Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Cerebral_Narcicisist insists:

DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:16:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago

Given the doctrine of the trinity, how is it that when Jesus is suffering on the cross he asks "Lord why hast thou forsaken me?" (or whatever the exact wording is).


Because God can dismantle Himself! He is God!

Imagine you are listening too a CD by, say, Lady Ga Ga.. I enter the room and ask " Who are you listening to? " and you reply, someone laconically, " Lady Ga Ga.. "
I explode; " WHAT! you ACTUALLY have the ONE and ONLY Lady Ga Ga in your house? NO? but HOW can she be in two places at one time?? "
You sigh.. " It's a recording.. "
" But it IS her? "
" Well.. y-es, and no. "
" Will she sign autographs? give interviews etc? "
" No, because it is not ALL of Lady Ga Ga but IS a true representation of a FACET of her.. "

Jesus Christ IS the True representation of the Character, the Meaning, of God.. He is not the power (the Omnipotence) of God, although He did convey that power through His miracles;
God gives life to Adam and Eve.. Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead..
God cause the grain and the seas to multiply each season.. Jesus feeds the 5000 with 5 loasves and 2 fish..

Jesus and the Father are One BUT WHEN He was on earth in His Human incarnation He WAS separate, distinct, from Him.. His relationship with the Father was as that of a man's relationship; a large part of Christ's' ministry was too teach us HOW to be real men..

In order for Jesus to pay the price for us, to redeem us from satan, God had to take His hand, His protection off of Him..
He became a sin offering for us.. and in His (very human) suffering cried out to God.. (as a man)

toodle pip!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:28:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.

Or perhaps my tactic of bringing your replys out into the open, as a new topic, has forced you into civility at last?
The Cross.. the Cross.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:33:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:28:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.

Or perhaps my tactic of bringing your replys out into the open, as a new topic, has forced you into civility at last?

Civility is a reciprocal matter for me, I start of civil and then react.

Anyways, I still struggle to accept this definition of the trinity. It suggests that Jesus is not a tripartite facet of a single entity, but merely some sort of very special, intimate, creation of God. Link, connected, maybe, but not part of the same being.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:33:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM, innomen wrote:
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.

And Mary?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:35:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM, innomen wrote:
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.

That analogy would suggest that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three seperate personalities, but are simply allied. That alliance is God. God is therefore not a trinity, but a triumvirate.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:40:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:33:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:28:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.

Or perhaps my tactic of bringing your replys out into the open, as a new topic, has forced you into civility at last?

Civility is a reciprocal matter for me, I start of civil and then react.

Anyways, I still struggle to accept this definition of the trinity. It suggests that Jesus is not a tripartite facet of a single entity, but merely some sort of very special, intimate, creation of God. Link, connected, maybe, but not part of the same being.

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your SOURCE MATERIAL for this unfounded speculation?
REMEMBER what I said. debate fans, about him QUIETLY SLIPPING out of the context of his own original question?

BEGOTTEN NOT CREATED!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 2:45:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:40:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:33:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:28:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.

Or perhaps my tactic of bringing your replys out into the open, as a new topic, has forced you into civility at last?

Civility is a reciprocal matter for me, I start of civil and then react.

Anyways, I still struggle to accept this definition of the trinity. It suggests that Jesus is not a tripartite facet of a single entity, but merely some sort of very special, intimate, creation of God. Link, connected, maybe, but not part of the same being.

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your SOURCE MATERIAL for this unfounded speculation?
REMEMBER what I said. debate fans, about him QUIETLY SLIPPING out of the context of his own original question?

BEGOTTEN NOT CREATED!

The source material is the bible and your interpretation of it.
I am not slipping out of the context of my own orginal question, if it makes you feel better swap the words and consider my post restated.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 8:19:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:35:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM, innomen wrote:
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.

That analogy would suggest that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three seperate personalities, but are simply allied. That alliance is God. God is therefore not a trinity, but a triumvirate.

Only if you were to understand love as an alliance. Love is not an alliance. Love is when two are one but at the same time two.
Floid
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 9:18:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Because God can dismantle Himself! He is God!

Imagine you are listening too a CD by, say, Lady Ga Ga.. I enter the room and ask " Who are you listening to? " and you reply, someone laconically, " Lady Ga Ga.. "
I explode; " WHAT! you ACTUALLY have the ONE and ONLY Lady Ga Ga in your house? NO? but HOW can she be in two places at one time?? "
You sigh.. " It's a recording.. "
" But it IS her? "
" Well.. y-es, and no. "
" Will she sign autographs? give interviews etc? "
" No, because it is not ALL of Lady Ga Ga but IS a true representation of a FACET of her.. "

So Jesus is a recording of God? Interesting...
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:05:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 8:19:52 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:35:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM, innomen wrote:
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.

That analogy would suggest that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three seperate personalities, but are simply allied. That alliance is God. God is therefore not a trinity, but a triumvirate.

Only if you were to understand love as an alliance. Love is not an alliance. Love is when two are one but at the same time two.

Yes, love obviously violates the Law of Identity.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:21:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:05:36 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 8:19:52 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:35:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM, innomen wrote:
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.

That analogy would suggest that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three seperate personalities, but are simply allied. That alliance is God. God is therefore not a trinity, but a triumvirate.

Only if you were to understand love as an alliance. Love is not an alliance. Love is when two are one but at the same time two.

Yes, love obviously violates the Law of Identity.

Among other laws of logic.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:34:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:21:45 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:05:36 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 8:19:52 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:35:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM, innomen wrote:
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.

That analogy would suggest that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three seperate personalities, but are simply allied. That alliance is God. God is therefore not a trinity, but a triumvirate.

Only if you were to understand love as an alliance. Love is not an alliance. Love is when two are one but at the same time two.

Yes, love obviously violates the Law of Identity.

Among other laws of logic.

Love is unbound by logic? How romantic. And silly.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 10:41:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:34:52 AM, Kinesis wrote:


Among other laws of logic.

Love is unbound by logic? How romantic. And silly.

Love is not logical it is emotional. The decision making as a result of love is very often not logical.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 12:57:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 8:19:52 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:35:06 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:29:57 AM, innomen wrote:
Let me give it another shot. So, let's say you are married, deeply in love so that you are one yet two. You cannot imagine life without the other and the other feels the same. You consider yourselves and yourself a couple. Yet, you are still individuals able to have some independence in thought and physical action. Your lives together are but a singular experience at one level and yet you are still able to rely on the other for help in your state of independence. Such is the nature of the trinity as a Catholic would see it. Love is the binding principle of God with man and in the very nature of God.

That analogy would suggest that The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three seperate personalities, but are simply allied. That alliance is God. God is therefore not a trinity, but a triumvirate.

Only if you were to understand love as an alliance. Love is not an alliance. Love is when two are one but at the same time two.

Jesus is to God what Mrs Schoppenhaur is to Mr Schoppenhaur?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 1:05:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 10:41:12 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:34:52 AM, Kinesis wrote:


Among other laws of logic.

Love is unbound by logic? How romantic. And silly.

Love is not logical it is emotional. The decision making as a result of love is very often not logical.

Emotion falls within the laws of logic. Everything does.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2010 1:10:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 1:05:14 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:41:12 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:34:52 AM, Kinesis wrote:


Among other laws of logic.

Love is unbound by logic? How romantic. And silly.

Love is not logical it is emotional. The decision making as a result of love is very often not logical.

Emotion falls within the laws of logic. Everything does.

except that which is illogical - makes no sense, no reason for
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 12:15:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 1:10:05 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 1:05:14 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:41:12 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:34:52 AM, Kinesis wrote:


Among other laws of logic.

Love is unbound by logic? How romantic. And silly.

Love is not logical it is emotional. The decision making as a result of love is very often not logical.

Emotion falls within the laws of logic. Everything does.

except that which is illogical - makes no sense, no reason for

You are using 'logic' in the colloquial sense 'reasonable' or 'rational'. I am talking about the actual laws of logic that state what is logically possible and what is not. Anything that is not logically possible is gibberish and cannot exist.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 8:00:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 12:15:46 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 1:10:05 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 1:05:14 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:41:12 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:34:52 AM, Kinesis wrote:


Among other laws of logic.

Love is unbound by logic? How romantic. And silly.

Love is not logical it is emotional. The decision making as a result of love is very often not logical.

Emotion falls within the laws of logic. Everything does.

except that which is illogical - makes no sense, no reason for

You are using 'logic' in the colloquial sense 'reasonable' or 'rational'. I am talking about the actual laws of logic that state what is logically possible and what is not. Anything that is not logically possible is gibberish and cannot exist.

Logic as to how, but not as to why
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 8:14:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 8:00:24 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/26/2010 12:15:46 AM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 1:10:05 PM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 1:05:14 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:41:12 AM, innomen wrote:
At 5/25/2010 10:34:52 AM, Kinesis wrote:


Among other laws of logic.

Love is unbound by logic? How romantic. And silly.

Love is not logical it is emotional. The decision making as a result of love is very often not logical.

Emotion falls within the laws of logic. Everything does.

except that which is illogical - makes no sense, no reason for

You are using 'logic' in the colloquial sense 'reasonable' or 'rational'. I am talking about the actual laws of logic that state what is logically possible and what is not. Anything that is not logically possible is gibberish and cannot exist.

Logic as to how, but not as to why

?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 8:33:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 8:14:13 AM, Kinesis wrote:


Logic as to how, but not as to why

?

Never-mind, it's an old argument on logic and purpose. I'm sure you know of it.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 9:59:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 9:18:18 AM, Floid wrote:
Because God can dismantle Himself! He is God!

Imagine you are listening too a CD by, say, Lady Ga Ga.. I enter the room and ask " Who are you listening to? " and you reply, someone laconically, " Lady Ga Ga.. "
I explode; " WHAT! you ACTUALLY have the ONE and ONLY Lady Ga Ga in your house? NO? but HOW can she be in two places at one time?? "
You sigh.. " It's a recording.. "
" But it IS her? "
" Well.. y-es, and no. "
" Will she sign autographs? give interviews etc? "
" No, because it is not ALL of Lady Ga Ga but IS a true representation of a FACET of her.. "


So Jesus is a recording of God? Interesting...

No, THE true representation of Him, as a Lady Ga Ga CD is A true repesentation of a facet (her songwriting/singing etc) of her.

Jesus says: " Walk in the light while you have it, before darkness overtakes you. "
If you willfully misunderstand my meaning you are willfully choosing darkness.. a life time of this logically leads to eternal darkness: HELL.
The Cross.. the Cross.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 10:02:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/25/2010 2:45:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:40:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:33:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:28:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.

Or perhaps my tactic of bringing your replys out into the open, as a new topic, has forced you into civility at last?

Civility is a reciprocal matter for me, I start of civil and then react.

Anyways, I still struggle to accept this definition of the trinity. It suggests that Jesus is not a tripartite facet of a single entity, but merely some sort of very special, intimate, creation of God. Link, connected, maybe, but not part of the same being.

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your SOURCE MATERIAL for this unfounded speculation?
REMEMBER what I said. debate fans, about him QUIETLY SLIPPING out of the context of his own original question?

BEGOTTEN NOT CREATED!

The source material is the bible and your interpretation of it.
I am not slipping out of the context of my own orginal question, if it makes you feel better swap the words and consider my post restated.

Then quote the scripture you are using for your assertion that Jesus is a created being!

And I will provide my scriptures that say He is begotten NOT created!

He's on the ropes folks!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 10:03:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 9:59:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:18:18 AM, Floid wrote:
Because God can dismantle Himself! He is God!

Imagine you are listening too a CD by, say, Lady Ga Ga.. I enter the room and ask " Who are you listening to? " and you reply, someone laconically, " Lady Ga Ga.. "
I explode; " WHAT! you ACTUALLY have the ONE and ONLY Lady Ga Ga in your house? NO? but HOW can she be in two places at one time?? "
You sigh.. " It's a recording.. "
" But it IS her? "
" Well.. y-es, and no. "
" Will she sign autographs? give interviews etc? "
" No, because it is not ALL of Lady Ga Ga but IS a true representation of a FACET of her.. "


So Jesus is a recording of God? Interesting...

No, THE true representation of Him, as a Lady Ga Ga CD is A true repesentation of a facet (her songwriting/singing etc) of her.

Jesus says: " Walk in the light while you have it, before darkness overtakes you. "
If you willfully misunderstand my meaning you are willfully choosing darkness.. a life time of this logically leads to eternal darkness: HELL.

So to clarify, Jesus is to God what a Lady Gaga CD is to Lady Gaga?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 10:06:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 10:03:12 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
So to clarify, Jesus is to God what a Lady Gaga CD is to Lady Gaga?

doesn't sound like the trinity I grew up with...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 10:08:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 10:03:12 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/26/2010 9:59:32 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 9:18:18 AM, Floid wrote:
Because God can dismantle Himself! He is God!

Imagine you are listening too a CD by, say, Lady Ga Ga.. I enter the room and ask " Who are you listening to? " and you reply, someone laconically, " Lady Ga Ga.. "
I explode; " WHAT! you ACTUALLY have the ONE and ONLY Lady Ga Ga in your house? NO? but HOW can she be in two places at one time?? "
You sigh.. " It's a recording.. "
" But it IS her? "
" Well.. y-es, and no. "
" Will she sign autographs? give interviews etc? "
" No, because it is not ALL of Lady Ga Ga but IS a true representation of a FACET of her.. "


So Jesus is a recording of God? Interesting...

No, THE true representation of Him, as a Lady Ga Ga CD is A true repesentation of a facet (her songwriting/singing etc) of her.

Jesus says: " Walk in the light while you have it, before darkness overtakes you. "
If you willfully misunderstand my meaning you are willfully choosing darkness.. a life time of this logically leads to eternal darkness: HELL.


So to clarify, Jesus is to God what a Lady Gaga CD is to Lady Gaga?

Scripture? regarding this 'created Jesus' you say is in the Bible?
Hurry hurry or I make a whole new topic of it..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 10:21:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 10:02:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:45:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:40:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:33:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:28:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.

Or perhaps my tactic of bringing your replys out into the open, as a new topic, has forced you into civility at last?

Civility is a reciprocal matter for me, I start of civil and then react.

Anyways, I still struggle to accept this definition of the trinity. It suggests that Jesus is not a tripartite facet of a single entity, but merely some sort of very special, intimate, creation of God. Link, connected, maybe, but not part of the same being.

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your SOURCE MATERIAL for this unfounded speculation?
REMEMBER what I said. debate fans, about him QUIETLY SLIPPING out of the context of his own original question?

BEGOTTEN NOT CREATED!

The source material is the bible and your interpretation of it.
I am not slipping out of the context of my own orginal question, if it makes you feel better swap the words and consider my post restated.

Then quote the scripture you are using for your assertion that Jesus is a created being!

And I will provide my scriptures that say He is begotten NOT created!

He's on the ropes folks!

I am not asserting that Jesus is a created as opposed to a begotten being. I do not even comprehend what the distinction is, or how it is relevant to the discussion at hand. Begotten is a simplistic sub-distinction of created anyway, as of course God apparently created everything.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2010 10:29:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 5/26/2010 10:21:40 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/26/2010 10:02:53 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:45:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:40:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:33:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:28:10 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 5/25/2010 2:24:02 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Good timing, I only just got on here myself.

Well firstly I have to give you kudos for finally attempting to give me an awnser on a matter of theology, I am not too certain that your analogy makes sense and I would wonder how many other Christians recognise your description of the trinity, but I am very impressed that you actually awnsered a question.

Or perhaps my tactic of bringing your replys out into the open, as a new topic, has forced you into civility at last?

Civility is a reciprocal matter for me, I start of civil and then react.

Anyways, I still struggle to accept this definition of the trinity. It suggests that Jesus is not a tripartite facet of a single entity, but merely some sort of very special, intimate, creation of God. Link, connected, maybe, but not part of the same being.

AH HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your SOURCE MATERIAL for this unfounded speculation?
REMEMBER what I said. debate fans, about him QUIETLY SLIPPING out of the context of his own original question?

BEGOTTEN NOT CREATED!

The source material is the bible and your interpretation of it.
I am not slipping out of the context of my own orginal question, if it makes you feel better swap the words and consider my post restated.

Then quote the scripture you are using for your assertion that Jesus is a created being!

And I will provide my scriptures that say He is begotten NOT created!

He's on the ropes folks!

I am not asserting that Jesus is a created as opposed to a begotten being. I do not even comprehend what the distinction is, or how it is relevant to the discussion at hand. Begotten is a simplistic sub-distinction of created anyway, as of course God apparently created everything.

The distinction between a created and begotten being is that makes you the same kind of being as what begotten you. as a human I can create a statue. I can even make the statue look very human, but when it comes down to it exist as a different kind of thing than human, though it is in my human image. Though if I ever have kid then he would be 'begotten', he is the same kind of thing I am, human, not just in image alone.

Jesus being begotten makes him God in a literal since, whereas we who are only created being can be said to be in his 'image' just like a stone statue might be in our image.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.