Total Posts:112|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Climate change.

bulproof
Posts: 28,326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 9:39:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is the thread, apparently that will have me banned.
Because I am going to insult so many of our unaware posters.
Climate Change is real.
Oh I don't mean to insult, it just happens.
Heaven is just a tall building away.
Me
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 5:24:46 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
Yes, climate change is real. From the rising sea levels, to glaciers melting, to rising co2 levels, rising temperatures, the scientific consensus, human fingerprints, acidification of the ocean, more heat waves and more extreme heat waves, and many more indicators.

http://climate.nasa.gov...
Scruggs
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 5:42:37 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 12/31/2014 9:39:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
Vote for me and I will not allow bad weather to happen.
"You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary." - Jonathan Edwards
Scruggs
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 5:43:50 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/11/2017 5:24:46 AM, Stupidape wrote:
Just realized that this post is two years old. Why did you respond to it?
"You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary." - Jonathan Edwards
bulproof
Posts: 28,326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 5:45:31 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/11/2017 5:43:50 AM, Scruggs wrote:
At 2/11/2017 5:24:46 AM, Stupidape wrote:
Just realized that this post is two years old. Why did you respond to it?

He says with his second response.
Heaven is just a tall building away.
Me
Scruggs
Posts: 474
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 5:46:08 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/11/2017 5:45:31 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/11/2017 5:43:50 AM, Scruggs wrote:
At 2/11/2017 5:24:46 AM, Stupidape wrote:
Just realized that this post is two years old. Why did you respond to it?

He says with his second response.
Aye, it is already back to the top of the board. No need to stop now.
"You contribute nothing to your salvation except the sin that made it necessary." - Jonathan Edwards
janesix
Posts: 5,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 7:04:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/11/2017 5:43:50 AM, Scruggs wrote:
At 2/11/2017 5:24:46 AM, Stupidape wrote:
Just realized that this post is two years old. Why did you respond to it?

He felt sorry for poor Bully.
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?
janesix
Posts: 5,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...
Smithereens
Posts: 6,974
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017
ethang5
Posts: 4,828
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2017 2:12:38 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

The whole thing is dishonest because the question is rigged. Most people who reject the climate change argument do not deny that the world's temperature is rising. They deny that the rise is due to the action of man.

But climate change advocates make it seem that climate change doubters are denying that the climate is changing, instead of denying that the change is caused by man.

Its dishonest. They will site study after study showing that the climate is changing, and then dishonestly claim those studies show that humans are the cause of the change.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 24,854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2017 3:03:58 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 12/31/2014 9:39:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
This is the thread, apparently that will have me banned.
Because I am going to insult so many of our unaware posters.
Climate Change is real.
Oh I don't mean to insult, it just happens.

For once we agree.

Climate change is very real, but we are accelerating it by all the changes we have made on the earth such as pollution, deforestation, desertification, our greed for energy, as well as so many other damaging aspects of modern life. We build large cities which form heat islands and affect the weather, and contribute to climate change also.

The causes of this, at least the man made contributions to it, are all a part of the tribulation Christ foretold, and which he said, as Revelation 11:18 supports, Jehovah will have to step in to bring to an end.

In fact the major forces behind our contribution to climate change are the very things we regard as "progress" but which Satan has been pushing us towards for the last 150 years or so.

Ironically the warming of the earth, and the increasing "Greenhouse effect" is very much playing into Jehovah's hands and helping in the reversion to what was created as described in Genesis 1, which means that, as he so often does, Jehovah is using Satan's activities against his destructive purposes.

After all, when you read Genesis 1 proper it becomes obvious that the water "above the expanse" would have provided not only protection from radiation from space, as well as reflecting radiation from the earth back to it, but would also have provided the earth with the perfect greenhouse effect and make climate more even all over the single continent, as Botanists have discovered.

It is just more proof of the accuracy of Bible prophecy,especially since it is happening at exactly the time when the Bible said it would.

There you go Bully Boy, Insult away, it runs off my back like water off a duck's, because your opinion of me doesn't matter a jot, and you have the right to any opinion you choose anyway. It simply doesn't affect me.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 24,854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2017 11:40:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

I have no idea what the answer to your question is, but only fools deny it, or Global Warming which is doing much to contribute to Climate Change.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 24,854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2017 11:44:48 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

Frankly if you are truly religious, and believe in the Bible as I do, it is difficult not to recognise in Global Warming and Climate Change,the fulfilment of Bible prophecy, particularly the tribulation that Christ spoke of in Matthew 24 that he said would need to be cut short for anyone to be saved, and the fact that Revelation 11:18 speaks of Jehovah sending his son to "bring to ruin those ruining the earth".

Global Warming and Climate Change, which are not unrelated to each other, link those two prophecies together.
Skeptical1
Posts: 1,524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 12:06:17 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/12/2017 2:12:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

The whole thing is dishonest because the question is rigged. Most people who reject the climate change argument do not deny that the world's temperature is rising. They deny that the rise is due to the action of man.

But climate change advocates make it seem that climate change doubters are denying that the climate is changing, instead of denying that the change is caused by man.

Its dishonest. They will site study after study showing that the climate is changing, and then dishonestly claim those studies show that humans are the cause of the change.

And here we have the perfect example.

If the warming is not caused by the endlessly increasing greenhouse emissions caused by industry and agriculture, exacerbated by out of control population growth, then why don't you tell us what is causing it?
bulproof
Posts: 28,326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 7:12:32 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/12/2017 2:12:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

The whole thing is dishonest because the question is rigged. Most people who reject the climate change argument do not deny that the world's temperature is rising. They deny that the rise is due to the action of man.

But climate change advocates make it seem that climate change doubters are denying that the climate is changing, instead of denying that the change is caused by man.

Its dishonest. They will site study after study showing that the climate is changing, and then dishonestly claim those studies show that humans are the cause of the change.
To see dishonest just read thangs post quoted here.
Thang the Decimater (of his strawman battalions)
Heaven is just a tall building away.
Me
Gentorev
Posts: 3,577
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 8:48:18 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/12/2017 2:12:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

The whole thing is dishonest because the question is rigged. Most people who reject the climate change argument do not deny that the world's temperature is rising. They deny that the rise is due to the action of man.

But climate change advocates make it seem that climate change doubters are denying that the climate is changing, instead of denying that the change is caused by man.

Its dishonest. They will site study after study showing that the climate is changing, and then dishonestly claim those studies show that humans are the cause of the change.

The planets in our solar system orbit around the sun. One orbit of the Earth takes one year, wherein the earth and other planets in our Solar System experience four seasons, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring.

Meanwhile, our entire solar system " our sun with its family of planets, moon, asteroid and comets " orbits the centre of the Milky Way galaxy. Our sun and solar system move at about 500,000 miles an hour (800,000 km/hr) in this huge orbit. So in 90 seconds, for example, we all move some 12,500 miles (20,000 km) in orbit around the galaxy"s centre.

Our Milky Way galaxy is a big place. Even at this blazing speed, it takes the sun approximately 225 to 250 million years to complete one journey around the galaxy"s centre.

This amount of time " the time it takes us to orbit the centre of the galaxy " is called a cosmic year.

Does our Solar System experience seasons also in our cosmic year, and what can our scientific teams reveal to us in relation to this?
tarantula
Posts: 1,555
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 9:24:23 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 12/31/2014 9:39:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
This is the thread, apparently that will have me banned.
Because I am going to insult so many of our unaware posters.
Climate Change is real.
Oh I don't mean to insult, it just happens.

Of course climate change is real and caused by humans. I see that idiot Trump is going to back out of climate change deals!

What has this topic got to do with religion?
Gentorev
Posts: 3,577
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 9:37:58 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 9:24:23 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 12/31/2014 9:39:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
This is the thread, apparently that will have me banned.
Because I am going to insult so many of our unaware posters.
Climate Change is real.
Oh I don't mean to insult, it just happens.

Of course climate change is real and caused by humans. I see that idiot Trump is going to back out of climate change deals!

What has this topic got to do with religion?

According to Jeung San Do's teachings, the universe follows the cycle of birth-growth-harvest-rest or spring-summer-autumn-winter. This cycle, called the Cosmic Year, repeats every 129,600 calendar years, a number calculated by Chinese scholar Shao Yung. At the beginning and end of each cycle, the universe is in a yin state of dormancy called the cosmic winter. On our planet, this manifests as an ice age. As the yang energy regains its influence, the cosmic winter changes to spring and new life and a new human species appear on the earth. We call the current stage of humanity homo sapiens sapiens. The time of cosmic spring and summer is one of growth and diversity during which many cultures and civilizations develop. It is also a time of conflict. Cosmic autumn is a time of returning to oneness, a time in which humanity harvests its diverse experiences and accomplishments to create a global civilization of harmony.

At any stage of the cosmic year, the position of the Earth's axis demonstrates the concurrent relationship between yin and yang. It is generally accepted that in the history of our planet there have been periodic changes in the Earth's poles, magnetism, and orbit.

If, as the Chinese believe that a cosmic winter manifests itself on earth as an Ice Age, How would a cosmic Summer manifest itself on earth?

The bible teaches that after the great Sabbath, which is the 7th period of one thousand years from the first day in which Adam died at the age of 930, The day of the Lord when he shall judge the whole world with justice for a thousand years, fire from heaven will incinerate all physical life forms on this planet.

Will that be the result of man? I think not.
ethang5
Posts: 4,828
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 12:23:24 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 12:06:17 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 2:12:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

The whole thing is dishonest because the question is rigged. Most people who reject the climate change argument do not deny that the world's temperature is rising. They deny that the rise is due to the action of man.

But climate change advocates make it seem that climate change doubters are denying that the climate is changing, instead of denying that the change is caused by man.

Its dishonest. They will site study after study showing that the climate is changing, and then dishonestly claim those studies show that humans are the cause of the change.

And here we have the perfect example.

If the warming is not caused by the endlessly increasing greenhouse emissions caused by industry and agriculture, exacerbated by out of control population growth, then why don't you tell us what is causing it?

Unless I suggest something else, it's man? Do you use your brain?

The climate has changed countless times in the Earths history. What caused it back then? Man has been on Earth for about 2% of the Earths total history. What caused all the other climate changes?

But here is the dishonesty I'm talking about. They will never provide any evidence that it is man, they will simply assume so. Yes, the temperature is rising, what is your evidence that it is man? The climate change believer will tell you that unless you can show something else, his position will be considered correct. Is that logical?

And in all the dodging, will never, never answer the question about all the other global warming events in the Earth's history when there were no men and no industry.
Skeptical1
Posts: 1,524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 12:46:37 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 12:23:24 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/13/2017 12:06:17 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 2:12:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

The whole thing is dishonest because the question is rigged. Most people who reject the climate change argument do not deny that the world's temperature is rising. They deny that the rise is due to the action of man.

But climate change advocates make it seem that climate change doubters are denying that the climate is changing, instead of denying that the change is caused by man.

Its dishonest. They will site study after study showing that the climate is changing, and then dishonestly claim those studies show that humans are the cause of the change.

And here we have the perfect example.

If the warming is not caused by the endlessly increasing greenhouse emissions caused by industry and agriculture, exacerbated by out of control population growth, then why don't you tell us what is causing it?

Unless I suggest something else, it's man? Do you use your brain?

The climate has changed countless times in the Earths history. What caused it back then? Man has been on Earth for about 2% of the Earths total history. What caused all the other climate changes?

But here is the dishonesty I'm talking about. They will never provide any evidence that it is man, they will simply assume so. Yes, the temperature is rising, what is your evidence that it is man? The climate change believer will tell you that unless you can show something else, his position will be considered correct. Is that logical?

And in all the dodging, will never, never answer the question about all the other global warming events in the Earth's history when there were no men and no industry.

What a load of absolute and utter rubbish. Do you just think to yourself when you wake up "what utter crap / lunatic conspiracy theory am I going to believe today?"

Yes, the Earth has experienced global warming and freezing as well in the past. And there is no mystery about it. Don't you ever watch anything besides the Hour of Power on TV? It's been explained a million times.

As has what we are doing to the CO2 levels in the atmosphere since the industrial revolution, and what the effect of that is. What exactly is it that you don't believe about the science? And I'd be really, really interested to know why.

And of course you have no answer as to what else it might be. Why should you have a clue before you decide what it couldn't possibly be? Oh, wait, I know.... it's God's judgement on all those evil scientists, just to teach them a lesson for discovering the Earth isn't flat after all.

What grade primary school did you achieve before they expelled you?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 24,854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 9:15:09 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 12:23:24 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/13/2017 12:06:17 AM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 2:12:38 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/12/2017 3:21:00 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:41:28 AM, janesix wrote:
At 2/11/2017 7:30:06 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread. Does anyone know if people who are religious are more or less likely to believe in climate change?

Some studies show the religious are less likely to believe in climate change.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

This is probably mediated by conservative thought, which tends to correlate with being religious. Being religious doesn't have any impact on whether or not one should believe in climate change, but religious people tend to be conservative and conservatives tend to reject climate change.

It makes sense because the conservative non-religious are more likely than the liberal non-religious to also reject climate change.

The whole thing is dishonest because the question is rigged. Most people who reject the climate change argument do not deny that the world's temperature is rising. They deny that the rise is due to the action of man.

But climate change advocates make it seem that climate change doubters are denying that the climate is changing, instead of denying that the change is caused by man.

Its dishonest. They will site study after study showing that the climate is changing, and then dishonestly claim those studies show that humans are the cause of the change.

And here we have the perfect example.

If the warming is not caused by the endlessly increasing greenhouse emissions caused by industry and agriculture, exacerbated by out of control population growth, then why don't you tell us what is causing it?

Unless I suggest something else, it's man? Do you use your brain?

The climate has changed countless times in the Earths history. What caused it back then? Man has been on Earth for about 2% of the Earths total history. What caused all the other climate changes?

But here is the dishonesty I'm talking about. They will never provide any evidence that it is man, they will simply assume so. Yes, the temperature is rising, what is your evidence that it is man? The climate change believer will tell you that unless you can show something else, his position will be considered correct. Is that logical?

Are you really so blind?

No-one is saying that mankind is causing it, but the evidence that we accelerating it is absolutely incontrovertible.


And in all the dodging, will never, never answer the question about all the other global warming events in the Earth's history when there were no men and no industry.

The other ones were purely natural and therefore much slower, apart from the one brought on by the deluge, which as the evidence shows was pretty well instantaneous.

Google Mammoths in the permafrost if you dare.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 24,854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 9:16:09 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 11:50:11 AM, tarantula wrote:
The Bible says a lot of crazy things, which people take seriously at their peril!

Crazy they may be, or appear to be, but they are 100% true and no-one can prove otherwise.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 24,854
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 9:18:27 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 9:24:23 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 12/31/2014 9:39:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
This is the thread, apparently that will have me banned.
Because I am going to insult so many of our unaware posters.
Climate Change is real.
Oh I don't mean to insult, it just happens.

Of course climate change is real and caused by humans. I see that idiot Trump is going to back out of climate change deals!

What has this topic got to do with religion?

Because mankind's contribution to accelerating Global Warming and Climate Change is part of the tribulation foretold in the bible.

There is not a single thing in this world that is not connected to the Bible and/or its prophecies, however indirectly.
Gentorev
Posts: 3,577
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 10:00:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 12:46:37 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:

What a load of absolute and utter rubbish. Do you just think to yourself when you wake up "what utter crap / lunatic conspiracy theory am I going to believe today?"

Yes, the Earth has experienced global warming and freezing as well in the past. And there is no mystery about it. Don't you ever watch anything besides the Hour of Power on TV? It's been explained a million times.

As has what we are doing to the CO2 levels in the atmosphere since the industrial revolution, and what the effect of that is. What exactly is it that you don't believe about the science? And I'd be really, really interested to know why.

And of course you have no answer as to what else it might be. Why should you have a clue before you decide what it couldn't possibly be? Oh, wait, I know.... it's God's judgement on all those evil scientists, just to teach them a lesson for discovering the Earth isn't flat after all.

What grade primary school did you achieve before they expelled you?

The African and Arabian tectonic plates intersect in a line that runs through the Red Sea and up the Jordan valley through the Dead Sea, beneath the Mount of Olives and beyond Jericho. Zechariah 14: 3; "Then the Lord will go out and fight against those Nations, as he has fought in times passed. (4) At that time (In the future) He (The Lord) will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two from the east to the west by a large valley. half the mountain will move northward (On the African plate) and half of it southward (On the Arabian plate). This has not happened yet as well.

Just as the planets in our Solar System, experience four seasons in their elliptical orbit around our sun, which takes one calendar year, our entire Solar System also experiences four seasons in its elliptical orbit around the Black Hole at the centre of our galaxy.

Based on a distance of 30,000 light years and a speed of 220 km/s, the Sun's orbit around the centre of the Milky Way once every 225 million years. The period of time is called a cosmic year. The Sun has orbited the galaxy, more than 20 times during its 5 billion year lifetime.

If a cosmic winter manifests itself on earth as a great Ice age, no physical life forms on earth can survive a cosmic Summer.

Could a protective shield around the earth be established to protect the life forms from the increased heavenly radiation for a period of time, and if so how? The ground beneath Yellowstone is said to be 74cm higher today than it was in 1923, which indicates a massive swelling beneath the Park. Scientists believe that the reservoir of Magma is filling at an alarming rate and as that volcano erupts with a near clockwork cycle of around 600,000 years and the last eruption was more than 640,000 years ago, we are overdue for annihilation.

And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Great Sabbath, which is the Lord"s Day of one thousand years) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light.

Could the Great prophesied war in the Middle East cause the African and Arabian plates to slip dramatically, and be the trigger to set off the volcano beneath Yellowstone, bringing in a thousand year period of twilight in which rainbows can't form in our atmosphere? And when, according to Isaiah 65: 20, "If one were to die during that period at the age of 100, they would be but a child.

75,000 years ago in Toba, Sumatra, there was a super volcanic eruption that brought mankind to the very brink of extinction, and wiping out three quarters of all plant life. Thousands of cubic kilometres of material was blasted out into the stratosphere blocking out the light all over the world, turning the sun and moon into huge blood red orbs and causing the earth's temperature to drop some 21% causing a severe global winter that lasted 6 to 10 years, with another thousand year cooling period, wherein two thirds of earth plant species were destroyed and the homo sapien population was brought to near extinction leaving only a possible 10,000 to 1,000 breeding pairs, etc.
annanicole
Posts: 21,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 10:01:35 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 9:18:27 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 2/13/2017 9:24:23 AM, tarantula wrote:
At 12/31/2014 9:39:21 AM, bulproof wrote:
This is the thread, apparently that will have me banned.
Because I am going to insult so many of our unaware posters.
Climate Change is real.
Oh I don't mean to insult, it just happens.

Of course climate change is real and caused by humans. I see that idiot Trump is going to back out of climate change deals!

What has this topic got to do with religion?

Because mankind's contribution to accelerating Global Warming and Climate Change is part of the tribulation foretold in the bible.

There is not a single thing in this world that is not connected to the Bible and/or its prophecies, however indirectly.

Boy, when I saw the heading "Climate Change" and a post from you, I thought, "I'll bet anything that old fool tries to "read the signs" and somehow tie this supposed "climate change" with Armageddon. It seems that a JW - fellowshipped or disfellowshipped - simply cannot help himself. They are professional "sign readers", and their accuracy from 1874 til now points out just how good at it they are.
Gentorev
Posts: 3,577
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2017 11:11:15 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
The huge column of molten rock that feeds Yellowstone's "super volcano" dives deeper and fills a magma chamber 20 percent bigger than previous estimates, scientists say.

The finding, based on the most detailed model yet of the region's geologic plumbing, suggests that Yellowstone's magma chamber contains even more fuel for a future "super eruption" than anyone had suspected.

The model shows that a 45-mile-wide (72-kilometer-wide) plume of hot, molten rock rises to feed the super volcano from at least 410 miles (660 kilometers) beneath Earth's surface.

The deepest part of the plume actually sits beneath the town of Wisdom, Montana, about 150 miles (241 kilometers) from Yellowstone National Park, a steady flow of hot rock in Earth's upper mantle causes the plume to drift to the southeast, where it fills a magma chamber that sits just 3.7 to 10 miles (5.9 to 16 kilometers) beneath Yellowstone.

Other new data show that Yellowstone's magma chamber extends 13 miles (21 kilometers) farther to the northeast than previously thought. Scientists had already known that Yellowstone is a volcanic hot spot, and that within the past two million years, the region has seen three mammoth eruptions at intervals of about 600,000 years, and it is 640,000 years since it"s last eruption.

Such events it is said, can produce at least 77 cubic miles (360 cubic kilometers) of basalt: enough to bury Washington, D.C., under nearly 7,200 feet (2,200 meters) of solidified lava,

This is from a documentary on Yellowstone where scientists in the field of volcanic activity speak of that particular hot spot.

The volume of Yellowstone"s magmatic system is about twenty to twenty thousand cubic kilometres. It is about eighty kilometres long, forty kilometres wide, and eight kilometres deep. In other words, the magma chamber is over three times the size of New York City. Steve Parks believes that if a Super eruption occurred tomorrow, the consequences would be catastrophic. An area the size of a continent would be utterly devastated and the planet would suffer server effects for years after.

Looking at the recent eruptive history of Yellowstone said Bill Mcguire, there"s been minor eruptions every twenty to thirty thousand years, but nothing"s been seen for some seventy thousand years, which suggests that something might be overdue. He reckons that another Super eruption somewhere on the earth is an absolute certainty, whether it will be at Yellowstone is still questionable, but there is a reasonable chance there will be. Super eruptions have occurred throughout earth"s history and they are not going to stop now.

A new cycle of Super eruptions began over two million years ago when the hot spot arrived under Yellowstone. Since then there have been two more Super eruptions at Yellowstone. One point 3 million years ago and the other six hundred and forty thousand years ago. Disturbingly, these eruptions appear to be in a cycle of between six to seven hundred thousand years and the last one was six hundred and forty thousand years ago.

[Quote Bill Mcguire]: We could have an eruption next year, or we may have to wait many thousands of years to come. Now I would not be surprised if there were another eruption in my life time, but I would also not be surprised if there were not.

Professor Bill Mcguire was born in 1954 and was Professor of Geohazards at University College London and was Britain"s leading volcanologists. He has a PhD in Geology from Liton College of Higher Education, now the University of Bedfordshire in the 1980s, former home of well known TV geologist Iain Stewart. He was then appointed Reader at Cheltham & Gloucester College of Higher Education, which is now the University of Gloucester, and made it into the university sector in the 1990s when he was appointed Professor of Geohazards and Director of the Aon Benfield UCL Hazard Research Centre at University College London.

The two-episode documentary that I referred to, reveals the cutting-edge research that informed the drama. Where the experts who monitor the behaviour of the Yellowstone super-volcano, and who face the awesome responsibility of predicting when the next super-eruption might next take place - and advising on what will happen when it does. The programme goes behind the scenes to reveal the work being done to try to understand the sequence of events that could one day culminate in this apocalypse, and to calculate the global fallout that would follow it.
bulproof
Posts: 28,326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 5:21:04 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/13/2017 10:00:43 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/13/2017 12:46:37 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:

What a load of absolute and utter rubbish. Do you just think to yourself when you wake up "what utter crap / lunatic conspiracy theory am I going to believe today?"

Yes, the Earth has experienced global warming and freezing as well in the past. And there is no mystery about it. Don't you ever watch anything besides the Hour of Power on TV? It's been explained a million times.

As has what we are doing to the CO2 levels in the atmosphere since the industrial revolution, and what the effect of that is. What exactly is it that you don't believe about the science? And I'd be really, really interested to know why.

And of course you have no answer as to what else it might be. Why should you have a clue before you decide what it couldn't possibly be? Oh, wait, I know.... it's God's judgement on all those evil scientists, just to teach them a lesson for discovering the Earth isn't flat after all.

What grade primary school did you achieve before they expelled you?

The African and Arabian tectonic plates intersect in a line that runs through the Red Sea and up the Jordan valley through the Dead Sea, beneath the Mount of Olives and beyond Jericho. Zechariah 14: 3; "Then the Lord will go out and fight against those Nations, as he has fought in times passed. (4) At that time (In the future) He (The Lord) will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two from the east to the west by a large valley. half the mountain will move northward (On the African plate) and half of it southward (On the Arabian plate). This has not happened yet as well.

Just as the planets in our Solar System, experience four seasons in their elliptical orbit around our sun, which takes one calendar year, our entire Solar System also experiences four seasons in its elliptical orbit around the Black Hole at the centre of our galaxy.

Based on a distance of 30,000 light years and a speed of 220 km/s, the Sun's orbit around the centre of the Milky Way once every 225 million years. The period of time is called a cosmic year. The Sun has orbited the galaxy, more than 20 times during its 5 billion year lifetime.

If a cosmic winter manifests itself on earth as a great Ice age, no physical life forms on earth can survive a cosmic Summer.

Could a protective shield around the earth be established to protect the life forms from the increased heavenly radiation for a period of time, and if so how? The ground beneath Yellowstone is said to be 74cm higher today than it was in 1923, which indicates a massive swelling beneath the Park. Scientists believe that the reservoir of Magma is filling at an alarming rate and as that volcano erupts with a near clockwork cycle of around 600,000 years and the last eruption was more than 640,000 years ago, we are overdue for annihilation.

And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Great Sabbath, which is the Lord"s Day of one thousand years) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light.

Could the Great prophesied war in the Middle East cause the African and Arabian plates to slip dramatically, and be the trigger to set off the volcano beneath Yellowstone, bringing in a thousand year period of twilight in which rainbows can't form in our atmosphere? And when, according to Isaiah 65: 20, "If one were to die during that period at the age of 100, they would be but a child.

75,000 years ago in Toba, Sumatra, there was a super volcanic eruption that brought mankind to the very brink of extinction, and wiping out three quarters of all plant life. Thousands of cubic kilometres of material was blasted out into the stratosphere blocking out the light all over the world, turning the sun and moon into huge blood red orbs and causing the earth's temperature to drop some 21% causing a severe global winter that lasted 6 to 10 years, with another thousand year cooling period, wherein two thirds of earth plant species were destroyed and the homo sapien population was brought to near extinction leaving only a possible 10,000 to 1,000 breeding pairs, etc.
Haven't you read the bible? The universe is only 6000yrs old, get a grip.
Heaven is just a tall building away.
Me
Gentorev
Posts: 3,577
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 6:29:30 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 2/15/2017 5:21:04 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2017 10:00:43 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/13/2017 12:46:37 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:

What a load of absolute and utter rubbish. Do you just think to yourself when you wake up "what utter crap / lunatic conspiracy theory am I going to believe today?"

Yes, the Earth has experienced global warming and freezing as well in the past. And there is no mystery about it. Don't you ever watch anything besides the Hour of Power on TV? It's been explained a million times.

As has what we are doing to the CO2 levels in the atmosphere since the industrial revolution, and what the effect of that is. What exactly is it that you don't believe about the science? And I'd be really, really interested to know why.

And of course you have no answer as to what else it might be. Why should you have a clue before you decide what it couldn't possibly be? Oh, wait, I know.... it's God's judgement on all those evil scientists, just to teach them a lesson for discovering the Earth isn't flat after all.

What grade primary school did you achieve before they expelled you?

The African and Arabian tectonic plates intersect in a line that runs through the Red Sea and up the Jordan valley through the Dead Sea, beneath the Mount of Olives and beyond Jericho. Zechariah 14: 3; "Then the Lord will go out and fight against those Nations, as he has fought in times passed. (4) At that time (In the future) He (The Lord) will stand on the Mount of Olives, to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two from the east to the west by a large valley. half the mountain will move northward (On the African plate) and half of it southward (On the Arabian plate). This has not happened yet as well.

Just as the planets in our Solar System, experience four seasons in their elliptical orbit around our sun, which takes one calendar year, our entire Solar System also experiences four seasons in its elliptical orbit around the Black Hole at the centre of our galaxy.

Based on a distance of 30,000 light years and a speed of 220 km/s, the Sun's orbit around the centre of the Milky Way once every 225 million years. The period of time is called a cosmic year. The Sun has orbited the galaxy, more than 20 times during its 5 billion year lifetime.

If a cosmic winter manifests itself on earth as a great Ice age, no physical life forms on earth can survive a cosmic Summer.

Could a protective shield around the earth be established to protect the life forms from the increased heavenly radiation for a period of time, and if so how? The ground beneath Yellowstone is said to be 74cm higher today than it was in 1923, which indicates a massive swelling beneath the Park. Scientists believe that the reservoir of Magma is filling at an alarming rate and as that volcano erupts with a near clockwork cycle of around 600,000 years and the last eruption was more than 640,000 years ago, we are overdue for annihilation.

And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Great Sabbath, which is the Lord"s Day of one thousand years) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light.

Could the Great prophesied war in the Middle East cause the African and Arabian plates to slip dramatically, and be the trigger to set off the volcano beneath Yellowstone, bringing in a thousand year period of twilight in which rainbows can't form in our atmosphere? And when, according to Isaiah 65: 20, "If one were to die during that period at the age of 100, they would be but a child.

75,000 years ago in Toba, Sumatra, there was a super volcanic eruption that brought mankind to the very brink of extinction, and wiping out three quarters of all plant life. Thousands of cubic kilometres of material was blasted out into the stratosphere blocking out the light all over the world, turning the sun and moon into huge blood red orbs and causing the earth's temperature to drop some 21% causing a severe global winter that lasted 6 to 10 years, with another thousand year cooling period, wherein two thirds of earth plant species were destroyed and the homo sapien population was brought to near extinction leaving only a possible 10,000 to 1,000 breeding pairs, etc.
Haven't you read the bible? The universe is only 6000yrs old, get a grip.

If you believe that the bible states that the universe is only 6,000 years old, this proves beyond all doubt that you are a mentally unstable and biblically untaught ignoramus, who attempt to twist and torture scripture to your own destruction as said in 2nd Peter 3: 16.