Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

WHY gods?

bulproof
Posts: 25,290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 9:11:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

I don't know. Maybe they're like Lays potato chips: Nobody can worship just one.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:32:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because humans are creative people. It is part of human nature to create what we imagine.
They like to personify and deify the abstract qualities of humans and nature in general.
They communicate their thoughts and experiences in many different ways including abstract art, music, allegories, superstitions, myths, etc.
Fantasy is part of human reality. We are fantastic creatures.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:38:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 4:32:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because humans are creative people. It is part of human nature to create what we imagine.
They like to personify and deify the abstract qualities of humans and nature in general.
They communicate their thoughts and experiences in many different ways including abstract art, music, allegories, superstitions, myths, etc.
Fantasy is part of human reality. We are fantastic creatures.

We are frightened creatures, scared to death of the unknown and needing some way to try to control it so we create mythical beings and try to somehow satiate them so our lives are less troublesome. As with any drama, there are good guys and bad guys but it's all about being a frightened child. Time to grow up.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:45:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 4:38:04 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:32:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because humans are creative people. It is part of human nature to create what we imagine.
They like to personify and deify the abstract qualities of humans and nature in general.
They communicate their thoughts and experiences in many different ways including abstract art, music, allegories, superstitions, myths, etc.
Fantasy is part of human reality. We are fantastic creatures.

We are frightened creatures, scared to death of the unknown and needing some way to try to control it so we create mythical beings and try to somehow satiate them so our lives are less troublesome. As with any drama, there are good guys and bad guys but it's all about being a frightened child. Time to grow up.

Frightened children will always exist because humans keep reproducing them and the adults pass their own fears on to their children.

Overcoming fear takes time and some never manage to overcome their fears.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 4:48:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 4:45:08 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:38:04 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:32:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because humans are creative people. It is part of human nature to create what we imagine.
They like to personify and deify the abstract qualities of humans and nature in general.
They communicate their thoughts and experiences in many different ways including abstract art, music, allegories, superstitions, myths, etc.
Fantasy is part of human reality. We are fantastic creatures.

We are frightened creatures, scared to death of the unknown and needing some way to try to control it so we create mythical beings and try to somehow satiate them so our lives are less troublesome. As with any drama, there are good guys and bad guys but it's all about being a frightened child. Time to grow up.

Frightened children will always exist because humans keep reproducing them and the adults pass their own fears on to their children.

Overcoming fear takes time and some never manage to overcome their fears.

You take the prize. It's the adults infecting their children, who have no natural resistance to the indoctrination. As long a that keeps happening we will, as a race, continue to discriminate, persecute, even kill one another over who believes what. I hope we survive our childhood.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 5:25:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is left up to those who have overcome their fears to teach others how to do likewise. No man can teach someone else how to do something they cannot do themselves.
o0jeannie0o
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 5:30:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

the human brain is hard wired to find a reason or a what will happen for everything?

I figure when people couldn't think of a better reason (or use an instrument to do so) they would just assume a god did it. When there is no rational reason for things its easy to explain away with "magic".
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 5:44:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because people needed explanation for things they couldn't understand at the time.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 5:56:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

How do you know mankind has been doing that "before" recorded history?

Can you provide objective scientific evidence from before "recorded" history where mankind was worshiping a god or gods?
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:35:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

I believe ancient men struggled with the idea that nature could be into motion without having a will. When you don't understand the physical laws behind nature, it is easier to think it has a will, and it is therefore an entity. Once they moved to this "nature is an entity" concept, they thought that it should be possible to communicate with nature, and if this was possible, it would be wise to worship it in order to prevent natural disasters, have more plants to crop and animals to hunt, etc.

On the other hand, I found this sentence on a comic I like:

"It is natural for the inferior to place their faith in someone more powerful than them. But in order to escape the pressure, the ones burdened with that trust will eventually seek someone even greater than themselves, and create a neverending chain... This is how all kings are born. This is how all Gods are born."
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:47:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 6:35:46 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

I believe ancient men struggled with the idea that nature could be into motion without having a will. When you don't understand the physical laws behind nature, it is easier to think it has a will, and it is therefore an entity. Once they moved to this "nature is an entity" concept, they thought that it should be possible to communicate with nature, and if this was possible, it would be wise to worship it in order to prevent natural disasters, have more plants to crop and animals to hunt, etc.

On the other hand, I found this sentence on a comic I like:

"It is natural for the inferior to place their faith in someone more powerful than them. But in order to escape the pressure, the ones burdened with that trust will eventually seek someone even greater than themselves, and create a neverending chain... This is how all kings are born. This is how all Gods are born."

Your quote above is excellent! I have read a couple of books by PhD's in religion on the origins of religion , and they basically say the same thing.
Otokage
Posts: 2,352
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:52:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 6:47:37 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 6:35:46 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

I believe ancient men struggled with the idea that nature could be into motion without having a will. When you don't understand the physical laws behind nature, it is easier to think it has a will, and it is therefore an entity. Once they moved to this "nature is an entity" concept, they thought that it should be possible to communicate with nature, and if this was possible, it would be wise to worship it in order to prevent natural disasters, have more plants to crop and animals to hunt, etc.

On the other hand, I found this sentence on a comic I like:

"It is natural for the inferior to place their faith in someone more powerful than them. But in order to escape the pressure, the ones burdened with that trust will eventually seek someone even greater than themselves, and create a neverending chain... This is how all kings are born. This is how all Gods are born."

Your quote above is excellent! I have read a couple of books by PhD's in religion on the origins of religion , and they basically say the same thing.

Thank you! I always liked that quotation. Nice to know the same idea is shared by professionals in those fields :)
Cassius
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 6:54:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't think you're gonna explain the origin of religion in a cheap, pseudo-witty one-liner.
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:01:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

God recorded everything before man started recording anything. Every little act of cruelty, every little evil imagination, every little lie or theft is recorded history and everything you have ever said, done, or imagined you owe God for the time you used to do it. Since you have done it agaisnt God, and the effects of what you have done are history that cannot be changed or erased, eternally testifying against you, your existence in rebellion agasint God can only be justified in Hell. Why do you keep fighting against God? You are opposing yourself when God is trying to get hold of you to save you from Hell. God loves you and wants you to trust Him to save you from Hell.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,636
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:06:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:01:31 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
God can only be justified in Hell. to save you from Hell. to save you from Hell.

We want to hear more about hell. Tell us more.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:11:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 6:54:40 PM, Cassius wrote:
I don't think you're gonna explain the origin of religion in a cheap, pseudo-witty one-liner.

Emotional pacification and the illusion of control.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:15:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 6:54:40 PM, Cassius wrote:
I don't think you're gonna explain the origin of religion in a cheap, pseudo-witty one-liner.

You COULD go to your local public library and do your own research on the origins of religion , or you could remain willfully ignorant.

And I plainly said "books" not one-liners.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:20:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:01:31 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

God recorded everything before man started recording anything. Every little act of cruelty, every little evil imagination, every little lie or theft is recorded history and everything you have ever said, done, or imagined you owe God for the time you used to do it. Since you have done it agaisnt God, and the effects of what you have done are history that cannot be changed or erased, eternally testifying against you, your existence in rebellion agasint God can only be justified in Hell. Why do you keep fighting against God? You are opposing yourself when God is trying to get hold of you to save you from Hell. God loves you and wants you to trust Him to save you from Hell.

If what you say is true, then THIS is the very best that God can do. And if that's true, then heaven is no better.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Emilrose
Posts: 2,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:21:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 5:44:23 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because people needed explanation for things they couldn't understand at the time.

Worship has also played a fundamental part, historically more so than the need for "explanation" of the universe/existence etc.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:21:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:06:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:01:31 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

We want to hear more about hell. Tell us more.

You need to hear more about it since you are on thin ice that is being licked by Hell's flames. You don't deserve to live and God cannot justify your existence outside of the fire of Hell except that if your debt is satisfied by God Himself who took your place in death as Jesus Christ to save you from Hell. You are in the first death now, a temporary death, under death penalty and unable to escape any more than you can escape the second death, which is the Lake of Fire, if you don't get saved from dying.

Why is it so hard to understand? Wait, don't tell me.......I know......men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil, and they are too proud to admit it.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,849
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:23:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:21:15 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 12/23/2014 5:44:23 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because people needed explanation for things they couldn't understand at the time.

Worship has also played a fundamental part, historically more so than the need for "explanation" of the universe/existence etc.

I was referring more to how rivers work and stuff but okay.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:31:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 5:56:59 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

How do you know mankind has been doing that "before" recorded history?

Can you provide objective scientific evidence from before "recorded" history where mankind was worshiping a god or gods?

Ancient burial sites are scientific evidence enough. http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

The oldest ritualistic burial sites found date back 100,000 years. Pre-recorded history. Ritualistic burial is a good indication of metaphysical belief systems which in there most basic form always involve gods.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:32:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 4:38:04 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:32:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because humans are creative people. It is part of human nature to create what we imagine.
They like to personify and deify the abstract qualities of humans and nature in general.
They communicate their thoughts and experiences in many different ways including abstract art, music, allegories, superstitions, myths, etc.
Fantasy is part of human reality. We are fantastic creatures.

We are frightened creatures, scared to death of the unknown and needing some way to try to control it so we create mythical beings and try to somehow satiate them so our lives are less troublesome. As with any drama, there are good guys and bad guys but it's all about being a frightened child. Time to grow up.

Because Jesus lives, I know I have eternal life. I am looking forward to heaven when God calls me home. Jesus lives in me and millions of my brothers and sisters, many of whom like the four children who refused to renounce their Saviour were brutally executed throughout history though guilty of no capital offense....the same as Jesus was executed. You may be a frightened creature, I am a new creation. I have a new name reserved in Heaven for me, written on a white stone, God's name for His child, His adoption papers for me signed in the blood of Jesus Christ who bought me from Hell by taking my place in death.
I will be like Jesus, I am growing into His image and likeness. Growing up the way you are looking at it is only falling down in death to Hell, and trying to put on a show like you are proud and brave in doing it.
The pleasures of sin are not worth the price you are paying. Jesus paid the price for you so you don't have to pay if you receive Him as your Saviour.

You will meet Him as your Saviour before you leave this world, or you will face Him as your Judge after you chose rather to take your own blood on your own head calling it nothitg that He gave His life's blood to save you from Hell. He is just to punish rebellion, and He is just to forgive all who accept Him as the payment for their sins and the Saviour or their souls. Believe on Him, receive Him, and He will be your life and you will have eternal life......a gift far better than all the pleasures of sin combined.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:35:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

To explain the tragedies of life and to feel in control of our own mortality.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:49:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:32:30 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:38:04 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 12/23/2014 4:32:14 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

Because humans are creative people. It is part of human nature to create what we imagine.
They like to personify and deify the abstract qualities of humans and nature in general.
They communicate their thoughts and experiences in many different ways including abstract art, music, allegories, superstitions, myths, etc.
Fantasy is part of human reality. We are fantastic creatures.

We are frightened creatures, scared to death of the unknown and needing some way to try to control it so we create mythical beings and try to somehow satiate them so our lives are less troublesome. As with any drama, there are good guys and bad guys but it's all about being a frightened child. Time to grow up.

Because Jesus lives
No, Jesus died. That was the whole issue - that someone had to die. So did God skip out on dying, thereby violating his own rules and his contract with himself? Or is Jesus dead?

I know I have eternal life.
No, you B-E-L-I-E-V-E you have eternal life because you're gullible and easily swindled. Notice the rhetoric you spout is contrary even to the arrogance of the churches. They don't say "Do you know?", they say "Do you Believe?", "You must believe", "God wants our belief!". But you can't face your reasonable doubts so you deny them.

I am looking forward to heaven when God calls me home.
And thus, you live your entire life, looking forward to death - after which, you cease to exist. Not too bright.

Jesus lives in me and millions of my brothers and sisters
That sounds exactly like demonic possession.

many of whom like the four children who refused to renounce their Saviour were brutally executed throughout history though guilty of no capital offense....the same as Jesus was executed.
According to his own plan, of which he was only partially aware. Doesn't make much sense, does it.

You may be a frightened creature, I am a new creation.
One who believes the absurd out of fear of death, is the most primitive and frightened creature of them all.

I have a new name reserved in Heaven for me, written on a white stone, God's name for His child, His adoption papers for me signed in the blood of Jesus Christ who bought me from Hell by taking my place in death.
So God created you - bound for Hell - and only when you accept complicity in an unjust execution and grab your share of the take, then God adopts you? In exchange for heaven, would you have pounded the nails yourself? It looks like you're 100% into the plot.

I will be like Jesus
Yes, you'll be like Jesus - dead and gone... forever.

I am growing into His image and likeness.
Oh really? So Jesus was a gullible, ignorant troll?

Growing up the way you are looking at it is only falling down in death to Hell, and trying to put on a show like you are proud and brave in doing it.
The pleasures of sin are not worth the price you are paying. Jesus paid the price for you so you don't have to pay if you receive Him as your Saviour.
I don't approve of my debts being paid for by the innocent torture and death of others. If you do, then you have no honor. And what about the sins of Jesus? Conspiring to commit theft (Luke 19:30, Matthew 21:2)), assault, destruction of property (John 2:15)? And since he taught "turn the other cheek", we'll add hypocrisy to the list.

You will meet Him as your Saviour before you leave this world
How many times have you "left this world"? None? Then you're talking about what you know nothing about, based on a story which has already been shown to be false many times over.

Being sold on a story doesn't make the story true... no matter how much you wish it were true.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:51:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:31:40 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 12/23/2014 5:56:59 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 12/23/2014 7:29:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
From since before recorded history mankind has been creating gods.

My question is WHY?

How do you know mankind has been doing that "before" recorded history?

Can you provide objective scientific evidence from before "recorded" history where mankind was worshiping a god or gods?

Ancient burial sites are scientific evidence enough. http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

The oldest ritualistic burial sites found date back 100,000 years. Pre-recorded history. Ritualistic burial is a good indication of metaphysical belief systems which in there most basic form always involve gods.

The rituals themselves can not be construed in the same context as they are done today. That would be applying a modern interpretation to an ancient practice.

Some of the cave paintings and the burial rituals at most could be construed as the beginnings of a shamanism. Which does not necessitate having gods or god.

Them same spiritualism without god/s can be seen in religions like Taoism and Buddhist.
Cassius
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:54:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:15:10 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 12/23/2014 6:54:40 PM, Cassius wrote:
I don't think you're gonna explain the origin of religion in a cheap, pseudo-witty one-liner.

You COULD go to your local public library and do your own research on the origins of religion , or you could remain willfully ignorant.

Uhm . . . I never made a comment on the origins of religion . . .

And I plainly said "books" not one-liners.

Uhm . . . I never directed my comment at you . . .
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.
mortsdor
Posts: 1,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:55:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:51:59 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
Them same spiritualism without god/s can be seen in religions like Taoism and Buddhist.

Good Taoism, and Good Buddhism, does not allow for souls/spirits..

Rather there is one Reality... One Tao, or One Nirvana, and that is all.
No spirits, no souls, just Reality.
Cassius
Posts: 142
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2014 7:57:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/23/2014 7:11:20 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 12/23/2014 6:54:40 PM, Cassius wrote:
I don't think you're gonna explain the origin of religion in a cheap, pseudo-witty one-liner.

Emotional pacification and the illusion of control.

Write a book. "The Beauty's in the Beastt: Emotional Pacification and the Illusion of Control in Organized Religion"
I used to be Nur-Ab-Sal.