Total Posts:94|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Aliens.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 6:50:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wasn't sure which forum this topic belonged in, so I decided that religion would be the closes related to what I forecast will be discussed. However, last night I watched the movie 'The Forth Kind' I enjoyed it, although I found it hard to believe that what was said to be real footage, to actually be real footage.

The movie is based off real case studies by psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler where he taped a hand full of suspected abductees. The suspected abductees were put into a state of relaxation which helps them to remember what occurred during their terrifying experience in the bed room. In the Alaskan town of Nome, people without trace have been disappearing, despite FBI investigations, there is a great lack of alternative explanation as far as normal missing cases are concerned. What interested me most of all was one recording which claimed to have been the voice of the unwelcome guests during the night. There was one scene which hit home the most, where the video recording captured the unknown voice confessing to be God. The woman, now in a wheel chair due to a suppose experimentation abroad the UFO said she felt a strong unpleasant sense of hopelessness while the video recording. Where during, the two men and the one woman were abducted. Also to mention that the woman's daughter was abducted as she went through the ceiling, sleep paralysis, hallucinations? I'll leave that open for debate. But it is crucial to mention that the daughter is still missing, given that this all happened back in 2000.

The greatest and most convincing puzzle of this case is the unsolved, clueless disappearances of numerous amounts of people. Where have they gone? This seems to give peoples testimonies a ring of truth.

To link this to a related subject, I have heard about a underground base in Dulas, New Mexico where men, woman and child are locked in cells to be subject for experimentation. Is that where such people are taken?

The whole UFO phenomena is a very sad, and a very unnerving and even scary case, as a young boy years ago did not ever expect such from this. Given the excitement factor of there being simply other life far, far away, as our gentle alien buddies flying around in their space ships just to see what we are doing day to day. This concept is a light year away in my book. For me, I believe strongly that our future will not be as expected.

It is a difficult issue, for one is it hard to connect to people who are unfamiliar with this and unwilling to accept, they think you are slightly off the tracks and unreasonable to believe the whole UFO theory, and secondly despite any credible explanation to these disappearances, they won't accept the only possible so to speak 'out of this world' explanation. Rather they keep to themselves their much loved and safe approach.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:15:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I don't think this goes in religion, nor do I see what kind of response you want.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:17:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 7:15:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I don't think this goes in religion, nor do I see what kind of response you want.

That's what I said. Well, the latter part.

GS, is there actually anything you want to ask? I mean, all you did was post a half-rambling thread. I don't think anyone gets it.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:32:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 6/1/2010 7:17:53 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/1/2010 7:15:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I don't think this goes in religion, nor do I see what kind of response you want.

That's what I said. Well, the latter part.

GS, is there actually anything you want to ask? I mean, all you did was post a half-rambling thread. I don't think anyone gets it.


Well I have set out questions throughout what I wrote, and I've asked has anyone seen the movie.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:34:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Just to note, GS, the entire movie was fake: http://en.wikipedia.org...

The film, although a work of fiction, purports to be based on a true story, and the movie contains what are claimed to be actual clips and records, made by a psychologist from Nome, Alaska, Dr. Abigail Tyler (Jovovich / Milchard), in a mock-documentary style similar to The Blair Witch Project and Lake Mungo. It purports to faithfully portray events that took place in the year 2000.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 7:54:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 6/1/2010 7:34:28 PM, Volkov wrote:
Just to note, GS, the entire movie was fake: http://en.wikipedia.org...

The film, although a work of fiction, purports to be based on a true story, and the movie contains what are claimed to be actual clips and records, made by a psychologist from Nome, Alaska, Dr. Abigail Tyler (Jovovich / Milchard), in a mock-documentary style similar to The Blair Witch Project and Lake Mungo. It purports to faithfully portray events that took place in the year 2000.

Best to read into it first, I wouldn't conclude too soon, check out a few sites and other sources.
omelet
Posts: 416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 9:29:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I found it hard to believe that what was said to be real footage, to actually be real footage.

Not accepting all testimony you hear is progress, GodSands. I'm proud of you for your skepticism.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2010 10:08:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 6/1/2010 9:29:17 PM, omelet wrote:
I found it hard to believe that what was said to be real footage, to actually be real footage.

Not accepting all testimony you hear is progress, GodSands. I'm proud of you for your skepticism.


Yeah it just didn't seem legitimate. Like that recent movie Paranormal Activity, which I have not seen, nor do I want to. But it's like that. However I have to say the movie does carry elements that real life men and woman claim to have experienced, for example, abductions can enable the abductees to define physics, or not using the door method, rather going through the wall. However, by saying that, where on earth does all this UFO 'goop' come from? Since the 1960's has this phenomenon popped up.

You have to ask, what are these people experiencing if they are wrong? It is not just blunt, none meaningful experiences rather meaningful, life changing experiences. In such cases as abductions, people are abducted from childhood to the present, could these experiences be sleep paralysis's, hallucinations? When people wake up with implants, or go missing for days on end after chasing some bright light. And the millions and millions of sighting of UFO's each year, and also 10 thousand people go missing in the US each year, what's up with that?

Side note: I went for a evening stroll, lived in the town now for 12 years. This evening it began to rain very hard and since I was walking in dense wood land I became lost and...well kept walking in a single direction, by the morning I found myself in a unfamiliar scene.....Upside down in a ditch, enable to move, my voice has disappeared, but I haven't I just down a ditch upside down.

Really? 10 thousand of those? Of course many of them are kidnapped and murdered but without evidence of this, in that they disappear, rather than found dead. Such a large amount of people disappearing seems to me to match up with this UFO phenomenon. This UFO case goes much further than one would first believe.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 2:58:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 6:50:14 PM, GodSands wrote:
I wasn't sure which forum this topic belonged in, so I decided that religion would be the closes related to what I forecast will be discussed. However, last night I watched the movie 'The Forth Kind' I enjoyed it, although I found it hard to believe that what was said to be real footage, to actually be real footage.

The movie is based off real case studies by psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler where he taped a hand full of suspected abductees. The suspected abductees were put into a state of relaxation which helps them to remember what occurred during their terrifying experience in the bed room. In the Alaskan town of Nome, people without trace have been disappearing, despite FBI investigations, there is a great lack of alternative explanation as far as normal missing cases are concerned. What interested me most of all was one recording which claimed to have been the voice of the unwelcome guests during the night. There was one scene which hit home the most, where the video recording captured the unknown voice confessing to be God. The woman, now in a wheel chair due to a suppose experimentation abroad the UFO said she felt a strong unpleasant sense of hopelessness while the video recording. Where during, the two men and the one woman were abducted. Also to mention that the woman's daughter was abducted as she went through the ceiling, sleep paralysis, hallucinations? I'll leave that open for debate. But it is crucial to mention that the daughter is still missing, given that this all happened back in 2000.

The greatest and most convincing puzzle of this case is the unsolved, clueless disappearances of numerous amounts of people. Where have they gone? This seems to give peoples testimonies a ring of truth.

To link this to a related subject, I have heard about a underground base in Dulas, New Mexico where men, woman and child are locked in cells to be subject for experimentation. Is that where such people are taken?

The whole UFO phenomena is a very sad, and a very unnerving and even scary case, as a young boy years ago did not ever expect such from this. Given the excitement factor of there being simply other life far, far away, as our gentle alien buddies flying around in their space ships just to see what we are doing day to day. This concept is a light year away in my book. For me, I believe strongly that our future will not be as expected.

It is a difficult issue, for one is it hard to connect to people who are unfamiliar with this and unwilling to accept, they think you are slightly off the tracks and unreasonable to believe the whole UFO theory, and secondly despite any credible explanation to these disappearances, they won't accept the only possible so to speak 'out of this world' explanation. Rather they keep to themselves their much loved and safe approach.

The film is a hoax, the details are faked and the real footage is not. The real psychologist is an actress. Terrible film, excellent concepts, but still a hoax.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:55:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/1/2010 6:50:14 PM, GodSands wrote:
I wasn't sure which forum this topic belonged in, so I decided that religion would be the closes related to what I forecast will be discussed. However, last night I watched the movie 'The Forth Kind' I enjoyed it, although I found it hard to believe that what was said to be real footage, to actually be real footage.

The movie is based off real case studies by psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler where he taped a hand full of suspected abductees. The suspected abductees were put into a state of relaxation which helps them to remember what occurred during their terrifying experience in the bed room. In the Alaskan town of Nome, people without trace have been disappearing, despite FBI investigations, there is a great lack of alternative explanation as far as normal missing cases are concerned. What interested me most of all was one recording which claimed to have been the voice of the unwelcome guests during the night. There was one scene which hit home the most, where the video recording captured the unknown voice confessing to be God. The woman, now in a wheel chair due to a suppose experimentation abroad the UFO said she felt a strong unpleasant sense of hopelessness while the video recording. Where during, the two men and the one woman were abducted. Also to mention that the woman's daughter was abducted as she went through the ceiling, sleep paralysis, hallucinations? I'll leave that open for debate. But it is crucial to mention that the daughter is still missing, given that this all happened back in 2000.

The greatest and most convincing puzzle of this case is the unsolved, clueless disappearances of numerous amounts of people. Where have they gone? This seems to give peoples testimonies a ring of truth.

To link this to a related subject, I have heard about a underground base in Dulas, New Mexico where men, woman and child are locked in cells to be subject for experimentation. Is that where such people are taken?

The whole UFO phenomena is a very sad, and a very unnerving and even scary case, as a young boy years ago did not ever expect such from this. Given the excitement factor of there being simply other life far, far away, as our gentle alien buddies flying around in their space ships just to see what we are doing day to day. This concept is a light year away in my book. For me, I believe strongly that our future will not be as expected.

It is a difficult issue, for one is it hard to connect to people who are unfamiliar with this and unwilling to accept, they think you are slightly off the tracks and unreasonable to believe the whole UFO theory, and secondly despite any credible explanation to these disappearances, they won't accept the only possible so to speak 'out of this world' explanation. Rather they keep to themselves their much loved and safe approach.

It's demonic. Plain and simple.
The Cross.. the Cross.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 8:01:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I quite liked the film, but yeah, it isn't real. However the film isn't the core of the alien case. What the film did, was to get real actually data of what happenes to real people and applied that to a movie for enjoyment and excitement. But there are millions of men, woman and children who claim to have been abducted since the earily 1960's.

And there is actually hundreds of actually men and woman who have worked for the FBI etc, and have made statements on the U.F.O Disclosure Project. However they will say that they are from other planets originally, but that is a lie, they aren't, rather here to deceive us and send many of us to hell.
lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 8:25:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
The patient were well payed.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 1:04:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
There are 1 billion people that claim that Mohammed is the one true prophet of God...but that doesn't make it so.

Why would an advanced civilization that has conquered space travel, come all the way here to examine people's @ssholes? I don't think so.

If there are aliens that can travel here, I think that they'll either befriend us and help us or try to wipe us out.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 2:52:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 6/2/2010 1:04:23 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
There are 1 billion people that claim that Mohammed is the one true prophet of God...but that doesn't make it so.

Why would an advanced civilization that has conquered space travel, come all the way here to examine people's @ssholes? I don't think so.

If there are aliens that can travel here, I think that they'll either befriend us and help us or try to wipe us out.


Thats a different claim althoughter, I don't know if 1 billion people think that of Mohammed, but it is different from millions and millions of people claiming to see UFO's and claiming to be abducted. It isn't the same.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:08:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 2:52:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 6/2/2010 1:04:23 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
There are 1 billion people that claim that Mohammed is the one true prophet of God...but that doesn't make it so.

Why would an advanced civilization that has conquered space travel, come all the way here to examine people's @ssholes? I don't think so.

If there are aliens that can travel here, I think that they'll either befriend us and help us or try to wipe us out.


Thats a different claim althoughter, I don't know if 1 billion people think that of Mohammed, but it is different from millions and millions of people claiming to see UFO's and claiming to be abducted. It isn't the same.

I can easily find you more people that believe in Islam than believe in alien abductions. That's what I meant.

It's the same in the sense that, lacking any real evidence, believing in alien abductions is more a matter of faith than anything else.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:19:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 6/2/2010 3:08:28 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 6/2/2010 2:52:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 6/2/2010 1:04:23 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
There are 1 billion people that claim that Mohammad is the one true prophet of God...but that doesn't make it so.

Why would an advanced civilization that has conquered space travel, come all the way here to examine people's @ssholes? I don't think so.

If there are aliens that can travel here, I think that they'll either befriend us and help us or try to wipe us out.


That's a different claim altogether, I don't know if 1 billion people think that of Mohammad, but it is different from millions and millions of people claiming to see UFO's and claiming to be abducted. It isn't the same.

I can easily find you more people that believe in Islam than believe in alien abductions. That's what I meant.

It's the same in the sense that, lacking any real evidence, believing in alien abductions is more a matter of faith than anything else.


Well much like most things in life, to believe in evolution, in Jesus Christ, in Santa, in life after death, there being no life after death, to believe in God or not to, they all take faith. But what we have is millions of people claiming to have been abducted, in many cases more than once, and this has only been an on going account since the 1960's and before that time just before WW2 there were accounts of visual sightings of UFO's. Now, do you really believe that this is to do with our evolution which would scope it down to hallucinations and what not? For one I don't think evolution ever had a place in the history of the universe, and it's going to take a hell more of a leap of faith to think evolution is responsible for this huge phenomena taking place all over our planet and in space, where NASA have identified these 'now known' space crafts.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:23:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 3:08:28 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 6/2/2010 2:52:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 6/2/2010 1:04:23 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
There are 1 billion people that claim that Mohammed is the one true prophet of God...but that doesn't make it so.

Why would an advanced civilization that has conquered space travel, come all the way here to examine people's @ssholes? I don't think so.

If there are aliens that can travel here, I think that they'll either befriend us and help us or try to wipe us out.


Thats a different claim althoughter, I don't know if 1 billion people think that of Mohammed, but it is different from millions and millions of people claiming to see UFO's and claiming to be abducted. It isn't the same.

I can easily find you more people that believe in Islam than believe in alien abductions. That's what I meant.

It's the same in the sense that, lacking any real evidence, believing in alien abductions is more a matter of faith than anything else.

Eye witness testimony =/= Belief!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Think people. Belief in God or Mohammed as prophet is not the same as people who claim to be abducted. Believers believe in God, NOT because they saw him, but because it's in a book. Alien abductees believe in aliens because they actually claim to have saw them and encounter them.

Whether the claims are true or not is irrelevant. The point is, one claims to see and experience, the other simply believes. Two different claims.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:41:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 3:23:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:08:28 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 6/2/2010 2:52:18 PM, GodSands wrote:
: At 6/2/2010 1:04:23 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
There are 1 billion people that claim that Mohammed is the one true prophet of God...but that doesn't make it so.

Why would an advanced civilization that has conquered space travel, come all the way here to examine people's @ssholes? I don't think so.

If there are aliens that can travel here, I think that they'll either befriend us and help us or try to wipe us out.


Thats a different claim althoughter, I don't know if 1 billion people think that of Mohammed, but it is different from millions and millions of people claiming to see UFO's and claiming to be abducted. It isn't the same.

I can easily find you more people that believe in Islam than believe in alien abductions. That's what I meant.

It's the same in the sense that, lacking any real evidence, believing in alien abductions is more a matter of faith than anything else.

Eye witness testimony =/= Belief!!!!!!!!!


Seriously. Think people. Belief in God or Mohammed as prophet is not the same as people who claim to be abducted. Believers believe in God, NOT because they saw him, but because it's in a book. Alien abductees believe in aliens because they actually claim to have saw them and encounter them.

Whether the claims are true or not is irrelevant. The point is, one claims to see and experience, the other simply believes. Two different claims.

In one time and place they will experience being abducted by proto-humans, demons, faeries and now aliens. It is simply a psychological condition.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:42:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 3:23:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Whether the claims are true or not is irrelevant. The point is, one claims to see and experience, the other simply believes. Two different claims.

Er, not necessarily. Most people who truly believe in a God believe they've personally experienced interaction with Him, just as your alien abductees do. If you compare the lay Christian, sure, but you'd have to be fair and compare the lay Christian to the lay believer in aliens. They both believe usually out of theoretical positions, aye.

But if you compare fundamentalist Christians with people who claim to be alien abductees, they both believe usually based on what they claim is personal experience. No difference.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 3:58:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 3:42:57 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:23:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Whether the claims are true or not is irrelevant. The point is, one claims to see and experience, the other simply believes. Two different claims.

Er, not necessarily. Most people who truly believe in a God believe they've personally experienced interaction with Him, just as your alien abductees do. If you compare the lay Christian, sure, but you'd have to be fair and compare the lay Christian to the lay believer in aliens. They both believe usually out of theoretical positions, aye.

But if you compare fundamentalist Christians with people who claim to be alien abductees, they both believe usually based on what they claim is personal experience. No difference.

The assertion concerned people who believe in God, not people who experienced God. Do you honestly think the worlds population that believes in God actually claims to see and talk to God? If they claimed that, they are claiming to be prophets. I doubt that God-believers say they are prophets, but rather that they have faith.

People who see aliens actually see (or claim to see) aliens physically manifest in the flesh. Even DATCMOTO won't claim that, and he's one who claims to hear God talking. God believers don't claim to see God (Jesus) in the flesh physically manifest.

So alien testimonies are actually testimonies. God belief is not. God belief isn't based on experience, but on faith.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:07:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 3:58:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The assertion concerned people who believe in God, not people who experienced God. Do you honestly think the worlds population that believes in God actually claims to see and talk to God?

Do you honestly think the worlds population that believes in aliens actually claims to have been abducted?

If they claimed that, they are claiming to be prophets. I doubt that God-believers say they are prophets, but rather that they have faith.

I've never heard of that before, besides, I didn't say "talks to and sees." I said personal experience, of which could be many things, ranging from fuzzy feelings to speaking in tongues to prophetic visions.

People who see aliens actually see (or claim to see) aliens physically manifest in the flesh. Even DATCMOTO won't claim that, and he's one who claims to hear God talking. God believers don't claim to see God (Jesus) in the flesh physically manifest.

Yes, because if someone claims to see something in the flesh, it must be true.

Nevermind the fact that quite a few people who claim visions "see" God or heavenly agents in the "flesh," just as alien abductees do. Funny how it works out.

So alien testimonies are actually testimonies. God belief is not. God belief isn't based on experience, but on faith.

Geo, this is a very flimsy case. I urge you to abandon it.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:12:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 3:58:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

So alien testimonies are actually testimonies. God belief is not. God belief isn't based on experience, but on faith.

This is such a fail point. The vast majority of theists become theists because of personal experience.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:15:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 4:12:27 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
The vast majority of theists become theists because of personal experience.

Birth is a personal experience? ...I mean, I guess.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:17:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 4:15:13 PM, Nags wrote:
At 6/2/2010 4:12:27 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
The vast majority of theists become theists because of personal experience.

Birth is a personal experience? ...I mean, I guess.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:21:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 4:17:41 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 6/2/2010 4:15:13 PM, Nags wrote:
At 6/2/2010 4:12:27 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
The vast majority of theists become theists because of personal experience.

Birth is a personal experience? ...I mean, I guess.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.

But I see your point. I should've said the vast majority of theists claim to have personal experience with God and it has lead many to believe in God.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:23:03 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
: At 6/2/2010 3:42:57 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:23:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Whether the claims are true or not is irrelevant. The point is, one claims to see and experience, the other simply believes. Two different claims.

Er, not necessarily. Most people who truly believe in a God believe they've personally experienced interaction with Him, just as your alien abductees do. If you compare the lay Christian, sure, but you'd have to be fair and compare the lay Christian to the lay believer in aliens. They both believe usually out of theoretical positions, aye.

But if you compare fundamentalist Christians with people who claim to be alien abductees, they both believe usually based on what they claim is personal experience. No difference.


Yeah I do agree here. I have experienced the presents of God on a few occations. Once when I was born again and another time about a year later at a Christian youth weekend away on an airbase. I have experience a strange nights sleep, where I decided to remove a post card of an alien version of the Mona Lisa from my bed room wall, and that same very night I experience what many would call a sleep paralysis, however I would portray it differenly. It was a typical sleep paralysis situation, I couldn't move a muscle but my eyes, I couldn't speak but only grone and mumble. I also saw a figure in the left corner of my vision. It was dark so I could only make out a outline of a bulbous head. However I did have up my similar looking electro light, the one it is a round bulbous shape. I took it down the following day.

However there is no science which can explain the connect between me deciding to remove the post card and I having a sleep paralysis, if any of you say it was a mere sleep paralysis, you have only solved half the puzzle, I have never had a sleep paralysis up until that night, and I haven't since. And believe me, I have had bad sleep patterns in the past, since it is thought that bad sleep patterens cause sleep paralysis'.

That is the only experience I have seemed to have with alien/demon entities. Abductions can't be hallucinations or sleep paralysis', you are totally removed from your surroundings, although I do have a very close friend who experienced waking up in his car during the night, with something to do with a demon. He said that he knew it he wasn't actually in the car, but he did say it seemed very real. And after waking up in his bed in the morning, it must have seemed to him to be a untrue event of some kind.

These so called 'sleep paralysises' have been around for many, many years way back before the 1200's, so it's nothing new. But the UFO/ET lark is new, only since the 1930's. Where people have experienced UFO's and ET's while awake, not in the middle of the night but rather on the way home, on the way to work and fro. It is also very encourging, for me at least that what is happening between many people all over the world and abductions and what goes on in the craft seems to fit the dream of king Nebuchadnezzar in the book of Daniel. These entities have been reported by abductees to have been taken their sperm or their egg for some kind of testing. Turns out for genetic modification. They want to look like us and that's why the greys entities do slightly. But in any means it fits the dream of king Nebuchadnezzar where he dreamt of a statue made up of 4 different metals, the feet made up of clay and iron. Seems to me that it represents the genetic mixing of human and 'alien' DNA.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:24:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Claiming to have seen God (which is not possible in my opinion) does not mean that you claim to be a prophet, as much as claiming to have seen aliens does not mean that you claim to be a schizophrenic.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2010 4:26:06 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/2/2010 4:07:54 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 6/2/2010 3:58:23 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
The assertion concerned people who believe in God, not people who experienced God. Do you honestly think the worlds population that believes in God actually claims to see and talk to God?

Do you honestly think the worlds population that believes in aliens actually claims to have been abducted?

We aren't talking about alien believers. We're talking about people who claim to be abducted.

If they claimed that, they are claiming to be prophets. I doubt that God-believers say they are prophets, but rather that they have faith.

I've never heard of that before, besides, I didn't say "talks to and sees." I said personal experience, of which could be many things, ranging from fuzzy feelings to speaking in tongues to prophetic visions.

Ok. This is my point. Alien abductees don't refer to hazy visions and possession, but physical abduction.

God believers can have delusional experiences that seem real, but this isn't true for abductees. Alien abductees are either telling the truth or they are lying. God experiencers can be genuinely believe their experience and still be false.

People who see aliens actually see (or claim to see) aliens physically manifest in the flesh. Even DATCMOTO won't claim that, and he's one who claims to hear God talking. God believers don't claim to see God (Jesus) in the flesh physically manifest.

Yes, because if someone claims to see something in the flesh, it must be true.

Strawman. This isn't even what the argument is about. Right now, I don't care about whether abductions are real, I'm simply distinguishig the difference between the claims.

I said earlier that it doesn't matter if the claim is true or not, because were arguing about the type of claim.

Nevermind the fact that quite a few people who claim visions "see" God or heavenly agents in the "flesh," just as alien abductees do. Funny how it works out.

Abductions aren't visions. Experiences and visions are different claims.

So alien testimonies are actually testimonies. God belief is not. God belief isn't based on experience, but on faith.

Geo, this is a very flimsy case. I urge you to abandon it.

No, you simply don't understand the argument and it's very irritating trying clarify this absurdity of a fail argument put forth by tBoone and many others who've argued the same.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat