Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

The Importance Of Keeping Short Accounts!

MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 12:24:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"THE IMPORTANCE OF KEEPING SHORT ACCOUNTS:"

This takes practice as it doesn't come naturally, our self protective, and prideful tendencies won"t allow it. But as with any kind of hard work, the BENEFITS outweigh the toil. For one, just knowing I"m doing the "Right Thing" is rewarding enough, plus it frees me from guilt of"did I do my part, did I do enough, where do I stand? And much blame on self, others and even God. I"m real big on wanting to "fix" things so I can move on to the next thing that needs fixing or at least some kind of "Challenge" for me.

But, I don"t want NEGATIVE challenges, so I"m real big on KEEPING SHORT ACCOUNTS".And I think this is very biblical and I will show why as I go along. Think how wonderful and easy ALL relationships would be if people kept short accounts? Especially in our churches, this will be my main focus for now. There are many areas in our life that require keeping short accounts. Some would be our relationship with God, friends, spouse, kids and church. You could add work and other situations that force you to have human relations, ones that call for keeping SHORT ACCOUNTS, or you don"t have to. If you choice NOT to, then be prepared to expect the unexpected"just saying.

Firstly, I think it is most important to keep short accounts with God, something I have failed at many times, we all do, because we are human and God doesn"t hold that against us, but He does DESIRE his best for His children and He wants to see His will be done through them for His glory. When I go to churches and take communion I am always reminded of the "PROPER" way on how to take communion. Sad that only one church in 29 years that I have been in has taught the proper way. I was taught by the "SOUND PASTOR" I was under in my 20"s, the importance of balance and truth more than other preacher I have known".I have yet to meet his match. He had a way of not only comparing scripture with scripture, but he knew how to APPLY the word of God through not only sound teaching but through sound examples, one which will be given in a moment"He also lived what he preached and he expects others to do so as well. If I am right he shepherd God"s church for 38 years without dissension. Anyway, much of what comes out my mouth and head are what I have learned from him and the spirit in me " I am shocked to find many were not taught BALANCE, but a lie.

Anyway, here is an example of KEEPING SHORT ACCOUNTS. He would have us turn to 1 Cor 11 and go over the chapter on taking communion and doing so in a "worthy manner" and it would say". 1 Cor 1127 "Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.29 For he thateateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come."

I learned, I couldn't feel good about taking communion knowing I had aught with someone and things just weren't right, and if it isn't right with me and someone else, then it isn"t right with God that"s for sure.. See it"s really simple keeping short accounts. Kind of like lying, the more you lie the more you have to remember, and IDK, (cause I"m not a liar) just seems like too much work. So, before communion, I would try and get right with God through prayer right then and there for my bad attitude or behavior. I say try, because there were times when I just wasn"t ready and that is ok"He understands that, I just needed more work and understanding.

There were times I did not take communion because I knew I wasn"t right with a neighbor or someone".so I had to take the first step and go to them and talk to them about admitting my part and apologizing and try and do better, or if I still think I am right, agree to disagree and leave it at that, yet always on a good note".LIKE I DID MY HORSES, KIDS and OTHER ANIMALS. If that person chooses to NOT "ACCEPT" your apology and is still mad at you"then at least you know you did the right thing, see what I mean? In God"s eyes you"ve done all you can to be at PEACE, to be at HARMONY and in the process glorified Him. The bible also says, Matt 5:37 "But let your statement be, 'Yes, yes ' or 'No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil.""Your word should be your word, don"t lie"another bad habit that many fall into out of fear of some kind"easier to keep short accounts so you can be TRUSTED and not have to try and remember how to keep everything straight"again, sounds like a lot of work to me"whew!

OK, so starting right there with God will make it much easier to transfer that accountability to let"s say relationships with friends and others you may hope to be friends with. Again you want to know if they can be trusted, you do this by first being trustworthy. If they keep failing in an area of mutual respect, I"d move on, if they fail in integrity, move on, especially LYING!...never been too tolerant of that one.

Kind of hard to have short accounts with God if you are living in sin (fingers pointing at me too, believe me!) Repenting to God on a daily bases for even the bad thoughts and words we say (unless warranted"even Jesus called the Pharisees VIPERS and HYPOCRITES) to even be reminded of the praise that He is worthy of and all He has created, the life and health He gives to me"Ask forgiveness for the sins of OMISSION, we all try and justify, because they aren"t visible to others. Anyway, friends and acquaintances need short accounts on both sides and clear boundaries set in order to build trust and longevity. This is accomplished by expressing verbally in a nice way your needs, wants and desires, but at the same time be ready to hear the word NO and that is still ok with you. I mean all you want to do is at least TRY and then see what happens and you should be able to do the same for them. Keeping short accounts means you need to ask for forgiveness and say, I AM SORRY"the three hardest words"words that eat at our pride of having to admit we were wrong. See that is what makes this so hard"being "RIGHT FIGHTERS""nope, got to let go of that pride and say""For By The Grace Of God There Go I""."Treat Others As You Would Want To Be Treated""are we going to fail, of course we are, but that is when KEEPING SHORT ACCOUNTS comes into play and you try again. When applied correctly, keeping short accounts will give you peace with God and yourself if nothing else"let the other person LEAVE if they want"if you've done your best and know in your heart you did the right thing"then it is their LOSS not yours, move on and go with God.