Total Posts:227|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christianity Is Not A Religion.

MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 12:55:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION!

The difference between Christianity and Religion:

Christianity is unique in the fact that it is the ONLY faith which is not a religion- as a 'religion'- by definition means "to be bound" by rules and regulations and rituals in order that one MAY attain salvation. (whatever their definition of salvation may be)
This is in stark contrast to the teachings of THE most anti-religious person there ever lived- Jesus the Christ.

Jesus taught that the truth would "SET YOU FREE" and that it would be faith ALONE in His sacrificial death and resurrection for our sins which would save us and NOT our good deeds.

"For it is by God's grace that you have been saved, through faith. It is not the result of your own efforts, but God's GIFT, so that no one can boast about it." (Ephesians 2: 8-9)

This means that (although good in themselves and recommended) it is NOT by attending 'church', being baptized** or even believing in God! (Satan is not an atheist himself!)
To put it plainly: We are saved by faith and DEMONSTRATED by good works- but it isn't the works themselves that actually save us.

"His choice is based on His grace, not on what they have done. For if God's choice was based on what people do, then His grace would not be real grace." (Romans 11:6)

You see, religion is humanity trying to reach God by their own efforts, while Christianity is God paying the price Himself- in essence- reaching down to us..it is a RELATIONSHIP with our creator.
Still not convinced? Has religion still got a strangle-hold on you?..then consider Isaiah 64:6 : "ALL of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags."

Did you note that it isn't just our sins that are filthy to God, but even our RIGHTEOUSNESS? You see, Gods standard is HIMSELF, who is THE epitome of Holiness and purity.

"God is Light and in Him there is no darkness at all" (1John 1:5) So, to a pure a Holy and perfect God, ANY sin/darkness would naturally be alien and repugnant to Him..so, humanly speaking, it IS impossible for us to be saved..THAT is why God demonstrated His love for us by coming down in human form as the Lord Jesus Christ.

The 10 commandments and other laws were designed to show us that we are sinners..there is NO way any human could keep all of them-

For example: How many things do you have to steal (regardless of value) in order to be a thief?
-Just one.

How many lies do you have to tell (no matter how "big" or "small" it is) to be a liar?
- Just one.

So how many sins does it take for us to be a sinner?
-Just one.

These were just two of the ten commandments..and every one of us has broken them all!
Furthermore "For whoever shall keep the whole law and stumble in one point, he is guilty of all. (James 2:10)

Therefore, if you are trying to live by the law and fail just once you shall die by it- for it is humanly impossible to keep. That is the very reason the Jews had to continuously offer sacrifices as substitution for their own lives. But the blood of bulls and goats weren"t sufficient to take sin away entirely.

Since every single person is a sinner, that is, we have all rebelled against God's wishes, so, every single person is doomed to an eternity in hell- separated from light and love- forever.
It doesn't have to be this way though- God loves us so much that He supplied a solution.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23)

Men die because they sin. If one was perfect they would not then die. The very fact that Jesus Christ rose from the dead (this is a historical fact) proves that all our sins were paid for. Romans 4:25 tells us that if just one sin wasn"t taken care of, Christ would still be in the grave for all to see.

Jesus, being God AND man, was the ONLY one who could be perfect and keep the commandments- and since He did- He satisfied The Law and then on the cross He bore the punishment of our sins- ALL OF THEM, past, present and future, died and then rose again to show that He had conquered death for us and as a promise to all those who trust in His sacrifice for our sins- that they too will rise from the dead and into eternity with God. This is the gospel.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:10:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 12:55:16 PM, MsTambo wrote:

How many lies do you have to tell (no matter how "big" or "small" it is) to be a liar?
- Just one.

...doomed to an eternity in hell- separated from light and love- forever.

The very fact that Jesus Christ rose from the dead (this is a historical fact)..

Save me a seat by the fire. :)
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:16:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Whoops, I have to confess, that wasn't the one I wrote about, but I do agree with the AUTHORS premise...because it is biblical.

I think, I had added it to the one I had written, which I do not need to add.

To bad there isn't a way to edit stuff after it is posted? Or is there?

Btw, is anyone actually able to debate on here?

Amazing...*Shakes Head*
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:51:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 1:16:39 PM, MsTambo wrote:

Btw, is anyone actually able to debate on here?

Sure, when will you be finished evangelizing, preaching and providing us your homophobic bigotry?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:54:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
God and His word and obeying it will always be MORE important than man's agenda.

Sorry, I do not compromise, to please man, or even myself!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 1:57:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 1:54:44 PM, MsTambo wrote:
God and His word and obeying it will always be MORE important than man's agenda.

Sorry, I do not compromise, to please man, or even myself!

LOL. Funny how you say that and then demand intellectual debate. Could you possibly be more hypocritical?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 2:18:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 2:02:41 PM, MsTambo wrote:
See, you did it again....*Shakes Head*

Pointed out religious insanity? Yes, I know.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 2:46:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 12:55:16 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Men die because they sin. If one was perfect they would not then die. The very fact that Jesus Christ rose from the dead (this is a historical fact)

No, it is not a fact. It is a story. Jesus was not even a historical figure. I will debate this when I get back from vacation if you want.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:10:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Hmmmm, might want to debate this guy, I don't have time.

http://coldcasechristianity.com...
Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the BibleThe reliable Gospel eyewitness accounts aren"t the only ancient description of Jesus. There are also non-Christian descriptions of Jesus from the late 1st to 5th Century. What do the non-Biblical accounts say about Jesus and how are we to assess them? It"s been my experience that two people can examine the same event (or even the same historical character) and disagree about what they have seen. Many years ago President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, and the entire event was captured on video tape. There were hundreds of eyewitnesses. The tapes were watched over and over again. Yet, in the midst of such a robust eyewitness record, people still argue to this day about what they saw and what actually happened. Was it a lone shooter or an elaborate conspiracy? Something very similar occurred when the World Trade Center was attacked by terrorists. Most of us either saw the attack live on television or watched the video for months afterward. But the event is still interpreted in a variety of ways. Was this the act of international terrorists or an elaborate governmental conspiracy? Two well documented historical events with a rich set of evidences. In spite of this, both events have been interpreted in a variety of ways. It shouldn"t surprise us then to find the historical records of Jesus Christ might also experience the same type of scrutiny and diverse interpretation. Did Jesus truly live, minister, died and rise from the grave as the Gospels record or was it an elaborate conspiracy? One thing we know about the Kennedy assassination and the World Trade Center attack: regardless of interpretation, there were eyewitnesses to the events, and the events did truly occur. In a similar manner, the ancient evidence related to Jesus reveals there were eyewitnesses and e did He did exist in history. Is there any evidence for Jesus outside the Bible? Yes, and the ancient non-Christian interpretations (and critical commentaries) of the Gospel accounts serve to strengthen the core claims of the New Testament.
Hostile Non-Biblical Pagan Accounts
There are a number of ancient classical accounts of Jesus from pagan, non-Christian sources. These accounts are generally hostile to Christianity; some ancient authors denied the miraculous nature of Jesus and the events surrounding His life:
Thallus (52AD)
Thallus is perhaps the earliest secular writer to mention Jesus and he is so ancient his writings don"t even exist anymore. But Julius Africanus, writing around 221AD does quote Thallus who previously tried to explain away the darkness occurring at Jesus" crucifixion:
"On the whole world there pressed a most fearful darkness; and the rocks were rent by an earthquake, and many places in Judea and other districts were thrown down. This darkness Thallus, in the third book of his History, calls, as appears to me without reason, an eclipse of the sun." (Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18:1)
If only more of Thallus" record could be found, we might find more confirmation of Jesus" crucifixion. But there are some things we can conclude from this account: Jesus lived, He was crucified, and there was an earthquake and darkness at the point of His crucifixion.
Tacitus (56-120AD)
Cornelius Tacitus was known for his analysis and examination of historical documents and is among the most trusted of ancient historians. He was a senator under Emperor Vespasian and was also proconsul of Asia. In his "Annals" of 116AD, he describes Emperor Nero"s response to the great fire in Rome and Nero"s claim that the Christians were to blame:
"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular."
In this account, Tacitus confirms several historical elements of the Biblical narrative: Jesus lived in Judea, was crucified under Pontius Pilate, and had followers who were persecuted for their faith in Christ.
Mara Bar-Serapion (70AD)
Sometime after 70AD, a Syrian philosopher named Mara Bar-Serapion, writing to encourage his son, compared the life and persecution of Jesus with that of other philosophers who were persecuted for their ideas. The fact Jesus is known to be a real person with this kind of influence is important. Mara Bar-Serapion refers to Jesus as the "Wise King":
"What benefit did the Athenians obtain by putting Socrates to death? Famine and plague came upon them as judgment for their crime. Or, the people of Samos for burning Pythagoras? In one moment their country was covered with sand. Or the Jews by murdering their wise king?"After that their kingdom was abolished. God rightly avenged these men"The wise king"Lived on in the teachings he enacted."
From this account, we can add to our understanding of Jesus: He was a wise and influential man who died for His beliefs. The Jewish leadership was somehow responsible for Jesus" death. Jesus" followers adopted His beliefs and lived their lives accordingly.
Phlegon (80-140AD)
In a manner similar to Thallus, Julius Africanus also mentions a historian named Phlegon who wrote a chronicle of history around 140AD. In this history, Phlegon also mentions the darkness surrounding the crucifixion in an effort to explain it:
"Phlegon records that, in the time of Tiberius Caesar, at full moon, there was a full eclipse of the sun from the sixth to the ninth hour." (Africanus, Chronography, 18:1)
Phlegon is also mentioned by Origen (an early church theologian and scholar, born in Alexandria):
"Now Phlegon, in the thirteenth or fourteenth book, I think, of his Chronicles, not only ascribed to Jesus a knowledge of future events . . . but also testified that the result corresponded to His predictions." (Origen Against Celsus, Book 2, Chapter 14)
"And with regard to the eclipse in the time of Tiberius Caesar, in whose reign Jesus appears to have been crucified, and the great earthquakes which then took place " " (Origen Against Celsus, Book 2, Chapter 33)
"Jesus, while alive, was of no assistance to himself, but that he arose after death, and exhibited the marks of his punishment, and showed how his hands had been pierced by nails." (Origen Against Celsus, Book 2, Chapter 59)
From these accounts, we can add something to our understanding: Jesus had the ability to accurately predict the future, was crucified under the reign of Tiberius Caesar and demonstrated His wounds after he was resurrected.
Pliny the Younger (61-113AD)
Early Christians were also described in early, non-Christian history. Pliny the Younger, in a letter to the Roman emperor Trajan, describes the lifestyles of early Christians:
"They (the Christians) were in the habit of meeting on a certain fixed day before it was light, when they sang in alternate verses a hymn to Christ, as to a god, and bound themselves by a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft or adultery, never to falsify their word, nor deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up; after which it was their custom to separate, and then reassemble to partake of food"but food of an ordinary and innocent kind."
This early description of the first Christians documents several facts: the first Christians believed Jesus was GOD, the first Christians upheld a high moral code, and these early fol
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:16:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 3:10:09 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Hmmmm, might want to debate this guy, I don't have time.

Not going to address all that crap here (space stuff out next time). I will debate you on if there is any reliable evidence for Jesus existing.

Also, I recommend that you read Richard Carrier's book "On the Historicity of Jesus". It is peer-reviewed and supports that Jesus is a myth. While there are a couple points he could improve on, it is still a good book on the subject.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:21:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
When one KNOWS THE TRUTH, they do not need to seek answer in the LIES.

Do you know how banks use to tell (nowadays it is much harder) a REAL BILL from a counterfeit?

They were taught to study the real bills so well, that when a counterfeit crossed their path, they KNEW RIGHT AWAY, it was fake.

I suggest you do the same...;)
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:27:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 1:16:39 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Whoops, I have to confess, that wasn't the one I wrote about, but I do agree with the AUTHORS premise...because it is biblical.

I think, I had added it to the one I had written, which I do not need to add.

To bad there isn't a way to edit stuff after it is posted? Or is there?

Btw, is anyone actually able to debate on here?

Amazing...*Shakes Head*

Sure, I'll debate you. Your definition of a religion is fallacious and that's the only reason you could possibly make the outrageous claim that Christianity isn't a religion. It most certainly is a religion, it fits the actual accepted definitions of a religion, and it's polytheism. If you're ever going to actually learn anything you're going to have to understand that learning isn't just memorization and regurgitation. You have to actually apply cognition to the information you're memorizing. That's a step you're not taking.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:37:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
RELIGION=DO:
ALL religions are based on DO's and DON'T. Meaning, one has to do or don't do something to earn favor with God or their eternal destination.

CHRISTIANITY=DONE:
JESUS paid it all, He said, Himself, "IT IS FINISHED" when He took our sins on the cross.
There is nothing man can do to merit eternal life, but BELIEVE/FAITH/COMMIT/YIELD/SUBMIT, to His Lordship!

Eph 2:8-9, "For by GRACE you have been saved through FAITH, it is a GIFT of God, not of WORKS, least any man shall boast"

There is only 1 way to heaven...all others are climbing a short rope, a short ladder, wishful thinking etc.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:41:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 1:16:39 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Btw, is anyone actually able to debate on here?

Yes, I do quite well at debates. Maybe you can accept my debate challenge to you. If you do not, then why should I believe you can debate?

What this looks like, right now, is that you have just discovered apologetics and are preaching the arguments you have heard without knowing anything about them.

I might be wrong, but that is what it looks like.

So, accept this debate challenge for the first debate that we will have:
http://www.debate.org...

Afterwards, we can debate if the Christian god exists.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,566
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:42:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 3:10:09 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Hmmmm, might want to debate this guy, I don't have time.

Ah, so you admit to lying when you say you are looking for debate?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:45:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I already presented my PROOF, not my fault you ignored it.

The bible (GODS WORD) says, "to NOT throw your pearls before swine" to be trampled upon.

I have better things to do with my time...don't you?

My writings, like I said, are for those who HEAR....:)
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 3:45:01 PM, MsTambo wrote:
I already presented my PROOF, not my fault you ignored it.

The bible (GODS WORD) says, "to NOT throw your pearls before swine" to be trampled upon.

Provide evidence that the bible is "gods word"
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 3:52:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 3:42:47 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 12/31/2014 3:10:09 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Hmmmm, might want to debate this guy, I don't have time.

Ah, so you admit to lying when you say you are looking for debate?

Look at what he is saying and how it is being said. I have a feeling that he has no intention on discussing anything, debating anything. I have a feeling that all that he will do is preach.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MsTambo
Posts: 202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
No, your problem is that proof and evidence was presented and all you and others who are ignorant come back with are...put downs...spins and twist...straw man....lies...etc. BUT NOTHING TO BACK UP YOUR STANCE.

Prove God doesn't exist and that the bible ISN'T His word?

See, how it works?

Your worldly, ungodly schools didn't teach you anything of substance...so sad...:(
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:14:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM, MsTambo wrote:

Accept my debate or admit that you are full of yourself.

You keep making assertions, committing many fallacies, I am even calling ad nauseam at this point.

If you actually can back your claims up, then show it. Accept my debate challenge. If not, then it just further shows that you have no place here (a site of discussion and debate).
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:18:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM, MsTambo wrote:
No, your problem is that proof and evidence was presented and all you and others who are ignorant come back with are...put downs...spins and twist...straw man....lies...etc. BUT NOTHING TO BACK UP YOUR STANCE.
The entire origin of the Bible backs up my stance. God wasn't involved in any of it. It was men, nothing but men, and the men couldn't even agree! How is that God's word?

Prove God doesn't exist and that the bible ISN'T His word?
Hush, silly. When you can "PROVE" that fairies, Leprechauns, mermaids and unicorns don't exist, then you can offer challenges to "prove" that God doesn't exist. If you can't prove that there isn't a cobra in my car, does that mean that there is? Don't be ridiculous.

See, how it works?
Yes, I see how it works. You try to hide behind challenges which do nothing but demonstrate that you apparently have no concept of what the idea of "proof" suggests, what it requires, and what it can and cannot conclude.

Your worldly, ungodly schools didn't teach you anything of substance...so sad...:(
And you've demonstrated nothing to suggest that your schools have taught you how to apply reason. Don't just IGNORE the origin of the Bible. ADDRESS IT! And if you can't, then don't run around suggesting that others here can't debate.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:20:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:14:34 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM, MsTambo wrote:

Accept my debate or admit that you are full of yourself.

You keep making assertions, committing many fallacies, I am even calling ad nauseam at this point.

If you actually can back your claims up, then show it. Accept my debate challenge. If not, then it just further shows that you have no place here (a site of discussion and debate).

Actually the illogical fallacy argument Ms (whatever) is using is called "ad ignoratum": asking the opposition to prove them wrong.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:22:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:20:30 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:14:34 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM, MsTambo wrote:

Accept my debate or admit that you are full of yourself.

You keep making assertions, committing many fallacies, I am even calling ad nauseam at this point.

If you actually can back your claims up, then show it. Accept my debate challenge. If not, then it just further shows that you have no place here (a site of discussion and debate).

Actually the illogical fallacy argument Ms (whatever) is using is called "ad ignoratum": asking the opposition to prove them wrong.

Yes, that is also one of the logical fallacies being used. But (s)he is also repeating his/her assertions over and over again, hoping that it will make it right (which is ad nauseam)
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:27:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:22:58 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:20:30 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:14:34 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM, MsTambo wrote:

Accept my debate or admit that you are full of yourself.

You keep making assertions, committing many fallacies, I am even calling ad nauseam at this point.

If you actually can back your claims up, then show it. Accept my debate challenge. If not, then it just further shows that you have no place here (a site of discussion and debate).

Actually the illogical fallacy argument Ms (whatever) is using is called "ad ignoratum": asking the opposition to prove them wrong.

Yes, that is also one of the logical fallacies being used. But (s)he is also repeating his/her assertions over and over again, hoping that it will make it right (which is ad nauseam)

You are correct. He / she uses a multitude of fallacies.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:29:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:27:19 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:22:58 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:20:30 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:14:34 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM, MsTambo wrote:

Accept my debate or admit that you are full of yourself.

You keep making assertions, committing many fallacies, I am even calling ad nauseam at this point.

If you actually can back your claims up, then show it. Accept my debate challenge. If not, then it just further shows that you have no place here (a site of discussion and debate).

Actually the illogical fallacy argument Ms (whatever) is using is called "ad ignoratum": asking the opposition to prove them wrong.

Yes, that is also one of the logical fallacies being used. But (s)he is also repeating his/her assertions over and over again, hoping that it will make it right (which is ad nauseam)



You are correct. He / she uses a multitude of fallacies.

I have challenged him/her to a debate (which he/she would have an advantage since I am kinda busy right now), but he/she still has not accepted.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,083
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 4:47:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 3:37:15 PM, MsTambo wrote:
RELIGION=DO:
ALL religions are based on DO's and DON'T. Meaning, one has to do or don't do something to earn favor with God or their eternal destination.

CHRISTIANITY=DONE:
JESUS paid it all, He said, Himself, "IT IS FINISHED" when He took our sins on the cross.
There is nothing man can do to merit eternal life, but BELIEVE/FAITH/COMMIT/YIELD/SUBMIT, to His Lordship!

Eph 2:8-9, "For by GRACE you have been saved through FAITH, it is a GIFT of God, not of WORKS, least any man shall boast"

There is only 1 way to heaven...all others are climbing a short rope, a short ladder, wishful thinking etc.

What definition are you using for religion? Here is one that I find reasonable.

Religion:
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Christianity fits this definition.

Secondly, there is a "do" in Christianity. It is necessary to believe in Jesus and accept his gift, no? If I "do" not believe or accept, then I will not have eternal life, correct?

By the normal definition of religion, and by your own made up version, Christianity is a religion.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 5:34:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 3:37:15 PM, MsTambo wrote:
RELIGION=DO:
ALL religions are based on DO's and DON'T. Meaning, one has to do or don't do something to earn favor with God or their eternal destination.

CHRISTIANITY=DONE:
JESUS paid it all, He said, Himself, "IT IS FINISHED" when He took our sins on the cross.
There is nothing man can do to merit eternal life, but BELIEVE/FAITH/COMMIT/YIELD/SUBMIT, to His Lordship!

Eph 2:8-9, "For by GRACE you have been saved through FAITH, it is a GIFT of God, not of WORKS, least any man shall boast"

There is only 1 way to heaven...all others are climbing a short rope, a short ladder, wishful thinking etc.

The bible is full of do's and don'ts. There are some 161 mosaic laws God commanded the Jews to keep. BTW Christianity is the most pagan of religions. It believes in a God who is jealous and genocidal. Who destroyed the world and then reintroduced human sacrifice by offering Jesus as a sacrificial lamb. And then there is magic disguised as miracles..
This is why Santa easily replaces Jesus during Christmas.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2014 5:48:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 12/31/2014 4:02:47 PM, MsTambo wrote:
No, your problem is that proof and evidence was presented and all you and others who are ignorant come back with are...put downs...spins and twist...straw man....lies...etc. BUT NOTHING TO BACK UP YOUR STANCE.

Prove God doesn't exist and that the bible ISN'T His word?

See, how it works?

Your worldly, ungodly schools didn't teach you anything of substance...so sad...:(

How can the bible be the word of God? There isn't enough science in the bible to pass a grade 6 science test. There isn't enough math in the bible to qualify God as math or science literate. If there is a God it cannot be the God of the Bible who is portrayed as a bumbling homicidal maniac obsessed with the Jews. The Jews had no choice but to crucify him when they got the chance. Notice the world has become a safer place for over 2000 years.