Total Posts:129|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Devil

bulproof
Posts: 29,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:06:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

No.

Idkwtfuck that is, unless we're talking about, wtf, Toby McGuire?

No.

Like, uh... in an I, Lucifer sort of way.

Like, literally, the Prince of Darkness, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Lord of Lies, Lord of the Flies, Caleb Trask, Declan Gunn, Lillith, Every Antagonist Ever...

You're cast from sanctity, turned from love, and by the merit of your nature, denied love.

And you feel...? And you're...? And your feelings about humanity are...? And your comparability between man and nature is...?
Wylted
Posts: 24,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:21:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Great contribution to the conversation
Composer
Posts: 6,182
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:23:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Former Polytheist MCB is a perfect example of a Devil!

i.e. Former Polytheist MCB slanders his own supposed god!

Former Polytheist MCB's own supposed god told MCB that Mikey is NOT jebus!

Former Polytheist MCB says it is! therefore slandering his own supposed god!

Former Polytheist MCB also ' claimed ' to be always happy with his god but then Former Polytheist MCB admitted he has contemplated literal suicide on more than one occasion and it was NOT his supposed faith in his supposed god(s) that saved him, but MCB's DOGs that saved him!
bulproof
Posts: 29,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:26:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:21:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Great contribution to the conversation
Yes it is but you won't understand, that's just the way you are.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Bennett91
Posts: 5,339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:28:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

If I were the Devil I'd step up my game and make sure to more people end up going to Hell. But then I'd make Hell a nice place that understands humanity. Then declare war on Heaven ... >.>
David Hildebrand - The Progressive Alternative to Dianne Feinstein! http://www.davidforcalifornia.com...

When the Fascist and the Communist argue over which ideology is better they're really just arguing over preferred styles of bureaucracy before getting sent to a death camp.
Wylted
Posts: 24,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:34:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:26:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:21:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Great contribution to the conversation
Yes it is but you won't understand, that's just the way you are.

I don't understand because you're full of crap.

Please explain what extraordinary contribution that post was. What type of deeply philosophical argument this was that increased everyone's understanding.
dee-em
Posts: 8,217
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:37:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:06:07 PM, Such wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

No.

Idkwtfuck that is, unless we're talking about, wtf, Toby McGuire?

The Devil's Welcoming Speech, by Rowan Atkinson

http://www.epicure.me.uk...
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Wylted
Posts: 24,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:39:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Oh I see it now. That was pure genius. You should have this published for peer review.

You may get the Nobel peace prize.
bulproof
Posts: 29,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:41:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:34:31 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:26:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:21:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Great contribution to the conversation
Yes it is but you won't understand, that's just the way you are.

I don't understand because you're full of crap.

Please explain what extraordinary contribution that post was. What type of deeply philosophical argument this was that increased everyone's understanding.

Children of severely limited intelligence shouldn't even be seen much less heard.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:46:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:39:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Oh I see it now. That was pure genius. You should have this published for peer review.

You may get the Nobel peace prize.

Sigh....do I really need to point out his post was on topic?
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:47:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:37:30 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:06:07 PM, Such wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

No.

Idkwtfuck that is, unless we're talking about, wtf, Toby McGuire?

The Devil's Welcoming Speech, by Rowan Atkinson

http://www.epicure.me.uk...

Lol, I can picture Rowan perfectly in that role.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:49:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

I would get a public image consultant straight away.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
PetersSmith
Posts: 6,894
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:49:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

I'm presuming you'd kick back in Hell and indulge in the seven deadly sins all the time while chilling in the 9 circles with your damned friends. Either that or you'll be frozen in place and be forced to chew on the greatest traitors in history according to Dante.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dee-em
Posts: 8,217
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:50:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:47:05 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:37:30 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:06:07 PM, Such wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

No.

Idkwtfuck that is, unless we're talking about, wtf, Toby McGuire?

The Devil's Welcoming Speech, by Rowan Atkinson

http://www.epicure.me.uk...

Lol, I can picture Rowan perfectly in that role.

Yep, me too. I haven't seen this skit, but I'm going to look it up on youtube now. :-)
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:52:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:46:05 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:39:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Oh I see it now. That was pure genius. You should have this published for peer review.

You may get the Nobel peace prize.

Sigh....do I really need to point out his post was on topic?

Yes.

Yes, you do for the common layman who doesn't even consider the possibility that a standup by "Mr. Bean" could even be worth watching.

But, I will admit that I appreciate that it was mentioned, just in case it was worth watching.

<watching>
uncung
Posts: 4,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:56:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

Devil is a jiin. He also satan. He used to worship God but denied later on. He will keep alive till judgement day. He will be tortured in hell eternally along with his followers.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:56:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Lmfao, "the French. If you'll just come down here with the Germans, so you have enough to talk about...?"

"And Christians.... Christians? I'm afraid the Jews were right."

Excellent. Yes. Suddenly, I realize this conversation is going in the right direction.
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 5:57:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:56:58 PM, uncung wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

Devil is a jiin. He also satan. He used to worship God but denied later on. He will keep alive till judgement day. He will be tortured in hell eternally along with his followers.

And, in knowing that, and further, having knowledge of all that greater than humanity at large, what is his motivation?
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:01:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:49:12 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

I would get a public image consultant straight away.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played on humanity was...?"

Beg to differ.
bulproof
Posts: 29,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:02:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
My little one liners usually possess profundity beyond most peoples capacity to understand, witness this thread.
Only the very intelligent and insightful on here understand what I write and I've never seen a theist get it ever.
That's not a boast, it's just a fact.
Once again.
Witness this thread.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:03:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:52:13 PM, Such wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:46:05 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:39:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Oh I see it now. That was pure genius. You should have this published for peer review.

You may get the Nobel peace prize.

Sigh....do I really need to point out his post was on topic?

Yes.

Yes, you do for the common layman who doesn't even consider the possibility that a standup by "Mr. Bean" could even be worth watching.

But, I will admit that I appreciate that it was mentioned, just in case it was worth watching.

<watching>

Sorry, this post was not directed at you. We may not have understood the post originally, but that does not change that is was appropriate. Asking how it applies (which you did) is much more reasonable than berating posters based on ignorance.
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
Wylted
Posts: 24,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:07:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:41:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:34:31 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:26:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:21:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Great contribution to the conversation
Yes it is but you won't understand, that's just the way you are.

I don't understand because you're full of crap.

Please explain what extraordinary contribution that post was. What type of deeply philosophical argument this was that increased everyone's understanding.

Children of severely limited intelligence shouldn't even be seen much less heard.

Mere insult because you can't have a logical debate as evidenced by your fear of actually debating.
Wylted
Posts: 24,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:08:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:46:05 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:39:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Oh I see it now. That was pure genius. You should have this published for peer review.

You may get the Nobel peace prize.

Sigh....do I really need to point out his post was on topic?

Sure but it's a hit and run post without much thought. I'm just pointing out to him that he lacks the intellectual capacity for serious debate and responding to some of his posts to point out why he's a problem.
bulproof
Posts: 29,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:09:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 6:07:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:41:56 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:34:31 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:26:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:21:16 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:00:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

You mean Toby?

Great contribution to the conversation
Yes it is but you won't understand, that's just the way you are.

I don't understand because you're full of crap.

Please explain what extraordinary contribution that post was. What type of deeply philosophical argument this was that increased everyone's understanding.

Children of severely limited intelligence shouldn't even be seen much less heard.

Mere insult because you can't have a logical debate as evidenced by your fear of actually debating.

Just a statement of fact as usual. Well beyond your ken.
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
George Bernard Shaw
Such
Posts: 1,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:10:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 6:02:47 PM, bulproof wrote:
My little one liners usually possess profundity beyond most peoples capacity to understand, witness this thread.
Only the very intelligent and insightful on here understand what I write and I've never seen a theist get it ever.
That's not a boast, it's just a fact.
Once again.
Witness this thread.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't just jump into autofellacio in front of everyone quite yet.

Granted, it was at least relevant, and in general, somewhat entertaining, but I think you're making a rather large-scale exaggeration of its profundity.

I get that you're not religious, but no one is asking you to jump up and go get baptized to engage in this conversation.
Gentorev
Posts: 4,162
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:11:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 5:57:55 PM, Such wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:56:58 PM, uncung wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

Devil is a jiin. He also satan. He used to worship God but denied later on. He will keep alive till judgement day. He will be tortured in hell eternally along with his followers.

And, in knowing that, and further, having knowledge of all that greater than humanity at large, what is his motivation?

Who'd want to be the devil? He's such a deceptive animal is that bloke. He showed me a vision of Hell, and there were naked women everywhere.

So I chose hell as my eternal abode, but when I caught meself a beautiful blond, I discovered that she had no genitalia and when I pointed that out to the blond, she said, "Yea, I know, Hell isn't it."
The Tongue---the sharp two edged S-word that divides the spirit from the soul.
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:11:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/26/2014 6:01:12 PM, Such wrote:
At 12/26/2014 5:49:12 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2014 4:56:55 PM, Such wrote:
Do you ever wonder what it would be like being the Devil?

Discuss.

I would get a public image consultant straight away.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played on humanity was...?"

Beg to differ.

Lol, I'd like to see a Pew research on that! (Pun intended)
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell