Total Posts:106|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Theists are WRONG to condemn gay people!

jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:06:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The subject of homosexuality and gay marriage obviously needs it's own thread here. Some of the theists are very verbal about their distaste for homosexuality to the point of vulgarity and hate filled comments.

There is nothing wrong with being gay! There is nothing wrong with wanting to marry and to spend your life with the person you love no matter what sex either of you are.

Who wants to challenge that?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:15:12 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:06:26 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
The subject of homosexuality and gay marriage obviously needs it's own thread here. Some of the theists are very verbal about their distaste for homosexuality to the point of vulgarity and hate filled comments.

There is nothing wrong with being gay! There is nothing wrong with wanting to marry and to spend your life with the person you love no matter what sex either of you are.

Not me mate. And I'm happy to see that you stipulated that "SOME" of the theists are very verbal about their distaste for homosexuality. Please do not count me among their number.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:21:31 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:15:12 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Not me mate. And I'm happy to see that you stipulated that "SOME" of the theists are very verbal about their distaste for homosexuality. Please do not count me among their number.

That's good. It's contrary to scripture but it's good. Scripture teaches bigotry of many different flavors.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:25:46 PM

Whoever does challenge that is part of a minority of intolerant religious kooks, a group growing smaller all the time as their irrational beliefs become more irrelevant every day.

Not to worry, The dogs bark, but the caravan passes. :)
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:30:52 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:21:31 PM, Beastt wrote:

That's good. It's contrary to scripture but it's good. Scripture teaches bigotry of many different flavors.

You, who are ignorant to the truth as revealed in scripture, might think that way, but you are incorrect.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:34:52 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:25:46 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Whoever does challenge that is part of a minority of intolerant religious kooks, a group growing smaller all the time as their irrational beliefs become more irrelevant every day.

Not to worry, The dogs bark, but the caravan passes. :)

Recently the dogs have been biting as well as barking. Ignorant bigoted theists have been flexing their majority muscle to bring about multiple forms of illegal legislation and to pressure politicians to violate their oaths. We all know (I would hope), that the only oath most politicians actually exercise is to please those most likely to keep them in office. It's why we're in Iraq. It's why we're in Afghanistan". It's why it's illegal for gays to marry. It's why schools are having to fight to retain science textbooks rather than having to teach lame theology in schools. It's why you can't show a movie in the form intended by the writers and directors, and it's why you can be arrested (yes ARRESTED), for an offensive gesture.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:38:36 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:30:52 PM, Gentorev wrote:

You, who are ignorant to the truth as revealed in scripture, might think that way, but you are incorrect.

I'm simply wise to the untruth in scripture, as well as the laughable means by which it became "scripture". It's demonstrably false on dozens of counts. It has less believability than "Jack and the Bean Stalk", and I think it rather pathetic that any mature adult can't see that. Zombies, sea monsters, dragons, witches, giants, wizards, demons... it's the worst of fairytale fiction all rolled into one fallacious book.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:43:29 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:38:36 PM, Beastt wrote:

I'm simply wise to the untruth in scripture, as well as the laughable means by which it became "scripture". It's demonstrably false on dozens of counts. It has less believability than "Jack and the Bean Stalk", and I think it rather pathetic that any mature adult can't see that. Zombies, sea monsters, dragons, witches, giants, wizards, demons... it's the worst of fairytale fiction all rolled into one fallacious book.

Well mate, you have a multitude of godless associates who will agree with you, just don't count me among that number of ignorant atheists either.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:43:53 PM

I wont. I believe you.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:45:21 PM

I'm a theist and I don't condemn homosexuals.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:48:19 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:43:53 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

I wont. I believe you.

Ahhh, but I think you do jodybirdy.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:53:15 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:43:29 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Well mate, you have a multitude of godless associates who will agree with you, just don't count me among that number of [snip] atheists either.

Fix'd
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:58:03 PM

Well mate, you have a multitude of godless associates who will agree with you, just don't count me among that number of ignorant atheists either.

So, instead of calling us "godless atheists", which was redundant, you've decided to all us "ignorant atheists"? Well, if you think we're so ignorant, perhaps you'd like to explain to me how Earth could exist before stars when Earth is composed of elements which were fused in stars. Do you even know what that means? Explain to me how plants could survive for a day in temperatures of less than 400-degrees below zero... temperatures, in fact, which are only a few degrees above absolute zero. Do you even know what "absolute zero" means? If you can rationally and logically explain those things, then you'll have earned the right to suggest that at least some of scripture might hold some truth. But when you fail, you'll have demonstrated that an "ignorant atheist" just put you in your place.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 10:58:33 PM

...godless associates ...

We are all the same, we are all godless. No gods have shown themselves to defend you or anyone else. You stand alone, just like the rest of us, with nothing but your wits and your charm to get you through.

Se la vie, mon ami. :)
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:00:51 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:58:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

...godless associates ...

We are all the same, we are all godless. No gods have shown themselves to defend you or anyone else. You stand alone, just like the rest of us, with nothing but your wits and your charm to get you through.

Se la vie, mon ami. :)

No.

We all stand together.

https://www.youtube.com...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:07:35 PM
At 12/17/2014 10:58:03 PM, Beastt wrote:

So, instead of calling us "godless atheists", which was redundant, you've decided to all us "ignorant atheists"? Well, if you think we're so ignorant, perhaps you'd like to explain to me how Earth could exist before stars when Earth is composed of elements which were fused in stars. Do you even know what that means? Explain to me how plants could survive for a day in temperatures of less than 400-degrees below zero... temperatures, in fact, which are only a few degrees above absolute zero. Do you even know what "absolute zero" means? If you can rationally and logically explain those things, then you'll have earned the right to suggest that at least some of scripture might hold some truth. But when you fail, you'll have demonstrated that an "ignorant atheist" just put you in your place.

Bestt wrote............Explain to me how plants could survive for a day in temperatures of less than 400-degrees below zero... temperatures, in fact, which are only a few degrees above absolute zero.

Gentorev responds..............And when did plants have to survive for a day in temperatures of 400% below zero. Have you any idea whatsoever of how our solar system was created?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:15:19 PM

Humans tend to condemn other humans for all kinds of things. If person "A" believes "X" is a wrong or unlawful act then person "A" will always condemn anyone who does "X" because to person "A" judges them as being a law breaker or a moral code breaker or a sinner of some kind who is not obeying the law or human moral code.
It makes no difference what "X" might be.

Humans make themselves judges other humans.
Just as you are condemning theists for condemning other people.

Is it right or wrong for you " person A" to condemn "person B" for condemning "person C" ?

There is a little parable in the bible story which says pull the beam out of your own eyes before you try to pull a splinter out of someone elses eyes.

All humans condemn each other for something. I don't condemn you for condemning anyone else. I am just saying it is human nature to do so. All of us are guilty of it.

It is natural to speak up about something you perceive as being wrong if you want to do something about correcting other peoples behavior but it seems futile to condemn the people who condemn others since by doing so we prove we are no better than they are.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:17:35 PM
At 12/17/2014 11:07:35 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Bestt wrote............Explain to me how plants could survive for a day in temperatures of less than 400-degrees below zero... temperatures, in fact, which are only a few degrees above absolute zero.

Gentorev responds..............And when did plants have to survive for a day in temperatures of 400% below zero.
Degrees, not percent. Why do you even have to ask? I thought you're read the Bible. How can you sit here defending scripture when you don't know what it says? Turn to Genesis 1. When did plants appear on Earth? When did God create the sun? Do you know what the mean temperature of space is? It's currently -454 degrees below zero. Without the sun, Earth would be only slightly warmer than that. Why do you think we don't plant grasses, herbs and fruit trees in the middle of the Arctic?

Have you any idea whatsoever of how our solar system was created?
Yes, I have a very good idea. But the Bible doesn't. The Bible claims Earth was created first, and the sun, moon, and stars on the 4th day.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:32:28 PM
At 12/17/2014 11:15:19 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Humans tend to condemn other humans for all kinds of things. If person "A" believes "X" is a wrong or unlawful act then person "A" will always condemn anyone who does "X" because to person "A" judges them as being a law breaker or a moral code breaker or a sinner of some kind who is not obeying the law or human moral code.

Is it right or wrong for you " person A" to condemn "person B" for condemning "person C" ?

There is a little parable in the bible story which says pull the beam out of your own eyes before you try to pull a splinter out of someone elses eyes.

All humans condemn each other for something. I don't condemn you for condemning anyone else. I am just saying it is human nature to do so. All of us are guilty of it.

It is natural to speak up about something you perceive as being wrong if you want to do something about correcting other peoples behavior but it seems futile to condemn the people who condemn others since by doing so we prove we are no better than they are.

Lol! Well it's established that I'm judgmental because I take offense to people who want to deny the rights of others. People who say horrible things in a public forum, without a care for who they might hurt with their insensitive words in the process. There is a level of decency that has nothing to do with whatever philosophical whitewash people want to place on morality. You can paint it any way you want, but there is something very wrong with people condemning others for loving someone.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:36:46 PM
At 12/17/2014 11:17:35 PM, Beastt wrote:

Gentorev responds..............And when did plants have to survive for a day in temperatures of 400% below zero.
Degrees, not percent. Why do you even have to ask? I thought you're read the Bible. How can you sit here defending scripture when you don't know what it says? Turn to Genesis 1. When did plants appear on Earth? When did God create the sun? Do you know what the mean temperature of space is? It's currently -454 degrees below zero. Without the sun, Earth would be only slightly warmer than that. Why do you think we don't plant grasses, herbs and fruit trees in the middle of the Arctic?

Yes, I have a very good idea. But the Bible doesn't. The Bible claims Earth was created first, and the sun, moon, and stars on the 4th day.

And the bible is correct. On the 4th creative day, when our little solar system was being formed, the earth and the planets of our system were created before the proto-sun.

Its not a sun yet matey, still a Proto-Sun and when the proto-sun finally reached about 10 million Kelvin and after the planets of the solar system had been created, the hydrogen nuclei started fusing together to produce helium nuclei and a lot of energy. It was then that the Sun "turned on" and produced the strong winds called T-Tauri winds named after the prototype star in the constellation Taurus.

These winds swept out the rest of the nebula that was not already incorporated into the planets. With most of the cocoon gas blown away, the new star itself becomes visible to the outside for the first time. This whole process of the creation of our solar system took just a few hundred million years and was finished by about 4.6 billion years ago.

But we are dragging the thread off topic. And as I am glad to teach you the truths as revealed in the scriptures, I will also be more than happy to reveal to you, just how the universe was created according to the scriptures. But you will have to start a new "TOPIC" if you wish to learn the truth.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:51:05 PM
At 12/17/2014 11:36:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:

And the bible is correct. On the 4th creative day, when our little solar system was being formed, the earth and the planets of our system were created before the proto-sun.
Obviously, you have no clue how solar systems form. They form out of an accretion disk and the center (the star), forms most quickly. The planets form all at roughly the same time. Genesis 1 doesn't even know there are other planets in the solar system. And Genesis claims that the stars and sun were formed on the 4th day, while Earth existed on the 1st day. And yet we know today that Earth is composed of 92 naturally occurring elements, 89 of which were fused in stars. Thusly, stars HAD TO EXIST before the Earth. The Bible is wrong.

Its not a sun yet matey, still a Proto-Sun and when the proto-sun finally reached about 10 million Kelvin and after the planets of the solar system had been created, the hydrogen nuclei started fusing together to produce helium nuclei and a lot of energy.
Firstly, the bible doesn't say anything about a "proto-sun" or anything similar to a proto-sun. Secondly, stars fuse hydrogen atoms, into helium atoms, not just hydrogen nuclei (bosons), into helium nuclei. Do you know the difference between an atom and an atomic nucleus?

It was then that the Sun "turned on" and produced the strong winds called T-Tauri winds named after the prototype star in the constellation Taurus.
None of which is mentioned anywhere in Genesis. And stars don't "turn on". They reach a point of mass and density which allows the atomic nuclei to be pressed so tightly together, that between Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, and quantum tunneling, the nuclei fuse into helium. The resulting helium atom weighs about 0.3% less than the two initial hydrogen atoms. That 0.3% is converted directly into energy in the form of heat and light, which is why we receive radiant heat and light from the sun. Other elements (up to atomic number 26) are fused in the core of the star. But once the star begins fusing atoms with 26 protons (iron) in the nucleus, it spells the impending death of the star. The eventuality is impending and the star will soon (relatively) run out of hydrogen and the outward force of fusion will taper off, allowing the inward force of gravity to cause the star to collapse. At the end of that collapse, the mass of the star rebounds in an explosion known as a super-nova, which provides the energy to fuse the elements from 27 to 92. And since Earth contains those elements, it had to have formed AFTER stars, not before them.

These winds swept out the rest of the nebula that was not already incorporated into the planets. With most of the cocoon gas blown away, the new star itself becomes visible to the outside for the first time. This whole process of the creation of our solar system took just a few hundred million years and was finished by about 4.6 billion years ago.

But we are dragging the thread off topic. And as I am glad to teach you the truths as revealed in the scriptures, I will also be more than happy to reveal to you, just how the universe was created according to the scriptures. But you will have to start a new "TOPIC" if you wish to learn the truth.
I already know the truth and it's totally opposed to the claims of the Bible. You're in no position to try to teach anyone anything until you first know what you're talking about. The Bible's order of creation is absurd, ridiculous and demonstrably false on many counts.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2014 11:58:07 PM
At 12/17/2014 11:51:05 PM, Beastt wrote:

Obviously, you have no clue how solar systems form. They form out of an accretion disk and the center (the star), forms most quickly. The planets form all at roughly the same time. Genesis 1 doesn't even know there are other planets in the solar system. And Genesis claims that the stars and sun were formed on the 4th day, while Earth existed on the 1st day. And yet we know today that Earth is composed of 92 naturally occurring elements, 89 of which were fused in stars. Thusly, stars HAD TO EXIST before the Earth. The Bible is wrong.

Its not a sun yet matey, still a Proto-Sun and when the proto-sun finally reached about 10 million Kelvin and after the planets of the solar system had been created, the hydrogen nuclei started fusing together to produce helium nuclei and a lot of energy.
Firstly, the bible doesn't say anything about a "proto-sun" or anything similar to a proto-sun. Secondly, stars fuse hydrogen atoms, into helium atoms, not just hydrogen nuclei (bosons), into helium nuclei. Do you know the difference between an atom and an atomic nucleus?

It was then that the Sun "turned on" and produced the strong winds called T-Tauri winds named after the prototype star in the constellation Taurus.
None of which is mentioned anywhere in Genesis. And stars don't "turn on". They reach a point of mass and density which allows the atomic nuclei to be pressed so tightly together, that between Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, and quantum tunneling, the nuclei fuse into helium. The resulting helium atom weighs about 0.3% less than the two initial hydrogen atoms. That 0.3% is converted directly into energy in the form of heat and light, which is why we receive radiant heat and light from the sun. Other elements (up to atomic number 26) are fused in the core of the star. But once the star begins fusing atoms with 26 protons (iron) in the nucleus, it spells the impending death of the star. The eventuality is impending and the star will soon (relatively) run out of hydrogen and the outward force of fusion will taper off, allowing the inward force of gravity to cause the star to collapse. At the end of that collapse, the mass of the star rebounds in an explosion known as a super-nova, which provides the energy to fuse the elements from 27 to 92. And since Earth contains those elements, it had to have formed AFTER stars, not before them.

I already know the truth and it's totally opposed to the claims of the Bible. You're in no position to try to teach anyone anything until you first know what you're talking about. The Bible's order of creation is absurd, ridiculous and demonstrably false on many counts.

I am more than happy to respond to your erroneous views of creation according to the word of God, but not on this thread young fellow. Like I said start yourself a new topic and stop trying to derail jodybirdy's thread.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 12:14:11 AM
At 12/17/2014 11:32:28 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Lol! Well it's established that I'm judgmental because I take offense to people who want to deny the rights of others. People who say horrible things in a public forum, without a care for who they might hurt with their insensitive words in the process. There is a level of decency that has nothing to do with whatever philosophical whitewash people want to place on morality. You can paint it any way you want, but there is something very wrong with people condemning others for loving someone.

There are sensitive and also insensitive people in this world. It takes all opposites to make the world go round. It would be a boring place if we all thought the same way and agreed on everything. Some people just get hurt far too easily. They need to toughen up.

Not everyone sees the gay act as an act of love. Many see it as an act of lust. Some see it as unnatural. That is their perception and they have a right to that perception.

Pedophiles love children. Do you condemn them for loving children Jody? If so, why?
Do you deny them their rights to be pedophiles?

People who condemn gays have as much right to condemn them as you have to condemn other people for what you think they are doing wrong.

We all have the freedom to accuse and condemn who we wish to condemn and they have the same freedom to condemn us.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 12:23:11 AM
At 12/17/2014 11:58:07 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 12/17/2014 11:51:05 PM, Beastt wrote:

I am more than happy to respond to your erroneous views of creation according to the word of God, but not on this thread young fellow. Like I said start yourself a new topic and stop trying to dera

If Jodybirdy had any problem with anything I wrote in her thread, I'd be the first to know. None-the-less...
http://www.debate.org...
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 12:23:39 AM
At 12/18/2014 12:14:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:

There are sensitive and also insensitive people in this world. It takes all opposites to make the world go round. It would be a boring place if we all thought the same way and agreed on everything. Some people just get hurt far too easily. They need to toughen up.

Not everyone sees the gay act as an act of love. Many see it as an act of lust. Some see it as unnatural. That is their perception and they have a right to that perception.

Pedophiles love children. Do you condemn them for loving children Jody? If so, why?

Two adults having consensual sex, is a heck of a lot different than a man or woman having sex with a child. Sex must be consensual to qualify for something outside of rape. Don't even go there.

No whitewashing to use philosophical ideas in the attempt to compare apples to oranges. It's a flawed argument.

People who condemn gays have as much right to condemn them as you have to condemn other people for what you think they are doing wrong.

We all have the freedom to accuse and condemn who we wish to condemn and they have the same freedom to condemn us.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 4:07:01 AM
At 12/18/2014 12:23:39 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/18/2014 12:14:11 AM, Skyangel wrote:

Two adults having consensual sex, is a heck of a lot different than a man or woman having sex with a child. Sex must be consensual to qualify for something outside of rape. Don't even go there.

The fact is that some cultures still allow men to marry minors and the minors have to consent whether they want to or not.
They are taught to obey the adults without question.
Where are the childrens rights to object or refuse?

No whitewashing to use philosophical ideas in the attempt to compare apples to oranges. It's a flawed argument.

Only to you because you can't defend the rights of pedophiles to love who they want to love and you also believe there is something very wrong with people condemning others for loving someone. Yet you obviously condemn pedophiles for who they love. That creates an inner conflict in you which causes you to defend yourself. If a child consented to have sex with an adult would that make the relationship good and acceptable to you or do you think children ought not be allowed to make decisions like that till they are at the age you decide they are allowed to make those decisions?

Where do you draw the line between consenting to do something because you want to do it and consenting to do something because you have been seduced or bribed to do it?
Some people do things to gain a promised reward when they might not do the same things without a promised reward.

How many would worship an invisible God is there was no promise of a "reward" for it at the end of the day and no threat of hell for not doing it?

Unbelievers condemn and ridicule believers for loving God
Believers condemn and ridicule unbelievers for not loving God.

Are we all not free to love and not love who we want to love and not love without any threats or condemnation?

Condemnation does not just apply to homosexuals. Humans just condemn anything that goes against their grain.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:32:39 AM

jodybirdy in Islam its not wrong to be a gay BUT its wrong to act upon it like having sex with the same gender... we believe God gave everybody some qualities lusts desires, and we must to direct it. for example if i obssess with alchohol i must to do "jihad" which means literally "struggle" (not the jihad of the media wants to portray) so anyway doing jihad against my lusts to obey God's laws. or if its hard to wake up early in the morning to pray i must do jihad to struggle on my "nafs" - my self soul etc... so right or wrong comes from Gods law and not what people think it should be or not.

i dont have problem with athiest determining what is right or wrong through their understanding... but where are for example gay muslims wanting to change the law of the Quran and to marry, to modernize it. nobody forcing them to be a muslims they can apostate (atleast in major countries in the world) , but there are another problem some muslims persecuting them and they need to be condemn...
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:41:28 AM
At 12/18/2014 4:07:01 AM, Skyangel wrote:
The fact is that some cultures still allow men to marry minors and the minors have to consent whether they want to or not.

" UNICEF reports that the top five nations in the world with highest observed child marriage rates " Niger (75%), Chad (72%), Mali (71%), Bangladesh (64%), Guinea (63%) " are Islamic majority countries."

http://en.wikipedia.org...
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:52:57 AM
At 12/18/2014 7:41:28 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

" UNICEF reports that the top five nations in the world with highest observed child marriage rates " Niger (75%), Chad (72%), Mali (71%), Bangladesh (64%), Guinea (63%) " are Islamic majority countries."

and what the definition of child? maybe in england (just saying i dont know) in their law child is 18 or less... in Islam you can marry in 2 conditions:

1 the person must believe in God - jew muslim christian...
2 mature physically and mentally

i dont know whats going on in these countries but that is what Islam says. and these places are part of the must poorist countries of earth. Bangladesh?? r u joking me? one by one fail countries and swimming in poverty wars diseases, or no stabilized governments which plays big role.
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:06:09 AM
At 12/18/2014 7:52:57 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:41:28 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

and what the definition of child? maybe in england (just saying i dont know) in their law child is 18 or less... in Islam you can marry in 2 conditions:

1 the person must believe in God - jew muslim christian...
2 mature physically and mentally

i dont know whats going on in these countries but that is what Islam says. and these places are part of the must poorist countries of earth. Bangladesh?? r u joking me? one by one fail countries and swimming in poverty wars diseases, or no stabilized governments which plays big role.

It would appear Islam is seriously affecting those countries in negative ways.