Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Did Adam & Eve Interupt Gods Master Plan ?

IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2015 6:57:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This thread is to discus if Adam & Eve interrupted Gods initial plan for man kind and if so, did God as a result of his plan going foul, have to come up with a different plan to fix his first plan for man, that did not work out ?

I am starting this thread based solely on scripture from the canonized bible and logic. I would ask those, who which to discus to keep it that way. As I have the upmost confidence in Gods written word, the Bible and believe also, we must have some sensibility and should not toss logic out the window when discussing such scriptural issues.

I am open to various translations of the bible. Including the NWT. I will also use various translations. Primarily, I will cite KJV and I am very aware of the problems with the KJV translation and will refer to accurate translation when warranted as well as look to and cite the Hebrew & Greek words and the definitions when required for clarity.

With that being established, I will begin with thought on this topic.

It is recorded in Genesis 1:26King James Version (KJV)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

If God set out to "make man" in their "image and likeness" and I do believe most agree that his image and likeness means that of qualities and attributes. One of the qualities and attributes that they possessed, is that of the "KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL" that man did not posses until they ate of the tree of "Knowledge" and once that occurred we find God said this in Genesis 3:

22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

23 Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken

So, with that opening, starting in Genesis I would submit the creation was not yet complete in their image and likeness on the sixth day and it was part of Gods master plan knowing they would eat of the tree of "knowledge" as part of the creating man into his image and likeness. I would also suggest that he is still creating man into his image and likeness, as part of his master plan from the beginning and Adam & Eve did not through a monkey wrench in Gods plan, requiring him to fix his original plan that somehow went wrong.

I will now look forward to a scriptural debate in regards to this topic.