Jump to topic:

assisted sucide

Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 3:09:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you take jesus's commandment to love thy neighbour as your self then surely if a someone is in terrible pain and suffering aznd they ask you to help them endit you must be folowwing that commandment if you do
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 3:11:51 PM
At 6/12/2010 3:09:32 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
If you take jesus's commandment to love thy neighbour as your self then surely if a someone is in terrible pain and suffering aznd they ask you to help them endit you must be folowwing that commandment if you do

It would be between that person and God, and would have nothing to do with me. If it is a consenting deal, i do not think there is anything wrong with it legally either.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 3:11:56 PM
Suicide is a touchy issue, even assisted suicide or euthanasia. As a result, I'm pretty undecided on this issue although I hate to see people suffer.
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 3:14:39 PM
Well i've watched several people die, long ligering, painful deaths and if i was asked to help someone i'm afraid i would have to. we dont think it's humaneto aloow animals to suffer but allow humans to suffer the same and thats supposed to be humane, nonsenical
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2010 3:16:32 PM
Well I've watched several people die, long lingering, painful deaths and if I was asked to help someone I'm afraid I would have to. we don't think it's humane to allow animals to suffer but allow humans to suffer the same and that's supposed to be humane, nonsensical
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 2:59:16 AM
At 6/12/2010 3:09:32 PM, Andrew27 wrote:

Why not take this commandent instead?

John 14:12 (New International Version)
12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Jesus healed thousands of people most days of His ministry.
The Cross.. the Cross.