Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Does God Exist???

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 8:39:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.

There is no evidence of any existence of invisible supernatural characters in reality.
The only evidence you will find for them is in the fiction and religion sections of the library.

The concept called God exists in this world. Religion is evidence of it.

If God is love like the bible claims he is, then God exists as much as love exists and God must be the same emotion and attitude as love.

It all depends on how you define the word God.
hayhen13
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 8:41:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 8:39:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.


There is no evidence of any existence of invisible supernatural characters in reality.
The only evidence you will find for them is in the fiction and religion sections of the library.

The concept called God exists in this world. Religion is evidence of it.

If God is love like the bible claims he is, then God exists as much as love exists and God must be the same emotion and attitude as love.

It all depends on how you define the word God.

Thank you for that response. It is finally a response that has made me think. Thank you very much
hayhen13
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 8:42:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So you are defining that God is a emotion and lives in people's minds? That God cannot exist if human's don't exist?
YassineB
Posts: 1,003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2014 9:12:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.

-> Is that a serious question or do you just wanna chat.
Current Debates In Voting Period:

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:
http://www.debate.org...

- Drawing Contest. Vs. @purpleduck:
http://www.debate.org...

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:33:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 8:42:46 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
So you are defining that God is a emotion and lives in people's minds? That God cannot exist if human's don't exist?

If humans did not exist, no fairy tales of any kind would exist but Life in other forms would still exist.
I doubt any animals would be performing religious rituals to any gods or making up stories of any kind.

I think people made up supernatural gods in order to tell interesting stories about human attitudes.
God is an anthropomorphism.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

The bible God is defined in many different ways not just as Love.
There is a list on
http://carm.org...

The problem is that most people perceive God as an invisible supernatural character and attribute all the listed things to aspects of his character.

Personally I see it differently because I don't believe supernatural characters exist.
In my mind it is far more logical to perceive God as a personification of life, as a way of life in which anyone can choose to live. That way of life includes all the above listed attributes which can be in people and in life in general.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:38:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.

There is no evidence he doesn't exist.
hayhen13
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:38:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 4:38:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.

There is no evidence he doesn't exist.

Uh yeah there is. Almost all of the known laws of the universe prove that he cannot exist. A dead body cannot come back alive unless through magic. We know magic doesn't exist.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:39:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 10:38:40 AM, hayhen13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:38:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.

There is no evidence he doesn't exist.

Uh yeah there is. Almost all of the known laws of the universe prove that he cannot exist. A dead body cannot come back alive unless through magic. We know magic doesn't exist.

What would dead bodies coming to life have to do with anything?
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:18:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/22/2014 8:39:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.


There is no evidence of any existence of invisible supernatural characters in reality.
The only evidence you will find for them is in the fiction and religion sections of the library.

The concept called God exists in this world. Religion is evidence of it.

If God is love like the bible claims he is, then God exists as much as love exists and God must be the same emotion and attitude as love.

It all depends on how you define the word God.

The love of God has nothing to do with the way humans describe an emotion called love. The love of God is His invisible creation ( consciousness, or mind ) where we all exist as information. We are living His love and once we understand what the love of God is, all our fears are removed because we learn that what we're observing in this world isn't our true reality. We've always been in God since we were conceived in His thoughts. This means we were all born in His spirit and not of this world. Our bodies appeared to look real as they are born of a womb but that's not who we really are in God. We're only observing illusions ( flesh ) that aren't real at all.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:00:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 11:18:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:39:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.


There is no evidence of any existence of invisible supernatural characters in reality.
The only evidence you will find for them is in the fiction and religion sections of the library.

The concept called God exists in this world. Religion is evidence of it.

If God is love like the bible claims he is, then God exists as much as love exists and God must be the same emotion and attitude as love.

It all depends on how you define the word God.

The love of God has nothing to do with the way humans describe an emotion called love. The love of God is His invisible creation ( consciousness, or mind ) where we all exist as information. We are living His love and once we understand what the love of God is, all our fears are removed because we learn that what we're observing in this world isn't our true reality. We've always been in God since we were conceived in His thoughts. This means we were all born in His spirit and not of this world. Our bodies appeared to look real as they are born of a womb but that's not who we really are in God. We're only observing illusions ( flesh ) that aren't real at all.

That's why no one takes any notice of you Brad. You are not real and you don't live in reality. You are just an illusion who is fooling yourself about your own existence.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:39:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 3:00:12 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 11:18:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:39:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.


There is no evidence of any existence of invisible supernatural characters in reality.
The only evidence you will find for them is in the fiction and religion sections of the library.

The concept called God exists in this world. Religion is evidence of it.

If God is love like the bible claims he is, then God exists as much as love exists and God must be the same emotion and attitude as love.

It all depends on how you define the word God.

The love of God has nothing to do with the way humans describe an emotion called love. The love of God is His invisible creation ( consciousness, or mind ) where we all exist as information. We are living His love and once we understand what the love of God is, all our fears are removed because we learn that what we're observing in this world isn't our true reality. We've always been in God since we were conceived in His thoughts. This means we were all born in His spirit and not of this world. Our bodies appeared to look real as they are born of a womb but that's not who we really are in God. We're only observing illusions ( flesh ) that aren't real at all.

That's why no one takes any notice of you Brad. You are not real and you don't live in reality. You are just an illusion who is fooling yourself about your own existence.

I can easily see that you didn't know what the love of God was.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 8:08:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:39:23 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/23/2014 3:00:12 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 11:18:37 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:39:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.


There is no evidence of any existence of invisible supernatural characters in reality.
The only evidence you will find for them is in the fiction and religion sections of the library.

The concept called God exists in this world. Religion is evidence of it.

If God is love like the bible claims he is, then God exists as much as love exists and God must be the same emotion and attitude as love.

It all depends on how you define the word God.

The love of God has nothing to do with the way humans describe an emotion called love. The love of God is His invisible creation ( consciousness, or mind ) where we all exist as information. We are living His love and once we understand what the love of God is, all our fears are removed because we learn that what we're observing in this world isn't our true reality. We've always been in God since we were conceived in His thoughts. This means we were all born in His spirit and not of this world. Our bodies appeared to look real as they are born of a womb but that's not who we really are in God. We're only observing illusions ( flesh ) that aren't real at all.

That's why no one takes any notice of you Brad. You are not real and you don't live in reality. You are just an illusion who is fooling yourself about your own existence.

I can easily see that you didn't know what the love of God was.

Neither do you. You don't have a clue in reality Brad. You only think you do.

If everything is just an illusion like you seem to believe it is then any love of God is an illusion, God is an illusion, the voice of God is an illusion and you are also nothing but a self deluded fool who thinks he is God. You are your own greatest illusion who believes your own delusions. You obviously don't live in any kind of true reality. You are lost in your false reality. That is the same as being lost in your own fantasies Brad. Get some professional help. You obviously need it.
hayhen13
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 7:02:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 10:39:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/23/2014 10:38:40 AM, hayhen13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:38:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.

There is no evidence he doesn't exist.

Uh yeah there is. Almost all of the known laws of the universe prove that he cannot exist. A dead body cannot come back alive unless through magic. We know magic doesn't exist.

What would dead bodies coming to life have to do with anything?

Jesus being resurrected from death in the New testament. He is a zombie now.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2014 7:03:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/25/2014 7:02:05 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 10:39:33 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/23/2014 10:38:40 AM, hayhen13 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:38:52 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/22/2014 8:34:48 PM, hayhen13 wrote:
Provide evidence to prove that God does, or does not exist.

There is no evidence he doesn't exist.

Uh yeah there is. Almost all of the known laws of the universe prove that he cannot exist. A dead body cannot come back alive unless through magic. We know magic doesn't exist.

What would dead bodies coming to life have to do with anything?

Jesus being resurrected from death in the New testament. He is a zombie now.

If you say so.