Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Everything Happens For A Reason....Really?

MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 12:34:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON: This has been another one of those clich"s Christians often throw around without truly understanding its meaning"or the meaning God has shown me over the years. Although this phrase cannot be found in the bible, there is some truth to it, if used in the right context. Romans 8:28 is often used to back up this man made statement. It wasn"t until a few years ago that God revealed to me what this quote and Romans 8:28 really means, or at least it makes sense to me. All things need to be lined up with God"s word and cannot contradict it. I have found that the way many Christians use this verse contradicts a foundational truth, which will be explained in a bit. Plus, it must be read in CONTEXT of the whole chapter. Applying proper hermeneutics.

Instead of throwing clich"s at hurting people, we need to present the truth of what Romans 8:28 really means.

The paradox (mystery) is found in trying to combine God"s SOVEREIGNTY with Man"s FREE WILL. To say that "Every Thing Happens For A Reason" and that "God Works ALL Things Out For Good"".leaves out man"s Free Will and personal accountability. Yes, things do happen for a reason, due to natural cause and effect. If you have sex, you can get pregnant, if you run a red light you"re likely to get in an accident. Does that mean it is God ordained?"not in the sense that He controlled every situation, or caused you to do something or say something mean or bad. He wouldn"t have you do or say something that goes against His character"Evil Spirits would"You made that choice now you have to live with it, or you can yield/submit to the will of God and allow Him to make it "good" or better. We also cannot keep OTHERS from doing what they are doing to us, or what might affect us. God could if he wanted to (but that would go against His nature and He didn"t make puppets) direct and control everything, including what one does or says. He could even do away with Satan (and He will someday) and keep Satan from attacking His children. But God has chosen not to do this because who wants someone who ONLY loves you because you made them"not real love then is it? God is a jealous God and wants OUR LOVE and devotion because we love Him"."We Love God Because He First Loved Us"

What God has revealed to me over the years in my head and heart is this one truth. God gave us the Holy Spirit in us to HELP us do the ONE thing an unbeliever isn"t able to, and that is allow God to do His work for good, thus FULFIL Romans 8:28. He also cannot fulfill this with a disobedient Christian who is going their own way. See here is the key to it all and if followed fulfils Romans 8:28 and all of God"s number one desire for His children"""

GOD"S SOVEREIGNTY"..Is just as powerful a fact as man"s free will. Obviously like I said, God can DO anything He wants. But He chose to set creation up in a way that glorifies Him. We were put here to Glorify God. I"m going to explain how I see the two fit together and you see if it makes any sense?

God has a part and I have a part. These two parts must fit together to make a functioning whole. Now if man"s free will is pulling in one direction and God"s is trying to draw him towards Himself".are all things working for mans good?...obviously not. I have been saying what I am about to say for many years, my response is often a puzzled look on many a Christians face".THE ONLY THING I AM CALLED TO DO AND IS WHAT GOT ME IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IN THE FIRST PLACE".WAS YIELD/SUBMIT to His call and to His will".God"s job or part is to do the WORK. 1 Cor 3 is a great example of this. Jesus is the FOUNDATION and it is the work that God has done IN you and not the work of your flesh that is going to count. Our works will not be judged, it says, our FAITHFULNESS will be. As we yield, God works.

So how does this all fit in with Romans 8:28?"simple, most don"t take into consideration what, "TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD" mean. Romans 8:28 only applies to those who LOVE Him, who are submitted and yielded to His will. This is done through prayer and reading of His word and obedience of course. Kind of like a child who submits to his parent"s authority, now I can work with that child in guiding him to do what is BEST (Good) FOR HIM. As one TRUSTS and is yielded to God"s sovereignty, God does His work IN them (He is the potter I am the clay) and through them. He makes it so ones OUTLOOK and DESIRES are right in lines with His".how much better can you get? That is the GOOD that Paul is talking about".it doesn"t change your circumstances, but it does change your focus which is an ETERNAL FOCUS"no longer one that is on self, circumstances or this worldly goods. The other is true too, if you do NOT yield and trust God He CANNOT and WILL NOT do His part and work with you and help you".Reminds of Moses and the Israelites who wandered for 40 years, when they didn"t have to"they didn"t RECEIVE the GOOD that God had for them"God often does intervene as a way to nudge you and get your attention back to Him"but only true MIRACLES and true PEACE can happen as one is solely focused on Him!...do I want just a part of God"s blessings or ALL?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:04:48 PM
At 12/31/2014 12:34:38 PM, MsTambo wrote:
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON: This has been another one of those clich"s Christians often throw around without truly understanding its meaning"or the meaning God has shown me over the years.

You just completely destroyed any shred of credibility and honesty you might have had.

Well done. :)
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:23:39 PM
BTW, years after I wrote that, a very well, known pastor worldwide, said the same thing I did in a message I was listening to on the radio. His doctrinal foundation and hermenutics is the same as mine....SOUND!

He said, exactly what I did, "Romans 8:28, is only for those who LOVE GOD, not just because they are saved....only as one draws closer to God is God able to work with that person....and only then can GOOD be found....yes, God will make good out of things, even when we go astray, but until we are able to totally SUBMIT and YIELD our will to His, we are NOT receiving all His GOOD"...get it.

Makes perfect sense to me....:)
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:48:51 PM
Again, the same bunch of haters is on your back. You have made an excellent beginning of a discussion, but these haters will not participate and will only try to keep other people away from discussing the topic like adults.

It is true, "everything happens for a reason" is a cheap cliche. It was used by Kid Rock in one of his filth promoting songs, as was the phrase "God knows why". Christians need to be prepared to give deeper answers and explanations than lost people. The cliches are actually true, but their meaning is cheapened when they are tossed around with no more authortiy than Kid Rock has on the things of God.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:59:33 PM
At 12/31/2014 1:23:39 PM, MsTambo wrote:
BTW, years after I wrote that, a very well, known pastor worldwide, said the same thing I did in a message I was listening to on the radio. His doctrinal foundation and hermenutics is the same as mine....SOUND!

He said, exactly what I did, "Romans 8:28, is only for those who LOVE GOD, not just because they are saved....only as one draws closer to God is God able to work with that person....and only then can GOOD be found....yes, God will make good out of things, even when we go astray, but until we are able to totally SUBMIT and YIELD our will to His, we are NOT receiving all His GOOD"...get it.

Makes perfect sense to me....:)

Sure does, it's really simple. When you know the author of the Book, the truth is plain.

It all turns out for evil to those who hate God because that is the only way they will look at God. Even though He loves them, they will only know His wrath in the fire of Hell where it will no longer be possible for them to know His love. God is love and never changes. It's all good for those who love God.....good far beyond what we can begin to imagine.

Exhorting and admonishing one another more and more as you see the day approaching. I hope He comes tonight. What a day that will be.

What a day, that will be, when my Jesus I shall see!
And I look upon His face, the one who saved me by His grace!
He will take me by the hand, and lead me through the promised land!
What a day, glorious day, that will be, oh yeah!

There'll be no sorrow there, no more burdens to bear,
no more sickness or pain, no more dying over there.
All will be peace forever more, on that happy golden shore.
What a day, glorious day, that will be...Oh Yeah!

The Bible stands though the Earth may crumble
and the mountains fall, and the hills may tumble.
I will plant my feet on it's firm foundation
for the Bible stands!

Two of our theme songs at church.....almost time to go.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 8:48:54 PM
EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON: This has been another one of those clich"s Christians often throw around without truly understanding its meaning"or the meaning God has shown me over the years. Although this phrase cannot be found in the bible, there is some truth to it, if used in the right context. Romans 8:28 is often used to back up this man made statement. It wasn"t until a few years ago that God revealed to me what this quote and Romans 8:28 really means, or at least it makes sense to me. All things need to be lined up with God"s word and cannot contradict it. I have found that the way many Christians use this verse contradicts a foundational truth, which will be explained in a bit. Plus, it must be read in CONTEXT of the whole chapter. Applying proper hermeneutics.

Instead of throwing clich"s at hurting people, we need to present the truth of what Romans 8:28 really means.

The paradox (mystery) is found in trying to combine God"s SOVEREIGNTY with Man"s FREE WILL. To say that "Every Thing Happens For A Reason" and that "God Works ALL Things Out For Good"".leaves out man"s Free Will and personal accountability. Yes, things do happen for a reason, due to natural cause and effect. If you have sex, you can get pregnant, if you run a red light you"re likely to get in an accident. Does that mean it is God ordained?"not in the sense that He controlled every situation, or caused you to do something or say something mean or bad. He wouldn"t have you do or say something that goes against His character"Evil Spirits would"You made that choice now you have to live with it, or you can yield/submit to the will of God and allow Him to make it "good" or better. We also cannot keep OTHERS from doing what they are doing to us, or what might affect us. God could if he wanted to (but that would go against His nature and He didn"t make puppets) direct and control everything, including what one does or says. He could even do away with Satan (and He will someday) and keep Satan from attacking His children. But God has chosen not to do this because who wants someone who ONLY loves you because you made them"not real love then is it? God is a jealous God and wants OUR LOVE and devotion because we love Him"."We Love God Because He First Loved Us"

What God has revealed to me over the years in my head and heart is this one truth. God gave us the Holy Spirit in us to HELP us do the ONE thing an unbeliever isn"t able to, and that is allow God to do His work for good, thus FULFIL Romans 8:28. He also cannot fulfill this with a disobedient Christian who is going their own way. See here is the key to it all and if followed fulfils Romans 8:28 and all of God"s number one desire for His children"""

GOD"S SOVEREIGNTY"..Is just as powerful a fact as man"s free will. Obviously like I said, God can DO anything He wants. But He chose to set creation up in a way that glorifies Him. We were put here to Glorify God. I"m going to explain how I see the two fit together and you see if it makes any sense?

God has a part and I have a part. These two parts must fit together to make a functioning whole. Now if man"s free will is pulling in one direction and God"s is trying to draw him towards Himself".are all things working for mans good?...obviously not. I have been saying what I am about to say for many years, my response is often a puzzled look on many a Christians face".THE ONLY THING I AM CALLED TO DO AND IS WHAT GOT ME IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD IN THE FIRST PLACE".WAS YIELD/SUBMIT to His call and to His will".God"s job or part is to do the WORK. 1 Cor 3 is a great example of this. Jesus is the FOUNDATION and it is the work that God has done IN you and not the work of your flesh that is going to count. Our works will not be judged, it says, our FAITHFULNESS will be. As we yield, God works.

So how does this all fit in with Romans 8:28?"simple, most don"t take into consideration what, "TO THOSE WHO LOVE GOD" mean. Romans 8:28 only applies to those who LOVE Him, who are submitted and yielded to His will. This is done through prayer and reading of His word and obedience of course. Kind of like a child who submits to his parent"s authority, now I can work with that child in guiding him to do what is BEST (Good) FOR HIM. As one TRUSTS and is yielded to God"s sovereignty, God does His work IN them (He is the potter I am the clay) and through them. He makes it so ones OUTLOOK and DESIRES are right in lines with His".how much better can you get? That is the GOOD that Paul is talking about".it doesn"t change your circumstances, but it does change your focus which is an ETERNAL FOCUS"no longer one that is on self, circumstances or this worldly goods. The other is true too, if you do NOT yield and trust God He CANNOT and WILL NOT do His part and work with you and help you".Reminds of Moses and the Israelites who wandered for 40 years, when they didn"t have to"they didn"t RECEIVE the GOOD that God had for them"God often does intervene as a way to nudge you and get your attention back to Him"but only true MIRACLES and true PEACE can happen as one is solely focused on Him!...do I want just a part of God"s blessings or ALL?

For a better understanding of why everything happens for a reason, and an alternative to a mystical cause, one could, if seriously interested and not just blowing smoke, consider the Buddhist concept of causation. Gaining knowledge requires effort, ignorance is for the lazy.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 9:23:07 PM
As soon as the children were let in the preachers followed, what a wonderful world.
Children beware the preacher, danger may lurk there.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 3:14:29 AM
At 12/31/2014 8:16:27 PM, MsTambo wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:56:13 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
http://www.baptistboard.com...

Copy pasta.

Stop it.

LOL, that is me too....;)

Two years and you don't have anything new to say? Figures.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 12:37:10 PM
Nope, I've written over 200 articles in the last 3 years, those were just some good ones to help people...right now, I'm writing 2 books...1) "What God Desires Of A Healthy Church"...Getting Back To The Basics....2) "Separating The Truths From The Lies, With These 5 Factors".....
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 12:41:05 PM
BTW, I do not expect those without the SPIRIT of God IN them to understand the word of God, which was written by the Holy Spirit...My article was for believers

1 Cor 2: 14, "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 2:41:01 PM
At 1/1/2015 12:41:05 PM, MsTambo wrote:
BTW, I do not expect those without the SPIRIT of God IN them to understand the word of God, which was written by the Holy Spirit...My article was for believers

1 Cor 2: 14, "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

When I replace the word "Spirit" with the word 'insanity', it all makes sense.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 2:55:41 PM

Often when people say that "everything happens for a reason" they are only trying to communicate that our lives have purpose (as do our deaths).
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 3:36:41 PM
At 1/2/2015 2:41:01 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/1/2015 12:41:05 PM, MsTambo wrote:

When I replace the word "Spirit" with the word 'insanity', it all makes sense.

YOU are not in AUTHORITY to replace God's word with anything!
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 3:39:51 PM
At 1/2/2015 2:55:41 PM, Idealist wrote:

Often when people say that "everything happens for a reason" they are only trying to communicate that our lives have purpose (as do our deaths).

Actually what they are doing is trying make sense of what doesn't make sense. Often times what ends up happening is one does what they can to make sense out of nonsense, and do something to make it better.

Like starting an organization such as, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers after losing a child to a drunk driver.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 3:43:12 PM
If everything happens for a reason and we know God is the reason. Why do we even question his screw ups?
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 4:45:45 PM
At 1/2/2015 3:43:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:
If everything happens for a reason and we know God is the reason. Why do we even question his screw ups?

Guess you missed the part about FREE WILL

we also have to deal with Satan and his minions and the fact we live in a FALLEN WORLD, so don't blame God!
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 4:47:30 PM
At 1/2/2015 3:39:51 PM, MsTambo wrote:
At 1/2/2015 2:55:41 PM, Idealist wrote:

Actually what they are doing is trying make sense of what doesn't make sense. Often times what ends up happening is one does what they can to make sense out of nonsense, and do something to make it better.

Just because it doesn't make sense to you or me doesn't mean that it makes no sense at all. I'm sure there are many things which make no sense at all to us, but do make sense to someone else. No one knows how to make sense of most of quantum physics, but there probably is a quantifiable structure there.

Like starting an organization such as, Mothers Against Drunk Drivers after losing a child to a drunk driver.

That's actually a beneficial thing to do, and it aids in the healing process for the one left alive. Remember, funerals are for the living, not for the dead. This is the same.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 6:34:49 PM
At 1/2/2015 4:45:45 PM, MsTambo wrote:
At 1/2/2015 3:43:12 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Guess you missed the part about FREE WILL

we also have to deal with Satan and his minions and the fact we live in a FALLEN WORLD, so don't blame God!
Since Christian doctrine proclaims that God created Earth, God created Evil, God created Satan, and God created humans... in fact, the claim is that God created everything, that means everything came from God and is of God. There's no one else to blame. God is not only the number one suspect, but the only suspect.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 6:56:23 PM
Yes, I understood your premise, good point.

Did God create evil?

No, evil is the result of disobeying God. In Ez 28, Lucifer was created the most beautiful angle, and the most talented, but because of PRIDE, he and 1/3 of the angles rebelled and were cast out of heaven. THEY MADE A CHOICE

Adam and Eve also made a choice and choose to disobey God.

In a book I'm working on explains all this. There are 5 factors in this world that influence all of mankind. Understanding how these factors all work together is another story.

"Separating The Truths From The Lies, With These 5 Factors"...
1) Our Sin Nature....2) Others Sin Nature...3) Evil Forces....4) A Fallen World....5) God's Will
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 6:57:42 PM
Question: "Did God create evil?"

Answer: At first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God. However, evil is not a "thing" like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a "thing" that required God to create it.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked, "Does cold exist?" the answer would likely be "yes." However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good.

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want "robots" that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their "programming." God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

As finite human beings, we can never fully understand an infinite God (Romans 11:33-34). Sometimes we think we understand why God is doing something, only to find out later that it was for a different purpose than we originally thought. God looks at things from a holy, eternal perspective. We look at things from a sinful, earthly, and temporal perspective. Why did God put man on earth knowing that Adam and Eve would sin and therefore bring evil, death, and suffering on all mankind? Why didn"t He just create us all and leave us in heaven where we would be perfect and without suffering? These questions cannot be adequately answered this side of eternity. What we can know is whatever God does is holy and perfect and ultimately will glorify Him. God allowed for the possibility of evil in order to give us a true choice in regards to whether we worship Him. God did not create evil, but He allowed it. If He had not allowed evil, we would be worshipping Him out of obligation, not by a choice of our own will.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 7:23:39 PM

Well lets apply "proper hermeneutics" to what you are saying.
Hermeneutics defined according to http://en.wikipedia.org... as being " the theory of text interpretation"

Text interpretation depends on personal perception of the readers. Who decides what is a "proper interpretation" of something and what is not a "proper interpretation" of it?

Take for example your above comment " This has been another one of those clich"s Christians often throw around without truly understanding its meaning"or the meaning God has shown me over the years."

How should we properly interpret "God showing you" anything at all with proper hermeneutics?
What is the proper interpretation of the word "God" in your context?
Did some invisible character manifest himself to you and literally show you something?
... or....
Should we interpret it as an idea popped into your head and you convinced yourself it was true ?

Another example..
Your statement " It wasn"t until a few years ago that God revealed to me what this quote and Romans 8:28 really means, or at least it makes sense to me"

Did an invisible character actually reveal something to you by some magical or supernatural means?
...or....
Are you simply saying that the scripture made no sense to you till a few years ago when you finally managed to make some sense of it?

Basically I am asking what you are talking about when you talk about God.
Are you talking about an invisible supernatural character who lives some place outside planet Earth or are you talking about your own inner intuition, knowledge and understanding which obviously develops with maturity?

All people obviously gain more understanding of things as they mature in their comprehension skills. No person needs to believe in a supernatural character to gain a certain amount of enlightenment about things in this life. I am sure you have seen cartoon of characters with light bulbs above their heads. Human thoughts, ideas, concepts, inventions, etc, come from within humans not from any invisible characters. They come from your own mind and your own perception and your own reactions toward the world around you.

Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

What does it really mean " to love God" ?
Does it mean you need to love an invisible supernatural character before anything works out for good ?
Does it mean if you don't love an invisible supernatural character nothing is ever going to work out for good or work out for the best for you?

The fact is that anyone who wants to see the good in anything and who wants to learn from the circumstances of life, will manage to find the good they are looking for. It makes no difference if they love some invisible supernatural character or not.
Many atheists have a perfectly positive attitude in life and can see the good in bad circumstances and know that sometimes undesirable things happen in life but it is all for the best in the end. It all depends on ones attitude toward life not whether one loves an invisible supernatural being or not.

That is what makes sense to me.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 7:34:15 PM
At 1/2/2015 6:56:23 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Yes, I understood your premise, good point.

Did God create evil?

No, evil is the result of disobeying God. In Ez 28, Lucifer was created the most beautiful angle, and the most talented, but because of PRIDE, he and 1/3 of the angles rebelled and were cast out of heaven. THEY MADE A CHOICE

Adam and Eve also made a choice and choose to disobey God.

In a book I'm working on explains all this. There are 5 factors in this world that influence all of mankind. Understanding how these factors all work together is another story.

"Separating The Truths From The Lies, With These 5 Factors"...
1) Our Sin Nature....2) Others Sin Nature...3) Evil Forces....4) A Fallen World....5) God's Will

Apparently most Christians like to ignore and deny the FACT that God admits to creating evil. They are basically claiming God is a liar in....
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

The LORD says "I create evil"
Christians say "No you don't. It's the result of disobedience which has nothing to do with you"
Christians claim God does not create all things.
They imply God is telling lies when he says he creates evil, calamity, disaster, bad times, etc.
They simply refuse to believe their own God is telling the truth.
MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 7:56:57 PM
Good question in the beginning, thing is I need to wait till late to answer you as I am busy and going out later.

But, I will say God revealed to me (and others, such as I heard Charles Stanley say the same thing years after I wrote that) through my experiences, which have been more than anyone I know or you probably. So, my MANY BAD experiences from day 1 (NO FAULT OF MY OWN) along with God's word revealed this truth to me.

I tend to be in the 1% in many areas in my life, so I feel God has a special plan, one that many others are not called for.

You can check me out on facebook in my profile
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:26:48 PM
At 1/2/2015 6:57:42 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Question: "Did God create evil?"

Answer: At first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God. However, evil is not a "thing" like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a "thing" that required God to create it.

You obviously cannot have a jar full of "evil" unless it is a jar filled with poison, but on the other hand you cannot have a jar full of "good" either so that analogy is ridiculous. It makes no difference what you place in the jar. The contents might be perceived as good by those who can tolerate the contents and the very same contents might be perceived as evil by those who are intolerant or allergic to the contents. Therefore good and evil are a matter of perception and also a matter of what you can tolerate vs what you cannot tolerate.
Whether you choose to "eat" the contents of the jar or not depends on whether you see them as good or bad. Of themselves they are neither good or bad. They simply are what they are. They are neutral.
A hole is also not just the absence of dirt. You can have a hole in a brick wall which is deliberately put there to create a door. It is not an absence of anything. It is a necessary addition to the wall so people can come and go through the entry/exit.
As soon as you create an entry into a place you have also created an exit to the same place whether you wanted to create one or not. The exit and the entry are the same thing used in opposite ways. You can chose to go in to a building only if you are outside the building. You cannot choose to go into it if you are already in it. You also cannot choose to go out of the building if you are already outside. Which is the best choice? To go in or to stay out or does it depend on circumstances and reasons for going in and out?
As for choosing good or rejecting good, that is impossible to do. Go back to your jar example. Fill the Jar with good food. Is that food good for all or is it poison to all who are allergic to it? To eat or not to eat is the question. How does it affect you? If it has no affect on you then to you it is good. If it has a detrimental affect on you then to you it is bad/ evil.
As for any relationships. That is also very subjective. People create their own relationships with others depending on whether they have something in common or not.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked, "Does cold exist?" the answer would likely be "yes." However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good.

Evil is not the absence of goodness at all. Evil and goodness are both perceptions and judgments made by humans depending on whether the person is for or against whatever is presented before them. Peanuts are good in some peoples judgments, yet they are evil in other peoples judgements, because peanuts can kill some people yet have absolutely no affect on others.

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want "robots" that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their "programming." God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

Who is this "God" you are talking about?
An invisible supernatural entity did not create anything. Humans created invisible supernatural entities in their own imaginations and made those entities immortal in stories. Any stories about any gods at all are created by humans. In reality, humans create and allow evil to exist.

As finite human beings, we can never fully understand an infinite God (Romans 11:33-34). Sometimes we think we understand why God is doing something, only to find out later that it was for a different purpose than we originally thought. God looks at things from a holy, eternal perspective. We look at things from a sinful, earthly, and temporal perspective. Why did God put man on earth knowing that Adam and Eve would sin and therefore bring evil, death, and suffering on all mankind? Why didn"t He just create us all and leave us in heaven where we would be perfect and without suffering? These questions cannot be adequately answered this side of eternity. What we can know is whatever God does is holy and perfect and ultimately will glorify Him. God allowed for the possibility of evil in order to give us a true choice in regards to whether we worship Him. God did not create evil, but He allowed it. If He had not allowed evil, we would be worshipping Him out of obligation, not by a choice of our own will.

Again, define this God you are talking about. Is he an invisible supernatural character? If so, how is he any different to Zeus or Muse or Father Time or any other human created god? If one god is a mythical invisible supernatural character then all gods logically must be mythical invisible supernatural characters. If one god can be real then all gods can be real. Are they all real or are they all imaginary characters?
Humans want to believe their invisible supernatural character has a holy perspective but ultimately he only has the perspective or lack of it which his believers believe he has. Humans create God in the image they decide he ought to have.

Perfection is not a lack of death, a lack of evil, a lack of whatever humans decide they do not like. Perfection is the combination of all opposites to make a perfect WHOLE COMPLETE item. Reject the opposite of anything at all and you end up with an imperfection due to having an imbalance.

Here is some food for thought >> http://www.debate.org...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 8:42:39 PM
At 1/2/2015 7:56:57 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Good question in the beginning, thing is I need to wait till late to answer you as I am busy and going out later.

But, I will say God revealed to me (and others, such as I heard Charles Stanley say the same thing years after I wrote that) through my experiences, which have been more than anyone I know or you probably. So, my MANY BAD experiences from day 1 (NO FAULT OF MY OWN) along with God's word revealed this truth to me.

I tend to be in the 1% in many areas in my life, so I feel God has a special plan, one that many others are not called for.

You can check me out on facebook in my profile

Lifes experiences tend to reveal a lot to all the living regardless of whether they believe in fairies or any other mythical characters or not. Everyone has good and bad experiences in life so you are not unique or in the 1% in those areas at all.

Life has the same "plan" for all of us. We live, we reproduce and we die. That is the basic plan of life. That's the way it is.
While we are alive we learn about life and we teach others what we learn. That is what we do to keep ourselves occupied so we don't get bored with the process of living.

Have you ever seen the Matrix? Maybe you are just 1% human and 99% bacteria?
http://www.caseyresearch.com...

"Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure. "

Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

http://www.imdb.com...