptian priests, he gave to the Israelites, "The unleavened bread of God, or the spiritual food for the growth of the spirit/mind.

It was Moses who gave to Aaron the regulations that he was to perform, and one of those regulations was to choose a scapegoat and laying his hands upon the head of that goat, he symbolically transferred the sins of Israel to the goat which was then sent out into the wilderness to Azazel, and as you will be well aware, Azazel was that son of God who descended in the days of Enoch"s Father "Jared," which name means descending; whether descending from space or through time will be discussed at a later date.

Azazel was the one who taught mankind all about metallurgy and the making of swords, knives, shields and breastplates, and bracelets and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures Etc. Tubal-Cain, the seventh and last recorded descendant of Cain, was an artificer in copper and iron; the master of all coppersmiths and blacksmiths. Those angels who had come from heaven had to return to heaven, but they would have no peace, and they first had to be bound in the valley of earth till seventy generations had passed, (Jesus is seventy generations from Enoch, See Luke 3; 23-38.) While Azazel was punished separate from the rest, he was taken out to a place in the wilderness called "Dudael" where he was cast into a pit and covered with rough and jagged stones, and all sin was to be ascribed to him.

As there is no known source for the story of Azazel other than the Book of Enoch the Prophet, I think that we can safely assume that the Egyptians had access to the writings of Enoch.

Enoch at the age of 365, the number of days in a calendar year, was carried to heaven. The Book of Jubilees 4: 23, concerning Enoch, "And he was taken from amongst the children of men and we (The Angels) conducted him into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honour, and behold there he writes down the condemnation and judgment of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men. And on account of it (God whose name was "Hide thyself" (CAIN the shining one from a different age of man) bought the waters of the flood upon all the land of Eden, etc.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 3:12:35 PM
Genesis 5: 23; Enoch was 365 (In days---A calendar year the one year old sacrificial Lamb of God.) and had spent his life in fellowship with God when he disappeared because God had Taken him.

Hebrews 11: 5; "By faith Enoch was translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

The only man to have ascended to the ends of all time and was translated so as to never see death, and this man, plays absolutely no part in the belief of the universal church of Constantine: "The Stone that the builder's rejected, has turned out to be the most important stone of all."

The great and glorious one who, clothed and girded in fire was anointed to serve God before the body of Adam=Mankind into all eternity, the heavenly Simulacrum=blueprint, of the new species that comes from mankind (THE SON OF MAN) which is the sin offering that God has prepared for us.

From "The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord"s face.

And the Most High in the creation, (who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel, which could save but one man,) said to his servants tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures (Not humans) bowed down to the Lord of creatures, and said: "Let Enoch go according to Thy word."

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory."

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun"s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

There you have the anointed one, who filled the man Jesus, with his spirit that descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my beloved in whom I am pleased, "This Day" I have begotten thee," who spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by our indwelling evolving ancestral Father spirit, Enoch the chosen successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation.

From the book of Jubliees 4: 23; "And He, (Enoch) was taken from among the children of men, and we (The angels) conducted him into the Garden of Eden in majesty and honour, and behold there he writes down the condemnation and judgement of the world, and all the wickedness of the children of men. And on account of it (The condemnation (Accusations) and Judgement of Enoch the anointed successor to the throne of the "MOST HIGH" in the creation.) God brought about the flood on all the land of Eden.

When the pre-flood androgynous body of mankind, of which body, Adam was the indwelling spiritual Father and Godhead, was submerged in the baptismal waters of the earth, It was the spiritual Enoch, in the body of the eight in the ark of salvation, who came up from those baptismal waters.

Noah, his wife, their three sons and their three wives, are all direct descendants of Enoch"s six sons, Methusulah, Rigam, Riman, Urchan, Cherminion and Giadad, and now, within all the descendants of Noah, behind the veil of the flesh, within the inner most sanctuary of his earthly tabernacle, the living spirit of our ancestral Father, evolves to the ends of time.

The only man to have been reborn so far, is Enoch, who was in the valley of man for three days (Three thousand years,) before he was reborn as the man Jesus over whom death had no power.

The next to be reborn, will be Elijah, who also, was carried up without ever experiencing death, has now been in the valley of man for three days, but his chosen earthly host body will be quickened by his living presence and be translated to an immortal body of glorious light.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 1:32:23 AM
Jesus is 70 generations from Enoch who is the seventh from Adam. This means that Jesus is the eleventh of the seventh born sons from Adam. 10 finishes the first cycle: eleven, which is 10 + 1, is the beginning of the second cycle. The man Jesus who was given divine glory by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is the second Adam

Jesus was raised from the dead on the first day of the week after Passover which is the Feast of "First fruits." Jesus is the "The First Fruits" to be harvested from the body of mankind, the first of many brothers and sisters to be conformed to the image of God"s only begotten son, the first to win the victory and to receive a share of the glorious immortal body of light, which is that of our heavenly saviour, which body of light is torn asunder and poured out as fire on the heads of all those who believed his words as spoken through his servant "Jesus" for our salvation.

In his new glorious body of brilliant and blinding light, He, on the road to Damascus, answered Saul's question, "Who are you Lord?" with these words, "I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you persecute,"

And Jesus our brother, was given divine glory and now sits in the throne of our Father, and all the chosen ones who have born the image of the first Adam, shall also bear the IMAGE OF Jesus, "The Second Adam," (in the eternal process of change/evolution, for mankind does not close the chapter in the book of evolution) a new creation of bodies of Glorious and blinding Light that is the new Temple of our Lord that is to replace God"s old tabernacle (Mankind) as the ruler on this earth of all creation.

First, "MAN" (man = 'enosh ,'which in English means, mortal human beings) was created a little lower than the angels, then he is crowned with glory and all creation is placed beneath his feet. All creation is placed beneath the feet of MAN (man: 'enosh) in English, mortal human beings) WHO IS CROWNED WITH GLORY, we have not yet seen this happen. But we have seen Jesus, the first of many brothers and sisters to be conformed to the image of our saviour, who has won the victory and was given divine glory by our heavenly Father and saviour, and now sits in His heavenly throne of Godhead: and who, in Revelation 3: 21; invites those, who win the victory also, to sit with him in our Father"s throne of Godhead within the creation. And all creation Visible and invisible, which, according to Paul, includes even the angels, will bow at their feet.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:02:11 AM

Your Catholic study bible can't be very good then.
According to Strongs Lexicon H5799 - `aza'zel means
entire removal, scapegoat
refers to the goat used for sacrifice for the sins of the people
meaning dubious

Root Word (Etymology)
It comes from `ez (H5795 ) and 'azal (H235)
ez = female goat, she-goat, goat, kid
azal = to go, to go away, to go about
to be used up, be exhausted, be gone, evaporated
to go to and fro

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"Azazel is a term traditionally understood to mean either as scapegoat or " in some traditions of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam " as the name for a fallen angel or demon. It is used three times in the Hebrew Bible.

In older English versions such as the King James Version the word azazeyl is translated as "as a scapegoat"
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:40:45 PM
At 12/23/2014 4:02:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:

meaning dubious

Root Word (Etymology)
to go to and fro

"Azazel is a term traditionally understood to mean either as scapegoat or " in some traditions of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam " as the name for a fallen angel or demon. It is used three times in the Hebrew Bible.

In older English versions such as the King James Version the word azazeyl is translated as "as a scapegoat"

Be that as it may, but all who have studied the Holy Scriptures know that Azazel was one of the sons of God who descended in the days of Enoch"s Father "Jared," which name means descending.

Azazel was the one who taught mankind all about metallurgy and the making of swords, knives, shields and breastplates, and bracelets and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures Etc. Tubal-Cain, the seventh and last recorded descendant of Cain, was an artificer in copper and iron; the master of all coppersmiths and blacksmiths. Cain the shining one and Abel his brother, is a condensed story of an age of man prior to the age of Seth.

Those angels who had come from heaven had to return to heaven, but they would have no peace, and they first had to be bound in the valley of earth till seventy generations had passed, (Jesus is seventy generations from Enoch, See Luke 3; 23-38.) While Azazel was punished separate from the rest, he was taken out to a place in the wilderness called "Dudael" where he was cast into a pit and covered with rough and jagged stones, and all sin was to be ascribed to him.

As there is no known source for the story of Azazel other than the Book of Enoch the Prophet, I think that we can safely assume that the learned Egyptians who taught Moses the son of Pharaoh, had access to the writings of Enoch.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:09:08 PM
At 12/23/2014 9:40:45 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:02:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:

meaning dubious

Root Word (Etymology)
to go to and fro

Be that as it may, but all who have studied the Holy Scriptures know that Azazel was one of the sons of God who descended in the days of Enoch"s Father "Jared," which name means descending.

Azazel was the one who taught mankind all about metallurgy and the making of swords, knives, shields and breastplates, and bracelets and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures Etc. Tubal-Cain, the seventh and last recorded descendant of Cain, was an artificer in copper and iron; the master of all coppersmiths and blacksmiths. Cain the shining one and Abel his brother, is a condensed story of an age of man prior to the age of Seth.

Those angels who had come from heaven had to return to heaven, but they would have no peace, and they first had to be bound in the valley of earth till seventy generations had passed, (Jesus is seventy generations from Enoch, See Luke 3; 23-38.) While Azazel was punished separate from the rest, he was taken out to a place in the wilderness called "Dudael" where he was cast into a pit and covered with rough and jagged stones, and all sin was to be ascribed to him.

As there is no known source for the story of Azazel other than the Book of Enoch the Prophet, I think that we can safely assume that the learned Egyptians who taught Moses the son of Pharaoh, had access to the writings of Enoch.

And your point is ??????
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 6:22:12 PM
Skyangel wrote......... And your point is ??????

Gentorev responds............My point is to reveal the truth as recorded in the holy scriptures, not that I really expect too many to read the following.

There is only one man who is recorded in the holy scriptures, who was carried to God, where he was anointed by the Godhead of the Most High in the creation, He was the evolving spirit in the body of pre-flood mankind, and the cornerstone to who all the post-flood spirits of Noah"s descendants are gathered, in the creation of the great heavenly simulacrum=blue-print, that is the "Son of Man" who is the only begotten Son of God and the sacrificial offering for the sinful body of mankind in which he develops. The Son of Man, who dies in the process of involution, to be the saviour of we in evolution.

Genesis 5: 23; Enoch was 365 (In days---A calendar year the one year old sacrificial Lamb of God.) and had spent his life in fellowship with God when he disappeared because God had Taken him.

Hebrews 11: 5; "By faith Enoch was translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

The only man to have ascended to the ends of all time and was translated so as to never see death, and this man, plays absolutely no part in the belief of the universal church of Constantine: "The Stone that the builder's rejected, has turned out to be the most important stone of all."

"WHO I AM" the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, (The Lesser Jahweh) says in Deuteronomy 18: 18; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people. I will tell him what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command. He will speak in my name and I will punish anyone who refuses to obey him, etc."

On the day of his triumphant entry into Jerusalem, the people escorting Jesus cried out, "BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD" Verifying that they believed Jesus to be the one that God had prophesied through Moses, that he would choose from among the Israelites, and send to the people to speak in his name.

John 3: 13; Jesus, who says that he spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded by our indwelling Father, was the man chosen from among the Israelites, who was filled with the spirit=mind of the "Son of MAN" our Lord God and saviour, who is held accountable for the sins of the body in which he develops, when speaking with Nicodemus before he himself had ascended to heaven to sit in our Father"s throne of Godhead, says: "And no man has ascended to heaven except, (Except who?) except He who came down, even "The Son of Man" who "IS" in heaven.

Anyone who understands the Holy Scriptures, which certainly rules out all the godless atheists who haunt the religious forum, plus all the devotees of the universal church of Emperor Constantine, who is referred to as the Great prostitute who sits on the seven mountains (The seven hills of Rome) and all her harlot denominational daughter bodies, which were spawned from her false teachings of virgin birth and trinity etc, etc, etc, before breaking away from their mother body to gather families of their own, realizes that Jesus reflected the image of our living ancestral spirit "ENOCH", as he had evolved into by the historical times in which the man Jesus lived.

The great and glorious one who, clothed and girded in fire was anointed to serve God before the body of Adam=Mankind into all eternity, the heavenly Simulacrum=blueprint, of the new species that comes from mankind (THE SON OF MAN) which, "Brilliant Simulacrum" is the sin offering that God has prepared for us.

From "The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord"s face.

And the Most High in the creation, (who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel, which could save but one man,) said to his servants tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures (Not humans) bowed down to the Lord of creatures, and said: "Let Enoch go according to Thy word."

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory."

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun"s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

There you have the anointed one, who filled the man Jesus, with his spirit-mind that descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say, "You are my beloved in whom I am pleased, "This Day" I have begotten thee," who spoke not one word on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by our indwelling evolving ancestral Father spirit, Enoch the chosen successor to the throne of the MOST HIGH in the creation.

According to one school of thought Enoch was taken by God and transformed into Metatron, explaining the mysterious passage "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him away (Genesis 5:24 NIV).

There may be two Metatrons, one spelled with six letters, and one spelled with seven. The former may be the transformed Enoch, while the latter is the Primordial Metatron.

The Zohar calls Metatron "the Youth", and identifies him as the angel that led the people of Israel through the wilderness after their exodus from Egypt, and describes him as a heavenly priest.

Metatron is also mentioned in the Pseudepigrapha, most prominently in the Hebrew Book of Enoch (also called Third Enoch), in which his grand title, "the lesser YHVH" resurfaces. According to Johann Eisenmenger, Metatron transmits the daily orders of God to the angels Gabriel and Sammael. Metatron is often identified as being the twin brother to Sandalphon, who is said to have been the prophet Elijah.

Enoch was carried to the throne of the Most High in the creation and anointed as his successor: and although Elijah was taken up to Enoch before the death of his earthly body, nowhere is it written that he was anointed.

To be continued.
YamaVonKarma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 6:31:20 PM

From what I've seen and read (don't as me to cite the texts specifically, it's been a very long time), Azazel is not a demon. It's a person per say like Cain, cursed to wander the earth. But unlike Cain, Azazel acts as a harbinger of great destruction. In short, I believe Azazel to be a failed but more dangerous version of the Antichrist.

Alternatively, it could also be a temple of great evil. Possibly, an evil predating Christianity's Satan and God. And evil powerful enough for them both to fear and curse.
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 6:31:55 PM
Continued from post #13:......... Jesus was raised from the dead on the first day of the week after Passover which is the Feast of "First fruits." Jesus is the "First Fruits" to be harvested from the body of man, the first of many brothers and sisters who are to be conformed to the image of God"s only begotten son, the first to win the victory and to receive a share of the glorious immortal body of light, which is that of our heavenly saviour, which body of light is torn asunder and poured out as fire on the heads of all those who believed his words as spoken through his servant "Jesus" for our salvation.

In his new glorious body of brilliant and blinding light, He, on the road to Damascus, answered Saul's question, "Who are you Lord?" with these words, "I am Jesus of Nazareth whom you persecute,"

And Jesus our brother, was given divine glory and now sits in the throne of our Father, and all the chosen ones who have born the image of the first Adam, shall also bear the IMAGE of Jesus, "The Second Adam," (in the eternal process of change/evolution, for mankind does not close the chapter in the book of evolution) a new creation of bodies of Glorious and blinding Light that is the new Temple of our Lord that is to replace God"s old tabernacle (Mankind) as the ruler on this earth of all creation.

First, "MAN" (man: 'enosh') in English, mortal human beings) was created a little lower than the angels, then he is crowned with glory and all creation is placed beneath his feet. All creation is placed beneath the feet of MAN (man: 'enosh) in English, mortal human beings) WHO IS CROWNED WITH GLORY, we have not yet seen this happen. But we have seen Jesus, the first born from the dead, who has won the victory and was given divine glory by our heavenly Father and saviour, and now sits in His heavenly throne of Godhead: and who, in Revelation 3: 21; invites those, who win the victory also, to sit with him in our Father"s throne of Godhead within the creation. And all creation Visible and invisible, which, according to Paul, includes even the angels, will bow at their feet.

From the Book of Enoch the prophet 108: 11-13; "And now I will summons the spirits of the good who belong to the generation of light, and I will transform those who were born in darkness, who, in the flesh were not recompensed with such honour as their faithfulness deserved. And I will bring forth in shining light those who have loved My holy name (Who I Am,) and I will seat each one on the throne of his honour. And they shall be resplendent for times without number."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 9:42:48 PM
At 12/25/2014 6:31:20 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

From what I've seen and read (don't as me to cite the texts specifically, it's been a very long time), Azazel is not a demon. It's a person per say like Cain, cursed to wander the earth. But unlike Cain, Azazel acts as a harbinger of great destruction. In short, I believe Azazel to be a failed but more dangerous version of the Antichrist.

Alternatively, it could also be a temple of great evil. Possibly, an evil predating Christianity's Satan and God. And evil powerful enough for them both to fear and curse.

Go back and read post #11, where it is revealed just who Azazel is.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 10:24:05 PM
At 12/25/2014 9:55:54 PM, uncung wrote:
in Islamic terminology it was the original name of devil/iblees.

The books of Enoch the righteous were being taught by the ancient Egyptians, long before there was any Islamic religion.

[Chapter 9]
1 And then Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel looked down from heaven and saw much blood being 2 shed upon the earth, and all lawlessness being wrought upon the earth. And they said one to another: 'The earth made without inhabitant cries the voice of their cryingst up to the gates of heaven. 3 And now to you, the holy ones of heaven, the souls of men make their suit, saying, "Bring our cause 4 before the Most High."' And they said to the Lord of the ages: 'Lord of lords, God of gods, King of kings, and God of the ages, the throne of Thy glory (standeth) unto all the generations of the 5 ages, and Thy name holy and glorious and blessed unto all the ages! Thou hast made all things, and power over all things hast Thou: and all things are naked and open in Thy sight, and Thou seest all 6 things, and nothing can hide itself from Thee. Thou seest what Azazel hath done, who hath taught all unrighteousness on earth and revealed the eternal secrets which were (preserved) in heaven, which 7 men were striving to learn: And Semjaza, to whom Thou hast given authority to bear rule over his associates. And they have gone to the daughters of men upon the earth, and have slept with the 9 women, and have defiled themselves, and revealed to them all kinds of sins. And the women have 10 borne giants, and the whole earth has thereby been filled with blood and unrighteousness. And now, behold, the souls of those who have died are crying and making their suit to the gates of heaven, and their lamentations have ascended: and cannot cease because of the lawless deeds which are 11 wrought on the earth. And Thou knowest all things before they come to pass, and Thou seest these things and Thou dost suffer them, and Thou dost not say to us what we are to do to them in regard to these.'

[Chapter 10]
1 Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, 2 and said to him: 'Go to Noah and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come 3 upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it. And now instruct him that he may escape 4 and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.' And again the Lord said to Raphael: 'Bind Azazel hand and foot, and cast him into the darkness: and make an opening 5 in the desert, which is in Dudael, and cast him therein. And place upon him rough and jagged rocks, and cover him with darkness, and let him abide there for ever, and cover his face that he may 6,7 not see light. And on the day of the great judgement he shall be cast into the fire. And heal the earth which the angels have corrupted, and proclaim the healing of the earth, that they may heal the plague, and that all the children of men may not perish through all the secret things that the 8 Watchers have disclosed and have taught their sons. And the whole earth has been corrupted 9 through the works that were taught by Azazel: to him ascribe all sin.' And to Gabriel said the Lord: 'Proceed against the bastards and the reprobates, and against the children of fornication: and destroy [the children of fornication and] the children of the Watchers from amongst men [and cause them to go forth]: send them one against the other that they may destroy each other in 10 battle: for length of days shall they not have. And no request that they (i.e. their fathers) make of thee shall be granted unto their fathers on their behalf; for they hope to live an eternal life, and 11 that each one of them will live five hundred years.' And the Lord said unto Michael: 'Go, bind Semjaza and his associates who have united themselves with women so as to have defiled themselves 12 with them in all their uncleanness. And when their sons have slain one another, and they have seen the destruction of their beloved ones, bind them fast for seventy generations in the valleys of the earth, till the day of their judgement and of their consummation, till the judgement that is 13 for ever and ever is consummated. In those days they shall be led off to the abyss of fire: and 14 to the torment and the prison in which they shall be confined for ever. And whosoever shall be condemned and destroyed will from thenceforth be bound together with them to the end of all 15 generations. And destroy all the spirits of the reprobate and the children of the Watchers, because 16 they have wronged mankind. Destroy all wrong from the face of the earth and let every evil work come to an end: and let the plant of righteousness and truth appear: and it shall prove a blessing; the works of righteousness and truth' shall be planted in truth and joy for evermore.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 12:08:23 AM
The books of Enoch the righteous were being taught by the ancient Egyptians, long before there was any Islamic religion.
In this case Islam confirms the original name of Devil.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 12:45:20 AM
At 12/26/2014 12:08:23 AM, uncung wrote:
In this case Islam confirms the original name of Devil.

WRONG!

According to the Hebrew faith, it was after Adam had been driven out of paradise and returned to the lower place just after the great event in which the life on earth had been annihilated, from which he had been formed, he cried out to the devil who was tormenting his wife "Eve," "Why do you torment us so?" And with a heavy sigh, the devil spake: "O Adam! All my hostility, envy, and sorrow is for thee, since it is for thee that I have been expelled from my glory, which I possessed in the heavens in the midsts of the angels and for thee was I cast down to the earth."

Adam answered, "What dost thou tell me? What have I done to thee, or what is my fault against thee? Seeing that thou hast received no harm or injury from us, why dost thou pursue us? The Devil replied, "Adam, what dost thou tell me? It is for thy sake that I have been hurled from that place. When thou wast formed, I was hurled out of the presence of God and banished from the company of the angels. When God blew into thee the breath of life, and thy face and thy likeness were made in the image of God, Michael also brought thee and made us worship thee in the sight of God; and God the Lord (Jahel or Lord to the glory of El the creator) spake: Here is Adam. I have made thee in our image and likeness." And Michael went out and called all the angels saying: "Worship the image of God as the (Lord Jah) (God El) hath commanded." And Michael himself worshipped first; then he called me and said, "Worship the image of God the Lord." And I answered, "I have no need to worship Adam." And since Michael kept urging me to worship, I said to him, "Why dost thou urge me?" I will not worship an inferior being than me. I am his senior in the creation; before he was made I was already made. It is Adam"s duty to worship me."

When the angels who were under me, heard this, they also refused to worship Adam, And Michael saith, "Worship the image of God, (The Most High and Lord of Creatures) but if thou wilt not worship him, the Lord God will be wrath with thee." But the devil said, "If he be wrath with me, I will set my seat above the stars of heaven and will be like the highest himself." And God the Lord was wrath with me and banished me and my angels from our glory; and on thy account, were we expelled from our abodes into this world and were hurled on the earth. And straight way we were overcome with grief, since we had been spoiled of so great glory. And we were grieved when we saw thee in such Joy and luxury (In the Garden of Eden). And with guile I (The Spiritual godhead of the upright walking serpent, who was te most high in the creation before mankind and who ruled the earth for some 3 million years) cheated thy wife Eve and caused thee to be expelled through her doing from thy joy and luxury, as I have been driven out of my glory, etc.

It is also written somewhere else in the Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, that after Satan had been hurled down to the earth of the sixth cycle of universal activity and while Adam was still in Paradise, the ruling spirit in the enclosure that was Eve whose pregnant body today has become the entire body of mankind, then understood that God was about to bring in a new creation and he thought to bring Adam down, and in such form (THOUGHT) he was able to deceive Eve, but he was unable to touch Adam.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 3:49:15 AM
At 12/26/2014 2:13:58 AM, uncung wrote:
WRONG!
and what has your last quote to do with Azazel?

Nothing whatsoever bugga-lugs, it has everything to do with your ridiculous statement, that Islam confirms the original name of Devil.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 4:53:43 PM
At 12/25/2014 6:31:20 PM, YamaVonKarma wrote:

And that has nothing to do with the Holy scriptures and everything to do with your own unsupported personal opinion.

Azazel was taken out into the wilderness to a place called "Dudael" where he was cast into a deep pit and covered with rough and jagged stones and all sin was to be ascribed to him.