Total Posts:185|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Spirit - what is it?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 8:19:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
There is an intangible part to us, the spirit that powers us, and since that spirit comes from God, God, and all spirit creatures, can communicate with us through it.

That, unfortunately for us, includes Satan.

As Paul said at Romans 8:16
ASV(i) 16 The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:

Spirit is not a sentient being, it is a form of energy, part of God's very sub stance, and of those he created from it, as he created everything from it. Hence our spirit could, if he wished, be used by God to influence, even control every part of us.

That is why holy spirit is such an "energising" thing to those of us who get it, but in a much more peaceful way than Satan's spirit works on us.

When we are connected to God and h8is spirit beings through spirit we show the fruits of teh spirit, and teh extent to which we show them denotes how strongly connected we are.

Galatians 5:22-23
ASV(i) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

That is because these things reflect God's personality in us.

The fruitage of Satan's spirit is the exact opposite, and again the strength to which it shows reveals that amount of influence his spirit is having on our minds.

That is one way that, with practice, one can recognise who is influence and to what extent, by either God or Christ.

Without the spirit which God gives us on conception, through the spirit of our parents, we could not live, and it is the one link between us and the world which God inhabits, the spirit realm.

You can choose to think of the spirit realm, which we call heaven, as another dimension, or a parallel universe if you like. Whatever you see it as, it is another realm completely, inaccessible to physical humans, but with which we are constantly and irrevocably connected through our own spirit.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 8:33:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 8:21:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
Good whisky or bad whisky or any other distilled liquor.

Figured you'd come up with something like that, lol.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 8:41:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 8:33:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/3/2015 8:21:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
Good whisky or bad whisky or any other distilled liquor.

Figured you'd come up with something like that, lol.

I always comeup with the truth. I only do it because I know how afraid of the truth you are.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 8:56:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 8:41:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/3/2015 8:33:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/3/2015 8:21:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
Good whisky or bad whisky or any other distilled liquor.

Figured you'd come up with something like that, lol.

I always comeup with the truth. I only do it because I know how afraid of the truth you are.

You come up with what you believe, when you feel like it, but we all know that you do not always tell the truth, unlike me.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 9:05:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 8:56:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/3/2015 8:41:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/3/2015 8:33:42 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/3/2015 8:21:48 AM, bulproof wrote:
Good whisky or bad whisky or any other distilled liquor.

Figured you'd come up with something like that, lol.

I always comeup with the truth. I only do it because I know how afraid of the truth you are.

You come up with what you believe, when you feel like it, but we all know that you do not always tell the truth, unlike me.

This is what you CLAIM is truth:
**************************Hanging=Falling over and spilling your guts out.************************
Good luck with believing you tell the truth everybody knows it's a lie.
Go ahead and tell us that you are the only sane person in your asylum.
uncung
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 9:10:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Spirits are His creature. So it is totally wrong by saying God is a spirit since spirit is created.
All of us belong to a spirit inside.
Our spirits already existed before we going to exist in this world.
And when we die our spirits will go to purgatory dimension, they await till judgement day.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 9:18:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 9:10:58 AM, uncung wrote:
Spirits are His creature. So it is totally wrong by saying God is a spirit since spirit is created.
All of us belong to a spirit inside.
Our spirits already existed before we going to exist in this world.
And when we die our spirits will go to purgatory dimension, they await till judgement day.

Not if they are created from his own substance.
uncung
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 9:30:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not if they are created from his own substance.

Then spirits belong to the great power like God's? What can they do?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 10:54:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 9:30:17 AM, uncung wrote:
Not if they are created from his own substance.

Then spirits belong to the great power like God's? What can they do?

God can use his spirit for everything that he needs doing, from cearint the smallest particle to the most powerful sun. Satan's use of spirit has been restricted somewhat.
SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 1:10:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 8:19:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There is an intangible part to us,

Pure assertion.

the spirit that powers us,

Define spirit, then show evidence that it exists.

and since that spirit comes from God,

Pure assertion, also presupposes that there is a god.

God, and all spirit creatures, can communicate with us through it.

Pure assertion, presupposes beings of spirit exist.

That, unfortunately for us, includes Satan.

Pure assertion, presupposes Satan exists.

Spirit is not a sentient being, it is a form of energy,

Then we should be able to test for it. Where is your scientific evidence for "spirit"?

part of God's very sub stance,

Again, pure assertion.

Too many assertions without evidence, too many presuppositions that are unsupported.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 1:52:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 1:10:04 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/3/2015 8:19:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There is an intangible part to us,

Pure assertion.

the spirit that powers us,

Define spirit, then show evidence that it exists.

and since that spirit comes from God,

Pure assertion, also presupposes that there is a god.

God, and all spirit creatures, can communicate with us through it.

Pure assertion, presupposes beings of spirit exist.

That, unfortunately for us, includes Satan.

Pure assertion, presupposes Satan exists.

Spirit is not a sentient being, it is a form of energy,

Then we should be able to test for it. Where is your scientific evidence for "spirit"?

part of God's very sub stance,

Again, pure assertion.

Too many assertions without evidence, too many presuppositions that are unsupported.

Hard to ignore his exitence when the evidence of his influence is all around us, every day.

Oh I can support then but evidently in anyway you would accept, or would enter your mind, which is already closed in that sense.
SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 1:55:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 1:52:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Hard to ignore his exitence when the evidence of his influence is all around us, every day.

Okay, give your best 3 pieces of evidence for the existence of god.

Oh I can support then but evidently in anyway you would accept, or would enter your mind, which is already closed in that sense.

I am open to the possibility of a god existing, but I find every arguemtn for a god laughably weak.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
uncung
Posts: 3,467
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 2:42:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
God can use his spirit for everything that he needs doing, from cearint the smallest particle to the most powerful sun. Satan's use of spirit has been restricted somewhat.

Who restricts the spirit of satans?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:14:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 2:42:22 PM, uncung wrote:
God can use his spirit for everything that he needs doing, from cearint the smallest particle to the most powerful sun. Satan's use of spirit has been restricted somewhat.

Who restricts the spirit of satans?

God does. After all, all spirit is his in the end, so he controls who has how much of it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:20:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If the spirit of a man has no existence apart from the body, why does Stephen just before his death in Acts 7:59, pray to Jesus to "receive my spirit"? How could Jesus, who was in heaven, receive Stephen's spirit if a man's spirit ceases to exist when the body dies and if no one could enter heaven until the year 1914? Similarly, if the soul ceases to exist after the death of the body, why does Paul say that he would rather be "absent from the body" so he could go make his "home with the Lord" (2Cor 5:8), and why would he say that he would rather depart from this life so that he could go be with Christ (Phil 1:23)? How could Paul be "with Christ" and make his "home with the Lord" if no one could enter heaven until 1914?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:26:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 2:42:22 PM, uncung wrote:
God can use his spirit for everything that he needs doing, from cearint the smallest particle to the most powerful sun. Satan's use of spirit has been restricted somewhat.

Who restricts the spirit of satans?

Jehovah's Witnesses think they do
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:29:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 1:55:00 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/3/2015 1:52:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Hard to ignore his exitence when the evidence of his influence is all around us, every day.

Okay, give your best 3 pieces of evidence for the existence of god.


1) The accuracy of the order of creation in Genesis1, despite the incorrect translation of v14 which tried to tell you that the sun and moon were created twice, it still contains scientifically proven facts about the order things were brought into existence.

And before you say it, the word "day" has a number of meanings, on of which aplies quite rightly to the preparation of teh earth for life.

2) The fact that about 1900 years ago, he had the Apstle John preditc that in thie time of the end we wuld be well along the road to self destruction, as we are, and beyond the point of no return also.

3) The remarkable accuracy of the prophecy of Daniel 9, describing the arrival of the Messiah, his ministry and death, as well as descrbing the desolation that Jesus referred to in Matthew 24.

It is so accurate that many have tried to say it was written after the fact, but Jesus referring to that prophecy tends to disprove that.

4) A freebee, lol. Scripture prophecied that Christ would take up his throne in 1914. It also prophesied that just before that Satan would be cast down to the earth. Circumstantial I admit, but to me it is too great a coincidence that we really started on the road to self destruction on the mid 1880s, and have simply kept accelerating ever since. Also in the sphere of religion, from around the same time "Christianity" has exploded from less than a dozen sects to trhousands.

Coincidence? I think not.

Oh I can support then but evidently in anyway you would accept, or would enter your mind, which is already closed in that sense.

I am open to the possibility of a god existing, but I find every argiument for a god laughably weak.

OK, ironically I find every argument against him very weak indeed, since the whole of creation is stamped with his "signature" his personality.

I agree with Paul when he said,m even back then, that those who could not see "God's invisible qualities" in the creation around us need to open their eyes, because they have no excuse.

Maybe a scientist can convince you.

http://wol.jw.org... The story of Kenneth Tanaka, a Planetary Geologist, who now believes in the bible 100%.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:30:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 3:26:25 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/3/2015 2:42:22 PM, uncung wrote:
God can use his spirit for everything that he needs doing, from cearint the smallest particle to the most powerful sun. Satan's use of spirit has been restricted somewhat.

Who restricts the spirit of satans?

Jehovah's Witnesses think they do

No they don't, yet anotehr lie of yours. No human has the power to restrict Satan's power. Only God can dop that.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:39:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 3:23:38 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses

Fine, ask away, I am not afraid of questions, nor is any witness.

You claim that JWs have thier own exclusive version of the bible.

May I ask what is exclusive about it? It teaches all the same things that every other translation does. I don't even use it very often, I use the ASV instead mainly, the only other translation at least honest enough not to remove God's name from where it should be and hide it behind "LORD", though in discussion with you I am happy to use any translation you name as long as it can be found on http:// studybible.info. There are more than enough to choose from on there.

How can anyone trust a translation that dishonest?

Dispite the lies you try to spread JWs do, and will always endeavour to, teach precisely what Cjhrist and the Apostles taught, and even worship the same God that Christ and teh Apostles did (John 20:17).

Please fell free to try and prove anything they teach scripturally wrong, you won't succeed. I know I tried and failed and if I can't you won't get anywhere near it.

Your lies will do you no favours with God and Christ, only with Satan.
SNP1
Posts: 2,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:40:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 3:29:26 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/3/2015 1:55:00 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/3/2015 1:52:46 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Hard to ignore his exitence when the evidence of his influence is all around us, every day.

Okay, give your best 3 pieces of evidence for the existence of god.


1) The accuracy of the order of creation in Genesis1, despite the incorrect translation of v14 which tried to tell you that the sun and moon were created twice, it still contains scientifically proven facts about the order things were brought into existence.

And before you say it, the word "day" has a number of meanings, on of which aplies quite rightly to the preparation of teh earth for life.

The order in Genesis is not accurate.
http://www.huecotanks.com...

2) The fact that about 1900 years ago, he had the Apstle John preditc that in thie time of the end we wuld be well along the road to self destruction, as we are, and beyond the point of no return also.

How are we beyond point of no return?
At the time that Revelations was written, those that did not like the Roman Empire thought that the world was along the road to self-destruction. It is likely that John thought the same thing (historians also concluded that none of the Johns or Revelations was written by an apostle John), and was referring to that, which already existed at the time.

3) The remarkable accuracy of the prophecy of Daniel 9, describing the arrival of the Messiah, his ministry and death, as well as descrbing the desolation that Jesus referred to in Matthew 24.

How do you know that the Gospels accurately portray the teachings? The gospels borrow heavily from Mark (the first one that was written), and the author of Mark would have had access to the Old Testament, allowing the story to fit any of the prophecies.
Also, how is Daniel 9 "remarkably accurate"?

It is so accurate that many have tried to say it was written after the fact, but Jesus referring to that prophecy tends to disprove that.


4) A freebee, lol. Scripture prophecied that Christ would take up his throne in 1914. It also prophesied that just before that Satan would be cast down to the earth.

Where does it predict this? Especially when early Christians already thought they were living in the end times?

Circumstantial I admit, but to me it is too great a coincidence that we really started on the road to self destruction on the mid 1880s, and have simply kept accelerating ever since. Also in the sphere of religion, from around the same time "Christianity" has exploded from less than a dozen sects to trhousands.

Coincidence? I think not.

Oh I can support then but evidently in anyway you would accept, or would enter your mind, which is already closed in that sense.

I am open to the possibility of a god existing, but I find every argiument for a god laughably weak.

OK, ironically I find every argument against him very weak indeed, since the whole of creation is stamped with his "signature" his personality.

I agree with Paul when he said,m even back then, that those who could not see "God's invisible qualities" in the creation around us need to open their eyes, because they have no excuse.

Maybe a scientist can convince you.

http://wol.jw.org... The story of Kenneth Tanaka, a Planetary Geologist, who now believes in the bible 100%.

Have you heard that the pastor that tried living as an atheist for a year to see if it was true or not has just accepted atheism?
Also, statistically, there are more and more atheist scientists every year.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:46:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 3:39:55 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/3/2015 3:23:38 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Questions for Jehovah's Witnesses

Fine, ask away, I am not afraid of questions, nor is any witness.

You claim that JWs have thier own exclusive version of the bible.

May I ask what is exclusive about it? It teaches all the same things that every other translation does. I don't even use it very often, I use the ASV instead mainly, the only other translation at least honest enough not to remove God's name from where it should be and hide it behind "LORD", though in discussion with you I am happy to use any translation you name as long as it can be found on http:// studybible.info. There are more than enough to choose from on there.

How can anyone trust a translation that dishonest?

I will be taking all of my quotes from the JW New World Translation. That's the JW Bible and you know it. No wonder they kicked you out of Kingdom Hall if you deny the New World Translation is the JW Bible.

If the dead will be resurrected during the millennial reign of Christ and judged according to their deeds during that time, why does the Bible explicitly say in Rev 20:4-5 that the "(The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended)"? How could they be judged according to their deeds during the 1,000 year reign of Christ, if they will not come to life until after this period is over? Why does the NWT have parentheses around this verse? Similarly, if the dead will be resurrected during the millennial reign of Christ and judged according to their deeds during that time, why does the Bible say that the dead will come out of their tombs and "those who did (past tense) good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced (past tense) vile things to a resurrection of judgement" (Jn 5:28-29), and why does the Bible say that men are "to die once" and "after this (ie. death) a judgment" (Heb 9:27)?

You can compare with the RSV if you want to. But answer the questions please.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:49:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 8:19:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
There is an intangible part to us, the spirit that powers us, and since that spirit comes from God, God, and all spirit creatures, can communicate with us through it.

That, unfortunately for us, includes Satan.

As Paul said at Romans 8:16
ASV(i) 16 The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God:

Spirit is not a sentient being, it is a form of energy, part of God's very sub stance, and of those he created from it, as he created everything from it. Hence our spirit could, if he wished, be used by God to influence, even control every part of us.

That is why holy spirit is such an "energising" thing to those of us who get it, but in a much more peaceful way than Satan's spirit works on us.

When we are connected to God and h8is spirit beings through spirit we show the fruits of teh spirit, and teh extent to which we show them denotes how strongly connected we are.

Galatians 5:22-23
ASV(i) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

That is because these things reflect God's personality in us.

The fruitage of Satan's spirit is the exact opposite, and again the strength to which it shows reveals that amount of influence his spirit is having on our minds.

That is one way that, with practice, one can recognise who is influence and to what extent, by either God or Christ.

Without the spirit which God gives us on conception, through the spirit of our parents, we could not live, and it is the one link between us and the world which God inhabits, the spirit realm.

You can choose to think of the spirit realm, which we call heaven, as another dimension, or a parallel universe if you like. Whatever you see it as, it is another realm completely, inaccessible to physical humans, but with which we are constantly and irrevocably connected through our own spirit.

You are body, soul and spirit. Your body is made up from the universal elements, and it is activated by the universal soul, which is the animating principle that pervades the entire universal body, activating everything within the universe, from the wave particles to the subatomic particles that make up the atoms which are the building blocks of the molecules from which the universal body is created. It is to the universal soul=LIFE-FORCE that all information = SPIRIT is gathered.

"YOU" the mind, are spirit. The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul, which is the divine animating principle that pervades the entire universal body, the universal life force to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and prehuman, has been gathered in the evolution of whatever was in the beginning to become who you are, and that parental spirit dwells behind the veil to the inner most sanctuary of its earthly tabernacle=tent, which is your body.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and "YOU" who are spirit [Gathered information] in this particular life cycle, could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality = "CONTROLLING GODHEAD" to that body.

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind
The veil, I lifted up my hands to find
A lamp amid the Darkness; and I heard,
As from Without__ "The Me within Thee is blind.".... By Omar Khayyam.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body: "skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc," has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU = the mind=spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force=soul, from which it will be resurrected in the next cycle of universal activity. Unless of course, the information=spirit that is "YOU" is divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death. For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul----------"For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit."
'
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:49:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The forward to the Kingdom Interlinear Translation (KIT),1985 edition, on page 8 states, "Our primary desire has been to seek not the approval of men but that of God, by rendering the truth of his inspired Word as purely and as consistently as our dedicated abilities make possible. There is no benefit in self-deception." On page 9 it is stated, "We offer no paraphrase of the Scriptures. Our endeavor throughout has been to give as literal a translation as possible where the modern English idiom allows for it or where the thought content is not hidden due to any awkwardness in the literal rendition. In this way, we can best meet the desire of those who are scrupulous for getting, as nearly as possible word for word, the exact statement of the original." The NWT translates Jn 14:14 as, "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." If the NWT is the most accurate word for word translation of the Bible, why does it completely omit the word "me" after the phrase "If you ask", even though the word "me" is in the original Greek. See Kingdom Interlinear Translation (KIT). If the NWT correctly translated Jn 14:14 from the original Greek and included the word "me" after "ask" in this verse, how would this verse read? How could a person "ask" Jesus for something without praying to him? How can the NWT be "rendering the truth of his inspired Word as purely" as possible , and how can it be "as literal a translation as possible" when the "translators" knowingly omit this word ("me") so that this verse does not contradict the teachings of the WTS?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:51:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/3/2015 3:20:14 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
If the spirit of a man has no existence apart from the body, why does Stephen just before his death in Acts 7:59, pray to Jesus to "receive my spirit"? How could Jesus, who was in heaven, receive Stephen's spirit if a man's spirit ceases to exist when the body dies and if no one could enter heaven until the year 1914? Similarly, if the soul ceases to exist after the death of the body, why does Paul say that he would rather be "absent from the body" so he could go make his "home with the Lord" (2Cor 5:8), and why would he say that he would rather depart from this life so that he could go be with Christ (Phil 1:23)? How could Paul be "with Christ" and make his "home with the Lord" if no one could enter heaven until 1914?

That is because it is all a part of God's spirit, and leaves the body on death, as scripture says. It doesn;t cease to exist it siply goes back to God. Psalms 146:4
ASV(i) 4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; In that very day his thoughts perish.

The word translated breath here is also translated spirit elsewhere, and in some translations here also, as it is at:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
ASV(i) 7 and the dust returneth to the earth as it was, and the spirit returneth unto God who gave it.

He could say that because he knew he would have his place reserved for him as part of teh first resurrection, the heavenly one. He had no idea when that would happen, in fact no-one did until someone worked out 1914 ( and no, it wasn't a JW, they got it from Francuis Barber, who later became a 7th Day Adventist, a faith which was originally based on the same idea.).

All are with Christ who carry on his work. As he himself said at Luke 11:23
ASV(i) 23 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

All are with Christ, as am I, and the JWs, if they "gather with" him. Whether or not they have the heavenly hope.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:51:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The WTS claims that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C.E. and uses Dan 4:23-25, Rev 12:6, 14, Num 14:34, and Ezek 4:6 to come up with 1914 C.E., which is 2,520 years later, as the year that Jesus began his reign in heaven. If the WTS"s claim that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 B.C.E. is correct, then why is it that every reference source, including the Encyclopedia Britannica, Microsoft Encarta, The World Book Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia Americana, Compton"s Encyclopedia, Acedemic American Encyclopedia, Cambridge Ancient History " Vol. III, The Oxford Dictionary of World History, etc, etc, all state that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 BC? If the WTS is correct that Christ"s reign in heaven started 2,520 years after the destruction of Jerusalem, shouldn"t this event have occurred in 1935 instead of 1914? Should we view the overwhelming opinion of essentially every historian who is an expert on ancient history, or the WTS, as unreliable?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:52:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
According to Strong"s Greek Dictionary, the Greek word "heos" (Strong"s # 2193) means "till, until". If the NWT is the most accurate word for word translation of the Bible, why does it mistranslate the Greek word "heos" in Mt 5:18 as "sooner would" instead of "until", completely changing the meaning of this verse? If the Greek word "heos" was translated correctly as "until" in this verse, what would this verse say about the future of this present earth? Why is this Greek word translated as "until" in the KIT, but rendered "sooner would" in the NWT? Why the inconsistency in the translation? See Zeph 3:13 and Isa 28:15.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:53:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If the Holy Spirit is God's impersonal "active force", why does he speak directly and refer to himself as "I" and "me" in Acts 13:2? If the Holy Spirit is God's impersonal active force, how could he: Be referred to as "he" and "him" in Jn 16:7- 8 and Jn 16:13-14; Bear witness (Jn 15:26, Acts 20:23); Feel hurt (Isa 63:10); Be blasphemed against (Mk 3:29, Lk 12:10); Say things (Ezek 3:24, Acts 8:29, 10:19, and Heb 10:15-17); Forbid someone to say things (Acts 16:6); Plead for us with groanings (Rom 8:26); Be tested (Acts 5:9); Send people (Acts 13:4); Be a helper (Jn 14:16, 16:7); Appoint overseers (Acts 20:28); Be outraged (Heb 10:29); Desire (Gal 5:17); Search (1Cor 2:10); Comfort (Acts 9:31); Be grieved (Eph 4:30); Be loved (Rom 15:30); Be lied to and be God (Acts 5:3-4)? What does the Bible say about those who speak against the Holy Spirit? See Mt 12:32 and Lk 12:10.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 3:55:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The WTS claims that Ezekiel's prophecy of the Jews returning to their land is fulfilled in their organization. Ezek 36:24, 28 says "And I will take you out of the nations and collect you together out of all the lands and bring you in upon your own soil." and "And you will certainly dwell in the land that I gave to your forefathers, and you must become my people and I myself shall become your God." If this is fulfilled in the Watchtower organization, then how are they returning to the land of CANAAN as promised to the forefathers (Ps 105:8-11)?