Total Posts:4|Showing Posts:1-4
Jump to topic:

Was there a pre-Christian belief in Jesus?

ObamasM0mma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 10:20:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
the whole concept of believing in him was way different back then. I highly doubt people actually worshiped the man in that time period. It goes against everything god taught the Jews in the Torah (5 books of Moses). There was the idea then that it would be possible for him to be the Messiah. However It became clear to many that he wasn't after he died, and failed all the qualifications of Messiah according to Torah.
It seems as if what Jesus taught in his time is probably not what people think he taught in this modern day. Like look at the first author to write about Jesus. Paul. He never knew Jesus. plain and simple. yet he claims he saw an angel that gave him all the information. sound familiar? that's the same thing that happens in the Mormon religion. There's no proof to support his claim, and yet he writes more books in the New Testament then any other author.
So it's not clear what exactly Jesus taught back then. Or what exactly people believed about him. Or if he even existed. Since there's not any real evidence. And the New testament is a sketchy source of information. The people that were believed to write those books were poor people. like fisherman, Shepard's, and farmers. In that time period it was quite rare for a lower income family to be capable of reading. and extremely rare for them to be able to write. And to process the animal hide to write on, and make the ink is expensive. As well as It didn't last very long. It had to be re written many times to maintain it
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 10:30:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There was a pre-Christian belief in a Messiah, but (certainly from a Jewish perspective) that doesn't necessarily equate Jesus.

I'll look at your debate!
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'