Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

God & Purpose

sdavio
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 2:42:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM, sdavio wrote:
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.

Wasn't God's purpose to create an army of obedient, worshiping, fearful automatons with purpose for this army to stroke his ego?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
o0jeannie0o
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 3:26:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 2:42:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM, sdavio wrote:
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.

Wasn't God's purpose to create an army of obedient, worshiping, fearful automatons with purpose for this army to stroke his ego?

to many... yes
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

The creation of this universe is a manifestation of God's supremacy and his attributes of perfection (including wisdom and justice which we may or may not understand).

Also notice:
Atheism: No purpose other than random chaos and predetermined chemical and atomic processes which our brain is deluded into thinking we have consciousness.
Theism: There is purpose and we have a degree of freedom of will and rational thoughts, and there are different theories of what that purpose is.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 4:09:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

The creation of this universe is a manifestation of God's supremacy and his attributes of perfection (including wisdom and justice which we may or may not understand).

Thanks for the evidence. Much appreciated.

Also notice:
Atheism: No purpose other than random chaos and predetermined chemical and atomic processes which our brain is deluded into thinking we have consciousness.

Yes, notice the dishonest believer is compelled to change the meaning of words to suit their agenda.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Fatihah
Posts: 7,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 4:20:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM, sdavio wrote:
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.

Response: The definition of complete and perfect is not "don't create" or "don't change". Thus equating the two is not logical. Rather, since complete and perfect means to have all necessary parts and God is the originator of all creation, then whatever God changes, deletes, adds, etc.., does not invalidate his completeness since He makes the rules as to what is necessary to begin with.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 4:28:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 4:20:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:
...He makes the rules...

The one qualifier of your post that makes your argument, "Impenetrable" and therefore fallacious.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Fatihah
Posts: 7,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 4:33:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 4:28:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 4:20:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:
...He makes the rules...

The one qualifier of your post that makes your argument, "Impenetrable" and therefore fallacious.

Response: In other words, you have no logical rebuttal, thus remaining deluded and showing the absurdity of atheism. Thanks for the confirmation.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 4:43:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM, sdavio wrote:
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.

If the sole purpose for human existence is for the obedient to sit on their own little clouds for eternity droning a mantra of praise, and for the disobedient to burn eternally in a lake of fire, the only difference between Heaven and Hell would be location and type of suffering. Essentially, there would be no good purpose. I suppose for it all to mean anything, should God truly exist, His purpose would have to go in an entirely different direction.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 4:45:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 4:33:32 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/27/2014 4:28:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 4:20:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:
...He makes the rules...

The one qualifier of your post that makes your argument, "Impenetrable" and therefore fallacious.

Response: In other words, you have no logical rebuttal...

You didn't say anything logical, that was the point.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Fatihah
Posts: 7,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:03:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 4:45:10 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 4:33:32 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/27/2014 4:28:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 4:20:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:
...He makes the rules...

The one qualifier of your post that makes your argument, "Impenetrable" and therefore fallacious.

Response: In other words, you have no logical rebuttal...

You didn't say anything logical, that was the point.

Response: Your weak rebuttals continue to show otherwise. Thus making my point.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:13:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 5:03:11 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Your weak rebuttals continue to show otherwise. Thus making my point.

You still have yet to make any valid point.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
sdavio
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:33:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 4:20:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM, sdavio wrote:
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.

Response: The definition of complete and perfect is not "don't create" or "don't change".

If something is perfect then there is no reason to change it, nor is there anything more to add (create) to it because it's already 'completely perfect'. So yes, the very idea of perfection makes change seem redundant. Any change could only be for the worse.

Thus equating the two is not logical. Rather, since complete and perfect means to have all necessary parts and God is the originator of all creation, then whatever God changes, deletes, adds, etc.., does not invalidate his completeness since He makes the rules as to what is necessary to begin with.

Why would he create something unnecessary or imperfect?
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
sdavio
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:36:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
The creation of this universe is a manifestation of God's supremacy and his attributes of perfection (including wisdom and justice which we may or may not understand).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'manifestation'.. surely it is manifested already wherever God exists. And God must have existed before creating the universe, so those attributes were already manifested in God himself.. hence there was no need for the universe.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Fatihah
Posts: 7,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:46:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 5:13:06 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 5:03:11 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Your weak rebuttals continue to show otherwise. Thus making my point.

You still have yet to make any valid point.

Response: Only in the eyes of the deluded. Thanks for the clarification.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 5:52:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 5:33:52 PM, sdavio wrote:
At 12/27/2014 4:20:39 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM, sdavio wrote:
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.

Response: The definition of complete and perfect is not "don't create" or "don't change".

If something is perfect then there is no reason to change it, nor is there anything more to add (create) to it because it's already 'completely perfect'. So yes, the very idea of perfection makes change seem redundant. Any change could only be for the worse.

Response: The definition of perfect is not "don't change", thus your logic is invalid. So a change in something does not mean it is not perfect.

Thus equating the two is not logical. Rather, since complete and perfect means to have all necessary parts and God is the originator of all creation, then whatever God changes, deletes, adds, etc.., does not invalidate his completeness since He makes the rules as to what is necessary to begin with.

Why would he create something unnecessary or imperfect?

Response: That begs the question. You are implying that change was not the intended part of creation. Yet if change is a part of the identity of the creation, then an occurance of change is simply creation being itself. Thus it is not unnecessary or imperfect.
sdavio
Posts: 1,801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 9:46:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 5:52:51 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Response: That begs the question. You are implying that change was not the intended part of creation. Yet if change is a part of the identity of the creation, then an occurance of change is simply creation being itself. Thus it is not unnecessary or imperfect.

For God himself to decide to make a change rather than stay the same, he must have a reason to do so. Change cannot be a necessary aspect of God, because since he is all-powerful, he could decide to change or not to change.

However, this was not my main point; what I really intended to point out was, that even if you could prove to me the possibility of this change, you would need to give a solid answer as to what this motivation behind it is, or could be, in order for God to add a meaning to life.
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Fatihah
Posts: 7,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2014 10:53:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 9:46:12 PM, sdavio wrote:

For God himself to decide to make a change rather than stay the same, he must have a reason to do so. Change cannot be a necessary aspect of God, because since he is all-powerful, he could decide to change or not to change.

However, this was not my main point; what I really intended to point out was, that even if you could prove to me the possibility of this change, you would need to give a solid answer as to what this motivation behind it is, or could be, in order for God to add a meaning to life.

Response: Change is part of the purpose of life. For the purpose of life is to be tested in this world with changes, hardships, ups and downs, etc.. Then you will be judged in the Hereafter for your deeds in this life. That is the whole point of life. Therefore, change has a purpose. Change is intended.
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 3:53:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 10:53:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/27/2014 9:46:12 PM, sdavio wrote:

For God himself to decide to make a change rather than stay the same, he must have a reason to do so. Change cannot be a necessary aspect of God, because since he is all-powerful, he could decide to change or not to change.

However, this was not my main point; what I really intended to point out was, that even if you could prove to me the possibility of this change, you would need to give a solid answer as to what this motivation behind it is, or could be, in order for God to add a meaning to life.

Response: Change is part of the purpose of life. For the purpose of life is to be tested in this world with changes, hardships, ups and downs, etc.. Then you will be judged in the Hereafter for your deeds in this life. That is the whole point of life. Therefore, change has a purpose. Change is intended.

That has absolutely nothing to do with god changing. In what way do you suggest god is being tested as part of his purpose for being?
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 4:11:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 2:36:39 PM, sdavio wrote:
A common argument or statement I hear said about atheism is that the lack of God precludes any purpose in the universe, or fails to provide one specifically. However, on thinking about this today, I realized that I've never really understood how God works as an antidote to this, or really changes the situation whatsoever. Presumably, we must ask, "for what purpose did God create the universe?", or any part of it. And I cannot imagine a possible answer to this, other than "God works in mysterious ways", which simply leaves us with the original problem again.

This might seem similar to the problem of evil, but we shouldn't assume that evil requires a purpose any more-so than 'good'. What was God's purpose in creating anything at all? If this cannot be answered, then God has nothing to do with providing the universe with meaning. It simply pushes the problem back through added layers of convolution.

If God was already complete and perfect, then logically there would be no purpose in creating or changing anything in any way.

I've always found that question perplexing and I have come to the conclusion that either (A) God doesn't exist or (B) God is beyond our comprehension. I tend to go with the simpler of the two and that would be (A). Because I look at it this way, if God is beyond our comprehension then obviously what we do know about God is not at all the true nature of God. That's complicated and convoluted, whereas assuming God isn't real makes more sense.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 4:30:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

Wait, wait, wait, jinn? As in genies? Allah made genies? Is there any proof at all that genies exist? Is there any way to contact these beings?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 4:41:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 4:30:07 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

Wait, wait, wait, jinn? As in genies? Allah made genies? Is there any proof at all that genies exist? Is there any way to contact these beings?

Angels. Djinn. It looses something in translation.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Bennett91
Posts: 4,237
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 4:43:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 4:41:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/28/2014 4:30:07 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

Wait, wait, wait, jinn? As in genies? Allah made genies? Is there any proof at all that genies exist? Is there any way to contact these beings?

Angels. Djinn. It looses something in translation.

No, I looked it up. They are separate creatures with free will.

"The jinn, humans and angels make up the three sapient creations of God. Like human beings, the jinn can be good, evil, or neutrally benevolent and hence have free will like humans and unlike angels." http://en.wikipedia.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 4:46:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 4:41:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/28/2014 4:30:07 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

Wait, wait, wait, jinn? As in genies? Allah made genies? Is there any proof at all that genies exist? Is there any way to contact these beings?

Angels. Djinn. It looses something in translation.

Made of fireless smoke? Or is it smokeless fire? Something silly like that, they aren't angels they are just like humans only not visible. There are good ones and bad ones, they marry and have kids and basically do everything humans do.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,239
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 4:49:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 4:46:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/28/2014 4:41:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/28/2014 4:30:07 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

Wait, wait, wait, jinn? As in genies? Allah made genies? Is there any proof at all that genies exist? Is there any way to contact these beings?

Angels. Djinn. It looses something in translation.

Made of fireless smoke? Or is it smokeless fire? Something silly like that, they aren't angels they are just like humans only not visible. There are good ones and bad ones, they marry and have kids and basically do everything humans do.

Yeah, the Nephilm or whatever they are called that got changed to 'Giants' that caused the flood. Just some other seraphic order, at least that was the impression I get.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 4:50:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 4:49:07 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/28/2014 4:46:42 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 12/28/2014 4:41:32 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 12/28/2014 4:30:07 AM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/27/2014 3:41:35 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
[56] And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.
[57] I do not want from them any provision, nor do I want them to feed Me.
[58] Indeed, it is Allah who is the [continual] Provider, the firm possessor of strength.

(Quran 51:56-58)

Wait, wait, wait, jinn? As in genies? Allah made genies? Is there any proof at all that genies exist? Is there any way to contact these beings?

Angels. Djinn. It looses something in translation.

Made of fireless smoke? Or is it smokeless fire? Something silly like that, they aren't angels they are just like humans only not visible. There are good ones and bad ones, they marry and have kids and basically do everything humans do.

Yeah, the Nephilm or whatever they are called that got changed to 'Giants' that caused the flood. Just some other seraphic order, at least that was the impression I get.

Yeah it's sometimes hard to keep up, even with the programme. LOL
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 8:52:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/27/2014 10:53:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
For the purpose of life is to be tested in this world with changes, hardships, ups and downs, etc.. Then you will be judged in the Hereafter for your deeds in this life. That is the whole point of life.

Another reason why religions such as Islam are so dangerous to mankind, the focus on pain and suffering in life with rewards in the afterlife. That is why our world is in such a bad state, with this kind of religious mindset at the helm these past many centuries as they ignore their time on earth as being anything of value only to focus on and glorify death.

Disgusting beliefs.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Fatihah
Posts: 7,763
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 9:20:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 8:52:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 10:53:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
For the purpose of life is to be tested in this world with changes, hardships, ups and downs, etc.. Then you will be judged in the Hereafter for your deeds in this life. That is the whole point of life.

Another reason why religions such as Islam are so dangerous to mankind, the focus on pain and suffering in life with rewards in the afterlife. That is why our world is in such a bad state, with this kind of religious mindset at the helm these past many centuries as they ignore their time on earth as being anything of value only to focus on and glorify death.

Disgusting beliefs.

Response: Yet you have the free choice not to cause pain and suffering and be a good person. So your unwillingness to be good is your own fault. Not Islam.

Disgusting atheism exposed.
bulproof
Posts: 25,303
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 9:25:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 9:20:03 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/28/2014 8:52:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 10:53:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
For the purpose of life is to be tested in this world with changes, hardships, ups and downs, etc.. Then you will be judged in the Hereafter for your deeds in this life. That is the whole point of life.

Another reason why religions such as Islam are so dangerous to mankind, the focus on pain and suffering in life with rewards in the afterlife. That is why our world is in such a bad state, with this kind of religious mindset at the helm these past many centuries as they ignore their time on earth as being anything of value only to focus on and glorify death.

Disgusting beliefs.

Response: Yet you have the free choice not to cause pain and suffering and be a good person. So your unwillingness to be good is your own fault. Not Islam.

Disgusting atheism exposed.

Look at this. Especially during the pogrom against trolls. How is this ever going to work.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2014 9:44:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/28/2014 9:20:03 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 12/28/2014 8:52:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/27/2014 10:53:24 PM, Fatihah wrote:
For the purpose of life is to be tested in this world with changes, hardships, ups and downs, etc.. Then you will be judged in the Hereafter for your deeds in this life. That is the whole point of life.

Another reason why religions such as Islam are so dangerous to mankind, the focus on pain and suffering in life with rewards in the afterlife. That is why our world is in such a bad state, with this kind of religious mindset at the helm these past many centuries as they ignore their time on earth as being anything of value only to focus on and glorify death.

Disgusting beliefs.

Response: Yet you have the free choice not to cause pain and suffering and be a good person. So your unwillingness to be good is your own fault. Not Islam.

Ah, so you were compelled to lie about it, accusing those who don't share your barbaric beliefs of not having the willingness to be good. Taqiyaa.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth