Christmas - an insult to both God and Christ

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:29:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why?

Well there are a number of reasons, but let's start with an illustration.

Your relatives decide that it is inconvenient to celebrate your birthday when you were actually born, as if you could have controlled that, so they choose a date convenient to them, whihc just happens to be the birthday of oen fo your worst enemies.

What's more, despite knowing that you hate certain things they insist on doing them anyway, and what's even worse they give each otehr presents to celbreate, ut don;lt even give you any respect.

How would you feel?

Christ was born on a date on the Hebrew calendar which falls betwee mid September and mid October , as the calendar shifts when compared to ours.
December 25th just happens to fall on or around a numher of pagan celebrrations, including the celebreations of the Winter Solstrice, and Saturnailia. That is why Pope Gregory IV, when he introduced Christmas celbration, so that the Pagans he and his people were forcing into "Christianity" would not be complaining about missing out on ther feast days.

Christmas celebrations all tend to include excessive drinking, which often leads to unneccessary deaths and divorces, and is part of Bacchanalia celebrrations as wella s Saturnalia, which is also teh root of teh gift giving.

That is why no true Christian wil get invlolved in suich celebrations, and why Christmas is an insulrt to God and Christ showing that thier opinions don't matter at all.
tabularasa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:33:57 AM
Bah, humbug!
1. I already googled it.

2. Give me an argument. Spell it out. "You're wrong," is not an argument.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:39:25 AM
At 12/24/2014 11:29:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Why?

Your relatives decide that it is inconvenient to celebrate your birthday when you were actually born, as if you could have controlled that, so they choose a date convenient to them, whihc just happens to be the birthday of oen fo your worst enemies.

What's more, despite knowing that you hate certain things they insist on doing them anyway, and what's even worse they give each otehr presents to celbreate, ut don;lt even give you any respect.

How would you feel?

Christ was born on a date on the Hebrew calendar which falls betwee mid September and mid October , as the calendar shifts when compared to ours.
December 25th just happens to fall on or around a numher of pagan celebrrations, including the celebreations of the Winter Solstrice, and Saturnailia. That is why Pope Gregory IV, when he introduced Christmas celbration, so that the Pagans he and his people were forcing into "Christianity" would not be complaining about missing out on ther feast days.

Christmas celebrations all tend to include excessive drinking, which often leads to unneccessary deaths and divorces, and is part of Bacchanalia celebrrations as wella s Saturnalia, which is also teh root of teh gift giving.

That is why no true Christian wil get invlolved in suich celebrations, and why Christmas is an insulrt to God and Christ showing that thier opinions don't matter at all.

Christmas's pagan roots are rather insignificant in my opinion. Almost nobody who celebrates Christmas today does so celebrating its pagan meaning. It's a Christian holiday, so you need to let it slide (I will not say "Let it go").
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:56:04 AM
At 12/24/2014 11:33:57 AM, tabularasa wrote:
Bah, humbug!

Yup. That is precisely what Christmas is to any who follw Christ and tehrefore love truith.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:57:43 AM
At 12/24/2014 11:39:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Why?

How would you feel?

Christmas's pagan roots are rather insignificant in my opinion. Almost nobody who celebrates Christmas today does so celebrating its pagan meaning. It's a Christian holiday, so you need to let it slide (I will not say "Let it go").

Oh some still see it as a religious celebration, you only have to go past a local church at midnight to see that.

However, if truth is not that important to you, then fine, carry on, enjoy it whilst you can. You may as well since this life is all you will get, as Paul said.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:58:42 AM
Yeah, Jesus would (is?) be pretty angry about how we in the West treat a holiday that is supposedly about him. It's so incredibly commercialized--it's way more about gifts than anything else. Which is so antithetical to everything Jesus stood for. Giving to the poor, certainly but upper middle class families spending thousands on stuff they don't need....nah.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 11:59:28 AM
At 12/24/2014 11:57:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/24/2014 11:39:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Why?

How would you feel?

Oh some still see it as a religious celebration, you only have to go past a local church at midnight to see that.

However, if truth is not that important to you, then fine, carry on, enjoy it whilst you can. You may as well since this life is all you will get, as Paul said.

I seriously doubt that the celebration of Christmas is sinful.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I suppose.

The DDO Blog:

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:15:07 PM
Why?

How would you feel?

You do not know when Jesus was born. No need in speculating.

LMAO. While I do not celebrate Christmas, I've never heard of it leading to "excessive drinking, unnecessary deaths, and divorces."

Christians do not get involved in it for one reason: the celebration of it was not and is not authorized by God in His holy word. That's it. The history of it is irrelevant. It is u-n-a-u-t-h-o-r-i-z-e-d. The word "Christmas" is found on the same page of the NT as "Governing Board" and "Jehovah's Witnesses".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:19:07 PM
Why?

How would you feel?

The "Christ" of Jehovah's Witnesses is not Jesus Christ of the Bible. Jehovah's Witnesses' Watchtower Organization is an insult to God and Jesus Christ.

Christmas does have pagan roots, but there is nothing wrong wtih a family tradition of gift giving in remembrance of the gift of God which is eternal life through Jesus Christ.

You can't earn paradise by working for the Watchtower. You can't rule the world by force for Allah. You can't earn pardon from Hell by keeping the ten commandments and giving to the poor (it is not possible for mortal man to keep the ten commandments) If God Himself did not pay for your sins with His own blood so He can be just in pardoning you, then you will pay for your own sins in the fire of Hell. Watchtower is leading you into death and Hell while you promote their lies.

You can't earn forgiveness of your sins by trying to do good. That is why the Wathctower won't let you back in to their Kindom Halls. They do set a good example of God in that, but I'm sure they don't intend to be doing it. You got kicked out for doing wrong. That's how it is with God. You are barred from heaven....or your illusionary JW paradise......because you have done wrong and trying to do better does not change what you did in the past. You must be executed in death unless the Judge takes your place to pay your price for you. That's what God did when He died in your place and gave His own blood as payment for your wrongs so you can be forgiven if you will receive Him, Jesus Christ, as your Saviour. If you say He is not God, you have no Saviour. There is one Saviour, God.

Your show of being a righteous person as a JW is phony. You are a sinner who deserves to die and burn in Hell the same as everybody who ever walked the face of the earth except for Jesus Christ.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:23:39 PM
If you want to know the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses, go to http://www.towerwatch.com...

This is what they forbid their own members from reading.

They will say they know all about it, but they are only trying to keep you from examining their organization with it's history of lies and deceit, and cultish brainwashing techniques.
Atheist-Independent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:31:00 PM
Christianity is basically a gigantic blend of various pagan beliefs with one monotheistic one. I you analyze the various holidays and saints you can find that they almost all originate from Pagan religions. Sorry to burst your bubble.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:31:04 PM
At 12/24/2014 12:23:39 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
If you want to know the truth about Jehovah's Witnesses, go to http://www.towerwatch.com...

They will say they know all about it, but they are only trying to keep you from examining their organization with it's history of lies and deceit, and cultish brainwashing techniques.

Lol, if you want to catch a case of terminaaly driven bitterness please do, but teh one thign you won;t find there is truth.

I would suggest that you compare it to what JWs actually teach as showen on http//:www.jw.org.

Neither they nor I have anything to fear from an honest comparison.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:32:11 PM
At 12/24/2014 12:31:00 PM, Atheist-Independent wrote:
Christianity is basically a gigantic blend of various pagan beliefs with one monotheistic one. I you analyze the various holidays and saints you can find that they almost all originate from Pagan religions. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Christianity is not. Fake Christianity, Apostate Christianity is. There is a whole world of difference.
That1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:37:14 PM
Why?

How would you feel?

Early Christianity was persecuted by the Romans, in order to not be persecuted, early Christians celebrated Christmas on Saturnalia.

Most Christmas celebrations I have attended there was moderate drinking of alcohol. The reason for alcohol consuption in general is the sense of euphoria when drinking alcohol. In fact, one of Jesus' early miracles was turning water into wine.

1) A true Christian is anyone who believes that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior, being a true Christian is not dependent on actions, but rather belief.
2) Why would celebrating Christmas on the wrong day be insulting to God and Christ? Christmas is a time of unity and peace with friends and family, a time where people come together and share gifts, stories, joy, and love. Christmas is also a time where people are exposed to the Gospel of Christ and where God is worshipped. These pros far outweigh the supposed insult of celebrating Christmas on the wrong day.

, Christmas canalso be seen as a manifestation of the Great Commandment:

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets." -Matthew 22:36-37.

On Christmas people tend to love God and love others. Not only can Christmas be seen as the manifestation of the Great Commandment, but also the Great Commission:

"16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." -Matthew 28:16-20

During Christmas time, people tend to be exposed to the gospel or a renewed exposure of the gospel. Thus this fufills the Great Commission.

In conclusion, Christmas fuffills both the Great Commandment and the Great Commission, thus Christ and God are honored on Christmas, not insulted.
"Our life is what our thoughts make it."
R13; Marcus Aurelius
"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." -Voltaire
"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do. "-Voltaire
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 12:50:26 PM
At 12/24/2014 12:31:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Lol, if you want to catch a case of terminaaly driven bitterness please do, but teh one thign you won;t find there is truth.

I would suggest that you compare it to what JWs actually teach as showen on http//:www.jw.org.

Out of curiosity, in what ways do the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses differ from those of mainstream Christians? That is, what doctrinal differences are there?

The DDO Blog:

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:04:42 PM
Jesus is dead and how the hell would you know what God feels insulted by?

I seriously doubt he'd give a shitt
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:05:59 PM
At 12/24/2014 11:56:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Bah, humbug!

Yup. That is precisely what Christmas is to any who follw Christ and tehrefore love truith.

Stop lying about loving the truth. You just make bare assertions and circular arguments. You, dee-em and Bulprof are all the same.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:07:33 PM
At 12/24/2014 12:32:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Christianity is not. Fake Christianity, Apostate Christianity is. There is a whole world of difference.

Nope the Jews were a wandering tribe that borrowed their stories from other cultures.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:25:16 PM
Why?

How would you feel?

Let's see, Santa Claus is based on a church figure who gave gifts to the poor and kids, It is recognized as Christ's birth (CHRISTmas), and grace is said before a meal if one wishes. Now anybody can celebrate how they want, but at the four Christmases I celebrate, we never drink or worship pagan Gods. Thanks for being the buzz kill conservative, but Christmas shall go as scheduled.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:37:26 PM
At 12/24/2014 1:25:16 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Why?

How would you feel?

Let's see, Santa Claus is based on a church figure who gave gifts to the poor and kids, It is recognized as Christ's birth (CHRISTmas), and grace is said before a meal if one wishes. Now anybody can celebrate how they want, but at the four Christmases I celebrate, we never drink or worship pagan Gods. Thanks for being the buzz kill conservative, but Christmas shall go as scheduled.

True, but a leading figure in a church that was already along way fropm teh truth of Christiannity.. Recognised by those who don;t know that he wasn't, yes, btu many do know, and some of those that know don't care.

Shepherds would not have been in the fields past November, too cold.

We don;t actually know how many wise men there were, and they weren't kingsm theyw ere Astorologers, a trade or prodession hated by God, and they visited him in a house, anywhere between a year and two yeas after his birth.

Oh and the start did not come from God because it led directly to an attempt to destroy the child which brought about the death of all children between 1 & 2 in teh Bethleme area.

No. Christmas nere was, and never will be a truly Chritian festival, and is an insult to God and Christ, one of teh many perpetrated by the Apostate Christian Church, which he will destroy at Armageddon, if tehre is any of it left after teh tribulation has been brought to an end..

No true follower of Christ will have anything to do with such a Pagan festival.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:38:19 PM
At 12/24/2014 1:07:33 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/24/2014 12:32:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Nope the Jews were a wandering tribe that borrowed their stories from other cultures.

No, other cultures borrowed teh stories from them, and you are talking of teh Hebrews, not the Jews. Judah was just oen of teh 12 tribes.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:40:35 PM
At 12/24/2014 1:05:59 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/24/2014 11:56:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Bah, humbug!

Stop lying about loving the truth. You just make bare assertions and circular arguments. You, dee-em and Bulprof are all the same.

I am not lying, and if my argumensts are circular it is because they all revolve around teh truth of God's word, with God and Christ at teh centre.

I do not make bare assertions because all are based on scriptrue as I am only too happy to show, and often do.

However since they are, like scripture itself, truths from God I can do nothing but treat them as such.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 1:42:06 PM
At 12/24/2014 1:04:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
Jesus is dead and how the hell would you know what God feels insulted by?

I seriously doubt he'd give a shitt

Christ is very much alive in heaven, and I know what offends God because scripture tells us. If it offends God it offends all who love and serve him,includinf=g, or maybe especially, his son who came to earth to become the Christ.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 2:02:16 PM
At 12/24/2014 12:50:26 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Out of curiosity, in what ways do the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses differ from those of mainstream Christians? That is, what doctrinal differences are there?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Or if that won't open for you try the more comprehensive:

http://wol.jw.org...

In the above page, the highlighted links are the active ones the otehrs are fereferences to out of date publications.

However the two major differences, which will prove fatal to all who clinbg to them are :

1: Reliance on the self chosen and decalred name of God, Jehovah, whihc mopst churches rearelt even mention (excepot in it's shortform as the last sylabal of Halleujah, despite the fact that Jesus said must must "hallow" or make ho9ly thaqt name, and Paul rep[eated teh promise that thjose who call on it for protection will be saved in teh judgbement to come. Most churches have even removed the name from their translations, at least in most palces, and replaced it with LORD.

2: Refusal to accept the scriptural statements about teh oriigin of God's son which describe him as teh first act of creation by him, and the only one he creatred alone.

Revelation 3:14; John 1:14, John 1:18; Colossians 1:13-17 (please read surrounding verses also.

There are a number of other differences, some more important than otehrs, but teh other demand of Christianity whcih most faiths ignore is for 100% honesty in all things, since Christ said that we should not swear on anyhting but "make your yes, yes, and your no, no)

God is seeking honest hearted worshippers as Jesus told the woman at the well.

John 4:23,24.

And Satan is called the father of the lie, because it was he who told the first lie, to Eve,

John 8:44

All who lie are copyng Satan.

Every single part of the worship of God and the following of Christ must be devoid of all lies.

Thus JWs, despite what people say about them cannot lie, it is literally more than thier eternal life is worth.

That doesn't mean they have always got everything right, but it does mean they always correct any errors as soon as they know the are indeed error.

Some people take great delight in disclosing their past errors, but fortunately God forgives us all, including them, our past mistakes once we accpept the merit of Jesus' sacrifice by public full immersion, as a consenting adult in full knowledge of what we are letting ourselves in for.

Feel fre to ask any questions you like.

Nietehr I, nor the JWs, have anything to fear from questions, again despite what some liars will tell you.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 2:15:04 PM
Why?

How would you feel?

No idea, could you tell us how you felt about that?

Pope Gregory IV promoted "All Saints Day"... you know... Halloween?

"Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses?"
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 2:20:23 PM
Why?

How would you feel?

Merry Christmas MCB! Lol! ... Joking ;)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 2:29:17 PM
At 12/24/2014 12:37:14 PM, That1User wrote:

Early Christianity was persecuted by the Romans, in order to not be persecuted, early Christians celebrated Christmas on Saturnalia.

In defiance of Christ's orders. Matthew 10:39. But then the church was already apotate by that time. No true follower of God goes against Christ's command or truth to save their lives,or even escape suffering. As the JWs who survived the holocaust.

http://www.ushmm.org...
http://www.centralprint.net... (thier "active resistance" was confined to non violent methods simly by carrying on thier preaching work regardless.)
https://www.youtube.com...
https://www.youtube.com...

Christmas celebrations all tend to include excessive drinking, which often leads to unneccessary deaths and divorces, and is part of Bacchanalia celebrrations as wella s Saturnalia, which is also teh root of the gift giving.

Most Christmas celebrations I have attended there was moderate drinking of alcohol. The reason for alcohol consuption in general is the sense of euphoria when drinking alcohol. In fact, one of Jesus' early miracles was turning water into wine.

Yes, but that does not mean he condones over drinking.

1) A true Christian is anyone who believes that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior, being a true Christian is not dependent on actions, but rather belief.

On the Contrary, as James said, Fiath without works is dead of itself". If you do not demonstrate your faiuth what use is oit to toehrs?

As Jesus said we must not hjide our light under a bushel, but let our faith show by our whole lifestyle.

He taught his followers, even then to travel in twos and go from house toi house sharing the Good News of the Kingodm with eht people they met.

2) Why would celebrating Christmas on the wrong day be insulting to God and Christ? Christmas is a time of unity and peace with friends and family, a time where people come together and share gifts, stories, joy, and love. Christmas is also a time where people are exposed to the Gospel of Christ and where God is worshipped. These pros far outweigh the supposed insult of celebrating Christmas on the wrong day.

Because when you say that Jesus was born on Christmas day you are trelling a lie and all lies originate with Satan and thus dishonopur God. John 8:P44

You can only worship God acceptably with spirit and truth John 4:23,24.

, Christmas canalso be seen as a manifestation of the Great Commandment:

36 "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" 37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets." -Matthew 22:36-37.

The Law Jesus was quoting there was Deuteronomy 6:5 "which actualy reads "You must worship Jehovah your God, with your whole heart, your whole soul and your whole life". Your quote fails to mention God's name, whihc Jesus would laways have sued, and actualyl toldd his father in prayer that he ahd indeed made that name known.

As for teh sceond part "You must love your fellow man as yourself" How can you do that b yb feeding them lies, and leadng them on teh path to destruction? Matthew 7:13,14; Matthew 7:21-23.

On Christmas people tend to love God and love others. Not only can Christmas be seen as the manifestation of the Great Commandment, but also the Great Commission:

Most don't even know God's name let alone worsihip him, and you cannot worship him with a lie.

In fact most are even taught the lie that Jesus was God, where in fact scripture tells us that God's son, who became incarnate in teh flesh of Jesus, was the first and only solo creation by God himself . Revelatiob 3:14; John 1:14; John 1:18 Colossians 1:13-17 (please read surrouinding verses also).

"16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." -Matthew 28:16-20

Teh trouble is that teh curhces do not do that, in fact the only ones doing that are Jehovah's Witnesses, who also fulfil Matthew 24:14 in this run up to the end.

Most churches don;t even know what teh Kingdom actually is. It is a real Government which as Daniel 2:44 tells us will soon rule the whole earth replaceing all human governments, This is repoeated in Revelation.

During Christmas time, people tend to be exposed to the gospel or a renewed exposure of the gospel. Thus this fufills the Great Commission.

In conclusion, Christmas fuffills both the Great Commandment and the Great Commission, thus Christ and God are honored on Christmas, not insulted.

On the contrary they are exposed to lies in almost all aspects fo teh story, but Apostate "Christian" churches which in fact are far from Christian in thier teachings and actions.

Even the Nativity play includes lies becauseas scripture tells us:

The "kings" were wise men, astrologers, who were practicing what is hated by God.

The start did not come from God but, and the Magi, were used to alert Herod to a rival to his families succession, knowing that he would try to destroiy the child whihc he did, killing all children between biorth andd two.

Why two years? Because the Magi did not turn up until well after the birth iof Jesus and as sscripture tells us visited him in a house, not teh stable. Herod was told that the child had been born about a year nefore and therefore killed children 1 year eitehr side in order to be sure of getting his intended target.

Oh, and we don;t actually know how many tehre are, there could have been as few as two or as many as a dozen for all we know. It is unlikely there would have been more than a dozen but they are very likely to have travelled as part of a reasonably sized group.

No,I am sorry but C|hristmas is absoilutely loaded with lies and therefore can only serve Satan's purposes, not God's.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 2:29:58 PM
At 12/24/2014 2:20:23 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
Why?

How would you feel?

Merry Christmas MCB! Lol! ... Joking ;)

Lol, yes I guessed you would be.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2014 2:30:27 PM
At 12/24/2014 2:02:16 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/24/2014 12:50:26 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Or if that won't open for you try the more comprehensive:

http://wol.jw.org...

In the above page, the highlighted links are the active ones the otehrs are fereferences to out of date publications.

However the two major differences, which will prove fatal to all who clinbg to them are :

1: Reliance on the self chosen and decalred name of God, Jehovah, whihc mopst churches rearelt even mention (excepot in it's shortform as the last sylabal of Halleujah, despite the fact that Jesus said must must "hallow" or make ho9ly thaqt name, and Paul rep[eated teh promise that thjose who call on it for protection will be saved in teh judgbement to come. Most churches have even removed the name from their translations, at least in most palces, and replaced it with LORD.

2: Refusal to accept the scriptural statements about teh oriigin of God's son which describe him as teh first act of creation by him, and the only one he creatred alone.

Revelation 3:14; John 1:14, John 1:18; Colossians 1:13-17 (please read surrounding verses also.

There are a number of other differences, some more important than otehrs, but teh other demand of Christianity whcih most faiths ignore is for 100% honesty in all things, since Christ said that we should not swear on anyhting but "make your yes, yes, and your no, no)

God is seeking honest hearted worshippers as Jesus told the woman at the well.

John 4:23,24.

And Satan is called the father of the lie, because it was he who told the first lie, to Eve,

John 8:44

All who lie are copyng Satan.

Every single part of the worship of God and the following of Christ must be devoid of all lies.

Thus JWs, despite what people say about them cannot lie, it is literally more than thier eternal life is worth.

That doesn't mean they have always got everything right, but it does mean they always correct any errors as soon as they know the are indeed error.

Some people take great delight in disclosing their past errors, but fortunately God forgives us all, including them, our past mistakes once we accpept the merit of Jesus' sacrifice by public full immersion, as a consenting adult in full knowledge of what we are letting ourselves in for.

Feel fre to ask any questions you like.

Nietehr I, nor the JWs, have anything to fear from questions, again despite what some liars will tell you.

A Jehovah's Witness is incapable of lying then?
So if you wanted to tell me that 2+2 is 5, you would be physically incapable of doing so?

The DDO Blog: