Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

King James Version

tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 2:57:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am Catholic, but lately I have been reading the King James version of the Bible. Some Christians and some denominations say that King James is the only version worth reading. I am curious to know the reason and argument for King James above other versions. Does anyone have an argument for it?
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
Mikal
Posts: 11,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:09:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 2:57:55 PM, tabularasa wrote:
I am Catholic, but lately I have been reading the King James version of the Bible. Some Christians and some denominations say that King James is the only version worth reading. I am curious to know the reason and argument for King James above other versions. Does anyone have an argument for it?

The King James version is probably the worst book to take literally
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:25:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 2:57:55 PM, tabularasa wrote:
I am Catholic, but lately I have been reading the King James version of the Bible. Some Christians and some denominations say that King James is the only version worth reading. I am curious to know the reason and argument for King James above other versions. Does anyone have an argument for it?

The New Revised Standard Version of the Bible by Oxford Press has the following to say in its preface:

"Yet the King James Version has serious defects. By the middle of the nineteenth century, the development of biblical studies and the discovery of many biblical manuscripts more ancient than those on which the King James Version was based made it apparent that these defects were so many as to call for revision."

who says so??
"This Bible (RSV) is the product of thirty two scholars assisted by an advisory committee representing fifty cooperating denominations"
Never fart near dog
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:36:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Kjv bible is the true sword of God. Its always attacked and changed satan and apostates! Jws don't like it. Mormons don't like it 7 days even don't like it. All cults don't like it. Must be the true word of God! Enjoy.
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:50:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The words "translate" and "translated" occur three times in the Bible, and GOD is the Translator each time. The scholars insist that the KJV cannot be infallible, because it is "only a translation." Do you suppose that such scholars have checked II Samuel 3:10, Colossians 1:13, and Hebrews 11:5 to see what GOD has to say about translating?
In II Samuel 3:10 we are told that it was God Who translated Saul's kingdom to David. We are told in Colossians 1:13 that Christians have been translated into the kingdom of Jesus Christ, and Hebrews 11:5 tells us that God translated Enoch that he should not see death. God was the One doing the translating each time. What's the point? The point is that a translation CAN be perfect, if God is involved in the translating.
When the New Testament writers would quote the Old Testament (Mt. 1:23; Mk. 1:2; Lk. 4:4; Jn. 15:25; Acts 1:20; 7:42; I Cor. 2:9; Gal. 3:13, etc.), they had to TRANSLATE from Hebrew to Greek, because the Old Testament was written in Hebrew, but THEY wrote in Greek. So, if a translation cannot be infallible, then EVEN THE NEW TESTAMENT IN THE "ORIGINAL GREEK" ISN'T INFALLIBLE, because it contains translations from the Hebrew text!
Obviously God assisted them in their translating by the leadership of the Holy Spirit, and He assisted the King James translators as well. The scholars will never understand this, for most of them have QUENCHED the Holy Spirit in their own lives by looking to higher education for truth, rather than seeking the Lord's leadership (Jn. 16:13).
The Holy Spirit Who inspired the word of God through "holy men of God" (II Pet. 1:21) is quite capable of guiding His servants to KEEP the words which Jesus told us to keep (Jn. 14:23). In essence, the KJV translators were merely INSTRUMENTS which God used in translating and preserving His word. In fact, they said this themselves in the Dedicatory to the Authorized Version: ". . . . because we are poor instruments to make God's holy truth to be yet more and more known to the people. . . "
I know the King James Bible is the word of God, because God is very capable of using anyone He pleases as His very own instruments of righteousness in order to preserve His word.
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:57:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
300 Changes In The NIV and Other Modern Bible Versions
The following table lists 300 verses that have been changed in the seven most popular versions.
THE SEVEN MOST POPULAR VERSIONS
NI New International Version NAS New American Standard Version
NKJ New King James Version RS Revised Standard Version
NRS New Revised Standard Version LB The Living Bible
NC New Century Version

REM=Removed; CHG=Changed

VERSE DESCRIPTION OF CHANGE CHANGE IN...
Matt. 1:25 REM "Firstborn" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 5:22 REM "without a cause" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 5:44 REM 12 WORDS "bless them that curse you..." NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 6:13 REM LAST 14 WORDS (For thine is the kingdom...) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 6:27 CHG "cubit to his stature" TO "hour to his life" et. al. NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 6:33 REM "of God" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 8:29 REM "Jesus" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 9:13 REM "to repentance" (see also Mark 2:17) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 11:23 REM hell NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 12:6 REM "one greater" TO "something greater" NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 12:35 REM "of the heart" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 12:40 CHG "whale" TO "fish", sea monster NI, NAS, NKJ, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 12:47 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, RS, NRS,
Matt. 13:51 REM "Lord" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 15:8 REM "draweth nigh unto me with their mouth" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 16:3 REM "o ye hypocrites" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 16:18 REM hell NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 16:20 REM "Jesus" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 17:21 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 18:11 REM ENTIRE VERSE (key verse) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 18:26 REM and worshipped him (for Jesus) NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 19:9 REM LAST 11 WORDS NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 19:17 CHG "Why callest thou me good" TO "Why do you ask me about what is good" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 19:17 REM "God" NI, NAS, RS, NRS
Matt. 20:7 REM "and whatsoever is right that shall ye receive" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 20:16 REM "for many be called but few chosen" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 20:20 CHG "worshipping him" TO "kneeling down" NI, NAS, RS, NRS
Matt. 20:22 REM 12 WORDS "baptized with Christ's baptism" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 21:44 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 23:14 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Matt. 23:33 CHG damnation TO condemn, et. al. NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 24:36 ADD "nor the Son" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 24:36 CHG "my Father" TO "the Father" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 25:13 REM "wherein the Son of man cometh" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB
Matt. 27:35 REM LAST 25 WORDS NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 27:54 CHG "the Son of God" TO "a son of God" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 28:2 REM "from the door" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Matt. 28:9 REM "And as they went to tell his disciples" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 1:1 REM the Son of God NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Mark 1:2 CHG "prophets" TO "Isaiah" (blatant LIE) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 1:14 REM "of the kingdom" (gospel ... of God) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 1:31 REM "immediately" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 2:17 REM "to repentance" NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, NC
Mark 3:29 CHG "eternal damnation" TO "eternal sin", et al. NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 6:11 REM LAST 23 WORDS NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Mark 7:8 REM LAST 15 WORDS NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 7:16 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 9:24 REM "Lord" (refers to Jesus) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 9:44 REM ENTIRE VERSE (about hell) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 9:46 REM ENTIRE VERSE (about hell) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 9:49 REM "and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 10:21 REM "take up the cross" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 10:24 REM "for them that trust in riches" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Mark 11:10 REM "that cometh in the name of the Lord NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 11:26 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 12:23 REM "when they shall rise" NI, RS, NRS, LB,
Mark 12:40 CHG greater damnation TO punished most severely", greater condemnation" NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 13:6 CHG I am Christ TO I am He, the One NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 13:14 REM "spoken of by Daniel the prophet" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 13:33 REM "and pray" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 14:68 REM "and the cock crew" NI, NAS, RS
Mark 15:28 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Mark 16:9-20 REM ENTIRE LAST 12 VERSES of Mark 16! NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 1:28 REM "blessed art thou among women" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 2:14 CHG good will toward men TO to men on whom his favor rests" et al NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 2:22 CHG "her" TO "their" (makes Jesus a sinner) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Luke 2:33 CHG "Joseph" TO "his father" (attacks virgin birth) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Luke 2:43 CHG "Joseph and his mother" TO "parents" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 4:4 REM "but by every word of God" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 4:8 REM "get thee behind me, Satan" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 4:18 REM 8 WORDS "he hath sent me to heal..." NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Luke 4:41 REM "Christ" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 6:48 CHG "founded upon a rock" TO "well built" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 9:54 REM "even as Elijah did" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 9:55 REM 9 WORDS "ye know not what manner of spirit..." NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 9:56 REM FIRST 16 WORDS For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them." NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 9:57 REM Lord NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 10:15 REM hell NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, NC
Luke 11:2 REM 15 WORDS from Lords prayer NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 11:4 REM but deliver us from evil (Lord's prayer) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 11:29 REM "the prophet" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 16:23 REM "hell" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 17:36 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 21:4 REM "cast in unto the offerings of God" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 21:8 CHG I am Christ TO I am He, the One NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 22:64 REM "they struck him on the face" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
Luke 23:17 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 23:38 REM "letters of Greek,Latin, Hebrew" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 23:42 REM "Lord" (thief on the cross - getting saved!) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
Luke 24:6 REM "He is not here, but is risen" RS, NRS
Luke 24:49 REM "of Jerusalem" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB
John 1:14, 18 REM "begotten"(refers to Jesus) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 1:27 REM "is preferred before me" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 3:13 REM "which is in heaven" (refers to Jesus) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 3:15 REM "should not perish" (believeth in him...) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 3:16 REM "begotten" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 3:18 REM "begotten" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 4:24 CHG God is a Spirit TO God is Spirit NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 4:42 REM "the Christ" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 5:3 REM LAST 7 WORDS NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 5:4 REM ENTIRE VERSE NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 5:16 REM "and sought to slay him" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 5:29 CHG damnation TO condemn, judgement NI, NAS, NKJ, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 6:47 REM "on Me" (He that believeth...) NI, NAS, RS, NRS, NC
John 6:69 CHG "Christ, the Son of the living God" TO "Holy One of God" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 7:53-8:11 REM VERSES 7:53 - 8:11 NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 8;9 REM "being convicted by their own conscience" NI, NAS, RS, NRS, LB, NC
John 8:47 REM "heareth God's
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 3:59:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 3:36:02 PM, Rant wrote:
The Kjv bible is the true sword of God. Its always attacked and changed satan and apostates! Jws don't like it. Mormons don't like it 7 days even don't like it. All cults don't like it. Must be the true word of God! Enjoy.

So much hate. Satan inspires hate. Surely you must be a follower of Satan. Who shall join the cult of Rant?
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 4:04:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 2:57:55 PM, tabularasa wrote:
I am Catholic, but lately I have been reading the King James version of the Bible. Some Christians and some denominations say that King James is the only version worth reading. I am curious to know the reason and argument for King James above other versions. Does anyone have an argument for it?

Technically, one version of the Bible is as good as another. Unless you're atheist, in which case you might say one is as bad as another. I prefer the KJV because I'm something of a traditionalist. That, and the KJV has very expressive language.

Some versions tend to be a bit biased in interpretation, but then I could be accused of misinterpreting that bias.

Bottom line, if you want to read the Bible, read the one with which you are most comfortable.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 4:06:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book." But The cult religions are working very hard on taking and putting their gods words in the true sword of God.
Rant
Posts: 1,674
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 4:17:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In our day there is the belief in "progressive revelation" that originates from outside the Word. What right does anyone have to teach what is not in Scripture as if it is Scripture? False teachers do not want to submit to its original intent, so they do not seek what Scripture actually (exegesis) means, instead, they conform it to what they want it to mean (isogesis). They will look to another source as their authority because they are not under God"s authority. This is why Paul admonishes us in 1 Corinthians 4:6: "not to think beyond what is written" (exceed or go past). Why? So pride will not have an opportunity to operate and puff us up. It is pride that makes one participate in false doctrine which makes him spiritually destructive to himself and others who listen to him.
The reason God is so adamant on this is because "The entirety of Your word is truth" (Psalms 119: 160). Proverbs 30:5-6: "Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in Him."
If we look at the context it saying "Every word of God." God is stating for MAN not to add to his words. Adding does not only mean additional words, but can also mean changing them to mean what they do not. When you add new words as equal to Scripture you are really taking away from Scripture
tabularasa
Posts: 200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2014 5:06:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/20/2014 3:36:02 PM, Rant wrote:
The Kjv bible is the true sword of God. Its always attacked and changed satan and apostates! Jws don't like it. Mormons don't like it 7 days even don't like it. All cults don't like it. Must be the true word of God! Enjoy.

I am already! The language is very beautiful.
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.