Total Posts:216|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If god(s) is/are real...

Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:51:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
What would you say to him/her if you met him/her. Personally, I would beat the **** outta it, and then proceed to ask what it thinks its doing. I would then kill it and become a new god and make everything better. Afterwards, give all rational thinkers i.e. atheists, agnostics, or Buddhists a special place in the supposed afterlife. No one will have to rejoice in my name. And if anyone is an idiot and its their fault, I will smite them after a warning. :)
I miss the old members.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:59:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 6:51:11 AM, Atheism wrote:
What would you say to him/her if you met him/her. Personally, I would beat the **** outta it, and then proceed to ask what it thinks its doing. I would then kill it and become a new god and make everything better. Afterwards, give all rational thinkers i.e. atheists, agnostics, or Buddhists a special place in the supposed afterlife. No one will have to rejoice in my name. And if anyone is an idiot and its their fault, I will smite them after a warning. :)

As generally God or the Gods are regarded as quite powerful I am not sure physical violence would be apropriate. In addition to beat the **** out of it is to presume that it is guilty of some misdeed. Atheists, agnostics and especially not Bhuddists are automatically worthy of being called rational thinkers.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:04:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you did not notice, this was a semi-serious thread. It does not cover the technicalities of physical or metaphysical beings. It is just to express, if you could, what you would do.
Two more things. 1.You still have not stated what, exactly, you would do. 2. Its my wish, and I'm sticking to it. I'll amend it for you. Instead of all atheists, buddhists, and agnostics, any good, logical, RATIONAL, people who don't follow the crowd, as it were.
I miss the old members.
TAHRAQUE
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:06:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you do not acknowledge GOD, how come you know about HIM?

How come you use the word "god" if that "god" isn't existing at all?

How come you post a new topic regarding about God if you denies His existence?

How come you have lots of questions about Him? maybe trying to be judgmental?
NO, you are curious! you want to know the truth...

because in the deepest part of your heart, you are not satisfied with your own principle, GOD DO NOT EXIST IN YOU why ask??
Sus y demas parientes, suplican las almas piadosas una oracion por su eterno descanso, dela esla cruet eniermidad
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:07:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 7:04:37 AM, Atheism wrote:
If you did not notice, this was a semi-serious thread. It does not cover the technicalities of physical or metaphysical beings. It is just to express, if you could, what you would do.
Two more things. 1.You still have not stated what, exactly, you would do.

Fall down on my knees and worship it.

2. Its my wish, and I'm sticking to it. I'll amend it for you. Instead of all atheists, buddhists, and agnostics, any good, logical, RATIONAL, people who don't follow the crowd, as it were.

I'd give almost everyone an 'afterlife'.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:20:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 7:06:10 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:
If you do not acknowledge GOD, how come you know about HIM?

How come you use the word "god" if that "god" isn't existing at all?

How come you post a new topic regarding about God if you denies His existence?

How come you have lots of questions about Him? maybe trying to be judgmental?
NO, you are curious! you want to know the truth...

because in the deepest part of your heart, you are not satisfied with your own principle, GOD DO NOT EXIST IN YOU why ask??

Point 1: If I don't believe in unicorns, I still may acknowledge them.
Point 2: Again, if I don't believe in unicorns, I may still speak about them to assert that I don't believe in them.
Point 3: Because I want to? This point makes no sense. Retard.
Point 4: I have questions because I THINK! And I'm not asking questions about it, I'm asking questions about reactions to it. Learn to read properly.
Point 5: I am curious... about peoples' reactions.
Point 6: This was terrible written, and I can barely read it. In response, I am satisfied, I ask questions still because I have a thirst for knowledge. All evidence points to atheism. Please get off this thread if your not even going to reply to the main topic, fool.
I miss the old members.
TAHRAQUE
Posts: 34
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:32:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
san koriya malum dukati kalta

grwisbi varen ten nemo es

likud undum

--domios igrio!
Sus y demas parientes, suplican las almas piadosas una oracion por su eterno descanso, dela esla cruet eniermidad
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:34:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 7:32:04 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:
san koriya malum dukati kalta

grwisbi varen ten nemo es

likud undum

--domios igrio!


Wow... I can tell you are going to develop into a worthy member of this site.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
alto2osu
Posts: 277
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 9:38:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 7:06:10 AM, TAHRAQUE wrote:
If you do not acknowledge GOD, how come you know about HIM?

How come you use the word "god" if that "god" isn't existing at all?

How come you post a new topic regarding about God if you denies His existence?

How come you have lots of questions about Him? maybe trying to be judgmental?
NO, you are curious! you want to know the truth...

because in the deepest part of your heart, you are not satisfied with your own principle, GOD DO NOT EXIST IN YOU why ask??

1) Smart people explore even the things that they don't believe in, for a number of reasons.

2) I may not believe that unicorns exist, but I can still use the concept to further legitimate academic discussion on topics that are germane. Not believing that something exists does not preclude it from my intellectual vocabulary.

To answer the OP: in the case you present, I'd be addressing some key members of humanity, so I think I wouldn't say anything at all. :) Beating the hell out of someone implies wrong-doing, which I'd say was not the intent of those who are responsible for religion. Religion is merely a response to unexplainable natural phenomena. It makes sense as a coping mechanism for rational beings that die. However, note that the percentage of atheists and agnostics around the world is slowly but steadily increasing as humanity inches closer to explaining all those natural phenomena. I'd reserve the a$$-kickery for people who have chosen to use religion as a tool of manipulation, instead of a tool of reconciliation with life.
Veridas
Posts: 733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:04:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'd probably point to an enormous picture of just about every holy text, manuscript, artifact and person and say "what the hell, man?"
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:12:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I will simply ask the history of the universe to be explained to me in depth, and a reason as to why everything happened the way it did (good and bad).
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:17:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:12:27 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
I will simply ask the history of the universe to be explained to me in depth, and a reason as to why everything happened the way it did (good and bad).

how dare you presume to ask things of God.

if it were some thing which you should have knowledge of... the most gracious, merciful, benevolent GOD would have made it so that it would be provided.

and if you shouldn't have knowledge of it you shouldn't ask for it.

If I were to meet "God".... I wouldn't ask anything of him.

If he wanted me to know something... I'd know.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:20:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:17:44 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:12:27 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
I will simply ask the history of the universe to be explained to me in depth, and a reason as to why everything happened the way it did (good and bad).

how dare you presume to ask things of God.

if it were some thing which you should have knowledge of... the most gracious, merciful, benevolent GOD would have made it so that it would be provided.

and if you shouldn't have knowledge of it you shouldn't ask for it.

If I were to meet "God".... I wouldn't ask anything of him.

If he wanted me to know something... I'd know.

though... I might still be a bit skeptical of his being the be all end all... so I'd prolly ask:

"Why God?"

why/how is it such that there's a God?

what is the nature of God... why is God "GOD"

Then... I'd prolly be thrown down with the first dude to ask that of God: Lucifer.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:26:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Adding on to old post, I would point to a baby with harlequin ichthyosis and ask, "Why, you sadistic evil thing, why!?" And then kill god.
I miss the old members.
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:28:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
how dare you presume to ask things of God.

if it were some thing which you should have knowledge of... the most gracious, merciful, benevolent GOD would have made it so that it would be provided.

and if you shouldn't have knowledge of it you shouldn't ask for it.

If I were to meet "God".... I wouldn't ask anything of him.

If he wanted me to know something... I'd know.

Exactly, I don't think I would have to ask, as upon my death I will be granted such knowledge by God.
But the question of the post is, what would you ask? Or what piece of knowledge do you seek?
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:35:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:26:21 AM, Atheism wrote:
Adding on to old post, I would point to a baby with harlequin ichthyosis and ask, "Why, you sadistic evil thing, why!?" And then kill god.

There's a reason, god gives and god takes away. How can you understand god?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:40:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think anyone is understanding this topic. I started this to get some straight opinions, responses, or such, not get into debates on whether or not you can comprehend a god's word. This is all assuming it's real, of course.
I miss the old members.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:41:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:17:44 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:12:27 AM, CrappyDebater wrote:
I will simply ask the history of the universe to be explained to me in depth, and a reason as to why everything happened the way it did (good and bad).

how dare you presume to ask things of God.


You are assuming that such questioning is 'daring' or even 'presumptive'.

if it were some thing which you should have knowledge of... the most gracious, merciful, benevolent GOD would have made it so that it would be provided.


Maybe he wants us to ask.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
CrappyDebater
Posts: 334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:45:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:26:21 AM, Atheism wrote:
Adding on to old post, I would point to a baby with harlequin ichthyosis and ask, "Why, you sadistic evil thing, why!?" And then kill god.

Ryan's soul was created, and thus, will get to live in Heaven eternally. Notice the crucifix he wears around his neck.
I'm fairly sure he himself has questioned WHY GOD? WHY ME? WHY THIS?
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:45:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Yes, everyone assumes we cannot comprehend 'god.' Why, then, are people preaching about him when they are obviously lying? IF anything, if god is incomprehensible, there should be no religion, unless it is faulty. /win.
I miss the old members.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:47:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The problem of evil comes to mind. Standard argument, god created all, including satan. Therefore, he created a being that would spread evil. Now, being omniscient and omnipresent, he could've predicted this and made it not so. Therefore, god is either unreal or sadist, again.
I miss the old members.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:47:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:40:43 AM, Atheism wrote:
I don't think anyone is understanding this topic. I started this to get some straight opinions, responses, or such, not get into debates on whether or not you can comprehend a god's word. This is all assuming it's real, of course.

You can't go and have some emotional tantrum at god if you had his power. It's stupid because you can't understand why he does these things you hate.

Your tantrum is all lovely and fair if god thinks like as human but he doesn't. You can't kill him for good reason otherwise.

How do you know anything about good without another standard? How do you know that god kills so another can be born elsewhere is another universe? You don't know so quit b*tching.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:48:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:45:35 AM, Atheism wrote:
Yes, everyone assumes we cannot comprehend 'god.' Why, then, are people preaching about him when they are obviously lying? IF anything, if god is incomprehensible, there should be no religion, unless it is faulty. /win.

Partially comprehensible. You only see the results not the reasons.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:49:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Does that matter? In my eyes, and many others, a true god would be irrevocably evil. Now, if I had the power, screw if its good or bad, I would kill god. As of then, god should've just flat out told his reason, or, his being god, given me the power to understand before I killed him. Alas, he didn't and is now dead.
I miss the old members.
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:51:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:47:30 AM, Atheism wrote:
The problem of evil comes to mind. Standard argument, god created all, including satan. Therefore, he created a being that would spread evil. Now, being omniscient and omnipresent, he could've predicted this and made it not so. Therefore, god is either unreal or sadist, again.

What is good?

Bad is the absence of god.

You can argue against god, the problem of evil is just a dumb emotional plea.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:51:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
And again, do I need whatever 'his' reason's are? Tbh, if god's intentions were the earth as is, that's a horrible god. It deserves to die.
I miss the old members.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:52:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:47:30 AM, Atheism wrote:
The problem of evil comes to mind. Standard argument, god created all, including satan. Therefore, he created a being that would spread evil. Now, being omniscient and omnipresent, he could've predicted this and made it not so. Therefore, god is either unreal or sadist, again.

Or has a really good reason we don't know about. :)
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:52:53 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:51:08 AM, Zetsubou wrote:


What is good?

Bad is the absence of god.

You can argue against god, the problem of evil is just a dumb emotional plea.

Nonsense. Debate me over it.
Atheism
Posts: 2,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:53:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 10:51:08 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 6/1/2010 10:47:30 AM, Atheism wrote:
The problem of evil comes to mind. Standard argument, god created all, including satan. Therefore, he created a being that would spread evil. Now, being omniscient and omnipresent, he could've predicted this and made it not so. Therefore, god is either unreal or sadist, again.

What is good?

Bad is the absence of god.

You can argue against god, the problem of evil is just a dumb emotional plea.

Bad is not the absence of god, as you haven't yet proven that god is the source of good without being the source of evil. And since you just ruled out the problem of evil, you just invalidated your entire to-be argument.
I miss the old members.