Jump to topic:

God VS Satan: The Epic Evilness Battle

Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 6:09:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, when reading the Bible, one quickly learns there"s a match between God and Satan to be the main villain. It"s like they are constantly trying to outmatch each other"s evilness and the winner is never clear. On one side we have God, killing people at the same speed I eat popcorn watching this epic battle, on the other side we have Satan, which is honestly all talk in my opinion, I mean, his evilness is but cheap propaganda.

So, WHO do you think is more evil? I think I will go with God for the moment, because of two things:

The Creation of Evil: Satan gave the knowledge of evil to Eve in the form of the forbidden fruit, but God created evil in the first place (why do such a thing?)

People killed: Satan killing or torturing anyone is something really hard to find on the Bible. Apparently, he killed Job"s family, but just after having God"s permission to do it. On the other hand, God"s victims are not possible to calculate, but are estimated on billions, some for committing the smallest offenses like mocking a bald person (lol!).

Comment!
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2014 10:08:00 PM
At 12/18/2014 6:09:43 PM, Otokage wrote:
So, when reading the Bible, one quickly learns there"s a match between God and Satan to be the main villain. It"s like they are constantly trying to outmatch each other"s evilness and the winner is never clear. On one side we have God, killing people at the same speed I eat popcorn watching this epic battle, on the other side we have Satan, which is honestly all talk in my opinion, I mean, his evilness is but cheap propaganda.

So, WHO do you think is more evil? I think I will go with God for the moment, because of two things:

The Creation of Evil: Satan gave the knowledge of evil to Eve in the form of the forbidden fruit, but God created evil in the first place (why do such a thing?)

People killed: Satan killing or torturing anyone is something really hard to find on the Bible. Apparently, he killed Job"s family, but just after having God"s permission to do it. On the other hand, God"s victims are not possible to calculate, but are estimated on billions, some for committing the smallest offenses like mocking a bald person (lol!).

Comment!
Job 2:6 states that Satan was not allowed to take life!

It is purely the biblical god that is responsible for ALL EVIL!

Col. 2:16 confirms this!

&

There are earlier translations that NEVER even mention a ' Satan ' in their narrative e.g. - YLT & the Botchtower EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT!

That's why MCB was confirmed as a malignant LIAR! because he claimed he could sustain his Satanic ideology using ANY biblical texts, but fell apart and went trotting off to the hills after raising his white-flag!
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 5:34:46 AM
At 12/18/2014 10:08:00 PM, Composer wrote:

Comment!
Job 2:6 states that Satan was not allowed to take life!

It is purely the biblical god that is responsible for ALL EVIL!

Col. 2:16 confirms this!

&

There are earlier translations that NEVER even mention a ' Satan ' in their narrative e.g. - YLT & the Botchtower EMPHATIC DIAGLOTT!

That's why MCB was confirmed as a malignant LIAR! because he claimed he could sustain his Satanic ideology using ANY biblical texts, but fell apart and went trotting off to the hills after raising his white-flag!

Yeah. I think it is pretty accepted by historians that Satan didn't exist in the early jewish writtings.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 5:49:21 AM

Comment!

I think Satan needs to get a new publicist or maybe even sue. God has been defaming him forever. Lol.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 5:53:16 AM
At 12/19/2014 5:49:21 AM, dee-em wrote:

Comment!

I think Satan needs to get a new publicist or maybe even sue. God has been defaming him forever. Lol.

Satan is too much of a gentleman to stoop to that level.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 9:43:24 AM
Satan was created to give God an out for causing all of the misery in the world. Even then, God was shown to be weak and a gambler, letting Satan chivvy him into letting Job be tormented. It also shows how cheap human life is to this God since he seems to believe it's ok to kill a man's family as long as he gets a new one that is 10 time larger.

Sorry, guys, but if you are the Alpha and the Omega, YOU are responsible for EVERYTHING that happens.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 10:42:55 AM
At 12/19/2014 9:43:24 AM, dhardage wrote:
Satan was created to give God an out for causing all of the misery in the world. Even then, God was shown to be weak and a gambler, letting Satan chivvy him into letting Job be tormented. It also shows how cheap human life is to this God since he seems to believe it's ok to kill a man's family as long as he gets a new one that is 10 time larger.

Sorry, guys, but if you are the Alpha and the Omega, YOU are responsible for EVERYTHING that happens.

Killing people shouldn't be a big deal to God, as that's simply the end of their physical existence and they then begin to live as spiritual beings. Don't forget that He is the One who determined how long everyone would live on Earth.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2014 10:58:09 AM
At 12/19/2014 10:42:55 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/19/2014 9:43:24 AM, dhardage wrote:

Killing people shouldn't be a big deal to God, as that's simply the end of their physical existence and they then begin to live as spiritual beings. Don't forget that He is the One who determined how long everyone would live on Earth.

So he is exempt from his own rules, his own commandments? Well, I guess he must be and so are his followers when he orders them to invade a neighboring nation and kill everything, man, woman, child, ox, donkey, sheep. Oh, but keep the young virgins for yourselves.