Jump to topic:

Looking for a verse or two.

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:11:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was told with confidence that there actually isn't any place in the old testament where Satan and the demons are described as falling from heaven. But I'd swear I saw it.

It may come as a surprise to you but I study the bible quite in-depth every week. It serves to continually remind me why I'm not Christian.

Do you have any idea where these verses are?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2010 11:21:18 PM
From http://www.beliefnet.com...

"
Part 1: Bible Verses That Refer Directly to Satan's Fall
1 Timothy 3:6 indicates that pride caused Satan's downfall. For many Christians the verse is one of the few that speaks directly about the fall of Satan. No wonder John Calvin felt compelled to write that many "grumble that Scripture does not in numerous passages set forth systematically and clearly the fall of the devils…." Still, in the "Institutes of the Christian Religion," Calvin writes that the Bible reveals all we need to know about the fall of angels, and that "we should be content with this concise information."

Other Biblical scholars find Satan's fall described in Isaiah 14:12-14 and Ezekiel 28:12-18. Jewish interpretation of these verses state that in Isaiah the verses are about the King of Babylon, while in Ezekiel the verses are about the prophecy against the King of Tyre. However, many but not all Christians see a double reference in these verses and believe they describe both the ancient kings and the fall of Satan.

"
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2010 3:33:39 AM
At 6/4/2010 11:11:12 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I was told with confidence that there actually isn't any place in the old testament where Satan and the demons are described as falling from heaven. But I'd swear I saw it.

It may come as a surprise to you but I study the bible quite in-depth every week. It serves to continually remind me why I'm not Christian.

Do you have any idea where these verses are?

Read Johns Gospel with an open mind.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2010 1:20:33 PM
At 6/4/2010 11:11:12 PM, FREEDO wrote:

glad you still expose yourself to the word, but it shall not save you in the coming judgment if you have renounced the name of Jesus Christ as your savior that was the seal that held the spirit in.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.