Mormon Articles of faith - a critque.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:05:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
A series of questions for Mormons on the 13 Articles of Faith

We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

Great, but what do you believe about them?

Do you know they even know God's name? Nowhere is it mentioned in these articles of faith and it should be the first and most important thing.

Who or what is God's son?

Who or what is Jesus Christ?

What, not who, is holy spirit?

What scripture do you support these with?

We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam"s transgression.

What do you believe that punishment is?

We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

OK, but sio do most false faiths.

We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

No mention at all of the most important part, the part Christ spent 42 punishing months trying to impress on people. No mention of faith in his father.

We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

There are no longer any with the authority for teh laying on of hands. The last of teh Apostles died in or around 98 C. E. And there is no preisthood on earth, according to scripture.

We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

This speaks of a heirarchy which cannot exist in the true Christian Church. There are no Apostles, their work was done in the 1st century, and we have the written record of it in scrture. We need nothing more.

All Christians are, and have to be, ministers, and to spend what tme they can gathering other prospective mnisters into the fold. Therefore all Christians are evangelists after the manner of all true followes of Christ when on earth and since.

What is "and so forth"?

We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

Scripture says that these will cease, and did, with the death of the last Apostle.

We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

As far as the Bible goes you are correct, despuite the efforts of Apostates to twist it.

As for th book of Mormon, I will let scripture answer.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
ASV(i) 16 Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness. 17 That the man of God may be complete, furnished completely unto every good work.

Nothing more is needed. The book of Mormon is unscriptural.

We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

Scripture tells us all we need to know for the future, njothing more is needed.

We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

Literal Israel died out long before Christ even came to earth and will never be restored into God's favour. ONly teh tribe of Judah was proteected by God, and they were protected only to protect the line of the Messiah.

Christ and the Apostles after him formed the few remaining faithful into Spirtual Israel, the "Israel of God". As the list of tribes in Revelation shows, this is not literal Israel. They eventually became known as "Christians" before the foretold Apostasy set in at the end of teh 1st century.

We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

No man can claim that privilege, it is one which can only be granted by God and his son.

The time for worshipping " how, where, or what they may." granted at Revelastion 22:11 is soon to end, and only true worsuhip will remain on the earth.

We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

Yes, but only in anything whihc does not offend the laws and principles of God, or make us once again a part of this world ruled by Satan.

Loyalty to God and his son must come above all else, including our own lives.

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul-We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Well yu got that one right, but you forgot what Christ quoted as the two most important laws in scripture.

"You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart, mind and being."

and

"You must love your fellow man as yourself".

As Christ said. Those two fulfil all of the law and prophets, and are still incumbent on all who follow Christ in his teaching of them.

I apologiuse for the lack of scripture in support oif this, but I will happily supply the necessary scriptures in support of anything anyone wishes to question.

Everything I say has full scriptural support, which is more than can be said for much of the "13 articles of faith".

Joel 2:32
ASV(i) 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as Jehovah hath said, and among the remnant those whom Jehovah doth call.

That is a scripture quoited by Paul at Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13.

He also said:

Romans 10:11-15
ASV(i) 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be put to shame. 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek: for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich unto all that call upon him: 13 for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 and how shall they preach, except they be sent? even as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that bring glad tidings of good things!

Ask yourselves? Hwo is carrying on the work of making God's name known as Jesus did so that they can call on God's name at need?

John 17:26
ASV(i) 26 and I made known unto them thy name, and will make it known; that the love wherewith thou lovedst me may be in them, and I in them.

God has only ever had the one name, and Christ spent his ministry making that name known to his people.

Despite all that has been done since, at Satan's behest, to hide it. God's name, which in English is Jehovah, is being made known earth wide, in all it's language variations, by those who truly serve him, and truly follow his son.

They are, as Christ foretold, and in full obedience to him, preaching "This Good News of the Kingdom" in al the inhabited Earth, for a witness to all Nations" before the end comes.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:36:28 AM
I notice that MCB didn't bother to condemn the name "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" as unauthorized by God.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:46:09 AM
No Christian can answer these questions because they do not possess the knowledge of God to give the correct answers.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:56:01 AM
How funny is it that a discombulated jehovian is critiquing mormons.
Fuking hilarious.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 8:04:17 AM
At 12/23/2014 7:36:28 AM, annanicole wrote:
I notice that MCB didn't bother to condemn the name "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" as unauthorized by God.

Why should I? It is no more m,y place than yours to say what God authorises or not. I let scripture and truth do my talking as far as that goes.

Anyway, the name is unimportant, it si teh teachigns that mark them out as false.

I'm not Pharisaical like you.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 8:06:28 AM
At 12/23/2014 7:56:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
Fuking hilarious.

I'm glad you think funny, you may as well enjoy what little of ife you have left if you continue as you are, though I am sorry you feel the need to stoopp to Kindergarten gutter language to express yuorself.

Still can't really expect anything else from someone with such a limited command of English or American I guess.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 8:13:07 AM
At 12/23/2014 8:06:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Fuking hilarious.

I'm glad you think funny, you may as well enjoy what little of ife you have left if you continue as you are, though I am sorry you feel the need to stoopp to Kindergarten gutter language to express yuorself.

Still can't really expect anything else from someone with such a limited command of English or American I guess.

You used F*ck in kindergarten? Was your mother an uncouth SLUT? It would seem so.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 8:32:41 AM
At 12/23/2014 8:04:17 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Why should I? It is no more m,y place than yours to say what God authorises or not. I let scripture and truth do my talking as far as that goes.

Do you mean to tell us that you cannot take a NT in hand and determine what God does and does not authorize in Christian faith, worship, and practice. Never mind, I know the answer to that: no, you can't. Others can, but no, you can't.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:51:46 AM
At 12/23/2014 8:32:41 AM, annanicole wrote:

Do you mean to tell us that you cannot take a NT in hand and determine what God does and does not authorize in Christian faith, worship, and practice. Never mind, I know the answer to that: no, you can't. Others can, but no, you can't.

Oh yes, I can easily do so. Their teachings reve3al that, and are the only thing that does.

If, like the JWs and I, they teach what Christ and the Apostles taught, they are authorised.

If not, like you, they are not. simple as that.

There is no other authority needed than scriptrue. I have it, you don't get with it or get over it.

Names are unimportant, it is deeds, and the name you get for yourself with God that counts.

So far, mine remains OK.

So far, so good, as they say.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 10:53:51 AM
At 12/23/2014 8:13:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/23/2014 8:06:28 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Fuking hilarious.

You used F*ck in kindergarten? Was your mother an uncouth SLUT? It would seem so.

No, neither my mother nor father swore at all, though my father did go as far as "ruddy heck".

I picked it up off otehr children and momons like you who didn't know any better. I scrapped it as I started to grow up and learn English.

Shame you have done neither.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 11:26:57 AM
At 12/23/2014 10:51:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Oh yes, I can easily do so. Their teachings reve3al that, and are the only thing that does.

If, like the JWs and I, they teach what Christ and the Apostles taught, they are authorised.

If not, like you, they are not. simple as that.

There is no other authority needed than scriptrue. I have it, you don't get with it or get over it.

This sentence above is a complete lie. No scripture is an authority. Only our invisible Creator is the authority and author of life, not a book with words in it that was produced by antichrists who didn't know God. None of God's people knows that antichrists added their religious ideas to the original writings and spoken words by God's prophets and saints. Antichrists stole the original testimonies of God's servants and used them for their own benefit. They were the ones who had all the saints and most of the prophets killed. The Bible was produced by the Vatican boys who hated the Truth and used their new testament filled with religious ideas to enslave all their Christians into building false gods for them.

Names are unimportant, it is deeds, and the name you get for yourself with God that counts.

So far, mine remains OK.

So far, so good, as they say.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 12:34:36 PM

Oh yes, I can easily do so.

Then anyone can.

Cite the scripture that says that names are unimportant.
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 1:03:58 PM
The Mormon Church is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints.
My name back then wasn't Jesus-
I had a Hebrew name, pronounced Yeshua.
"Thou Shalt not lie. "
The Book of Mormon contains the Fictional story of an early Judaic/ Christian
civilization in the Americas.
There is virtually no evidence that such a civilization ever existed.
Mormons are Crazy, Lying, Lunatics- NOT Christians.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 1:08:11 PM
At 12/23/2014 12:34:36 PM, annanicole wrote:

Then anyone can.

Of course. That's how I know how wrong your teachigns are. It is one of the many pruposes scripture was given us for.

Matthew 7:21-23
ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

They may well be calling themselves Christian, but that is unimportant because it is their deeds and teachigns that prove they are not true to it.

If it is true that calling yourself Christina means nothing, as that scripture tells us, then it doesn't matter what you call yourselfr as long as you are doping God's will

Like the JWs are.

Fortunately God and Christ are practical, not pedantic, after all they accepted Spiritual Israel being called Christian despite it having no authoritative provenance, in fact, no provenance at all. All scripture says is that it was in Antioch that they were first called Christian. No source, nothing, just that.

However all God and Christ were worried about was that the Apostles and those they recruited were doing, as Jesus said in Matthew, doing God's will.

As the JWs demonstrably are. Like I said before, it's the truth, get into it or get over it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 1:09:11 PM
At 12/23/2014 1:03:58 PM, Vajrasattva-LeRoy wrote:
The Mormon Church is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints.
My name back then wasn't Jesus-
I had a Hebrew name, pronounced Yeshua.
"Thou Shalt not lie. "
The Book of Mormon contains the Fictional story of an early Judaic/ Christian
civilization in the Americas.
There is virtually no evidence that such a civilization ever existed.
Mormons are Crazy, Lying, Lunatics- NOT Christians.

"I"?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 3:33:18 PM
At 12/23/2014 1:08:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Then anyone can.

Of course.

Then quit saying, "It is no more my place than yours to say what God authorises or not." Anyone can take a New Testament and determine whether an article of faith, or a practice, or an item of worship, or a name is authorized by God.

ASV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

They may well be calling themselves Christian, but that is unimportant because it is their deeds and teachigns that prove they are not true to it.

The passage doesn't even mention the name Christian, or any other name utilized by followers of Christ.

If it is true that calling yourself Christina means nothing, as that scripture tells us, then it doesn't matter what you call yourselfr as long as you are doping God's will

You need to prove that, and Matt 7 does not even come close to mentioning "what you call yourself."

Try it again.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:02:39 PM
At 12/23/2014 3:33:18 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 12/23/2014 1:08:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Then anyone can.

Of course.

Then quit saying, "It is no more my place than yours to say what God authorises or not." Anyone can take a New Testament and determine whether an article of faith, or a practice, or an item of worship, or a name is authorized by God.

The passage doesn't even mention the name Christian, or any other name utilized by followers of Christ.

It says that they did these thigns in Jesus name, that is precisely teh same thing.

If it is true that calling yourself Christina means nothing, as that scripture tells us, then it doesn't matter what you call yourself as long as you are doing God's will

You need to prove that, and Matt 7 does not even come close to mentioning "what you call yourself."

Try it again.

Actually, much as you will refuse to admit it, or find anotherr eason to wriggle, it does, It says " Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out demons, and by thy name do many mighty works?"

Anyone doing anything in Jesus name is calling themselves Christian. Sorry but as always you are completely wrong.

It also proves that it is what you teach and do that matters, there is only the one criteria, doing the will of Jesus father, Jehovah.