Jump to topic:

CFZ Am I right?

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 6:50:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
(This is a CFZ Thread because I am simply asking a question which I'd like an answer to. I will not use this thread to bash atheism.)

This is what I am stating: atheists in general have the following view of religion:

Religion is an instrument inventing by the conniving elite to gain control of the ignorant masses and become very wealthy through their followers, by means of "offerings" and "church donations", which they tell their followers is needed by God.
In order to hold on to power, these elite dictated to their followers two things:
1. That they do not listen to any outside views, as they are blasphemy.
2. That they indoctrinate their children in this faith, so that the next generation may blindly follow the next generation of conniving pastors/priest.
These religious institutions, which control almost the entire populace, use their massive influence to control the actions of governments.

Am I correct in assuming that this is how you guys view religion? Or am I incorrect?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:03:25 PM
At 12/26/2014 6:50:28 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
(This is a CFZ Thread because I am simply asking a question which I'd like an answer to. I will not use this thread to bash atheism.)

This is what I am stating: atheists in general have the following view of religion:

Religion is an instrument inventing by the conniving elite to gain control of the ignorant masses and become very wealthy through their followers, by means of "offerings" and "church donations", which they tell their followers is needed by God.
In order to hold on to power, these elite dictated to their followers two things:
2. That they indoctrinate their children in this faith, so that the next generation may blindly follow the next generation of conniving pastors/priest.
These religious institutions, which control almost the entire populace, use their massive influence to control the actions of governments.

Am I correct in assuming that this is how you guys view religion? Or am I incorrect?

As far as I am concerned, this is only partially correct. Religion was not invented to control the masses. It was created in an attempt to explain things we don't understand. Sometimes religion is used to by the unscrupulous to control the masses, but not always.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2014 7:04:50 PM
At 12/26/2014 7:03:25 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 12/26/2014 6:50:28 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

As far as I am concerned, this is only partially correct. Religion was not invented to control the masses. It was created in an attempt to explain things we don't understand. Sometimes religion is used to by the unscrupulous to control the masses, but not always.

Okay. Thank you.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid