Jump to topic:

You Can Not Loose Your Salvation.

Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 10:46:13 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Once a person trusts Christ for salvation, the Holy Spirit is sealed within him or her. In Paul's letter to the Ephesians he spoke of being sealed with the Holy Spirit upon accepting Christ. "... after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise," Ephesians 1:13. God's Holy Spirit is sealed within us at the very moment we truly believe. Paul also wrote about this to the believers in Corinth. "Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts," 2 Corinthians 1:21-22. Faith in Christ seals our destiny. The born again believer in Christ need have no fear of spending eternity in the lake of fire. We who are born again receive much comfort from these verses. God "stablisheth" us when we become born from above. The word translated "stablisheth" is the Greek word "bebaioo" which means: to make firm, to establish, confirm, to make sure. This is done through God's power, not ours. Outside of God we have no power, no firm foundation, and no hope. It is our choice whether to accept Christ as our Saviour, but rejection of Him will only bring eternal torment.

If a person chooses to reject Christ they have chosen to spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. There are many reasons a person may reject God. Some blame God for things that have happened to them, but the evils of this world come from Satan. In rejecting God they have to believe He exists, but that is not faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Some people believe in god, but not God. Allah is god (satanic and evil) and cannot do anything except lead his followers into the Lake of Fire. Mormons believe in someone they call Jesus, but he is another false god that leads to the Lake of Fire. Many people expect that being a "good person" by human standards or religious works to be enough to meet the criteria to avoid the lake of fire, but good works will not save you, only faith in Jesus Christ. Those who choose to reject God's free gift of salvation are destined to everlasting damnation in the lake of fire. It is an individual choice. "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be foregiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Matthew 12:30-32. There is no middle ground. Either you admit that you are a sinner in need of a Saviour and accept Jesus Christ, or you have rejected Him. It is a choice each person has to make for themselves.

Thank God that we have a choice in where we will spend eternity. Once we are born from above (have said yes to Jesus) our choice is sealed. We can't back out of that choice once we've made it, and who would want to? We are held safe in God's hands; He keeps us and sanctifies us, never to be lost again. You see, God doesn't wish that any should parish but that all should come to repentance. Once we are in His hands we are forever in His hands. "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." John 10:28-30. You may be way out of fellowship and missing out on the joy of your salvation, but if you have accepted Christ as your Saviour you will avoid the Lake of Fire. You can have a more fulfilling life if you fully surrender to Him and strive to be like Him. You will earn eternal rewards if you live for Him, but your salvation is secure once you sincerely believe in Him. Being born from above brings new responsibilities. We need to study God's word and conform to it. We need to tell others about the Gospel. There needs to be a change in our life and attitude because we are no longer the same person as we once were. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 11:43:42 AM
At 1/1/2015 10:46:13 AM, Rant wrote:
Many people expect that being a "good person" by human standards or religious works to be enough to meet the criteria to avoid the lake of fire, but good works will not save you, only faith in Jesus Christ.

Thank you for providing one of the main reasons to reject Christianity. It would appear it is much more important to stroke the ego of God than to be a good person.

Does the word, "Sycophant" ring a bell here?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 12:02:39 PM
Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 12:05:50 PM
Once a person trusts Christ for salvation, the Holy Spirit is sealed within him or her. In Paul's letter to the Ephesians he spoke of being sealed with the Holy Spirit upon accepting Christ. "... after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise," Ephesians 1:13. God's Holy Spirit is sealed within us at the very moment we truly believe. Paul also wrote about this to the believers in Corinth. "Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts," 2 Corinthians 1:21-22. Faith in Christ seals our destiny. The born again believer in Christ need have no fear of spending eternity in the lake of fire. We who are born again receive much comfort from these verses. God "stablisheth" us when we become born from above. The word translated "stablisheth" is the Greek word "bebaioo" which means: to make firm, to establish, confirm, to make sure. This is done through God's power, not ours. Outside of God we have no power, no firm foundation, and no hope. It is our choice whether to accept Christ as our Saviour, but rejection of Him will only bring eternal torment.

If a person chooses to reject Christ they have chosen to spend eternity in the Lake of Fire. There are many reasons a person may reject God. Some blame God for things that have happened to them, but the evils of this world come from Satan. In rejecting God they have to believe He exists, but that is not faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Some people believe in god, but not God. Allah is god (satanic and evil) and cannot do anything except lead his followers into the Lake of Fire. Mormons believe in someone they call Jesus, but he is another false god that leads to the Lake of Fire. Many people expect that being a "good person" by human standards or religious works to be enough to meet the criteria to avoid the lake of fire, but good works will not save you, only faith in Jesus Christ. Those who choose to reject God's free gift of salvation are destined to everlasting damnation in the lake of fire. It is an individual choice. "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be foregiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Matthew 12:30-32. There is no middle ground. Either you admit that you are a sinner in need of a Saviour and accept Jesus Christ, or you have rejected Him. It is a choice each person has to make for themselves.

Thank God that we have a choice in where we will spend eternity. Once we are born from above (have said yes to Jesus) our choice is sealed. We can't back out of that choice once we've made it, and who would want to? We are held safe in God's hands; He keeps us and sanctifies us, never to be lost again. You see, God doesn't wish that any should parish but that all should come to repentance. Once we are in His hands we are forever in His hands. "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." John 10:28-30. You may be way out of fellowship and missing out on the joy of your salvation, but if you have accepted Christ as your Saviour you will avoid the Lake of Fire. You can have a more fulfilling life if you fully surrender to Him and strive to be like Him. You will earn eternal rewards if you live for Him, but your salvation is secure once you sincerely believe in Him. Being born from above brings new responsibilities. We need to study God's word and conform to it. We need to tell others about the Gospel. There needs to be a change in our life and attitude because we are no longer the same person as we once were. "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17.
The Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) topic is controversial, and at times contentious. I myself do believe that once a person is born into God's kingdom, they are sealed for eternity (cannot lose their salvation).

In reality, every Christian believes in OSAS. That is, once a believer is allowed into Heaven, they are sealed for eternity. Every Christian at least believes OSAS from that point on (unless they think a Christian can be cast out at some point in similar fashion to Satan and his followers). I just happen to believe that this ultimate sealing happens, and is just as strong and sure when a believer is sealed while living in their human frame on Earth.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 12:13:10 PM
Sealed by God

The Bible also says believers are sealed by God for redemption:
"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. (2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, (Ephesians 1:13)
"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)
"Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." (2 Timothy 2:19)

To the eternal security skeptic: Please cite one verse in the Bible where God unseals a believer.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 12:20:05 PM
We live in a very special time {THE TIME OF GRACE} And God seals his Bride, It did not happen in the old testament and after the bride of Christ is gone the holy ghost will not seal , in the time of Jacobs troubles.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 12:25:10 PM
The holy Ghost will only seal the 144,000 that will preach the gospel in the tribulation .
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 1:13:31 PM
I've always taken issue with the OSAS position, but not so much the the OSAS, but with what "saved" means under it. Once you have taken Jesus into your heart as your savior, you are always saved, but I see so many that say "I'm saved, so I can do whatever I want now." To those, I question if they have truly accepted Jesus into their hearts to question if they are truly saved.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 1:34:26 PM
Its very interesting how the world looks at the bride of Christ and those of the cult Christian religions. If you are sealed by the holy ghost you should not sin!. in the bible it says there was only on person that was not of sin and that was Jesus God. That is why Jesus went to the cross!!!!!!!!!!!! The blood of the lamb covers your sins ! you will never be without sin in this world but as a Bride we look to Jesus God as our help.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2015 1:42:35 PM
Return of the Prodigal Son
Luke 15:11-32

1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.

13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.

14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.

15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.

16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.

17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!

18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,

19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.

20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.

22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:

23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:

24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 2:30:38 AM

ALL God's Christians are liars because they don't understand that God has already planned for ALL His people ( Remnant of Israel, Jacob ) to live forever. There are many prophecies that show ALL His created people will live forever in Paradise.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 3:29:40 AM
You cannot gain salvation through extortion. And once you understand that Christian doctrine insists that God created Hell, created you, and created the rules which would place you in eternal torment, then the claim of salvation becomes God saving you from himself. That's not salvation. It's extortion. And it's all just a tangled ridiculous story. There isn't a shred of cause to believe any of it.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 3:45:39 AM
At 1/1/2015 1:34:26 PM, Rant wrote:
Its very interesting how the world looks at the bride of Christ and those of the cult Christian religions. If you are sealed by the holy ghost you should not sin!. in the bible it says there was only on person that was not of sin and that was Jesus God. That is why Jesus went to the cross!!!!!!!!!!!! The blood of the lamb covers your sins ! you will never be without sin in this world but as a Bride we look to Jesus God as our help.

Human sacrifice is the thing that makes you happiest.
Think about that for a moment.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2015 3:58:17 AM
At 1/2/2015 3:45:39 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/1/2015 1:34:26 PM, Rant wrote:

Human sacrifice is the thing that makes you happiest.
Think about that for a moment.

Primitive man had no better way to present the pretense of a fearful powerful God. Of all of the sacrifices made to God, he never rejected a single one until Jesus (that's the Christian scuttlebutt, anyway). And yet, while the rejection of Jesus was supposed to (somehow) be a good thing, Christians themselves hope not to be rejected by God, yet consider themselves fortunate when they are medically resuscitated. Christianity is a very strange collection of illogical contradictions.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire