Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Who is to say which religion is the only one?

wdodd286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 6:17:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I believe in whatever religion that makes you a better person, kind, loving, considerate of others and their beliefs, respectful to others who may be less fortunate and most importantly strives to make the world a better place for everyone! I prefer to believe the creation of life was a combination of both God (or whatever majestic entity you personally believe in) as this. Someone or something was watching over the creation of life and our planet and all was good. If it was the big bang its outcome was guided by someone or some higher power than man. Anything touched or altered by man is imperfect. You have the ability to set the course of man every day with each decision you make. Make good decisions and take reasonability for your actions. Make the world a better one person at a time, starting with your actions. Treat everyone with respect and kindness. The way you would like to be treated.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 6:38:23 PM
At 12/22/2014 6:17:57 PM, wdodd286 wrote:
I believe in whatever religion that makes you a better person, kind, loving, considerate of others and their beliefs, respectful to others who may be less fortunate and most importantly strives to make the world a better place for everyone! I prefer to believe the creation of life was a combination of both God (or whatever majestic entity you personally believe in) as this. Someone or something was watching over the creation of life and our planet and all was good. If it was the big bang its outcome was guided by someone or some higher power than man. Anything touched or altered by man is imperfect. You have the ability to set the course of man every day with each decision you make. Make good decisions and take reasonability for your actions. Make the world a better one person at a time, starting with your actions. Treat everyone with respect and kindness. The way you would like to be treated.

A better person compared to what?
A better world compared to what?
Life itself watches over life.
God has apparently been "touched" by man. Does that make God imperfect?
Respect and kindness includes walking people out of their delusions and making them face the truth whether they like it or not.
It is loving and kind to wake people up and make them aware of the deception in the world.
It is not loving or caring to let a deceived person remain deceived because you don't want to offend them or hurt their feelings and beliefs by telling them the truth.
wdodd286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 6:54:39 PM
At 12/22/2014 6:38:23 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Respect and kindness includes walking people out of their delusions and making them face the truth whether they like it or not.
It is loving and kind to wake people up and make them aware of the deception in the world.
It is not loving or caring to let a deceived person remain deceived because you don't want to offend them or hurt their feelings and beliefs by telling them the truth.

Whos TRUTH? Truth is individual depending on the environment they are accustom too!
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 8:21:22 PM
At 12/22/2014 6:54:39 PM, wdodd286 wrote:

Whos TRUTH? Truth is individual depending on the environment they are accustom too!

The truth that you think they are deluded or self deceived as the case may be.
If you suspect someone needs psychological help is it better to avoid the subject or face them with it?

Religion tends to make some people believe they are God. Do you think their family should get professional help for them or just ignore their delusions?
PLEASESTOPLYING
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 9:11:15 PM
At 12/22/2014 6:54:39 PM, wdodd286 wrote:

That is where you are so so so wrong. BS like religious belief is dependent upon the environment you are accustomed to. If you were born in this country you would have almost certainly have this religion if born over there you would have that religion, still if you were born in certain areas you would have more than likely have NO RELIGION

the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second no matter where you are - US , Britain, Italy, Israel, or the deepest jungle in Africa , whether you are Christian Sikh Buddhist Mormon, muslim ---- WHY - because it is the TRUTH a fact not a belief
the same goes for all universal constants they are the same wherever you go

as for the TRUTH of religion - it changes when you cross the street. catholic on 1st street Baptist on 2nd, Jehovah witness next door, muslim upstairs, scientologist around the corner - how is that possible because SIMPLE: NONE OF IT IS TRUE. which means you can make up any god and or religion you wish and then you can give that god any power or ability that your imagination can dream up.

in a court of law the goal is to obtain the truth, a lawyers job is to cross up the witness and thus strengthen his case, or weaken his opponents case because the witness changes his story. Ask any lawyer if this is possible when a witness is telling the absolute truth.
truth and religion should never be used in the same sentence.
Did anyone ever disprove the existence of ZEUS?
wdodd286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 9:15:18 PM
The truth that you think they are deluded or self deceived as the case may be.
If you suspect someone needs psychological help is it better to avoid the subject or face them with it?

Religion tends to make some people believe they are God. Do you think their family should get professional help for them or just ignore their delusions?

What are you talking about? I am not a mental health professional! I read part of your public profile and we are not that different in our opinions! The difference on this site between you and I is. I am not trying to convince anyone that my beliefs are the only answer. I believe nature is the controlling factor on this earth and what we think is not important. As long you are a positive creature on this planet and live by (Do no harm) and live by setting the example I think your on the righteous path regardless of your religion!