No topics about Islam?

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 1:51:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hi!

I notices there is a scarcity of threads about Islam, are there any muslims here? Or people interested - positively or negatively - in Islam?
Current Debates In Voting Period:

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:
http://www.debate.org...

- Drawing Contest. Vs. @purpleduck:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:00:53 AM
At 12/18/2014 1:51:57 AM, YassineB wrote:
Hi!

I notices there is a scarcity of threads about Islam, are there any muslims here? Or people interested - positively or negatively - in Islam?

There are a few Muslims here. I wouldn't suggest Islam to be any more incorrect (or any less incorrect), than Christianity.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:09:05 AM
At 12/18/2014 3:00:53 AM, Beastt wrote:
Hi!

There are a few Muslims here. I wouldn't suggest Islam to be any more incorrect (or any less incorrect), than Christianity.

Well, don't muslims - or non muslims - post anything or discuss anything about Islam?

Also I don't get your point.

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:25:13 AM
At 12/18/2014 3:09:05 AM, YassineB wrote:
Hi!

Well, don't muslims - or non muslims - post anything or discuss anything about Islam?

Yes, sometimes they do post but they seem to be a small enough minority that you don't see a lot from them.

My point is that all religion tends to be pretty obviously wrong once you've been away from the indoctrination for a while. I'm a former theist and I believed all of the things I was told. It wasn't until I was in my 30s that I even dared think seriously about the possibility that all of the various stories about a supreme creator being might be equally untrue. After another 20-years of investigation, religion is - to be frank - pretty laughable.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:30:54 AM
At 12/18/2014 3:25:13 AM, Beastt wrote:
Hi!

Yes, sometimes they do post but they seem to be a small enough minority that you don't see a lot from them.

My point is that all religion tends to be pretty obviously wrong once you've been away from the indoctrination for a while. I'm a former theist and I believed all of the things I was told. It wasn't until I was in my 30s that I even dared think seriously about the possibility that all of the various stories about a supreme creator being might be equally untrue. After another 20-years of investigation, religion is - to be frank - pretty laughable.

You interested in a discussion about Religion in general & Islam in particular (I only know much about Islam so I can't speak - with confidence - for the rest)?

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:44:22 AM
At 12/18/2014 3:30:54 AM, YassineB wrote:
Hi!

You interested in a discussion about Religion in general & Islam in particular (I only know much about Islam so I can't speak - with confidence - for the rest)?

Hi and welcome to the religion forum. Humbly, I would suggest skimming through some of the other posts, even the non-Islamic ones, and getting a general 'feel' for where people's sentiments on the matters lay.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 3:49:30 AM
At 12/18/2014 3:44:22 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Hi!

Hi and welcome to the religion forum. Humbly, I would suggest skimming through some of the other posts, even the non-Islamic ones, and getting a general 'feel' for where people's sentiments on the matters lay.

Well, it's mostly about the Bible, for or against it. & I don't know much about the Bible.
This is my first time in a interfaith kinda forum :)

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 4:10:34 AM
At 12/18/2014 3:49:30 AM, YassineB wrote:
Hi!

Well, it's mostly about the Bible, for or against it. & I don't know much about the Bible.

On this particular forum, those with faith in a god AND those who do not believe in such regularly challenge eachother on the matter, as do different faiths. I would just give the advice to keep the name of the site we are on in mind as you pick and choose and create what topics to discuss.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 4:24:27 AM
Don't let that stop you, most of the religious on here don't know much about it either.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 4:27:19 AM
At 12/18/2014 4:24:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Don't let that stop you, most of the religious on here don't know much about it either.

That's funny, because it's likely to be true. LoL

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 4:30:30 AM
At 12/18/2014 4:10:34 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Hi!

On this particular forum, those with faith in a god AND those who do not believe in such regularly challenge eachother on the matter, as do different faiths. I would just give the advice to keep the name of the site we are on in mind as you pick and choose and create what topics to discuss.

I want to discuss something alright, I just feel like I've got to get adjusted to the ways people here think.
There is a lot of incompatibilities between Islam & Christianity, so I've got to fit in first, & then talk afterwards.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:15:03 AM
At 12/18/2014 4:30:30 AM, YassineB wrote:
At 12/18/2014 4:10:34 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
Hi!

I want to discuss something alright, I just feel like I've got to get adjusted to the ways people here think.
There is a lot of incompatibilities between Islam & Christianity, so I've got to fit in first, & then talk afterwards.

A wise idea; take a sampling of the posts, see who might respond, and how.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:19:57 AM
Hi!

If you are here to preach, you will get short shrift.

If you have specific doctrinal questions about Islam, try your luck. You may or may not get a response. Just remember that this is a debate site rather than a dedicated site for serious Islamic investigation. Most threads get derailed sooner or later. There is a lot of bickering and sometimes it can get nasty. Be warned.

Often we discuss current events which have a religious connection.

Lurk for a while, get a feel for the way the forum works, and dip your toes in the water when you are ready. :-)
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:01:38 AM
Hi!

first! aahhee just few muslims here like me.. any criticism or compliment u welcome...
Never fart near dog
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:11:50 AM
At 12/18/2014 7:03:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
how do you feel about the Peshawar massacre?

yesterday i saw it in the news but i dont know anything about it... so whats happening there bulproof its a political stuff or "islam" instructing this morons to do this things? im going to check it..
Never fart near dog
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:27:55 AM
At 12/18/2014 7:11:50 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

yesterday i saw it in the news but i dont know anything about it... so whats happening there bulproof its a political stuff or "islam" instructing this morons to do this things? im going to check it..

Pakistan Taliban have admitted they killed 148 people, 132 of them children at a school in Peshawar Pakistan.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:36:10 AM
At 12/18/2014 7:27:55 AM, bulproof wrote:

Pakistan Taliban have admitted they killed 148 people, 132 of them children at a school in Peshawar Pakistan.

and for what reason they killed them? no normal human being will kill children, and we talking about pakistan a fail country.
Never fart near dog
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:56:17 AM
Hi!

Response: I am a Muslim and regularly discuss topics on Islam. So if there is a topic you would like to discuss about Islam, you start a discussion.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:12:12 AM
At 12/18/2014 7:36:10 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

and for what reason they killed them? no normal human being will kill children, and we talking about pakistan a fail country.

It's all in the name of Islam and Allah, always has been. The Taliban want to turn the country into an Islamic state.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:19:08 AM

It's time to claim that it is just western propaganda.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 9:56:56 AM
At 12/18/2014 8:19:08 AM, bulproof wrote:

ohh thats rocket science.. do you know hisotry of pakistan anyway? who are the taliban? at the end its all about money oil and westren powers destroying anything for their "freedom". you mad about 150 people who died there? where were you when millions of people died in iraq by american troops? when the russian destroyed chechenya? eradicating masses with gun power... nahh they are muslims who cares...
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:10:24 AM
At 12/18/2014 9:56:56 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:

ohh thats rocket science.. do you know hisotry of pakistan anyway? who are the taliban? at the end its all about money oil and westren powers destroying anything for their "freedom".

So, the Taliban slaughters children in a school because of oil and western powers? LOL.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:24:13 AM
At 12/18/2014 10:10:24 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

ohh thats rocket science.. do you know hisotry of pakistan anyway? who are the taliban? at the end its all about money oil and westren powers destroying anything for their "freedom".

So, the Taliban slaughters children in a school because of oil and western powers? LOL.

i cant comment on this incident because i dont know what really happen there, i think you dont too but you want to blame islam for that without investigation. who are the Talibans? they are islamists right? they involved in huge drug trade which is forbidden strictly in Islam.

again im asking you why they killed them? what their excuse? and im tell you you dont know you just here to entertain people.
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:32:03 AM
At 12/18/2014 10:24:13 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 10:10:24 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

i cant comment on this incident because i dont know what really happen there, i think you dont too but you want to blame islam for that without investigation.

Sorry, but there are people who know what happened there, your ignorance of that fact only serves to show you aren't informed.

who are the Talibans? they are islamists right? they involved in huge drug trade which is forbidden strictly in Islam.

So what, there are many Muslims who do things that are forbidden in Islam just like many other followers of other religions. The Taliban have made it clear as to what they want, an Islamic state. Notice the word, "Islamic".
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 11:28:05 AM
At 12/18/2014 8:19:08 AM, bulproof wrote:

ohh thats rocket science.. do you know hisotry of pakistan anyway? who are the taliban? at the end its all about money oil and westren powers destroying anything for their "freedom". you mad about 150 people who died there? where were you when millions of people died in iraq by american troops? when the russian destroyed chechenya? eradicating masses with gun power... nahh they are muslims who cares...

YOU are fuking kidding me!
A self declared Islamic Pakistan Taliban slaughter 132 Muslim children and 16 Muslim adults and you accuse the west? Are you as insane as the madman or GIG?

I have read so many comments on line from Muslims who want the Taliban destroyed, wiped from the face of the planet and here you are defending them!

Tell me now that those muslims who despise them for killing children aren't TRUE muslims.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 11:37:25 AM
That is the mentality of all religious believers. When they do something horrific its not their fault. Someone made them do it. Satan, Shaitan, some demon, The West, The East, always a scapegoat to justify something. That is the power and the peril of religion. It allows someone to commit a heinous act but feel as if they are doing something noble.
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:58:01 PM
At 12/18/2014 7:01:38 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Hi!

first! aahhee just few muslims here like me.. any criticism or compliment u welcome...

Salam :) nice to meet you.

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:59:32 PM

I am not much of a news person, this is the first time I hear of such atrocities. Also, I live in the West, not in Pakistan.

YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:02:06 PM
At 12/18/2014 5:19:57 AM, dee-em wrote:
Hi!

If you are here to preach, you will get short shrift.

If you have specific doctrinal questions about Islam, try your luck. You may or may not get a response. Just remember that this is a debate site rather than a dedicated site for serious Islamic investigation. Most threads get derailed sooner or later. There is a lot of bickering and sometimes it can get nasty. Be warned.

Often we discuss current events which have a religious connection.

Lurk for a while, get a feel for the way the forum works, and dip your toes in the water when you are ready. :-)

I am all for debates, but I reckon people here don't have a solid background about Islam, once I get into the doctrine of Islam it'll be hard to find someone to debate/discuss with.