Jump to topic:

The Trinity

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 4:01:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
As predicted Datchmoto has no interested in a discussion of the trinity so I have given up on that avenue. Can anyone else explain and discuss the doctrine of the trinity with me. By which I mean state what your belief is and engage in a discussion of that belief without resorting to lies, insults and evasions.
Thanks.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
TAHRAQUE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 4:42:11 AM
Posted: 43 seconds ago

At 6/1/2010 4:16:32 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:
TRINITY

OBJECTION: How can God be three Persons and one God at the same time? Would that not make three Gods, resembling pagan philosophy ?
------------------------------------------------------------------
RELEVANT ANSWER:

WATER -- revealed in three forms -- liquid, ice and steam, yet all three have the same chemical formula -- H2O

This is an invalid analogy, water is not liquid, ice and steam all at the same time.

I am suprised no one has distorted quantum physics to provide an analogy.

SO i think i have to continue the illustrations of trinity here

IF you ain't agree with the water composite example, here is another one:

Light--
red heat rays that are invisible picturing the Father,
yellow light rays that are seen picturing the Son,
blue chemical rays that are seen by their effects, picturing the Spirit.
Sus y demas parientes, suplican las almas piadosas una oracion por su eterno descanso, dela esla cruet eniermidad
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 5:14:15 AM
At 6/1/2010 4:42:11 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:
Posted: 43 seconds ago

At 6/1/2010 4:16:32 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:
TRINITY

OBJECTION: How can God be three Persons and one God at the same time? Would that not make three Gods, resembling pagan philosophy ?
RELEVANT ANSWER:

WATER -- revealed in three forms -- liquid, ice and steam, yet all three have the same chemical formula -- H2O

This is an invalid analogy, water is not liquid, ice and steam all at the same time.

I am suprised no one has distorted quantum physics to provide an analogy.

SO i think i have to continue the illustrations of trinity here

IF you ain't agree with the water composite example, here is another one:

Light--
red heat rays that are invisible picturing the Father,
yellow light rays that are seen picturing the Son,
blue chemical rays that are seen by their effects, picturing the Spirit.

Again those are three distinct things.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
TAHRAQUE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 5:51:15 AM
Ok then i'll set myself as an example:

I am only one person but i can be revealed as three persons:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.) My mother sees me as a SON. She sees me differently from anyone else and i respond to her in a way that is different from my response to others
2.) My friends see me as a FRIEND with all that involves
3.) My karate class sees me as a TEACHER which is a different relationship.

I remain one person but i am revealed as a SON, FRIEND and a TEACHER AT THE SAME TIME

God is one indivisible God revealed in three separate persons...
Sus y demas parientes, suplican las almas piadosas una oracion por su eterno descanso, dela esla cruet eniermidad
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:21:46 AM
At 6/1/2010 5:51:15 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:

1.) My mother sees me as a SON. She sees me differently from anyone else and i respond to her in a way that is different from my response to others

I remain one person but i am revealed as a SON, FRIEND and a TEACHER AT THE SAME TIME

Okay with you so far.

Hmm... so the trinity is false then?
TAHRAQUE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:41:36 AM

Let me answer that with a scripture:

Isaiah 55:8,9 teaches us that human has no bearing in the study of God,
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."

Atheism does not solve problems, it multiplies unsolved mysteries...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:00:34 AM
At 6/1/2010 6:41:36 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:

Let me answer that with a scripture:

Isaiah 55:8,9 teaches us that human has no bearing in the study of God,
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."

So what therefore is the purpose of theology?
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:08:07 AM
The Trinity = "three in one" Gen 1:26 "let US make man in OUR image" = Soul = the Father, spirit = Holy spirit, body = Jesus,= one body in three parts = Col 2:9 "For in (Jesus) him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily".= The Trinity

Thanks for reading and may the Lord God (Jehovah Elohim) bless you as one of his own !
TAHRAQUE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:12:36 AM
Theology is used in two ways:
-----------------------------------
1.) it may describe the study of all biblical truth
2.) it may more specifically describe the study of God, His existence, nature, names, attributes and works ...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:39:37 AM
To begin with, the argument of you being a teacher, son etc., are describing you, yet do not change the fact that you consist of flesh, bones, blood, etc. You can claim to be a ghost, yet you are still made of flesh. You can claim to be anything, yet you will remain consisting of flesh.

God and Jesus (peace be upon him) are two different beings, firstly because they are not of one body like you are, whether you are called a teacher, son, or anything else, and secondly because Jesus is made of flesh and bones, but God is not made of flesh and bones. They are two separate beings.

Moving on, the argument of H20 being in three forms, namely as ice, water, and steam, is invalid when used to prove the concept of Trinity. What you ignore is that ice, water, and steam, all consist of what is called "H2O." God and Jesus (peace be upon him) are not consisting of the same components. God is not made of flesh and bones, but Jesus is. You can therefore not use the argument of water, steam, and ice because all of them consist of H20, while God and Jesus clearly consist of different components, and even have different features and needs. Jesus needs to eat and drink to keep himself alive. God does not need to do that. Jesus needs to sleep. God does not need to sleep.

There are many differences between both the components of God and Jesus (peace be upon him), and also their features.

Read my post here: http://www.debate.org...
DevinKing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:19:50 PM
At 6/1/2010 5:51:15 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:

--This post did absolutely nothing for the trinity argument.

--In your analogy you implied that father, son, and holy ghost are mearly different names for the exact same being, not for different components thereof.
After demonstrating his existence with complete certainty with the proposition "I think, therefore I am", Descartes walks into a bar, sitting next to a gorgeous priest. The priest asks Descartes, "Would you like a drink?" Descartes responds, "I think not," and then proceeds to vanish in a puff of illogic.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:30:07 PM
At 6/1/2010 6:19:50 PM, DevinKing wrote:
--In your analogy you implied that father, son, and holy ghost are mearly different names for the exact same being, not for different components thereof.

Correct. There is but one God and he is expressed in three different persons.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:09:19 PM
You asked for MY belief. I accept the Bible as absolute truth. According to scripture:

"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." 1 John 5:7
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 8:21:03 PM
At 6/1/2010 6:41:36 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:

Lol... noooooo.

There is no God.
All mysteries solved.
The End.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:56:58 AM
At 6/1/2010 4:01:12 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
As predicted Datchmoto has no interested in a discussion of the trinity so I have given up on that avenue. Can anyone else explain and discuss the doctrine of the trinity with me. By which I mean state what your belief is and engage in a discussion of that belief without resorting to lies, insults and evasions.
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:04:41 AM
At 6/2/2010 3:56:58 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..

That analogy has already been attempted, it does not work.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 2:56:39 AM
At 6/2/2010 4:04:41 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..

God the Father (like water) is the source of Jesus Christ and the Holy spirit.

Jesus christ is the WORD of God, His expression, His true meaning if you will.. (As ice is made from water but different SO Christ is made from God but different)

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Jesus Christ after His earthly incarnation
REUNITED with the Father.. (like steam, it too originates from water but is different)

Hmm. The Analogy seems to work fine.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:18:48 AM
At 6/4/2010 2:56:39 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..

Jesus christ is the WORD of God, His expression, His true meaning if you will.. (As ice is made from water but different SO Christ is made from God but different)

REUNITED with the Father.. (like steam, it too originates from water but is different)

The trinity is three aspects to the same entity.
Ice, Water, Steam are three states of being.

So no it does not work.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 2:58:42 AM
At 6/4/2010 11:18:48 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..

So no it does not work.

Any natural analogy to a Supernatural phenomena must breakdown at some point... But mine at least allows us to begin to see.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 4:33:35 AM
At 6/5/2010 2:58:42 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..

So no it does not work.

Any natural analogy to a Supernatural phenomena must breakdown at some point... But mine at least allows us to begin to see.

The same quantity of H20 is not at the same in all three states. If you can not explain a concept how can you conceive it?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 3:13:27 AM
At 6/5/2010 4:33:35 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..

So no it does not work.

The same quantity of H20 is not at the same in all three states. If you can not explain a concept how can you conceive it?

The same quantity of God is not the same in all three states so this analogy (with your help) is improving all the time.. thanks.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2010 7:07:59 AM
At 6/7/2010 3:13:27 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/5/2010 4:33:35 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Thanks.

Water, ice, steam..

So no it does not work.

The same quantity of God is not the same in all three states so this analogy (with your help) is improving all the time.. thanks.

Right, so can we see a better analogy?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 2:24:56 AM
At 6/7/2010 7:07:59 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So no it does not work.

We? can you?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2010 3:23:45 AM
At 6/8/2010 2:24:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

So no it does not work.

We? can you?

I will take that as a no then.

Do you find it odd that you can not explain the most basic tenets of your religion?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 2:47:52 AM
At 6/8/2010 3:23:45 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So no it does not work.

We? can you?

Do you find it odd that you can not explain the most basic tenets of your religion?

Unsubstatiated assertion No. 20683
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 3:29:09 AM
At 6/9/2010 2:47:52 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

So no it does not work.

We? can you?

The trinity is a basic tenet of your religion, you can't explain it.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2010 3:30:23 AM
At 6/9/2010 3:29:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So no it does not work.

We? can you?

Unsubstatiated assertion No. 20684
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2010 10:55:44 AM
At 6/10/2010 3:30:23 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

So no it does not work.

We? can you?

What part is unsubstantiated?
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2010 10:09:37 PM
At 6/10/2010 10:55:44 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/10/2010 3:30:23 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

So no it does not work.

We? can you?

What part is unsubstantiated?

Personally, I found that the correct answer at that point. If you can't explain the basics of your religion, how do you even begin to conceive the more complicated? How can you challenge those who don't believe, when your own understanding is fragile? This Is your faith; so WHY can't you explain it?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.