Jump to topic:

Trolling.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 7:18:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here is the question that needs to be answered by the vigilantes of trolling.
What is trolling?
Now we have a definition supplied by the high sheriff of the trolling task force and it is this.
What I am referring to are comments that are purposely offensive, mean, or controversial in order to incite emotional reactions from members.

So on a debate site you will be barred from posting a controversial topic, can anyone think of something more stupid?

A comment that is offensive to one soft skinned christian maybe hilarious to a realist, so I guess the posse is setting out to protect the weak and ineffectual, what a great way to run a debate forum.

And oh MEAN. Does that only apply to those who lack the guts to defend themselves and their nonsensical claims, or are you prepared to enact punishment on the mean ones who get their sorry butts kicked for being so pathetically presumptuous as to even attempt such an asinine attack?

The posse seems hellbent on defending the pathetically weak, because most of them are religious.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 7:50:28 AM
At 12/27/2014 7:18:07 AM, bulproof wrote:
What is trolling?
Now we have a definition supplied by the high sheriff of the trolling task force and it is this.
What I am referring to are comments that are purposely offensive, mean, or controversial in order to incite emotional reactions from members.

So on a debate site you will be barred from posting a controversial topic, can anyone think of something more stupid?

A comment that is offensive to one soft skinned christian maybe hilarious to a realist, so I guess the posse is setting out to protect the weak and ineffectual, what a great way to run a debate forum.

And oh MEAN. Does that only apply to those who lack the guts to defend themselves and their nonsensical claims, or are you prepared to enact punishment on the mean ones who get their sorry butts kicked for being so pathetically presumptuous as to even attempt such an asinine attack?

The posse seems hellbent on defending the pathetically weak, because most of them are religious.

The irony is that according to that definition, the biggest troll is the self-appointed high sheriff.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 7:54:41 AM
What is trolling?

Having controversial opinions isn't a problem. The problem is you are insulting, a hit and run poster, and don't actually defend any of your opinions except through insults.

This is sadly the best post I've seen from you in a while, and I hope it's symbolizes a step in the right direction for you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 8:00:16 AM
At 12/27/2014 7:54:41 AM, Wylted wrote:
What is trolling?

Having controversial opinions isn't a problem. The problem is you are insulting, a hit and run poster, and don't actually defend any of your opinions except through insults.

This is sadly the best post I've seen from you in a while, and I hope it's symbolizes a step in the right direction for you.

The only opinions I have presented to you are in fact the truth that you lie, supported by your quotes. You see little thing it's you that can't support your lies and that is why I have no opinion to support. I merely present the facts as supported by your quotes. You don't understand much at all do you, understandable given your prepubescence.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 8:55:59 AM
I think that the attack on trolls by the very frightened hasn't gone well so far.
Would it be possible for the attackers to find someone with balls, do you think?
You know to actually stand up for them?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 10:25:03 AM
What is trolling?

This isn't a debate site. It's a social media site.

It's still given me great incite. Before I thought atheist were realist, highly skeptical people, with their world view based on rationale.

I clearly see that is not the case and the more militant the atheist the more they remind me of King James version super conservation Christians.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 10:32:44 AM
At 12/27/2014 10:25:03 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
What is trolling?

It's still given me great incite. Before I thought atheist were realist, highly skeptical people, with their world view based on rationale.

I clearly see that is not the case and the more militant the atheist the more they remind me of King James version super conservation Christians.

Not all atheists are like Bulprof. You just literally went to the worst place in the world to find a rational atheist.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 11:01:29 AM
At 12/27/2014 10:25:03 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
What is trolling?

Don't judge all atheists based on the actions of a couple people. Just like how people shouldn't judge all of Christianity based on the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church and Jehovah's witnesses.
"This is the true horror of religion. It allows perfectly decent and sane people to believe by the billions, what only lunatics could believe on their own." Sam Harris
Life asked Death "Why do people love me but hate you?"
Death responded: "Because you are a beautiful lie, and I am the painful truth."
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 11:12:07 AM
What is trolling?

Internet forums often require a thick skin. If we don't have one, then perhaps avoiding forums is our best option.

Trolling, by any definition you give it, is easily ignored. Exceptions would be severe personal insults, or insults against loved ones without provocation, but I have rarely seen such posts or posters remain.

I have no problem with bulproof and other aggressive members. I laugh when their posts amuse me, and scroll to the next when they don't. It's that easy.

There isn't just one kind of atheist. Some atheists will give theists a little rope. Bulproof, and those like him, prefer to hang theists with that rope. As far as I'm concerned, it's a great way to keep theists on their toes.

If members believe that trolling is truly out of control on this site, then perhaps a troll button should be added to each post. If it is clicked enough times, then the post should be deleted. If a member gets enough clicks, then the member should be deleted. And yes, I realize there is a report button, but a troll button just sounds more appropriate.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
PapaNolan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 11:20:30 AM
What is trolling?

I posted a topic like this, and it is not really against the terms of use.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 2:57:26 PM
What is trolling?

You cannot win. I tried to get rid of Bulproof once, and in return Airmax sent me a PM with a warning.
Bulproof's here to stay, sadly.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 3:02:01 PM
At 12/27/2014 11:12:07 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
What is trolling?

Internet forums often require a thick skin. If we don't have one, then perhaps avoiding forums is our best option.

Trolling, by any definition you give it, is easily ignored. Exceptions would be severe personal insults, or insults against loved ones without provocation, but I have rarely seen such posts or posters remain.

I have no problem with bulproof and other aggressive members. I laugh when their posts amuse me, and scroll to the next when they don't. It's that easy.

There isn't just one kind of atheist. Some atheists will give theists a little rope. Bulproof, and those like him, prefer to hang theists with that rope. As far as I'm concerned, it's a great way to keep theists on their toes.

If members believe that trolling is truly out of control on this site, then perhaps a troll button should be added to each post. If it is clicked enough times, then the post should be deleted. If a member gets enough clicks, then the member should be deleted. And yes, I realize there is a report button, but a troll button just sounds more appropriate.

What if one member clicks the same button over and over again, or creates a whole bunch of multiaccounts to use the button repeatedly?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 3:25:25 PM
At 12/27/2014 2:57:26 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
What is trolling?

You cannot win. I tried to get rid of Bulproof once, and in return Airmax sent me a PM with a warning.
Bulproof's here to stay, sadly.

I'm not trying to get rid of him. I'm not a vigilante but I'm also not afraid to be honest with him or respond to his BS.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 3:28:22 PM
At 12/27/2014 3:02:01 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/27/2014 11:12:07 AM, Kyle_the_Heretic wrote:
What is trolling?

What if one member clicks the same button over and over again, or creates a whole bunch of multiaccounts to use the button repeatedly?

Then they must really hate that member.

There are "guards" against multiple clicking, even with many accounts. It would work the same as a LIKE button. That said, it wasn't a serious suggestion; I was just being facetious.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.