The Bible's Hilarious Account of Creation

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 12:21:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
According to the Bible (Genesis One)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

This account of creation can't rationally be looked upon as anything more than comedy in light of what we know today. But just as Christians fought heliocentrism as "heresy" for some 200-years, and then started twisting the Bible to claim that it always presented the truth, they're doing the same thing today with Genesis - trying to make this fallacious and atrociously false account match scientific findings.

Firstly, science includes the Laws of Thermodynamics which tells us outright that matter/energy can be neither created nor destroyed.

Aside from that, we find Genesis telling us that ...

- Earth existed before stars
- Earth was covered in liquid water before it had an atmosphere
- That liquid water was flowing while Earth was in a cryogenic state
- and that plants were growing on Earth, without light, and in temperatures of less than 400-degrees below zero.

We know that all of these claims are false. Unfortunately, Christians continue to try to edit both the Bible, and science, in order to claim that the two are not in conflict. This is purely dishonest. If anyone is honestly seeking truth, it should be obvious to them in the first 17-verses, that the Bible is a comedic stab at a creation account, perpetrated by primitive men too ignorant to even get the order of processes correct.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 12:48:01 AM
At 12/18/2014 12:21:34 AM, Beastt wrote:

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

This account of creation can't rationally be looked upon as anything more than comedy in light of what we know today. But just as Christians fought heliocentrism as "heresy" for some 200-years, and then started twisting the Bible to claim that it always presented the truth, they're doing the same thing today with Genesis - trying to make this fallacious and atrociously false account match scientific findings.

Firstly, science includes the Laws of Thermodynamics which tells us outright that matter/energy can be neither created nor destroyed.

- and that plants were growing on Earth, without light, and in temperatures of less than 400-degrees below zero.

We know that all of these claims are false. Unfortunately, Christians continue to try to edit both the Bible, and science, in order to claim that the two are not in conflict. This is purely dishonest. If anyone is honestly seeking truth, it should be obvious to them in the first 17-verses, that the Bible is a comedic stab at a creation account, perpetrated by primitive men too ignorant to even get the order of processes correct.

I beat you mate, my topic came before your erroneous view of creation according to the bible. I'm afraid you will have to visit my thread as I am not going to repeat myself here.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 12:54:31 AM
At 12/18/2014 12:48:01 AM, Gentorev wrote:

I beat you mate, my topic came before your erroneous view of creation according to the bible. I'm afraid you will have to visit my thread as I am not going to repeat myself here.

Why would you do that? You told me that I should go create another thread, then you went off and did it yourself, and now you insist we use yours? No matter. I don't care where I show you what an idiotic account the Bible contains, here, your thread... where ever. It all comes out the same. I'll show you exactly what the Bible says and you'll have to run around trying to re-write what it says in order to even have the pretense of an argument.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 2:52:46 AM
So what happened next..?

I found that his thread - which he wrote in about the same time I wrote mine - has a 4-post O.P. which goes on, and on, and on, and isn't the account from the Bible at all. It's something he copied and pasted. And when I informed him that if he was going to claim to be able to support the Bible's account of creation, then I would insist that he actually use the Bible's account, he suddenly had company and had to go.

So after telling me to go start a new thread (this thread), he took off to create his own, so that he wouldn't have to try to support the outlandish fairytale in Genesis, and instead would be trying to support a highly dressed up, altered, edited and corrected account that he apparently wrote himself.

So was I right when I suggested that he was going to try to re-write the account rather than support it... or was I right?

http://www.debate.org...
IEnglishman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:31:37 AM
The Atheist's Hilarious Account of Creation

1. nothing came out of nothing because of nothing!
2. this is much more logical than positing God
3. because unlike nothing, God cannot be observed
4. this is true because Dawkins said it
Bulproof admits he's a troll http://www.debate.org... (see post 16). Do not feed.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:43:23 AM
At 12/18/2014 3:31:37 AM, IEnglishman wrote:

Wrong. I've never heard of any atheist, or any science, spewing such hogwash. But I do hear it from creationists on a regular basis

A "perfect" being who creates an entire universe, just to house one insignificant species, on one tiny planet, and screws up the entire job, top to bottom.

Except that no one has ever observed God, or even offered objective evidence that God exists - and this is most notable among the theists who claim they have evidence of God. (Notice how you didn't offer anything beyond hollow assertion?)

Listen closely. Dawkins is a biologist, not a cosmologist. He speaks on evolution and evolution does not include the origin of the universe... at all. Not a lick. So no, it has nothing to do with Dawkins.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:58:42 AM

Not quite. Stuff has been occuring. For a long time, it seems. We aren't entirely sure of what or why, but the answers can be found.

So... where did God come from? I literally see the same argument used for the universe's creation as used for God. At leasts the ultimate quest behind athiesm on the matter is 'Lets strive to find out'. The alternate motive is that we find out... when we die.

I can observe nothing in various forms of explanation. God requires a much more subjective interpretation on the matter.

... because the Bible tells me so?

Between the two methods of thought, theism and atheism, one seeks to obtain information, the other is satisfied on the matter by labeling it 'Magic'.

'Because God did it' doesn't progress humanity.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:20:26 AM
Unfortunately, Christians continue to try to edit both the Bible, and science, in order to claim that the two are not in conflict. This is purely dishonest.

Yes, then theists dishonestly start making up stuff about non-believers.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 9:50:46 AM

Man, get a clue. Read a bit and realize that your first statement is wrong. The rest, well, just as wrong.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:05:42 AM

Why do you feel the need to indirectly and/or directly mock theists, specifically Christians? Can't you just let them believe what they want? I don't even know you, but from most of your comments you really seem like a jerk to them.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:14:53 AM
At 12/18/2014 10:05:42 AM, PetersSmith wrote:

Why do you feel the need to indirectly and/or directly mock theists, specifically Christians? Can't you just let them believe what they want? I don't even know you, but from most of your comments you really seem like a jerk to them.

While I cannot answer for Beastt, the simple response is that people are still trying to get this ridiculous thing taught as fact in a lot of schools. As long as that is happening, I for one will continue to struggle against it and its proponents.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:16:40 AM

Why do you feel the need to indirectly and/or directly mock theists, specifically Christians? Can't you just let them believe what they want?

They are free to believe whatever myths and superstitions they want, no problem. However, they can't seem to keep it behind closed doors where it belongs and are compelled to tell us we are going to Hell if we don't believe as they do.

That's why they get mocked. If you can convince Christians to just shut up, they wouldn't get mocked.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:41:10 AM
God actually wrote the bible as a script for a Monty Python movie.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 11:32:06 AM

Why do you feel the need to indirectly and/or directly mock theists, specifically Christians? Can't you just let them believe what they want?
Are you suggesting that I have the power to control what other people believe?

I don't even know you, but from most of your comments you really seem like a jerk to them.
Well, this is all due to a member by the name of Gentorev. He boasted that he could support the Genesis account of creation but we were in another thread and he told me I should create another thread so that he could show me that the account was correct. This is the thread I started at his behest. But while I was starting this thread (as he directed), he was off starting his own thread on the same subject. And if you read this thread, you'll find where he insists that we use his thread, rather than the thread he told me to create.

His thread starts with a 4-page Opening Post which has little at all to do with the Genesis account.

But the point you might wish to consider is that the Genesis account alone is sufficient to completely discredit the Bible as being anything close to what Christians insist that it is. And as for letting others do as they please, do you know of any time in history when Christians have done that? You can't move, watch television, observe congress, or send your child to school without finding yourself required by the law to comply with some form of Christian standard - unlawfully legislated into a requirement. Do you think it's of no importance that at the same time they're erecting monuments to the 10 Commandments on public property, they're prohibiting those of other beliefs from erecting monuments to their values and ideals on public property? Are you okay with the fact that the Christians of the U.S. believe the rest of us should be required to have their approval before we can marry whom we please?

Should we just left cannibals to believe as they wish? Was it wrong to teach vulcanology to volcano worshipers? Do you think the U.S. would have destroyed its economy on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars - illegal wars - if not for the approval of the Christian majority attempting to promote a president who claimed to "listen to God"? Do you think Christians are harmless? They've never been less than bigots creating new and continual forms of persecution, and driving everyone to believe the same silly fairytales they believe. And there is nothing wrong with showing them that their superstitions are ridiculous and harmful.
IEnglishman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:37:49 PM
At 12/18/2014 3:58:42 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Not quite. Stuff has been occuring. For a long time, it seems. We aren't entirely sure of what or why, but the answers can be found.

So... where did God come from? I literally see the same argument used for the universe's creation as used for God. At leasts the ultimate quest behind athiesm on the matter is 'Lets strive to find out'. The alternate motive is that we find out... when we die.

I can observe nothing in various forms of explanation. God requires a much more subjective interpretation on the matter.

Between the two methods of thought, theism and atheism, one seeks to obtain information, the other is satisfied on the matter by labeling it 'Magic'.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum and I wish you would go away.
You're a putrescence mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating fool, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.
I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?
If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.
You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.
And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.
On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.
The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective...maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.
P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-retarded, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.
Bulproof admits he's a troll http://www.debate.org... (see post 16). Do not feed.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:44:06 PM
At 12/18/2014 10:37:49 PM, IEnglishman wrote:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. Don't you know that you are pathetic? You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you. You are a bloody nardless newbie twit protohominid chromosomally aberrant caricature of a coprophagic cloacal parasitic pond scum and I wish you would go away.
You're a putrescence mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating fool, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.
I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformation. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?
If you aren't an idiot, you made a world-class effort at simulating one. Try to edit your writing of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.
You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.
And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.
On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.
The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective...maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.
P.S.: You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly, deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent, opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted, racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic, insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine, conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic, spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb, evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative, paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic, diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive, dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim, unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive, mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive, socially-retarded, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.

I noticed you didn't say 'incorrect in your observation', though. Might have saved face, and character count if you did. ;)
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:47:12 PM

TADAAAAAAAA
Christianity.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:53:47 PM
At 12/18/2014 10:47:12 PM, bulproof wrote:

TADAAAAAAAA
Christianity.

Noo.... frustration. Anger/indignation is a perfectly normal reaction to a view being challenged. I am sure IEnglishman will compose himself and have a better rejoinder.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:58:29 PM

Wow... this is an enormous amount of anger and hate. Very impressive. And very interesting. And extremely terrifying. Please don't take offense, but what made you so angry?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 11:05:53 PM
At 12/18/2014 10:16:40 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

They are free to believe whatever myths and superstitions they want, no problem. However, they can't seem to keep it behind closed doors where it belongs and are compelled to tell us we are going to Hell if we don't believe as they do.

That's why they get mocked. If you can convince Christians to just shut up, they wouldn't get mocked.

The majority of threads in this religious section on DDO are supportive of mocking a religion (particularly Christianity). I honestly see more bashing of religions than I do anything else.

If you're talking about outside of this forum, then why do people mock Christianity here? That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, mocking solves nothing, and it should be painfully obvious that it solves nothing. Example:

Some Christian tells you that you're going to hell. You mock or bash his religion in response. That gets him angry and causes conflict between the two of you, leading to greater hatred and animosity.

Responding to hatred with compassion or understanding is the most effective way of eliminating hatred, animosity, and ignorance.
anchoredsoul101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 11:16:25 PM

I do not feel that debating should simply be bashing each other's "intelligence." Instead, I simply want to state some rational observations. Rationally speaking, science and the existence of God CAN and DO coincide. We as passionate, ignorant beings- whether we are all for extreme science or extreme Christianity- are the ones who often overlook some simple basics.

First, the Bible says that God is the Alpha and Omega- the beginning and the end. We are used to a world where there is time- a beginning and an end to everything. Our own life cycles are like that. Based on these conceptions, we question where God can from. But that's the point: He's the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end. Unlike mindless matter that somehow brought about the entire universe to the place it is at now- whether it was in one Big Bang or over millions and millions years- God simply could create and orchestrate the universe, like putting pieces of a puzzle together. God is described as "omniscient," "omnipotent," and "omnipresent." He had the power to create the world through words alone.

For me, it makes far more sense to believe in an "Omniscient" and "omnipotent" Being orchestrating such a complex world and universe over some matter whose source is still not set in stone.

Science is constantly proving what the Bible already stated. For example, Job 38:7 states: "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" While the concept of singing stars seems absurd at first, scientists proved thousands of years later that stars DO, in fact, sing. This is one example of many in the Bible. Creation is constantly proving the Bible right, as much as we would naturally like to convince ourselves otherwise.

My intention, really, is not appear ignorant nor harsh. That being said: I see proof of God's existence everyday. His Creation cannot be overlooked, nor has it ever been effectively done away with.

Christianity comes under a lot of heat because of natural questions. How does God let bad things happen? Isn't God just made up to help the weak in hard times? In consideration of these things, I would like to assert that God has never been a liar. Even the hardest questions we can ask CAN be resolved through God's Word if we really look into it, wanting and willing to learn. There is sure footing where I stand, regardless of what life may hurl at me. I do not need to constantly be searching anymore, because I believe I have found the Source of the answers.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 11:58:07 PM
Science is constantly proving what the Bible already stated. For example, Job 38:7 states: "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" While the concept of singing stars seems absurd at first, scientists proved thousands of years later that stars DO, in fact, sing. This is one example of many in the Bible. Creation is constantly proving the Bible right, as much as we would naturally like to convince ourselves otherwise."

This really just demonstrates the varieties of selective interpretation one would like to use to justify the Bible. Going critically on that verse:

When the morning stars sang together - there isn't a morning for the stars. They are always present. There shouldn't be a 'when', either, as they are -always- doing that. That is why stars at were believed to fall to Earth, they were inferior points of light in the heavens, of which some might fall to Earth, or give the appearance of falling to Earth. Them singing 'together' isn't happening either, they are celestial bodies emitting radiation of varying types. It would be like saying me and you sleep together because we happen to fall asleep at the same time during the day.

What is being euphemistically called a song regarding stars is colloquialism. Its just a lot easier to say 'song' than 'random frequency emissions given tonal expression so as to easier observe the different ranges'. They aren't actually making a sound. Crocodiles aren't shedding tears, dolphin's aren't smiling, stars aren't singing, and cats aren't stealing babies' souls/breath.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 12:05:02 AM
At 12/18/2014 11:58:07 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Science is constantly proving what the Bible already stated. For example, Job 38:7 states: "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" While the concept of singing stars seems absurd at first, scientists proved thousands of years later that stars DO, in fact, sing. This is one example of many in the Bible. Creation is constantly proving the Bible right, as much as we would naturally like to convince ourselves otherwise."

This really just demonstrates the varieties of selective interpretation one would like to use to justify the Bible. Going critically on that verse:

When the morning stars sang together - there isn't a morning for the stars. They are always present. There shouldn't be a 'when', either, as they are -always- doing that. That is why stars at were believed to fall to Earth, they were inferior points of light in the heavens, of which some might fall to Earth, or give the appearance of falling to Earth. Them singing 'together' isn't happening either, they are celestial bodies emitting radiation of varying types. It would be like saying me and you sleep together because we happen to fall asleep at the same time during the day.

What is being euphemistically called a song regarding stars is colloquialism. Its just a lot easier to say 'song' than 'random frequency emissions given tonal expression so as to easier observe the different ranges'. They aren't actually making a sound. Crocodiles aren't shedding tears, dolphin's aren't smiling, stars aren't singing, and cats aren't stealing babies' souls/breath.

Its not morning for the stars. Its stars visible in the morning. The brightest morning star is venus. When they sing together it is a planatory alignment or conjuction.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 12:11:17 AM
At 12/19/2014 12:05:02 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/18/2014 11:58:07 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Its not morning for the stars. Its stars visible in the morning.

Sort of my point. In space, they are always hanging out next to one another from our perspective, the rotation of the Earth doesn't mean much.

The brightest morning star is Venus. When they sing together it is a planetary alignment or conjunction.

Again, more to my point. Venus isn't a star. We know that now. It was called a star because it looked an awful lot like all those other inferior points of light in the sky.

Planetary alignment, personality archetypes, morning stars and the like makes a GREAT case for astrology. Are you attempting to justify horoscopes? ;)
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 12:39:02 AM
At 12/18/2014 11:16:25 PM, anchoredsoul101 wrote:

I do not feel that debating should simply be bashing each other's "intelligence."
I believe it goes farther than that. It would appear you believe that people should be allowed to make purely irrational, false and plainly idiotic statements, and yet be treated as though they were rational, honest and intelligent... as long as those statements are in support of religion. I, however, feel that no one should practice such totally inappropriate and twisted dishonesty. Would you really feel the same way if Gentorev had posted the actually biblical account and I presented one that was distorted to lower its credibility even more? It seems that you feel it's okay for theists to be dishonest, but atheists should never be afforded the suggestion of virtue, even for being purely honest.

Instead, I simply want to state some rational observations. Rationally speaking, science and the existence of God CAN and DO coincide.
Care to support that? Show me where science says matter/energy can be created (rather than stating blatantly that it can't be created). Show me where biology or any other field of science allows for non-physical life, or a disembodied intelligence. What else do you suggest coincides with science; fairies, pink unicorns, talking cucumbers?

We as passionate, ignorant beings- whether we are all for extreme science or extreme Christianity- are the ones who often overlook some simple basics.
As you have demonstrated in suggesting that God and science coincide.

First, the Bible says that God is the Alpha and Omega
And you suggest the Bible holds a level of authority because... why? Is it because it tells us that disease is caused by evil spirits? Or maybe because it claims disease can be cured with fresh bird blood? Perhaps it's because it tells us that zombies, dragons, giants, wizards, unicorns, witches and sea monsters are all real? What might you propose gives the Bible any more credibility or authority than a Dr. Seuss book? I'm not trying to be snotty with you. It's a valid question and that's what I'm hoping you'll come to understand.

the beginning and the end. We are used to a world where there is time- a beginning and an end to everything. Our own life cycles are like that. Based on these conceptions, we question where God can from. But that's the point: He's the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end.
He is? Then it must be that the Grinch stole Christmas because I read it in a book. Do you not understand that you have NOTHING upon which to base any claim that God is anything? Yet you claim he's the "alpha and omega", just because you read it in a book of ancient fairytales?

Yes... yes they are. They're demonstrably unsound, demonstrably devoid of authority, and demonstrably false.

Unlike mindless matter that somehow brought about the entire universe to the place it is at now- whether it was in one Big Bang or over millions and millions years- God simply could create and orchestrate the universe, like putting pieces of a puzzle together. God is described as "omniscient," "omnipotent," and "omnipresent." He had the power to create the world through words alone.
And a pre-cosmic fairy could simply wave its wand, and whip up the entire universe and everything in it, in an instant. Does that make pre-cosmic fairies a valid explanation? The evidence for God is exactly equal to the evidence for pre-cosmic fairies.

For me, it makes far more sense to believe in an "Omniscient" and "omnipotent" Being orchestrating such a complex world and universe over some matter whose source is still not set in stone.
How does that make sense when we have no evidence of any such "omnipotent being", have no evidence of intelligence behind the universe (it offers outcomes consistent with non-intelligent natural processes, and nothing consistent with intelligent decisions), and the fact that you have to utterly dismiss science to believe in this invisible non-physical being who whips up a whole universe out of nothing?

Science is constantly proving what the Bible already stated. For example, Job 38:7 states: "When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?" While the concept of singing stars seems absurd at first, scientists proved thousands of years later that stars DO, in fact, sing. This is one example of many in the Bible. Creation is constantly proving the Bible right, as much as we would naturally like to convince ourselves otherwise.
You are sorrowfully misinformed. Stars do NOT "sing". Stars emit compression waves which - if provided with a medium for travel (which doesn't exist in space) - would result in sound. It's not singing... not by a long shot.

In "Little Red Riding Hood" the wolf eats the grandmother. Should we all praise Little Red Riding Hood over the fact that wolves - under the proper conditions - really will eat people? Captain hook had an early prosthetic which some humans actually received. Does that make "Peter Pan" true? Why are you so compelled by bending and twisting a scientific reality to be barely reflective of a biblical claim, rather than noting all of the claims in the Bible which are shown to be monstrously false by science?

My intention, really, is not appear ignorant nor harsh. That being said: I see proof of God's existence everyday. His Creation cannot be overlooked, nor has it ever been effectively done away with.
You see "proof of God's existence" daily, yet like every other theist, can't even provide a shred of evidence for God. That's called "confirmation-bias" and "willful ignorance". And I'm not trying to be harsh either, but I am being purely honest.

Christianity comes under a lot of heat because of natural questions. How does God let bad things happen? Isn't God just made up to help the weak in hard times? In consideration of these things, I would like to assert that God has never been a liar.
Well, given that God has never said anything, written anything or made any claims, he's certainly not a liar. Nor are Superman, Green Lantern, or Spiderman.

; Even the hardest questions we can ask CAN be resolved through God's Word if we really look into it, wanting and willing to learn.
And yet, despite the fact that this thread is all about trying to explain the blatantly and foolishly false claims in what you erroneously call "God's word", I noticed you never even attempted to try to explain a single false claim, in a manner which would bring it some credibility.

There is sure footing where I stand, regardless of what life may hurl at me. I do not need to constantly be searching anymore, because I believe I have found the Source of the answers.
And thus, you have stopped searching, stopped learning, and assert that you have the answer, which holds no more plausibility, credibility or rationality than believing that microscopic fairies explain it all.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. But be reasonable. When someone claims that a disembodied, non-physical, living, omnipotent being whipped it all up, you leave yourself open to nothing but ridicule. And that's really not such a bad thing. You'd likely ridicule anyone who claimed he said some magical Latin words over his pancakes, and they changed into the body of Elvis. But let someone make the same basic claim about a cracker and Jesus, and you think they deserve to be treated as intelligent people who are worthy of respect. Why? What's the difference?
anchoredsoul101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 8:29:03 AM
; Even the hardest questions we can ask CAN be resolved through God's Word if we really look into it, wanting and willing to learn.
And yet, despite the fact that this thread is all about trying to explain the blatantly and foolishly false claims in what you erroneously call "God's word", I noticed you never even attempted to try to explain a single false claim, in a manner which would bring it some credibility.

There is sure footing where I stand, regardless of what life may hurl at me. I do not need to constantly be searching anymore, because I believe I have found the Source of the answers.
And thus, you have stopped searching, stopped learning, and assert that you have the answer, which holds no more plausibility, credibility or rationality than believing that microscopic fairies explain it all.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here. But be reasonable. When someone claims that a disembodied, non-physical, living, omnipotent being whipped it all up, you leave yourself open to nothing but ridicule. And that's really not such a bad thing. You'd likely ridicule anyone who claimed he said some magical Latin words over his pancakes, and they changed into the body of Elvis. But let someone make the same basic claim about a cracker and Jesus, and you think they deserve to be treated as intelligent people who are worthy of respect. Why? What's the difference?

Sir, some of these statements are quite absurd ("a cracker and Jesus" ???). In a Debate forum, I feel that there are thousands of comments that go against God. So be it. That's their opinions. However, I will state my opinion, as well. I am not shoving it down your throat, but offering it for clarity. Frankly, it makes sense to me. I am not stupid, nor am I ignorant. I've researched the issue a great deal. You don't have to agree with it. But it's a belief- just as yours is.

Firstly, understanding the "Alpha and Omega" idea explains how Creation was possible. Believing in an omniscient and omnipresent God to make everything possible makes more sense than mindless matter working to produce something. Every day, I see more and more things to help me build my surety. That does not mean I never question anything, but it does mean that I have found the source of the Answers to the questions I need to ask. That's what I said and will continue to say.

Further, the Bible is not a fairytale. Don't mistake this as an ignorant, assertive statement that you can just look over. I believe it to be a fact. The Bible was written over a span of 1500 years, by over forty authors. It accounts for real historical events as well as events that many individuals see as made-up (the existence and importance of Christ, for example). Historical accounts reveal hundreds of pieces that are not included in the Bible but tell the same stories about Jesus and the Disciples.

Journalist Lee Strobel released a book called, "The Case for Christ." It outlines the accuracies of the Bible. If you read the book and still don't agree, fine. You are entitled. However, that resource served as a helpful and informative text that puts credibility and validity on the Bible. Another resource is the Ken Hamm/ Bill Nye debate.

In regards to this:
"; Even the hardest questions we can ask CAN be resolved through God's Word if we really look into it, wanting and willing to learn.
And yet, despite the fact that this thread is all about trying to explain the blatantly and foolishly false claims in what you erroneously call "God's word", I noticed you never even attempted to try to explain a single false claim, in a manner which would bring it some credibility."
Sir, with all due respect, really? Please read this: http://www.creationism.org...
and this: http://www.genesis-creation-proof.com... They both will add support to my beliefs on Creationism.

I respect your opinion, and will respect whatever you reply with. I can only learn more, really. But, I will state my opinion regardless of whether or not I have your support. I can simply say this: If you knew God like I know Him, you'd be very sure, too. Don't smirk and push that comment aside, because it was written with a full heart. Christians are humans. We learn and we grow. But the God of Creation- who is same One today :)- cannot be explained away with any amount of words.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 8:35:42 AM

This is how I see it

https://www.youtube.com...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 9:18:05 AM

How much time did you waste and how many pages of the thesaurus did you wear out concocting this meaningless diatribe of hate? Do you really think your God, your Savior who said to turn the other cheek when you are struck would approve of it? Man, I pity you for you total lack of anything resembling the example you're supposed to live by.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 9:21:23 AM
At 12/19/2014 8:29:03 AM, anchoredsoul101 wrote:

Sir, some of these statements are quite absurd ("a cracker and Jesus" ???). In a Debate forum, I feel that there are thousands of comments that go against God. So be it. That's their opinions. However, I will state my opinion, as well. I am not shoving it down your throat, but offering it for clarity. Frankly, it makes sense to me. I am not stupid, nor am I ignorant. I've researched the issue a great deal. You don't have to agree with it. But it's a belief- just as yours is.

Firstly, understanding the "Alpha and Omega" idea explains how Creation was possible. Believing in an omniscient and omnipresent God to make everything possible makes more sense than mindless matter working to produce something. Every day, I see more and more things to help me build my surety. That does not mean I never question anything, but it does mean that I have found the source of the Answers to the questions I need to ask. That's what I said and will continue to say.

Further, the Bible is not a fairytale. Don't mistake this as an ignorant, assertive statement that you can just look over. I believe it to be a fact. The Bible was written over a span of 1500 years, by over forty authors. It accounts for real historical events as well as events that many individuals see as made-up (the existence and importance of Christ, for example). Historical accounts reveal hundreds of pieces that are not included in the Bible but tell the same stories about Jesus and the Disciples.

Journalist Lee Strobel released a book called, "The Case for Christ." It outlines the accuracies of the Bible. If you read the book and still don't agree, fine. You are entitled. However, that resource served as a helpful and informative text that puts credibility and validity on the Bible. Another resource is the Ken Hamm/ Bill Nye debate.

In regards to this:
"; Even the hardest questions we can ask CAN be resolved through God's Word if we really look into it, wanting and willing to learn.
And yet, despite the fact that this thread is all about trying to explain the blatantly and foolishly false claims in what you erroneously call "God's word", I noticed you never even attempted to try to explain a single false claim, in a manner which would bring it some credibility."
Sir, with all due respect, really? Please read this: http://www.creationism.org...
and this: http://www.genesis-creation-proof.com... They both will add support to my beliefs on Creationism.

I respect your opinion, and will respect whatever you reply with. I can only learn more, really. But, I will state my opinion regardless of whether or not I have your support. I can simply say this: If you knew God like I know Him, you'd be very sure, too. Don't smirk and push that comment aside, because it was written with a full heart. Christians are humans. We learn and we grow. But the God of Creation- who is same One today :)- cannot be explained away with any amount of words.

Nor can he be spoken into existence no matter how sincere the speaker. Your so-called proofs are not falsifiable, hence have no meaning in the material world in which we live.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 2:20:14 PM
At 12/19/2014 8:35:42 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

This is how I see it

https://www.youtube.com...

That's how I see it as well... two totally different stories, which have nothing in common. But somehow I suspect you're trying to merge the two together, despite the fact that they have nothing in common. Take a look.

BIBLE: In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. The earth was without form and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
SCIENCE: No earth, no heavens, no God, just a singularity containing a super-force combining the four known forces of the universe.

Do you honestly see anything in common?

BIBLE: And the spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters. No mention of gravity, a super-force, the formation of hydrogen or helium... just *BOOM* and the Earth with all 92 natural elements exists, and is covered in water..

SCIENCE: Gravity splits from the super-force as the singularity begins hyperinflation. In under 1-second, the super-force decays into the other three forces of nature. In 3-minutes the temperature has dropped to a million degrees and atomic nuclei begin to form, just hydrogen, and the fusing of some hydrogen into helium. There is no Earth, no stars, no water because there is no oxygen. There is no God, no water, no planets, stars or "spirit" of anything.

Do you see anything in common?

In the Bible, the universe exists in a state which supports the existence of the planet Earth, which is covered in water, and we are in day one - a literal 22 - 24 hour "day" as defined in Genesis six separate times.. In reality, the universe is still small, (though massively larger than the initial singularity) and very hot. Only the beginning of atomic nuclei exist. No Earth, no stars, no God, no firmament, no light, and we're only 3-minutes from the initiation of big-bang. There are no "days" because there are no planets and no stars. There are only two elements; hydrogen and helium. That's all the matter that exists. And to interpret "water" as the base components of matter is purely ridiculous. Water is a highly evolved molecule compared to the two atomic nuclei which actually existed at this point. Water requires oxygen, and oxygen requires that stars exist to fuse hydrogen nuclei into more advanced atoms like oxygen.

What do you see in common about these two horribly diverse and different stories? They're as different as the tooth fairy and a root canal.

Shall I go on? I can. The very video you linked - despite it's intent - cannot help but to illustrate the massive and ridiculous differences between the reality, and the fallacious Genesis account.

To look at the vast differences between the two accounts (and that's about all there are - DIFFERENCES), and suggest that they are in any way, the same story, is pure dishonesty. It's such a fallacious and atrocious perpetration of a pure lie, that it befuddles the rational mind that anyone would even try to pull it off. So how do you manage to conflate these two completely different stories?