Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Why do you think .......?

lastrequest691
Posts: 339
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 10:11:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
People assume that this quote is negative= "Be careful what you wish for you just might get it all."

Q1. What is so negative about this quote ?
Q2. If somebody gets what he wishes then why is it bad ?

This website does not have any philosophical section so I posted it here on Religion section.
"That song was absolutely waste of talent; you sounded like a wounded animal and who told you to play the guitar by yourself." Simon Cowell
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2010 11:46:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/11/2010 10:11:57 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
People assume that this quote is negative= "Be careful what you wish for you just might get it all."

Q1. What is so negative about this quote ?
Q2. If somebody gets what he wishes then why is it bad ?

This website does not have any philosophical section so I posted it here on Religion section.

Take Mr Susan Boyle, you know the bloke that can't sing but is famous for singing a lot better than what you'd expect from a fat, retarded, ugly bit of chav scum. Well anyway, he was happy in his council house, with his cat, but he wanted to be a singer and famous. Since that happend the world has mocked him, he has been stalked, his house broken into, and keeps on veering dangerously close to a nervous breakdown.

Or the happy poor people who win the lottery, and having no other dreams, hobbies or aspirations, snort it, smoke it, and eat it, until they fall into poverty and depression.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/11/2010 10:11:57 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
People assume that this quote is negative= "Be careful what you wish for you just might get it all."

Q1. What is so negative about this quote ?
Q2. If somebody gets what he wishes then why is it bad ?

This website does not have any philosophical section so I posted it here on Religion section.

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 7:43:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/11/2010 10:11:57 PM, lastrequest691 wrote:
People assume that this quote is negative= "Be careful what you wish for you just might get it all."

Q1. What is so negative about this quote ?
Q2. If somebody gets what he wishes then why is it bad ?

This website does not have any philosophical section so I posted it here on Religion section.

I think you right to post philosophical stuff hear as opposed to sceince, its about perspective more than data, and thus about religion more than science

unless you claim to think your as wise as god, then whatever you think you want may in fact not be good for you. somepeople have thought they wanted drugs or even needed them, but its a fact that anyone hooked on that stuff needs to get off it and never touch drugs again.

also, I generally find that any kind of change is easy to talk about and say we want, but it very seriously looks like a radical change in my life may occur it can make me quite nervous.
Its easy to want to be in charge when you think no such think will ever happen. but then the day comes when its apperent you are in charge and it knocks you off your feet.

we dont always think through our wants. Jefar didnt think through what wishing to be an all powefull genie would entail.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Shominy
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.
Andrew27
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 11:50:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
has anyone seen the film bedazzled? or Bruce almighty? both of these deal with similar issue of being carefu what you wish for. This is because we cant see the bigger picture, I disagree with the majority of the post about Susan Boyle, except she didn't think about the consqunces of becoming famous. There are also ways reactions to every action, and you dont always no what they will be. Also once you have attained all your dreams, life becomes rather unfullfilling as you no longer have anything to aspire to.
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 11:51:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 11:50:03 AM, Andrew27 wrote:
Also once you have attained all your dreams, life becomes rather unfullfilling as you no longer have anything to aspire to.

That's why you come up with new things to aspire to. :D
Andrew27
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 12:31:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I suppose that right, lol often though when you get what you wanted you find it isn't actually what you thought it was. My mum often says about difference between a want and a need lol
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 12:33:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 12:31:20 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
I suppose that right, lol often though when you get what you wanted you find it isn't actually what you thought it was. My mum often says about difference between a want and a need lol

I think alot of people have a problem with telling the difference between a want and a need, lol. If they saw the starving people all over the world I think that could pretty much determine which things are needs rather than something stupid like a cellphone or a video game console.
Andrew27
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 1:16:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
i agree totally with that when the 225 richest people have the same money as 3 billion of the worlds poorest. maybe if what you were wishing for was an end to world poverty, or for mankinto be less selfish then getting your wish granted would be a good thing
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 1:19:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 1:16:35 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
i agree totally with that when the 225 richest people have the same money as 3 billion of the worlds poorest. maybe if what you were wishing for was an end to world poverty, or for mankinto be less selfish then getting your wish granted would be a good thing

People are selfish and I hate it. Materialism sucks too. Like most of my friends claim they "can't live without their cellphones". I just look at them and laugh.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 1:25:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 1:16:35 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
i agree totally with that when the 225 richest people have the same money as 3 billion of the worlds poorest. maybe if what you were wishing for was an end to world poverty, or for mankinto be less selfish then getting your wish granted would be a good thing

Source?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Andrew27
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 1:26:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Thats what living in a free market, capitalist society does for you! Whn the majority of the worlds population have to live with clean water, enough to eat, adeqate health care! our society is sick, we create a need where there doesn't need to be one, no wonder mental illness is on the rise, when people talk about going abroad twice year as a basic right!
Andrew27
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 1:32:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 1:16:35 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
i agree totally with that when the 225 richest people have the same money as 3 billion of the worlds poorest. maybe if what you were wishing for was an end to world poverty, or for mankinto be less selfish then getting your wish granted would be a good thing

Source?

I read it in what god wants by Neale Donald walsch, he hasn't actually referenced it but most of his other come from world bank, un etc but it does sound right when you think what GDP of most dveloping nations are then think or the personal wealth of the richest few
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 1:40:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 1:32:34 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
At 6/12/2010 1:16:35 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
i agree totally with that when the 225 richest people have the same money as 3 billion of the worlds poorest. maybe if what you were wishing for was an end to world poverty, or for mankinto be less selfish then getting your wish granted would be a good thing


Source?

I read it in what god wants by Neale Donald walsch, he hasn't actually referenced it but most of his other come from world bank, un etc but it does sound right when you think what GDP of most dveloping nations are then think or the personal wealth of the richest few

"The world's 225 richest individuals, of whom 60 are Americans, have a combined wealth of over $1 trillion--equal to the annual income of the poorest 47% of the entire world's population." - http://www.countdown.org...

Not exactly 3 billion.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Andrew27
Posts: 155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 1:47:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
lol well thanks for doing that research for me lol, the book was published in 2005 so maybe a it was before banking crisis was 3 billion. Anyhow it is still disgusting that there are people with that level of wealth where as there are people living in terribe poverty
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:37:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/12/2010 11:51:58 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/12/2010 11:50:03 AM, Andrew27 wrote:
Also once you have attained all your dreams, life becomes rather unfullfilling as you no longer have anything to aspire to.

That's why you come up with new things to aspire to. :D

Some people are not intelligent enough to do so.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:43:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?

Type science or better yet scientific method into a search engine, read, educate yourself.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:44:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 3:43:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?

Type science or better yet scientific method into a search engine, read, educate yourself.

Won't don't you try? here and now?

Because you don't have an argument, that's why.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:49:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 3:44:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:43:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?

Type science or better yet scientific method into a search engine, read, educate yourself.

Won't don't you try? here and now?

Because you don't have an argument, that's why.

http://www.bing.com...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:52:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 3:49:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:44:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:43:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?

Type science or better yet scientific method into a search engine, read, educate yourself.

Won't don't you try? here and now?

Because you don't have an argument, that's why.

http://www.bing.com...

No, YOU here and now; show me that YOU understand.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:57:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 3:52:36 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:49:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:44:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:43:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?

Type science or better yet scientific method into a search engine, read, educate yourself.

Won't don't you try? here and now?

Because you don't have an argument, that's why.

http://www.bing.com...

No, YOU here and now; show me that YOU understand.

Sure, just tell me what part is too complicated for you and I will try to dumb myself down far enough to give a reply you might understand.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 4:01:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 3:57:27 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:52:36 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:49:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:44:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:43:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?

Type science or better yet scientific method into a search engine, read, educate yourself.

Won't don't you try? here and now?

Because you don't have an argument, that's why.

http://www.bing.com...

No, YOU here and now; show me that YOU understand.

Sure, just tell me what part is too complicated for you and I will try to dumb myself down far enough to give a reply you might understand.

Evasive as ever eh?

You DO actually understand it?
Your NOT just bluffing right?
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 4:07:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 4:01:43 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:57:27 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:52:36 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:49:46 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:44:56 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:43:24 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:41:54 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 3:38:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/14/2010 2:47:59 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/12/2010 8:49:50 AM, Shominy wrote:
At 6/12/2010 3:12:34 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Philosophy is a science; down the corridor and third dood on the right; science forum.

Toodle pip.

Actually, Science (or "Natural Philosophy") is a subset of Philosophy, not the other way around.

No, it's not.
Philosophy is always science bit science is NOT always philosophy.

Science: ' To know'.
Philosophy: ' The love of knowledge'.

Science is philosophy, you fail, please get an education.

So genetics, embriology, carbon dating etc etc etc etc is philosophy?

Type science or better yet scientific method into a search engine, read, educate yourself.

Won't don't you try? here and now?

Because you don't have an argument, that's why.

http://www.bing.com...

No, YOU here and now; show me that YOU understand.

Sure, just tell me what part is too complicated for you and I will try to dumb myself down far enough to give a reply you might understand.

Evasive as ever eh?

You DO actually understand it?
Your NOT just bluffing right?

Yes I understand the scientific method and how it is clearly philosophy.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
DATCMOTO
Posts: 6,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 2:17:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/14/2010 4:07:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Evasive as ever eh?

You DO actually understand it?
Your NOT just bluffing right?

Yes I understand the scientific method and how it is clearly philosophy.

OK, so explain to me how palaeontology is philosophy.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 4:54:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 6/15/2010 2:17:29 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 4:07:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Evasive as ever eh?

You DO actually understand it?
Your NOT just bluffing right?

Yes I understand the scientific method and how it is clearly philosophy.

OK, so explain to me how palaeontology is philosophy.

We have already had this part of the conversation, you will either learn or offer something new, I am not interested in repeating the same thing to you again and again.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.