Total Posts:41|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Pope wants to be your friend!

Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:18:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
If the Catholic Church is unable to deal with the likes of Dawkins then how can it defend it's claims to anyone?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:48:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Personally, I don't think Dawkins is good at debating, per se, but he does make very valid points. Anyone agree? And the churches (all of them) fail so epicly hard it makes me laugh. LOL EVOLUTION FISHY ,'><>',.
I miss the old members.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:04:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 3:28:21 AM, Puck wrote:
Almost ...

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Is it just me or is Ratzinger now actively trying to be photographed in poses akin to that of a Sith Lord?
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:37:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:04:43 AM, Veridas wrote:
At 6/1/2010 3:28:21 AM, Puck wrote:
Almost ...

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Is it just me or is Ratzinger now actively trying to be photographed in poses akin to that of a Sith Lord?

I don't think he needs to try.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:47:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:04:43 AM, Veridas wrote:
At 6/1/2010 3:28:21 AM, Puck wrote:
Almost ...

http://www.independent.co.uk...

Is it just me or is Ratzinger now actively trying to be photographed in poses akin to that of a Sith Lord?

Ha ha! He's about to force-lightning Richard Dawkins.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 11:04:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Lol,the church are going to cherry pick the worst Atheists and just pwn them in Paris next year to make a point.

WE NEED ARONRA AND THUNDERF00T
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 11:06:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 11:04:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Lol,the church are going to cherry pick the worst Atheists and just pwn them in Paris next year to make a point.

WE NEED ARONRA AND THUNDERF00T

What? Thunderf00t can't debate to save his life.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 11:07:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 11:06:06 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/1/2010 11:04:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Lol,the church are going to cherry pick the worst Atheists and just pwn them in Paris next year to make a point.

WE NEED ARONRA AND THUNDERF00T


What? Thunderf00t can't debate to save his life.

Yeah, I did see that debate against Mr.Banana (Forget his actual name), but at least he knows arguments for Atheism.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 12:06:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
the church has warned that atheists with high public profiles such as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens will not be invited.

Lame. They would probably get more atheists and agnostics to actually tune into the debates if they invited high profile figures.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 12:11:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 11:07:00 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/1/2010 11:06:06 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/1/2010 11:04:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Lol,the church are going to cherry pick the worst Atheists and just pwn them in Paris next year to make a point.

WE NEED ARONRA AND THUNDERF00T


What? Thunderf00t can't debate to save his life.

Yeah, I did see that debate against Mr.Banana (Forget his actual name), but at least he knows arguments for Atheism.

Not good ones.
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 12:45:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 7:18:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If the Catholic Church is unable to deal with the likes of Dawkins then how can it defend it's claims to anyone?

I think the idea is that most 'average' atheists are a little more sensible than those like Dawkins and Hitchens, who quite honestly seem less interested in debate and more interested in making a spectacle and shoving their ideals down your throat like any fundamentalist would.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 12:57:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 12:45:35 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 7:18:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If the Catholic Church is unable to deal with the likes of Dawkins then how can it defend it's claims to anyone?

I think the idea is that most 'average' atheists are a little more sensible than those like Dawkins and Hitchens, who quite honestly seem less interested in debate and more interested in making a spectacle and shoving their ideals down your throat like any fundamentalist would.

Interesting.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 1:05:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think the Pope is counting on the lower average age of atheists :).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 5:10:52 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 11:07:00 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 6/1/2010 11:06:06 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/1/2010 11:04:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Lol,the church are going to cherry pick the worst Atheists and just pwn them in Paris next year to make a point.

WE NEED ARONRA AND THUNDERF00T


What? Thunderf00t can't debate to save his life.

Yeah, I did see that debate against Mr.Banana (Forget his actual name), but at least he knows arguments for Atheism.

Does he? Admittedly I've seen approximately 1 video of his but doesn't he mostly just deal with evolution vs creationism?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:51:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 12:06:18 PM, JBlake wrote:
the church has warned that atheists with high public profiles such as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens will not be invited.

Lame. They would probably get more atheists and agnostics to actually tune into the debates if they invited high profile figures.

They probably don't want to invite any of the three people who are actively working to get the pope arrested for crimes against humanity.

Sam Harris just joined in with Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens to rock the pope's world. http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:55:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 12:45:35 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 7:18:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If the Catholic Church is unable to deal with the likes of Dawkins then how can it defend it's claims to anyone?

I think the idea is that most 'average' atheists are a little more sensible than those like Dawkins and Hitchens, who quite honestly seem less interested in debate and more interested in making a spectacle and shoving their ideals down your throat like any fundamentalist would.

No. They're probably just scared to get smashed in a debate. Hitchens will make the Vatican crumble when he steps in the door.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:59:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 8:55:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/1/2010 12:45:35 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 7:18:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If the Catholic Church is unable to deal with the likes of Dawkins then how can it defend it's claims to anyone?

I think the idea is that most 'average' atheists are a little more sensible than those like Dawkins and Hitchens, who quite honestly seem less interested in debate and more interested in making a spectacle and shoving their ideals down your throat like any fundamentalist would.

No. They're probably just scared to get smashed in a debate. Hitchens will make the Vatican crumble when he steps in the door.

Hitchens would dominate any Catholic priest, bishop, cardinal etc.
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 9:02:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 8:59:50 PM, Freeman wrote:

Hitchens would dominate any Catholic priest, bishop, cardinal etc.

Maybe that is why the Catholic church is hesistant to open dialogue with atheists? Haha.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 9:10:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 8:55:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/1/2010 12:45:35 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 7:18:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If the Catholic Church is unable to deal with the likes of Dawkins then how can it defend it's claims to anyone?

I think the idea is that most 'average' atheists are a little more sensible than those like Dawkins and Hitchens, who quite honestly seem less interested in debate and more interested in making a spectacle and shoving their ideals down your throat like any fundamentalist would.

No. They're probably just scared to get smashed in a debate. Hitchens will make the Vatican crumble when he steps in the door.

ROFLMAO!
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 9:17:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 8:55:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No. They're probably just scared to get smashed in a debate. Hitchens will make the Vatican crumble when he steps in the door.

I think the Pope would be more scared of being tat close when the lightning strikes =P
Freeman
Posts: 1,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 9:22:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 9:10:48 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/1/2010 8:55:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/1/2010 12:45:35 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 7:18:01 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If the Catholic Church is unable to deal with the likes of Dawkins then how can it defend it's claims to anyone?

I think the idea is that most 'average' atheists are a little more sensible than those like Dawkins and Hitchens, who quite honestly seem less interested in debate and more interested in making a spectacle and shoving their ideals down your throat like any fundamentalist would.

No. They're probably just scared to get smashed in a debate. Hitchens will make the Vatican crumble when he steps in the door.

ROFLMAO!

Do you deny the power of God when it is being exemplified by Christopher Hitchens?

Richard Dawkins = God the Father (easy enough)
Christopher Hitchens = God the Son (It makes sense; and like Dawkins, he's British.)
Sam Harris = The Holy Spirit (because he's kind of into eastern mysticism).
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 9:58:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 9:02:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 8:59:50 PM, Freeman wrote:

Hitchens would dominate any Catholic priest, bishop, cardinal etc.

Maybe that is why the Catholic church is hesistant to open dialogue with atheists? Haha.

Yea that must be it... -_-

So what religion are you now? Trying to disassociate ourselves with the suicide bombers now are we?
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:07:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 9:58:44 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 9:02:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 8:59:50 PM, Freeman wrote:

Hitchens would dominate any Catholic priest, bishop, cardinal etc.

Maybe that is why the Catholic church is hesistant to open dialogue with atheists? Haha.

Yea that must be it... -_-

So what religion are you now? Trying to disassociate ourselves with the suicide bombers now are we?

Well no...it's complicated...

I'm still kind of undecided too as for which religion to follow.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:12:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:07:25 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 9:58:44 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 9:02:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 8:59:50 PM, Freeman wrote:

Hitchens would dominate any Catholic priest, bishop, cardinal etc.

Maybe that is why the Catholic church is hesistant to open dialogue with atheists? Haha.

Yea that must be it... -_-

So what religion are you now? Trying to disassociate ourselves with the suicide bombers now are we?

Well no...it's complicated...

I'm still kind of undecided too as for which religion to follow.
Just imagine, dying tomorrow without making a decision :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:16:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:12:12 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:07:25 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 9:58:44 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 6/1/2010 9:02:08 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 8:59:50 PM, Freeman wrote:

Hitchens would dominate any Catholic priest, bishop, cardinal etc.

Maybe that is why the Catholic church is hesistant to open dialogue with atheists? Haha.

Yea that must be it... -_-

So what religion are you now? Trying to disassociate ourselves with the suicide bombers now are we?

Well no...it's complicated...

I'm still kind of undecided too as for which religion to follow.
Just imagine, dying tomorrow without making a decision :P

Yea... D:
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:21:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:16:31 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:12:12 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Just imagine, dying tomorrow without making a decision :P

Yea... D:

Do you think that your choice of religion will affect your place in the afterlife?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:25:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:21:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:16:31 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:12:12 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Just imagine, dying tomorrow without making a decision :P

Yea... D:

Do you think that your choice of religion will affect your place in the afterlife?

Yea, probably.
Anarcho
Posts: 887
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:36:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:25:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:21:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:16:31 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:12:12 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Just imagine, dying tomorrow without making a decision :P

Yea... D:

Do you think that your choice of religion will affect your place in the afterlife?

Yea, probably.

Interesting. You are currently loong into Baha'i and for them from what I can tell as long as you aren't some major sinner (stealing, murder, etc.) you would be fine in the afterlife.
InsertNameHere wrote: "If we evolved from apes then why are apes still around?

This is semi-serious btw. It's something that seems strange to me. You'd think that entire species would cease to exist if other ones evolved from them."

Anarcho wrote: *facepalm*
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:36:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:25:49 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:21:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Do you think that your choice of religion will affect your place in the afterlife?

Yea, probably.

Lol, I guess you'll have to pick the religion with the worst punishment for unbelief. Baha'i and Sikhism don't have harsh punishments for unbelief, so I guess you're obliged to convert to Christianity, just to be safe!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat