Jump to topic:

Christians...

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 9:29:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Do you believe I'm going to hell when I die? Moreover, from your own experience, what are the mainstream Christian beliefs about hell in the 21st century?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 9:31:32 PM
At 5/31/2010 9:29:30 PM, Freeman wrote:
Do you believe I'm going to hell when I die?

If you died right now? Most likely.

Moreover, from your own experience, what are the mainstream Christian beliefs about hell in the 21st century?

Do you mean christian fundamentalists or lukewarm Christians?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 9:34:09 PM
Do you believe I'm going to hell when I die? Moreover, from your own experience, what are the mainstream Christian beliefs about hell in the 21st century?

Yes, and eternal suffering pretty much covers it..?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 9:37:52 PM
At 5/31/2010 9:34:09 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

To be honest that was just a rude remark. I'm undecided about that really, i don't think he'd actually send someone he claims to love to "eternal suffering" but who knows.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 9:43:05 PM
At 5/31/2010 9:31:32 PM, Reasoning wrote:

Moreover, from your own experience, what are the mainstream Christian beliefs about hell in the 21st century?

What's a lukewarm Christian?
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 10:04:06 PM
At 5/31/2010 9:43:05 PM, Freeman wrote:

One that gets so excited they get a warm wet feeling in their pants when they read the Gospel of Luke.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 10:20:12 PM
At 5/31/2010 10:04:06 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

One that gets so excited they get a warm wet feeling in their pants when they read the Gospel of Luke.

Only if you're Catholic.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 10:24:16 PM

Those who call themselves Christians, but don't take it that seriously. Usually people brought up as Christian, but don't believe and practice full-heartedly.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 10:27:20 PM
You will burn forever in the pit of eternal hell-fire where there is gnashing of teeth, where you will be consumed with darkness all around you, where you will never see the light of love and peace again. For this is justice. TURN OR BURN!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 10:27:35 PM
At 5/31/2010 10:24:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Those who call themselves Christians, but don't take it that seriously. Usually people brought up as Christian, but don't believe and practice full-heartedly.

Ok, my friend would be a lukewarm Christian, a very lukewarm Christian...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2010 10:29:06 PM
At 5/31/2010 9:37:52 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 5/31/2010 9:34:09 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

To be honest that was just a rude remark. I'm undecided about that really, i don't think he'd actually send someone he claims to love to "eternal suffering" but who knows.

Jesus says most people will go to Hell. Only a select few will go to Heaven.

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." - Matthew 7:13,14
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 3:23:39 AM

' when I die ' is the key issue here; when you die the Lord will have got a pretty clear idea of how you have chosen to walk in the light you have been given.

If one continually chooses darkness over light then one is effectively choosing their own eternity..
SO.. always tell the truth, (even when it costs you) always do the right thing, (even when no-one is watching) and use whatever strengths and advantages you have to help thse who are weaker and less advantaged.

Consider:

Matthew 22:14
"For many are invited, but few are chosen."

God is constantly looking to see who is walking in the light that they already have.. to choose them for eternal life!

Hell is a place devoid of God..

God is Light, Love, Truth, Beauty, Holiness..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 3:53:22 AM
Jesus did not believe in hell, or rather if he did it rather invalidates him as a Jewish prophet.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:37:02 AM
No, I don't think so. If there is a god (which there is not), then I'd think it would be happy to find an intellectual. After all, to found the universe, you must be somewhat smart, and must appreciate people who THINK, unlike bible thumpers.
I miss the old members.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:09:41 AM
At 6/1/2010 6:37:02 AM, Atheism wrote:
No, I don't think so. If there is a god (which there is not), then I'd think it would be happy to find an intellectual. After all, to found the universe, you must be somewhat smart, and must appreciate people who THINK, unlike bible thumpers.

If God created the universe he would not be merely 'somewhat smart' but so advanced as to struggle to view any human worthy of respect.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:22:40 AM
At 6/1/2010 7:09:41 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

If God created the universe he would not be merely 'somewhat smart' but so advanced as to struggle to view any human worthy of respect.

Yes, but even if you are incredibly smart, that does not mean you automatically disregard those beneath your intelligence level.
I miss the old members.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:27:25 AM
Well your right ! he would not send someone he loves to hell, but the fact is, he doesn't love everyone. if you wish more explanation on this subject please ask !
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:29:48 AM
At 6/1/2010 7:27:25 AM, the-good-teacher wrote:
Well your right ! he would not send someone he loves to hell, but the fact is, he doesn't love everyone. if you wish more explanation on this subject please ask !

Well, according to the bible he does love everyone, however he doesnt agree witht their decisions. Much like a mother and son in real life. However, even though he loves his subjects, god still sends them to eternal hell. Which really doesnt make much sense.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:31:08 AM
At 6/1/2010 7:22:40 AM, Atheism wrote:

Yes, but even if you are incredibly smart, that does not mean you automatically disregard those beneath your intelligence level.

How much do you worry about how the intelligence of a wasp compares to that of a bee? Would you explain quantum physics to your cat?
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:34:21 AM
At 6/1/2010 7:31:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/1/2010 7:22:40 AM, Atheism wrote:

How much do you worry about how the intelligence of a wasp compares to that of a bee? Would you explain quantum physics to your cat?

OMG I SO WOULD
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:51:41 AM
Of course. It makes perfect sense. We feed the damn things. They get free food by subjugating us to their implanted wills. Must resist...
I miss the old members.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:32:39 AM
At 6/1/2010 3:53:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Jesus did not believe in hell, or rather if he did it rather invalidates him as a Jewish prophet.

Source material?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:37:36 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:32:39 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Source material?

Judaism.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:46:30 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:37:36 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Source material?

Judaism.

Judaic source material?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:09:47 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:46:30 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Source material?

Judaism.

Judaic source material?

Yes.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:56:23 AM
If you are a Christian you should believe in the Bible and the Bible makes it clear that the Jews were chosen by God to be His own beloved treasure and that the Children of Israel are told that they were selected not because of their power or numbers but because God loves them (Deuteronomy 7:6-8).

Therefore NO Christians are going to heaven, unless they convert to Judaism of course. Therefore, if you believe in the Bible I suggest you start saving up to be a Jew right now!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 3:40:51 AM
At 6/2/2010 4:09:47 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:46:30 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Source material?

Judaism.

Judaic source material?

Yes.

Which is why you are so eager to provide it, I guess..
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 4:20:56 AM
: At 5/31/2010 10:24:16 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Well said.