Christians - Can God force me....?

lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 12:20:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Ok
Though I live in the contient of Asia I have never been sexually attracted to Asian women since my childhood. I know Asian women are beautiful women but I have never been attracted to them. I do not hate Asian woman - I am not into them.
I have only been attracted to women of Caucasian race.

So my question is that:
Can God force me to marry an Asian woman or do I have the free will to marry woman from my choice of race ?

Is there a Free Will ?
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 12:23:59 AM
I didn't know God forbid interracial relationships.

I know Biblical God had racist tendencies, but I don't think he mentioned Asians.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 12:25:54 AM
Yes you have free will. Yes i suppose God COULD force you to marry an Asian woman, but he won't, you can marry whoever you want.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 12:47:59 AM
Kinda irrelevant to free will unless you are facing some sort of pressure for arranged marriage. As for a ban itself, Deuteronomy (reiterated in Corinthians) bans it but that had more to do with foreign belief systems of Gentiles than skin type.
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 6:26:30 AM
Biblical God has made no bones (exuse the phrase) about what race or nationality or ethnicity one should marry. He has given you free will and will allow you to exersise it. If you feel as if you are obligated to serve God you might want to pray and ask him if whoever you desire to marry is the one he has for you.
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 6:38:15 AM
At 5/27/2010 12:23:59 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I didn't know God forbid interracial relationships.

I know Biblical God had racist tendencies, but I don't think he mentioned Asians.

What continent you think Israel is on? I'll give you two hints, it ain't Europe and it ain't Africa.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 1:20:46 PM
At 5/27/2010 12:20:13 AM, lastrequest691 wrote:
Ok
Though I live in the contient of Asia I have never been sexually attracted to Asian women since my childhood. I know Asian women are beautiful women but I have never been attracted to them. I do not hate Asian woman - I am not into them.
I have only been attracted to women of Caucasian race.

So my question is that:
Can God force me to marry an Asian woman or do I have the free will to marry woman from my choice of race ?

Is there a Free Will ?

you have free will to marry whoever you want, there is no reason to think otherwise. Though there is free will, the book of Tobit suggest that before creation god has 'set aside' a particular person for you to be with, and he would have likely designed you to be attracted to this person (just guessing that), likely meaning his will is in fact for you to marry a Caucasian woman. But just cause theirs someone 'set aside' for you wouldn't mean you have to end up with them, just like if I 'set aside' my time to debate with you you can skip out of it. It only means its there if you want it, or in this case 'she's there' if you want her.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
whatledge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 2:20:00 PM
To be honest, if God (the omnipotent, omniscient) exists. Then you were already predestined on who you will marry. You merely live under the illusion of free will.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 4:38:07 PM
At 5/27/2010 2:50:00 PM, wolfgangxx wrote:
4 pictures from a quick google image search of "asian girls" on moderate

http://gandt.blogs.brynmawr.edu...
http://www.japanesegirls6000.com...
http://lh4.ggpht.com...
http://newsmn.files.wordpress.com...

I have never heard such blasphemy in my life....

hehehe

wolfgang...

is your racism due to us white guys stealing all 'your' girls :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 5:06:16 PM
At 5/27/2010 4:35:31 PM, Puck wrote:
At 5/27/2010 2:10:02 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Christianity allows interfaith marriage doesn't it?

Nope.
"For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 5:09:41 PM
"Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?"
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 5:10:51 PM
"Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4 for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord’s anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you."
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 5:37:27 PM
At 5/27/2010 5:10:51 PM, Puck wrote:
"Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4 for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you."

Read the book of Deuteronomy. What God was doing was telling his people not to marry the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites because they were not of God. Read the whole thing.

Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. 3Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. 5This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah polesb and burn their idols in the fire. 6For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

There are other verses of God telling his people not to marry certain people, but only because they did not serve him.

Belief =/= Race
kfc
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 5:42:39 PM
At 5/27/2010 5:37:27 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 5/27/2010 5:10:51 PM, Puck wrote:
"Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4 for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you."

Read the book of Deuteronomy. What God was doing was telling his people not to marry the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites because they were not of God. Read the whole thing.

Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. 3Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, 4for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord's anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. 5This is what you are to do to them: Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones, cut down their Asherah polesb and burn their idols in the fire. 6For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

There are other verses of God telling his people not to marry certain people, but only because they did not serve him.

Belief =/= Race

He was talking about religion I think.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 5:47:26 PM
At 5/27/2010 5:42:39 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

He was talking about religion I think.

Yes, I thought I made that clear.

Both Rahab and Ruth, Gentile women of faith were both accepted into the community of believers. They are even in the genealogical line of Jesus.
kfc
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 6:14:41 PM
At 5/27/2010 2:20:00 PM, whatledge wrote:
To be honest, if God (the omnipotent, omniscient) exists. Then you were already predestined on who you will marry. You merely live under the illusion of free will.

You are not "predestined" because God knows the future, if that is what you are referring too. What God knows or "sees" is still based on the decisions YOU make.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 6:50:58 PM

Nope.

its discouraged, but if your married to a non-believer its taught your in a unique good opportunity and should stay married.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
whatledge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:14:36 PM
At 5/27/2010 6:14:41 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 5/27/2010 2:20:00 PM, whatledge wrote:

You are not "predestined" because God knows the future, if that is what you are referring too. What God knows or "sees" is still based on the decisions YOU make.

That is ridiculous. That is like saying that the fate of the protagonist of a book was based on the decisions HE made, which is true, but who decided the decisions and the results of the protagonist? It was the novelist, who is omniscient of the story, omnipotent to manipulate it as he wills, and CREATED the fate and the very existence of the character. If god knows EVERYTHING that implies that he knew all the choices one would make before he was created. Hence he created beings, knowing their choices, and ultimately their fate. If god is an omniscient creator (Which he is), predestination is evident.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:17:41 PM
At 5/27/2010 7:14:36 PM, whatledge wrote:
At 5/27/2010 6:14:41 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

That is ridiculous. That is like saying that the fate of the protagonist of a book was based on the decisions HE made, which is true, but who decided the decisions and the results of the protagonist? It was the novelist, who is omniscient of the story, omnipotent to manipulate it as he wills, and CREATED the fate and the very existence of the character. If god knows EVERYTHING that implies that he knew all the choices one would make before he was created. Hence he created beings, knowing their choices, and ultimately their fate. If god is an omniscient creator (Which he is), predestination is evident.

Agreed 100%.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:22:57 PM

Nope.

Yea that's what I've figured. I was just confirming.
lastrequest691
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:27:01 PM
Then this is it. She is the mother of my future child.
I have been conformed through bible verses that she is the One.

Thank you all for your answer.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:29:29 PM
At 5/27/2010 6:07:10 PM, Puck wrote:
Stuff

Sure, go back a page or two where I say that already.

Just went back and read it, I thought insert said interracial.
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:31:16 PM
At 5/27/2010 7:29:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
Stuff

Lol, no. Interfaith. :P Like if a Christian and a Hindu were to get married.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:33:06 PM
At 5/27/2010 7:31:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Stuff

Yeah, that usually is a bad idea.
kfc
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2010 7:34:56 PM
At 5/27/2010 7:33:06 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 5/27/2010 7:31:16 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Stuff

Yeah, that usually is a bad idea.

They would definitely argue which faith to raise their children in. Haha.