Jump to topic:

jesus's sexuality

Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:20:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
is it possile that jesus was married and the Di vinci code has an element of truth to it or that maybe jesus was gay? After all he was 30 when he started preaching and before that he'd been a carpenter so chances of not being married in 1st century Roman occupied Judea seems pretty remote unless maybe he was homosexual?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:38:49 AM
Yes he was almost certainly gay, married... or indeed both. Lets just promote the idea he was gay as that will bring about positive changes in society.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:44:52 AM
well as a gay christian i'll go with that one, will explain why bible says paul was most beloved of jesus, cos they were lovers lol
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:47:33 AM
At 6/13/2010 11:44:52 AM, Andrew27 wrote:
well as a gay christian i'll go with that one, will explain why bible says paul was most beloved of jesus, cos they were lovers lol

It could have just been a bromance?

Anyway... as a gay Christian how do you reconcile yourself to the anti-homosexual messages of the old testament?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:47:43 AM
Jesus had a fetish for getting penetrated by small pointy metal things
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:51:09 AM
At 6/13/2010 11:47:43 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Jesus had a fetish for getting penetrated by small pointy metal things

And incest, clearly

"Oh Father, oh, why have you forsaken me!"
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:53:34 AM
At 6/13/2010 11:50:55 AM, Andrew27 wrote:
because the old testament is for jews, i'm not a jew, besides i didn't choose to be gay therefore how can it be a sin?

Apparently your God creates people with sin. You just got an extra dose of it. Now go off, get a bowl haircut, marry a woman you don't love, have kids, get them baptised , beat them, go to church on Sundays, become an advocate for Christianity in your local area and let it fall to shambles when your 55 and caught in a motel room with a rent boy.

Or you can change your religion to fit your sexuality and the science behind it.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:54:18 AM
At 6/13/2010 11:20:27 AM, Andrew27 wrote:
is it possile that jesus was married and the Di vinci code has an element of truth to it

No.

or that maybe jesus was gay?

This is possible. Jesus was fully man and so he may have found himself attracted to another man.

After all he was 30 when he started preaching and before that he'd been a carpenter so chances of not being married in 1st century Roman occupied Judea seems pretty remote unless maybe he was homosexual?

Wait. You can believe that Jesus of Nazarath was God but being a virgin for 30 years is where you draw the line?
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 11:55:17 AM
because the old testament is for jews, i'm not a jew, besides i didn't choose to be gay therefore how can it be a sin?

Being attracted to people of the same sex is not a sin. That would be absurd.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:01:39 PM
because the old testament is for jews, i'm not a jew,

Matt 5:17,18 (KJV) "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

besides i didn't choose to be gay therefore how can it be a sin?

No, but you can choose whether or not the act on it. According to Christianity, acting on it is a sin.
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:04:28 PM
really then why does the anglican church the second largest in world ordain gay clergy then? There is nothing wrong with expressing love to anotherm try it you might like it
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:06:26 PM
At 6/13/2010 12:04:28 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
really then why does the anglican church the second largest in world ordain gay clergy then?
http://dorset-humanists1.blogspot.com...

The Anglican Church isn't all that concerned with scripture.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:06:34 PM
really then why does the anglican church the second largest in world ordain gay clergy then?

Because they are heretics.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:07:45 PM
At 6/13/2010 11:55:09 AM, Andrew27 wrote:
are you speaking from experience lol

From the experiences of 1 in 5 evangelical ministers yes.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:08:22 PM

Fallacy; argumentum ad verecundiam.

There is nothing wrong with expressing love to anotherm try it you might like it

To another man? Icky, no thanks.

Here's a New Testament verse condemning homosexuality.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV) "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:09:27 PM
WOW i'm no heretic! maybe they just take the bible for what it is, not the word of god, but god inspired, a book that is after all 2000 yrs old, and have been mis interpreted and translated over the centuries, would rather be heretic then a hate obsessed crazy like a lot of christain 'cults are lol
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:10:50 PM
"Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection." - CCC, paragraph 2359
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:11:11 PM
well that's not the actual words of christ but somone with there own ax to grind, and i can assure you that love between to men isn't icky it's HOT!
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:12:24 PM
At 6/13/2010 12:11:11 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
well that's not the actual words of christ but somone with there own ax to grind, and i can assure you that love between to men isn't icky it's HOT!

"[Homosexual acts] are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved." - CCC, paragraph 2357
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:12:40 PM
At 6/13/2010 12:09:27 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
WOW i'm no heretic! maybe they just take the bible for what it is, not the word of god, but god inspired
It's neither, but it claims to be infallible. Take it all or leave it.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:16:20 PM
At 6/13/2010 12:13:41 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
ccc? well if there not natural how come they are found in most other species?

Fighting is common in most other species. Most are polyamorous, too.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:16:57 PM
At 6/13/2010 12:13:41 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
ccc?

The Catechism.

well if there not natural how come they are found in most other species?

There are all sorts of things that are done in the animal kingdom that is repellent to man and his nature.

There are mothers eating their young, mates eating their partners after mating (e.g., the Black Widow spider), animals eating their own feces and vomit (dogs and cats), or urinating on themselves (goats), etc.

Some animals have mates for a lifetime while others have sex with multiple partners indiscriminately, etc.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:16:58 PM
At 6/13/2010 12:14:35 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
ragnar you cant prove it's neither, it's an issue of faith

I have faith that the Qu'ran is the word of God. Prove me wrong.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:18:55 PM
At 6/13/2010 12:14:35 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
ragnar you cant prove it's neither
Pi is not 3. Therefore its writer is not omniscient and benevolent (or it would be honest). For starters.

it's an issue of faith
Faith has no attachment to reality.
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 12:20:46 PM
well sorry guys i think your both wrong there's nothing wrong with being gay, and it is perfctly natural and enjoyable lol anyway i was talking about jesus being eher gay or married! not a debate over wether being gay in it's self is right or wrong because quite clearly it's right lol