Total Posts:307|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Where all these so called contrasdicitions?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 3:14:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

LOL. That's like asking a used car salesman to point out the lemons on his lot.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 3:23:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

Jesus and God said thou shall not kill, but the Old Testament shows Moses and his people slaughtering others. Jesus has told the parable of the ten minas where if some believe Jesus is the king in the parable, the king orders his followers that if there are those who do not want to be ruled by him, then the followers are to bring them to them to the king and kill them before him. Jesus also says if one tries to lead you away from me, it were better if a millstone were hanged around his neck and drowned. The OT also says something that Saul of Tarsus followed as a Jew where he killed on of the apostles brother's because they believed he was trying to lead them to false idols. In other words, Jews were following the original law of idoltry.
darthebearnc
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 3:30:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Dear MadCornishBiker,
I, like you, have been studying the Bible for a while now. However, I have come to a completely different conclusion - the Bible does, in fact, contain many contradictions. Here are ten for starters:
1. Joseph's father is both Jacob and Heli (MAT 1:16 and LUK 3:23).
2. The Son (Jesus) is both equal to and lesser than the Father (JOH 10:30 and JOH 14:28).
3. The righteous both live and perish (PSA 92:12 and ISA 57:1).
4. Jesus's first sermon was on a mountain and in a plain (MAT 5:1 and LUK 6:17).
5. Judas died both through self-inflicted hanging and through explosion/bowel-gushing (MAT 27:5 and ACT 1:18).
6. Michal had both zero and five sons (2SA 6:23 and 2SA 21:8).
7. Baasha died both in the 26th and 36th years of the reign of Asa (1KI 16:6-8 and 2CH 16:1)
8. Jesus wore a scarlet robe and a purple robe at his trial (MAT 27:28 and JOH 19:2).
9. Jesus had three different sets of last words (MAT 27:46,50 and LUK 23:46 and JOH 19:30).
10. There were three years and seven years of famine (II SAMUEL 24:13 and I CHRONICLES 21:11).
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 3:41:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The two seperate versions of creation offered by Genesis.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 3:43:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:23:15 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

Jesus and God said thou shall not kill, but the Old Testament shows Moses and his people slaughtering others. Jesus has told the parable of the ten minas where if some believe Jesus is the king in the parable, the king orders his followers that if there are those who do not want to be ruled by him, then the followers are to bring them to them to the king and kill them before him. Jesus also says if one tries to lead you away from me, it were better if a millstone were hanged around his neck and drowned. The OT also says something that Saul of Tarsus followed as a Jew where he killed on of the apostles brother's because they believed he was trying to lead them to false idols. In other words, Jews were following the original law of idoltry.

There is not actually one contradiction in that.

Thou shalt not Kill is a law that applies only to humans in non-authorised situation.

God has never said he will not kill, nor that he will not authorise others to do so if necessary.

Therefore that is not truly a contradiction.

God makes a Law saying do not kill, and then consistently punished those who break it.

Human Law says that we must not kill, and yet governments send soldiers out to do just that. Do you see that as a contradiction?

Or is it, as I believe, simply a case of circumstances alter cases, as the saying goes.

Neither is the fact that the Jews broke the Law about Idolatry a contradiction
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 3:45:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:41:09 PM, Ragnar wrote:
The two seperate versions of creation offered by Genesis.

There are not two descriptions of creation.

Genesis 1 is the description of creation.

Genesis 2 is Adam being introduced to what was already created and told his duties. It mkaes no attempt to describe things being created.

No contradiction.
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:25:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:45:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:41:09 PM, Ragnar wrote:
The two seperate versions of creation offered by Genesis.
There are not two descriptions of creation.

Genesis 1 is the description of creation.

Genesis 2 is Adam being introduced to what was already created and told his duties. It mkaes no attempt to describe things being created.

No contradiction.
For Genesis 2 to be correct, God either did not make the animals first (as seen in Genesis 1), or God made a mistake and the previous animals were not good enough. But regardless of that, Man and Woman were created at the same time in Genesis 1, but than in Genesis 2's account man was made than the plants, than the animals, and finally women.

Moving onward, please explain how Jesus is of the blood of David through his father Joseph, when the bible clearly states Mary and He had no relations until after Jesus was born?
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
darthebearnc
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 6:48:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:30:14 PM, darthebearnc wrote:
Dear MadCornishBiker,
I, like you, have been studying the Bible for a while now. However, I have come to a completely different conclusion - the Bible does, in fact, contain many contradictions. Here are ten for starters:
1. Joseph's father is both Jacob and Heli (MAT 1:16 and LUK 3:23).
2. The Son (Jesus) is both equal to and lesser than the Father (JOH 10:30 and JOH 14:28).
3. The righteous both live and perish (PSA 92:12 and ISA 57:1).
4. Jesus's first sermon was on a mountain and in a plain (MAT 5:1 and LUK 6:17).
5. Judas died both through self-inflicted hanging and through explosion/bowel-gushing (MAT 27:5 and ACT 1:18).
6. Michal had both zero and five sons (2SA 6:23 and 2SA 21:8).
7. Baasha died both in the 26th and 36th years of the reign of Asa (1KI 16:6-8 and 2CH 16:1)
8. Jesus wore a scarlet robe and a purple robe at his trial (MAT 27:28 and JOH 19:2).
9. Jesus had three different sets of last words (MAT 27:46,50 and LUK 23:46 and JOH 19:30).
10. There were three years and seven years of famine (II SAMUEL 24:13 and I CHRONICLES 21:11).

Out of curiosity, are you able to disprove these contradictions?
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:14:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
(1) Did the Disciple Judas die by hanging (Matthew 27:5) or by falling and having his entrails pushed out (Acts 1:18)?

Matthew 27:5 "Then he (Judas) threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Acts 1:18 "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out."

(2) Did God move King David to conduct a census of Israel (II Samuel 24) or did Satan movie King David to conduct the census (I Chronicle 21)?

II Samule 24 "And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah."

I Chronicle 21 "And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel."

(3) The Bible claims men have seen God (Exodus 33:11) (Genesis 32:30); it also claims no man has ever seen God (John 1:18) (Exodus 33:20).

Exodus 33:11 "And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend."

Genesis 32:30 "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time."

Exodus 33:20 "And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live.

Now an honest Bible reader will acknowledge that there are contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible. And, of course, there are many more inconsistencies in all of scripture than the examples I've just given.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:25:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

In as much as you are here on this website, I assume you have an internet connection. I would suggest you go to a website called "google" (www.google.com), and enter "biblical contradictions". There are several listings there. Reading them will most likely give you a better education on the subject than posing your question here, both pro and con. It's called "self education". Try it.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 7:27:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:45:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:41:09 PM, Ragnar wrote:
The two separate versions of creation offered by Genesis.

There are not two descriptions of creation.

Genesis 1 is the description of creation.

Genesis 2 is Adam being introduced to what was already created and told his duties. It makes no attempt to describe things being created.

No contradiction.

That is ridiculous. Christians argue that objective morality is only possible because of an absolute moral creator. If God is not subject to the same morality he imposes on man. Then either his morality is subjective or relative to his own moral laws.
Please try to refute the challenges instead of being evasive or in denial. Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy.
Because that was the punishment for false prophets.

Deuteronomy 18: 20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 9:01:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

All Christians twist the scriptures with their own interpretations so it's no wonder the Bible doesn't contain any contradictions from their viewpoint. Even when us saints use the scriptures to prove that antichrists wrote and published the new testament, you Christians will deny our knowledge of God, which is the only way to interpret the prophecies.
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 9:45:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Another important fact regarding scripture I want to bring up is that different religions and different Christians denominations have different books in their Bibles.

Jews do not consider the New Testament a work compiled by God.

Muslims have the the Holy Koran and believe important tenets that are not consistent with the Christian New Testament.

Catholics have 73 books in their Holy Bible; where as mainline Protestant religions have 66 books in theirs; Mormons consider the the Book of Mormon as additional holy scripture inspired by God.

Interpretations between the different denominations and religions are vast.

It's my own belief that God has set things up this way to encourage us to learn things and be educated rather than simply accept words at face value.


Just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean we should believe it or follow it; likewise, just because it's in the Bible doesn't mean we should reject it either. God wants us to think about the suggested advice and consider whether it should be implemented in our lives.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,199
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 9:53:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.
PLEASESTOPLYING
Posts: 196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 9:54:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:43:49 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:23:15 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

Jesus and God said thou shall not kill, but the Old Testament shows Moses and his people slaughtering others. Jesus has told the parable of the ten minas where if some believe Jesus is the king in the parable, the king orders his followers that if there are those who do not want to be ruled by him, then the followers are to bring them to them to the king and kill them before him. Jesus also says if one tries to lead you away from me, it were better if a millstone were hanged around his neck and drowned. The OT also says something that Saul of Tarsus followed as a Jew where he killed on of the apostles brother's because they believed he was trying to lead them to false idols. In other words, Jews were following the original law of idoltry.

There is not actually one contradiction in that.

Thou shalt not Kill is a law that applies only to humans in non-authorised situation.

Please enlighten us as to the human who received the authorization to slaughter the Canaanites - I am very interested

God has never said he will not kill, nor that he will not authorise others to do so if necessary.

Therefore that is not truly a contradiction.

he did say he would kill or cause death and didn't
genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die but adam lived to be 930 -- sorry almost laughed out loud

Leviticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

then king david sleeps with Bathsheba while her husband Uriah was away, so married david, sleeps with married Bathsheba which is adultery - yet neither was put to death, and not only that the punishment went to a 7 day old baby who was killed and lying cheating adulterous david was allowed to keep bopping Bathsheba and even rewarded with more kids


God makes a Law saying do not kill, and then consistently punished those who break it.

Human Law says that we must not kill, and yet governments send soldiers out to do just that. Do you see that as a contradiction?

Or is it, as I believe, simply a case of circumstances alter cases, as the saying goes.

Neither is the fact that the Jews broke the Law about Idolatry a contradiction
Did anyone ever disprove the existence of ZEUS?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 9:54:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Archaeologists date the domestication of camels in Israel to the first millennium B.C.:

The study was able to "narrow down the range in which domesticated camels were introduced to 30 years," said Sapir-Hen, an archaeozoologist who studies the role of animals in ancient human culture, in a phone interview. It's "sometime between 930 and 900 B.C."

Camels were probably first domesticated in the Arabian Peninsula in the early first millennium B.C. Archaeologists base this date on mortality profiles of excavated skeletons, the gender of the animals, and lesions on leg bones that would have resulted from the repetitive stress of working as pack animals.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com...

Domesticated camels in Genesis:

10 Then the servant left, taking with him ten of his master"s camels loaded with all kinds of good things from his master. He set out for Aram Naharaim and made his way to the town of Nahor. 11 He had the camels kneel down near the well outside the town; it was toward evening, the time the women go out to draw water.

Dating of Abraham:

Of course, there are no archaeological findings that refer specifically to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, so where they fit into the archaeological periods isn't precise, but we can place the birth of Abraham with some degree of confidence between 2100 and 1800 BC.[17]

http://www.jesuswalk.com... (dating of Abraham)

Here is one example where the Bible is anachronistic.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
PLEASESTOPLYING
Posts: 196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 10:11:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only
can be saved by works .
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
faith alone can't be saved without faith regardless of works
Acts 16:30-31 Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house
faith alone
Romans 5:1 Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
faith alone
Galatians 2:16 A man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ. faith alone
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.
faith alone
Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
WORKS
Matthew 5:20 Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
WORKS
Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
WORKS
Romans 2:6, 13 Who will render to each one according to his deeds. ... For not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified.
WORKS
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the jugment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.
WORKS
James 2:14, 17 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? (v.14)
Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. (v.17)
WORKS
1 Peter 1:17 The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work
WORKS.
Revelation 2:23 I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
WORKS
Did anyone ever disprove the existence of ZEUS?
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2014 10:13:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 9:53:13 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.



LOL. Funny video.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 9:45:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 6:25:18 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:45:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:41:09 PM, Ragnar wrote:
The two seperate versions of creation offered by Genesis.
There are not two descriptions of creation.

Genesis 1 is the description of creation.

Genesis 2 is Adam being introduced to what was already created and told his duties. It mkaes no attempt to describe things being created.

No contradiction.
For Genesis 2 to be correct, God either did not make the animals first (as seen in Genesis 1), or God made a mistake and the previous animals were not good enough. But regardless of that, Man and Woman were created at the same time in Genesis 1, but than in Genesis 2's account man was made than the plants, than the animals, and finally women.


That is not true, because Genesis simply describes Adam being introduced to them, that could only have happened after he was created.

You are completely mis-reading the passage.

Moving onward, please explain how Jesus is of the blood of David through his father Joseph, when the bible clearly states Mary and He had no relations until after Jesus was born?

Mary was descended from Daid also, so the literal blood of David's line was in her veins. It wqas simply a bonus that Joseph was also of that line.

Sorry, I ould have thought that was self evindet if you have read Mary's line of decent, after all both are listed in the two diofference account.

I know scripture credits both lines to Joseph, but that is simply Hebrew Tradition, if I remember rightly it is the one in Luke 3 which is actually Mary's.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 9:51:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 9:45:56 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 6:25:18 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:45:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:41:09 PM, Ragnar wrote:
The two seperate versions of creation offered by Genesis.
There are not two descriptions of creation.

Genesis 1 is the description of creation.

Genesis 2 is Adam being introduced to what was already created and told his duties. It mkaes no attempt to describe things being created.

No contradiction.
For Genesis 2 to be correct, God either did not make the animals first (as seen in Genesis 1), or God made a mistake and the previous animals were not good enough. But regardless of that, Man and Woman were created at the same time in Genesis 1, but than in Genesis 2's account man was made than the plants, than the animals, and finally women.


That is not true, because Genesis simply describes Adam being introduced to them, that could only have happened after he was created.

You are completely mis-reading the passage.

Moving onward, please explain how Jesus is of the blood of David through his father Joseph, when the bible clearly states Mary and He had no relations until after Jesus was born?

Mary was descended from Daid also, so the literal blood of David's line was in her veins. It wqas simply a bonus that Joseph was also of that line.

Sorry, I ould have thought that was self evindet if you have read Mary's line of decent, after all both are listed in the two diofference account.

I know scripture credits both lines to Joseph, but that is simply Hebrew Tradition, if I remember rightly it is the one in Luke 3 which is actually Mary's.

Continuing to lie regardless of the reality is allowed now. Telling the deluded that he is wrong is verboten by the would be authority.
Ooh I hope you weren't insulted by that.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:06:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:30:14 PM, darthebearnc wrote:
Dear MadCornishBiker,
I, like you, have been studying the Bible for a while now. However, I have come to a completely different conclusion - the Bible does, in fact, contain many contradictions. Here are ten for starters:
1. Joseph's father is both Jacob and Heli (MAT 1:16 and LUK 3:23).

The one is the Matrilineal line, the other the Patrilineal line, There is no contradiction.

2. The Son (Jesus) is both equal to and lesser than the Father (JOH 10:30 and JOH 14:28).

What you have there is precisely the confusion that many Apostate faiths and translations foster.

Jesus was born human. As human as Adam and Eve had been.

God's son came to earth to become incarnate in that body.

God's son is described in scripture as the first, and only solo creation of God.

Revelation 3:14; John 1:14; John 1:18.

Again, no contradiction whatever. Simply a misunderstanding of who and what God's son was, when he came into being, and where Jesus fits in.

3. The righteous both live and perish (PSA 92:12 and ISA 57:1).

Again, not a contradiction just very different contexts. Not only that Isaiah is talking in the present tense and Psalms is talking future.

The time for the Righteous to live forever on the earth is not yet here, and will not be until the resurrection.

4. Jesus's first sermon was on a mountain and in a plain (MAT 5:1 and LUK 6:17).

I am sorry, but nowhere does Luke's account say that the sermon he reported was the first one Jesus gave. It may well be the first one that Luke reports but that doesn"t mean it is the first one Jesus gave. The same could be true of the Matthew 5 report, but that does at least appear to be more likely to have been the first.

5. Judas died both through self-inflicted hanging and through explosion/bowel-gushing (MAT 27:5 and ACT 1:18).

That is not necessarily anything more than a reporting difference

The Matthew report simply says that he hanged himself, and leaves it at that, it does not mention his death. The account in acts simply says that he fell and burst open. How did he fall? It doe not say. Could it be that he hanged himself but the rope , or tree branch broke and he feel from there and dies.

This is often the problem with eye witness accounts. Each one tell what they saw, from where they were. You often have to combine the reports to get at the truth.

Still there is no contradiction.
.
6. Michal had both zero and five sons (2SA 6:23 and 2SA 21:8).

I have to admit this one was a new one on me, and challenging, but apparently some commentators believe that since Michal was childless these would have been the sons of her sister, who died early, and Michal raised.

7. Baasha died both in the 26th and 36th years of the reign of Asa (1KI 16:6-8 and 2CH 16:1)

Actually that is a lot easier to explain. Two different reporters one giving the time since the regnal year of Asa, the other the time since Asa actually began to reign. However it could simply be a reporting error on the part of the reporter but it does not fit the definition of a contradiction.

Regnal years, and years of reign were often counted differently back then.

8. Jesus wore a scarlet robe and a purple robe at his trial (MAT 27:28 and JOH 19:2).

Again not a contradiction, People often see colours differently, especially if they have any level of colour blindness. A dark scarlet and a dark purple can look very similar viewed from different angles in different lights.

However it remains a reporting difference, not a contradiction.

9. Jesus had three different sets of last words (MAT 27:46,50 and LUK 23:46 and JOH 19:30).

So? Three different people heard three different things According to what they wrote they thought he died at different moments also.

I can best put that down to the individual perceptions of when Jesus died, at least two reports of his death being slightly premature.

Again reporting differences told as seen from differing viewpoints.

Oh, and don"t forget Luke was not an eye witness what he writes is second hand.

10. There were three years and seven years of famine (II SAMUEL 24:13 and I CHRONICLES 21:11).

Both are reports of a prophecy not an event.

The two reporters differ somewhat though neither one actually contradicts the other, so it can only be a simple reporting difference.

I did ask for contradiction, not simple differences in reporting, and so far the majority of what you produced are nothing more than that. Try talking to a policemen about eye witness statements, they rarely agree because different people are seeing things from different angles, each seeing or hearing something the other did not and missing things that they missed.

Hence reporting difference are just that.

A contradiction is something which says the exact opposite of something else, not just a report with possibly inaccurate detail, or even a possible mistranslation.

You say you have studied scripture?

Obviously not to very great depth or Q2 would not even have arisen because you would have recognised the false statements, deliberate mistranslation or misapplication it is based on.

Try reading what scripture actually describes God"s son as, before and during his time incarnate. I have given you a few scriptures to start with, read them with your eyes and power of reason open and you will see it is not scripture that is wrong but any idea of Trinitarian Gods.

Also ask yourse3lf why the Apostles consistently praise "The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" not Christ himself? Start with 1 Peter 1:3 and Ephesians 1:3 and find other examples, there are plenty.

The theme of the teachings of the Apostles is that Salvation comes from God, whose name is Jehovah in English, and through his son, who became the Christ.

Paul on at least two occasions quotes Joel 2:32 which reads, in a non-butchered translation

Joel 2:32
ASV(i) 32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as Jehovah hath said, and among the remnant those whom Jehovah doth call.

Jesus spent most of his ministry making his father"s name known. Who are humans to hide it again?

John 17:26
ASV(i) 26 and I made known unto them thy name, and will make it known; that the love wherewith thou lovedst me may be in them, and I in them.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:07:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 6:48:22 PM, darthebearnc wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:30:14 PM, darthebearnc wrote:
Dear MadCornishBiker,
I, like you, have been studying the Bible for a while now. However, I have come to a completely different conclusion - the Bible does, in fact, contain many contradictions. Here are ten for starters:
1. Joseph's father is both Jacob and Heli (MAT 1:16 and LUK 3:23).
2. The Son (Jesus) is both equal to and lesser than the Father (JOH 10:30 and JOH 14:28).
3. The righteous both live and perish (PSA 92:12 and ISA 57:1).
4. Jesus's first sermon was on a mountain and in a plain (MAT 5:1 and LUK 6:17).
5. Judas died both through self-inflicted hanging and through explosion/bowel-gushing (MAT 27:5 and ACT 1:18).
6. Michal had both zero and five sons (2SA 6:23 and 2SA 21:8).
7. Baasha died both in the 26th and 36th years of the reign of Asa (1KI 16:6-8 and 2CH 16:1)
8. Jesus wore a scarlet robe and a purple robe at his trial (MAT 27:28 and JOH 19:2).
9. Jesus had three different sets of last words (MAT 27:46,50 and LUK 23:46 and JOH 19:30).
10. There were three years and seven years of famine (II SAMUEL 24:13 and I CHRONICLES 21:11).

Out of curiosity, are you able to disprove these contradictions?

Read my reply above. However most of tehm aren't even contradictions, simply reportng differences, mistranslation or both, many of those avove don;t actually contradict anything.
bulproof
Posts: 25,197
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:14:55 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's OK, no-one on this forum is allowed to tell him that he is talking absolute feces.
Because we have a leader of meaninglessness.
No insult meant.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:19:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 10:07:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 6:48:22 PM, darthebearnc wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:30:14 PM, darthebearnc wrote:
Dear MadCornishBiker,
I, like you, have been studying the Bible for a while now. However, I have come to a completely different conclusion - the Bible does, in fact, contain many contradictions. Here are ten for starters:
1. Joseph's father is both Jacob and Heli (MAT 1:16 and LUK 3:23).
2. The Son (Jesus) is both equal to and lesser than the Father (JOH 10:30 and JOH 14:28).
3. The righteous both live and perish (PSA 92:12 and ISA 57:1).
4. Jesus's first sermon was on a mountain and in a plain (MAT 5:1 and LUK 6:17).
5. Judas died both through self-inflicted hanging and through explosion/bowel-gushing (MAT 27:5 and ACT 1:18).
6. Michal had both zero and five sons (2SA 6:23 and 2SA 21:8).
7. Baasha died both in the 26th and 36th years of the reign of Asa (1KI 16:6-8 and 2CH 16:1)
8. Jesus wore a scarlet robe and a purple robe at his trial (MAT 27:28 and JOH 19:2).
9. Jesus had three different sets of last words (MAT 27:46,50 and LUK 23:46 and JOH 19:30).
10. There were three years and seven years of famine (II SAMUEL 24:13 and I CHRONICLES 21:11).

Out of curiosity, are you able to disprove these contradictions?

Read my reply above. However most of tehm aren't even contradictions, simply reportng differences, mistranslation or both, many of those avove don;t actually contradict anything.

Interesting that you would say mistranslations of a book that is supposedly inspired by your deity and his holy word, something you take great pride in saying. How is an infallible work of an omniscient deity mistranslated or misreported? Wouldn't that deity take pains to be sure his word was not said improperly? Seems like rather a contradictory set of standards.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:42:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

<strong<"God is love." (1JO 4:16)

1 Corinthians 13:4

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud

Exodus 34:14

Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

I have literally 100 more.

It seems people try to explain these away in some type of way that throws Occam's razor out the window.

Please discredit this without the presuppositions.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:44:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 3:45:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 12/30/2014 3:41:09 PM, Ragnar wrote:
The two seperate versions of creation offered by Genesis.

There are not two descriptions of creation.

Genesis 1 is the description of creation.

Genesis 2 is Adam being introduced to what was already created and told his duties. It mkaes no attempt to describe things being created.

No contradiction.

This is wrong. The order is different in Genesis 1 just look at the order man and animal were created in 1 and the order they were created in 2.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:46:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 10:07:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Read my reply above. However most of tehm aren't even contradictions, simply reportng differences, mistranslation or both...

It would appear the Bible is not 100% true, by your own admission.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:46:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 7:14:07 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
(1) Did the Disciple Judas die by hanging (Matthew 27:5) or by falling and having his entrails pushed out (Acts 1:18)?

Matthew 27:5 "Then he (Judas) threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself."

Acts 1:18 "Now this man (Judas) purchased a field with the wages of iniquity; and falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his entrails gushed out."


How about he hung himself, but before he died the rope or tree branch broke and he fell to hid final death?

Two different reporters telling teh same story from a different viewpoint, one pointing out what Jdas did or intended, the otehr the final result.

(2) Did God move King David to conduct a census of Israel (II Samuel 24) or did Satan movie King David to conduct the census (I Chronicle 21)?

II Samule 24 "And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah."

I Chronicle 21 "And SATAN stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel."

(3) The Bible claims men have seen God (Exodus 33:11) (Genesis 32:30); it also claims no man has ever seen God (John 1:18) (Exodus 33:20).


How can you trust a dishponest translation which has gone as far as to remove God's name and replace it with LORD?

God was angry with David because he had numbered Israel against his specific command.

Satan did the manouevering.

Again a reporting difference, probably mistransltion considering where you got it from.

Only two translationa have been honest enough to restore God's name to it's rightful places. The ASV and the NWT, though some have erased it from less places than others.

Exodus 33:11 "And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend."

Genesis 32:30 "For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved."

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time."

Exodus 33:20 "And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live.


That is one I have waited for, and it is an apparent contradiction, but to understand it you have to understand how things work between God and his Angels, his messengers.

The absolutely accurate statement is John"s statement. It is impossible for man to see God at any time.

In fact humans cannot actually see angels unless they materialise.

Exodus 33:11 is really explained by the last part of the verse. It is a figure of speech describing how personal the conversation was.

It is also the case that in fact God ceased dealing directly with men when Adam fell, and cannot deal with us directly again until we are returned to Adam"s original condition.

However since everything, every statement originates with Jehovah, the attitude of his son, and all the angles has been as the Angel stated at Judges 13:17-18

ASV(i) 17 And Manoah said unto the angel of Jehovah, What is thy name, that, when thy words come to pass, we may do thee honor? 18 And the angel of Jehovah said unto him, Wherefore askest thou after my name, seeing it is wonderful?

Neither Jehovah"s Angles, nor his son, who was tasked with looking after mankind after the fall, took any credit for anything done in God"s name or with his orders or instructions. So Jehovah is always credited with such things though he, personally, did nothing more than order them.

Even on earth God"s son refused to take credit away from his father.

Now an honest Bible reader will acknowledge that there are contradictions and inconsistencies in the Bible. And, of course, there are many more inconsistencies in all of scripture than the examples I've just given.

The problems we have here are that an honest bible student, such as I, is faced with many difficulties, not just the flase teachings of Apostate Christianity.

How accurate are the translations?

God would not allow them to veer too far from the truth, but just what has he allowed?

Take his name for example. How many translators have been honest enough to include it where it should actually be?

There are inconsistences yes. Not everything is inspired verbatim, and not everything is accurately translated, partly due to ignorance (Genesis 1:14 comes to mind) and sometimes deliberately to back up a false teaching (John 1:1 being a demonstrable example of such).

Compare the interlinear section of John 1:1 with the English only column in this link:
http://archive.org...

The translation has deliberately been changed between the two sections.

However I hold to the line that read properly there not only are not any actual contradictions, statements which state the opposite of each other, which is what a contradiction is, not just something which gives a different angle on the story.

I say that for a number of reasons but the main one is that since the Bible has proved itself to be the word of God, it cannot possibly contradict itself, nor would God allow it to.

Yes he would let the odd reporting difference etc. slip through partly to let us reveal to him if we are simply looking for reasons not to believe, or genuinely trying to get to the truth.

However the Bible is a consistent story, from Genesis to Revelation, and not one teaching not one statement actually contradicts another.

No, I stand by what I said. I do not deny inconsistencies or reporting errors, but there is not one statement in scripture which actually contradicts another. Not once you understand how it works, then even apparent contradictions become clear.

Yes, I am afraid an honest translator is caught between two opposing factors, both of whom are against him. Both of whom are controlled to some extent by God"s enemy, Satan.

On one side we have the Atheists, some of who are scared stiff to believe in a power greater and more intelligent than them. Some of whom have allowed themselves to get misled by prominent expels of the determined sort.

Then we have those who claim to speak for God, or Jesus, or both in one. They hate us as well because we reveal their errors, deliberate or otherwise.

That is why Jesus said, as recorded at Matthew 10:34-39
Matthew 10:34-39
ASV(i) 34 Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law: 36 and a mans foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that doth not take his cross and follow after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

He knew what lay in front of any who actually tried to serve him, and his father, as he said we must

John 4:23-24
ASV(i) 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 10:53:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/30/2014 7:25:51 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 12/30/2014 12:11:37 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
People keep telling me the bible contains contradictions yet I have studied it for decades and not found one.

Please someone point out anything which you think contradicts itself and I will happily show you that you are simply misunderstadnng something.

I've done it many times over so am happy to do so again to help dispel that silly myth.

In as much as you are here on this website, I assume you have an internet connection. I would suggest you go to a website called "google" (www.google.com), and enter "biblical contradictions". There are several listings there. Reading them will most likely give you a better education on the subject than posing your question here, both pro and con. It's called "self education". Try it.

I have, and many people have copied and pasted the "contradictions" off there.

However I have been able to show that not one was actually a contradiction, and why.

Most are in fact simple differences of repoprting, they don't actually contradict anything. If it doesn't actually contradict, say the complete opposite to, something else, then it isn't a contradiction.

For instance, two diiferent reporters telling of teh numner of stables King solomon had, the one by counting the uildings, the otehr by counting the individual stalls, are going to, and in fact did, come up with wildly varying reports, both of which are perfectly accurate.

The trouble is that most poep0le, when they read scripture turn their brains off. A reall no-no (And I don't mean a device for removing excess facial or other hair).

Some may even be due to poor translation. After all, how can you trust a translation that remves God's name form its rightful places?

You can't believe evrything you read in the internet, lol. Who know what motivation it was written with.