Total Posts:86|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Looking for a demonination.

lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:15:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

Notice that religion is all about what people want to believe.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 4:10:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 8:15:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Notice that religion is all about what people want to believe.

Hence is free will, you choose what you want to believe in. If you do or do not believe in God is your thing.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
annanicole
Posts: 19,787
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:25:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 8:15:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Notice that religion is all about what people want to believe.

Just as atheism is.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,844
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:55:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a denomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest held Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Judaism)

10. I believe in a literal Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospels are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a literal 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Religion stemming from Rome.

Just worship Doge lol
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:55:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:55:07 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a denomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest held Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Judaism)

10. I believe in a literal Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospels are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a literal 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Religion stemming from Rome.

Just worship Doge lol

I'm being serious even if you're not Peter.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:56:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.

You might like the Reformed church, they are sort of in the middle.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,844
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:57:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:55:55 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:55:07 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a denomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest held Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Judaism)

10. I believe in a literal Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospels are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a literal 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Religion stemming from Rome.

Just worship Doge lol

I'm being serious even if you're not Peter.

How about non-denominational Christianity?
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 5:59:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:56:28 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.

You might like the Reformed church, they are sort of in the middle.

I'm not sure if I would like a church that says I'm a desease and that doesn't believe in punishment.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:01:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:59:21 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:56:28 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.

You might like the Reformed church, they are sort of in the middle.

I'm not sure if I would like a church that says I'm a desease and that doesn't believe in punishment.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, sorry.

You will likely never find a church that fits you exactly because not everyone is the same. But I do advise you try various churches in your area to see which fits you the best. Try not to think denomination, try to think "family."
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:07:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

Eastern Orthodoxy is a possible choice.

There's, more or less, 41,000 different 'flavours' of Christianity[1] so take your pick.

[1]http://www.pewforum.org...
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:13:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Notice you have typed demonination.

Maybe your most hidden desires just emerged in the form of typing to answer yourself. (?)
lannan13
Posts: 23,073
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:24:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 6:13:46 PM, Otokage wrote:
Notice you have typed demonination.

Maybe your most hidden desires just emerged in the form of typing to answer yourself. (?)

*facepalm* I hate autocorrect.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:24:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Okay people, there are certain topics to debate on, this is not one of them.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SamStevens
Posts: 3,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:30:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 6:01:45 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:59:21 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:56:28 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.

You might like the Reformed church, they are sort of in the middle.

I'm not sure if I would like a church that says I'm a desease and that doesn't believe in punishment.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, sorry.

You will likely never find a church that fits you exactly because not everyone is the same. But I do advise you try various churches in your area to see which fits you the best. Try not to think denomination, try to think "family."

What is the difference between a denomination and a family?
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:34:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 6:13:46 PM, Otokage wrote:
Notice you have typed demonination.

Maybe your most hidden desires just emerged in the form of typing to answer yourself. (?)

They are all led by demons anyway and are all leading their members astray.

If people don't like the cult they are in they join a different one and keep changing till they find one that suits them well enough and if they can't find one they start a new one of their own.

It's much like inventing a new flavor of ice cream to suit your personal taste. Just put in all the ingredients you like and leave out the ones you don't like.
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:36:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 6:30:19 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 12/18/2014 6:01:45 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:59:21 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:56:28 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.

You might like the Reformed church, they are sort of in the middle.

I'm not sure if I would like a church that says I'm a desease and that doesn't believe in punishment.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, sorry.

You will likely never find a church that fits you exactly because not everyone is the same. But I do advise you try various churches in your area to see which fits you the best. Try not to think denomination, try to think "family."

What is the difference between a denomination and a family?

Well, my point is, Lannan is trying to classify himself by fitting into a "genre". However, I don't think that is the wisest idea. I think it is better to find a group to worship with that you feel at home with and who you agree with on most things. For example, the church we go to now believes a little differently than we do, but they are very accepting, loving, and the atmosphere fit our family very well.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,844
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:41:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 6:24:02 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 6:13:46 PM, Otokage wrote:
Notice you have typed demonination.

Maybe your most hidden desires just emerged in the form of typing to answer yourself. (?)


*facepalm* I hate autocorrect.

Seriously, just do non-denominational Christianity.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:51:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Non denominational, forget religious sects and denominations they don't exist in scripture.
UNITY, is the purpose and focus of the "Church", pursue unity with your brother despite what the system does. Don't let the system control you or what you desire you are free in Spirit.
Conservative101
Posts: 191
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 7:11:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.

You could be a Mormon, they are neither Catholic nor Protestant.
When in doubt, start riots and scream racism
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:43:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

I'm not sure there is any church you could join that fits your criteria and is proliferate enough for you to be near one, and exists in English speaking nations, and professes any strong belief in anything.

1. You believe in separation of church and state, as well as homosexuality not being a sin. This would be fine, except for your disbelief in evolution, belief in literal creation and belief in a literal bible. While that doesn't eliminate all churches, it certainly eliminates quite a few.

2. You say you have left catholicism, yet a lot of your beliefs would alienate you from almost any protestant church (and I don't know enough about east orthodox to speak to them), such as your belief in child baptism and belief in purgratory.

Not only that, but you believe people of other religions can get into heaven, which eliminates more churches.

You would have to join a church with a weak doctrine (basically semi-organized theism with a sprinkling of Jesus) that has almost no strong opinion on anything.

However, I think you should use this break with the church to decide something. Do you need god to be a good person? And what trait does being a Christian really express? Is it positive? Or is it just luck? Why does god select believers for heaven and really good people, instead of just really good people? Why is belief, or just saying sorry such a good thing?

And if you don't need a church to have your beliefs, than why be affiliated at all?
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 8:44:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:11:05 PM, Conservative101 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:54:36 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:52:08 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

It sounds like you are straddling Catholicism and Protestantism.

That's the problem is because I couldn't be Catholic do to too many disagreeances, but I couldn't be Protestant for the same exact reason. That's why I'm trying to see where I belong, because I'm sure that there are other Christians like me.

You could be a Mormon, they are neither Catholic nor Protestant.

Mormonism has quite a few other beliefs that don't seem to match with this guy's selected set.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 9:19:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:
After recent fractures with myself and the Roman Catholic Church's beliefs I have found that I disagree with a ton of their beliefs. However, I believe that there must be a church to strengthen one's beliefs as I believe in that there needs to be a church for one to worship at and to be guided to God's grace. So as the title says I'm looking for a demnomination. I'll answer some questions bellow so we have an idea and you can ask more questions to get clarifications.

1. I believe that there is the Holy Trinity, three in one person.

2. I believe that Jesus was the son of God, God in human flesh.

3. I believe that Baptism is highly important.

4. I believe that babies may be Baptized.

5. I do not support Priest heald Reconciliation, but I believe that one must still be sorry for their sins and have to confess them to their God and atone for it.

6. I believe that Jesus is present at the Eucharist.

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

8. I believe in free will to a small amount, but if we allow it God may intervene for us in cases taking away our free will and the same goes for demonic possessions.

9. I believe that people from other religions may gain entry into heaven as God has taught them, but only in a different way. (Islam and Jedueism)

10. I believe in a litteral Hell and Heaven.

11. I believe in a purgatory.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

13. I believe that the Bible is the main teaching of the Christian religion.

14. I believe that the 4 Gospals are all true and accurate accounts of Jesus.

15. I believe in a litteral 7 day Creation.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

18. I do not support a strong system of Relgion steming from Rome.

God's grace is sufficient enough for your salvation. There's nothing you can do to deserve to be born into this world or die according to God's eternal plan for His creation. Religion has nothing to do with teaching His people who they are in Him or how He created us all.
IEnglishman
Posts: 148
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 9:05:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:25:04 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/18/2014 8:15:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Notice that religion is all about what people want to believe.

Just as atheism is.

Burn!

@OP: it doesn't matter what denomination you follow. They are just labels. Attend services at various Churches and go to the one that follows the Bible closest.
Bulproof admits he's a troll http://www.debate.org... (see post 16). Do not feed.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 9:38:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/19/2014 9:05:42 AM, IEnglishman wrote:
At 12/18/2014 5:25:04 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/18/2014 8:15:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Notice that religion is all about what people want to believe.

Just as atheism is.

Burn!

@OP: it doesn't matter what denomination you follow. They are just labels. Attend services at various Churches and go to the one that follows the Bible closest.

I don't think the atheists care what she thinks.

@OP: Who says you have to join some new denomination? I thought that when 2 or more are gathered in his name... ?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 11:01:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 4:10:17 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 12/18/2014 8:15:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Notice that religion is all about what people want to believe.

Hence is free will, you choose what you want to believe in. If you do or do not believe in God is your thing.

Perhaps, you misunderstood. My point did not refer to wanting or not wanting to believe in gods, but instead, my reference was towards the dogma of what one believes, the specifics of the religion. You yourself made a distinctive list of what the religion must contain as opposed to what the religion actually offers. In other words, you made it about you and what you want.

For example, the Abrahamic god did not carve the Ten Commandments in stone as a list of potential menu items, they were all commandments that must be accepted.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 11:08:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 5:25:04 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/18/2014 8:15:16 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Notice that religion is all about what people want to believe.

Just as atheism is.

So, atheists want to believe in a lack of belief?

For example, the claim from a theist that a man rose from the dead after three days and was seen by others later on is not a claim that can simply be accepted as true for a variety of reasons. By your logic, if I don't accept that as true, it is because I want to not accept it as opposed to reasoning that people don't rise from the dead, a conclusion drawn from medical and biological fact?

Please explain how that works?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 11:15:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/18/2014 7:44:13 AM, lannan13 wrote:

7. I believe that homosexuality is not a sin.

12. I do not believe in the works of John Tetzel.

16. I do not believe in evolution.

17. I believe in Separation of Church and state in order for people to worship freely.

What's interesting is that no religion offers those things, nor are they even mentioned in any scriptures, other than the fact homosexuality is considered a sin. Curious.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth