Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Is the Holy Spirit reliable

M.CowanBerghofer
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Many Christian religions say that to find out what is true people must ask God what is true. Of course God does not speak to us directly, he uses the Holy Ghost to communicate his will to us. However, how can we get our own testimony when the Holy Ghost has given different and conflicting answers to different people? To some people the Holy Ghost says, the Trinity. To others he say the separation of the godhead. To some faith and not works. To others, faith and works.
Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?
uncung
Posts: 3,455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 6:52:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM, M.CowanBerghofer wrote:
Many Christian religions say that to find out what is true people must ask God what is true. Of course God does not speak to us directly, he uses the Holy Ghost to communicate his will to us. However, how can we get our own testimony when the Holy Ghost has given different and conflicting answers to different people? To some people the Holy Ghost says, the Trinity. To others he say the separation of the godhead. To some faith and not works. To others, faith and works.
Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?

They lie when they say they encounter with Holy Ghost. They cannot prove it.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 7:02:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
You presuppose that there is such a thing as the Holy Spirit
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 3:45:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM, M.CowanBerghofer wrote:
Many Christian religions say that to find out what is true people must ask God what is true. Of course God does not speak to us directly, he uses the Holy Ghost to communicate his will to us. However, how can we get our own testimony when the Holy Ghost has given different and conflicting answers to different people? To some people the Holy Ghost says, the Trinity. To others he say the separation of the godhead. To some faith and not works. To others, faith and works.
Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?

Define what you mean by "Holy Ghost".
Do you believe in ghosts?
Kyle_the_Heretic
Posts: 748
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 4:20:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM, M.CowanBerghofer wrote:
Many Christian religions say that to find out what is true people must ask God what is true. Of course God does not speak to us directly, he uses the Holy Ghost to communicate his will to us. However, how can we get our own testimony when the Holy Ghost has given different and conflicting answers to different people? To some people the Holy Ghost says, the Trinity. To others he say the separation of the godhead. To some faith and not works. To others, faith and works.
Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?

Do you really believe that the Holy Ghost would give so many differing answers?

Either there is no Holy Ghost, and it's all about what people want to believe, or have been brainwashed to believe, or there is a Holy Ghost, and it's still all about what people are already sure is true. They don't pray for answers, they pray for confirmation to bolster their own bias. The Holy Ghost isn't going to force the truth on anyone. If they don't sincerely open their hearts, He doesn't bother.
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
Jayhawker_Soule
Posts: 169
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:49:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM, M.CowanBerghofer wrote:

Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?

Best I can tell, the "Holy Ghost" is a curious Christian fabrication.
slo1
Posts: 4,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 9:19:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM, M.CowanBerghofer wrote:
Many Christian religions say that to find out what is true people must ask God what is true. Of course God does not speak to us directly, he uses the Holy Ghost to communicate his will to us. However, how can we get our own testimony when the Holy Ghost has given different and conflicting answers to different people? To some people the Holy Ghost says, the Trinity. To others he say the separation of the godhead. To some faith and not works. To others, faith and works.
Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?

Pretty good evidence that no such thing exists especially when one considers that the variance between manifestations of the holy ghost is all around one major religion which has the central tenant that Jesus is the Son of God.

Disputes in major religions which center around the nature of God, just goes to prove that no religion has a clue on the true nature of God and it is all based upon speculation from interpretations of texts.

Add in the fact that many justify their belief as proof positive because they have been touched by the holy ghost, it becomes evident that belief becomes rooted upon circular reasoning, which everyone knows in Microsoft Excel throws a BIG error message.
slo1
Posts: 4,354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 9:39:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 9:23:06 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
The better question is to ask if you are reliable.

Why would God have a manifestation of himself designed to deliver the truth to an individual if he knows that the recipient is completely unreliable and will not be able to receive/enact the truth in a consistent manner?

Once again we are in the awkward position where only the fundamental Christian interpretations have a consistent logical position. The answer from a fundamental view point would be that God only chooses certain people to deliver the truth to and unless you are chosen you are going to hell anyway.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 9:45:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM, M.CowanBerghofer wrote:
Many Christian religions say that to find out what is true people must ask God what is true. Of course God does not speak to us directly, he uses the Holy Ghost to communicate his will to us. However, how can we get our own testimony when the Holy Ghost has given different and conflicting answers to different people? To some people the Holy Ghost says, the Trinity. To others he say the separation of the godhead. To some faith and not works. To others, faith and works.
Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?

The Holy Spirit is the knowledge of God where we all exist as God's created characters. Think of the Holy Spirit as all the information that God planned and created in His program called Eternal Life. However, there are two sets of information that He planned for this first age. The one set of information is called the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil". This set of information is what gives us this world and everything in it, including all the languages we speak and illusions we observe. This set of information is what has deceived man from the other set of information called the "Tree of Life". The Tree of Life is ALL the knowledge of God and the source where God's prophets and us saints testify to.

You say that God doesn't speak to us directly. This is a total lie because God's people weren't used to testify to the knowledge of God like us prophets and saints were. This means thy never heard the voice of the Lord come into their mind and speak to them directly. Only us saints and prophets know what it's like for God to speak directly into our mind and give us commands to obey. Once He gets us saints to totally trust Him by being obedient to His commands, He finally has us sit down and begin writing words He puts into our mind. These written testimonies come directly from the information stored in the "tree of life". This tree of life is the Holy Spirit.

Everything we testify to in writing and speaking from the tree of life ( Holy Spirit ) is the Truth.

Christians believe they are testifying to the tree of life but they're actually testifying to the beast, which is where the other information of this world comes from. This information comes from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that was meant to keep His people from knowing what us saints learn from the tree of life. So the testimonies of Christians, Jews, Muslims, and anyone else in this world besides us saints are not reliable as the Truth, which is a symbolic name for our Creator and the tree of life ( the knowledge of God, or thoughts of God ).

Everything God has me ( a true saint ) testify to in writing and speaking is the only reliable source from the Holy Spirit that exists in this world today. Everything else that's written or spoken in this world from God's people are not reliable at all. They will deceive you of who we are in God if you listen and believe their testimonies.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 11:52:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 6:30:47 PM, M.CowanBerghofer wrote:
Many Christian religions say that to find out what is true people must ask God what is true. Of course God does not speak to us directly, he uses the Holy Ghost to communicate his will to us. However, how can we get our own testimony when the Holy Ghost has given different and conflicting answers to different people? To some people the Holy Ghost says, the Trinity. To others he say the separation of the godhead. To some faith and not works. To others, faith and works.
Is the Holy Ghost really reliable?

It would be good to first read what the Bible tells. If after that something is unclear, then it would be wise to ask God to show what the truth is.

Beloved, don't believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit who confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit who doesn't confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God, and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of whom you have heard that it comes. Now it is in the world already.
1 John 4:1-3

Holy Spirit doesn"t give contradictory answers. He tells the same what can also be read from the Bible. Unfortunately the problem often is that people don"t really want to know and receive the truth.

And Biblical truth is that for disciples of Jesus there is only one true God and He is greater than Jesus.

This is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and him whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
John 17:3

You heard how I told you, 'I go away, and I come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I said 'I am going to my Father;' for the Father is greater than I.
John 14:28

Therefore concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that no idol is anything in the world, and that there is no other God but one. For though there are things that are called "gods," whether in the heavens or on earth; as there are many "gods" and many "lords;" yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we live through him.
1 Corinthians 8:4-6

Biblical truth is also that righteous people will have eternal life. Righteous person is faithful to God and wants to live according to his will.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Often things may seem contradictory, when person doesn"t understand that all the little parts in the Bible form greater image than the single scripture and single scriptures should not be taken as the whole truth but as part of the whole truth.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:00:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 11:52:41 AM, 12_13 wrote:
Holy Spirit doesn"t give contradictory answers. He tells the same what can also be read from the Bible. Unfortunately the problem often is that people don"t really want to know and receive the truth.

Baloney. That is just a lame excuse used by those who hear voices in their heads, it's called schizophrenia.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:21:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 12:00:18 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/5/2015 11:52:41 AM, 12_13 wrote:
Holy Spirit doesn"t give contradictory answers. He tells the same what can also be read from the Bible. Unfortunately the problem often is that people don"t really want to know and receive the truth.

Baloney. That is just a lame excuse used by those who hear voices in their heads, it's called schizophrenia.

I think paranoiacs have similar experiences, particularly those with delusions of grandeur, certain that they are superior to everyone in some way and that they are persecuted for it. BoB is a textbook case.
faquet
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:24:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Yes it is reliable, it is the one of the most popular proofs of God.
All you have to do is ask him.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:32:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 12:24:04 PM, faquet wrote:
Yes it is reliable, it is the one of the most popular proofs of God.
All you have to do is ask him.

i Didn't get any answers when I asked, what did God tell you when you asked?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
faquet
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:22:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 12:32:22 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/5/2015 12:24:04 PM, faquet wrote:
Yes it is reliable, it is the one of the most popular proofs of God.
All you have to do is ask him.

i Didn't get any answers when I asked, what did God tell you when you asked?

How did you ask him? I'll tell how to talk with God, if you didn't know :
1. Speak in tongues for approximately 3 minutes.
2. Lie down.
3. Ask him questions (speak only in Hebrew), then he will answer you.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:51:26 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 1:22:48 PM, faquet wrote:
At 1/5/2015 12:32:22 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/5/2015 12:24:04 PM, faquet wrote:
Yes it is reliable, it is the one of the most popular proofs of God.
All you have to do is ask him.

i Didn't get any answers when I asked, what did God tell you when you asked?

How did you ask him? I'll tell how to talk with God, if you didn't know :
1. Speak in tongues for approximately 3 minutes.
2. Lie down.
3. Ask him questions (speak only in Hebrew), then he will answer you.

LOL. Good one.

I only have one tongue.
Can God not hear me when I'm standing up?
Since God only understands Hebrew, does that mean He's not omniscient?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth