Total Posts:111|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If you died and discovered that God existed..

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 10:43:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/4/2015 10:41:12 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
What would be your reaction?

Well, hello, sir. Do you still go by Zeus?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 10:47:10 PM

He'd have a lot of explaining to do.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 10:47:40 PM
At 1/4/2015 10:47:10 PM, Beastt wrote:

Such as?
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 11:06:20 PM
and then would begin the negotiation process 8)

lol

you would think he'd be a reasonable fellow....
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 11:08:26 PM
At 1/4/2015 11:06:20 PM, mortsdor wrote:
and then would begin the negotiation process 8)

lol

you would think he'd be a reasonable fellow....

Not according to reports I've seen.
mortsdor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 11:16:42 PM
At 1/4/2015 10:47:40 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
At 1/4/2015 10:47:10 PM, Beastt wrote:

Such as?

Why he made bacon so damn tasty...

8(
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 11:20:23 PM
I'd ask him why he was so obsessed with raping babies and did he just do it for fun?
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2015 11:47:19 PM

A lot of questions.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:08:05 AM
At 1/4/2015 11:47:19 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

A lot of questions.

+1
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:16:45 AM

Ok, are we talking about the god of Christianity? If so, I would be very curious why the original message of the Bible (his inspired word) was allowed to become unverifiable (no original manuscripts), filled with copy errors, additions, subtractions, and contradictions. Also, assuming he would allow my questions (he seems to be very quick to anger), I would ask why he did not make himself objectively known to the world.

Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:21:33 AM

Dead people do not make any discoveries. Discoveries are made by the living.

However, to play your "let's pretend" game with you, If you died and discovered Jesus never knew you, what would be your reaction?

Matt 7: 21-23
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:36:06 AM
I haven't read one sincere post on here yet. That's depressing. Not one person who has posted can comprehend the idea that they could be wrong. Or they assume that "he has some explaining to do." Honestly, the explaining has been done. It just makes me sad to see people so openly degrading a man who went through so much pain for selfless reasons.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:45:45 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:36:06 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
I haven't read one sincere post on here yet. That's depressing. Not one person who has posted can comprehend the idea that they could be wrong. Or they assume that "he has some explaining to do." Honestly, the explaining has been done. It just makes me sad to see people so openly degrading a man who went through so much pain for selfless reasons.

Why are you holding others responsible for what you decide to read? It makes me sad to see the complete inability of theists to understand that if God exists HE DOES have a lot of explaining to do! Is the world perfect? Is it even fair? Is God omnipotent? Do the math.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:49:01 AM

It's wonderful to have a purported psychic on DDO.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:50:12 AM
I haven't read one sincere post on here yet.

Both of my posts were sincere. The first one questioned which god would be found, and the second directly addressed the scenario as if the Christian god was found.

LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:52:45 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:45:45 AM, Beastt wrote:

Why are you holding others responsible for what you decide to read? It makes me sad to see the complete inability of theists to understand that if God exists HE DOES have a lot of explaining to do! Is the world perfect? Is it even fair? Is God omnipotent? Do the math.

Whoa. Let me answer those questions. No, the world isn't perfect. No, it isn't fair. Yes, God is omnipotent. Math done....I think you are taking a bigger problem with the fact that if God is all powerful, then the world should be perfect or "fair". Fact of the matter is, there is no right without wrong. The reason we came to Earth is three things. Get a body, gain and grow our families, and to progress spiritually. Two of these things are possible with your perfect world scenario. Because of this, 1/3 of the host of heaven followed Satan. There is no perfect world because if it was, there would be no progression. It wouldn't happen. Sure, we would get bodies and have families but we would be like how Adam and Eve first were. Completely oblivious to the difference of right and wrong. Now to get the beginning at the end, I am not holding them responsible because I am reading. I am holding them responsible because this is a place to have real, serious conversation. That is obviously not what is happening and so is unacceptable and I hope people would have the humility to realize this. I know I certainly don't, but I hope for it in others.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:55:00 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:49:01 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:

I'm sad to see you feel the need to down and verbally abuse others. I'd hope for some more maturity on a forum discussing the entirety of humanity.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:55:50 AM
At 1/4/2015 10:43:31 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

So this is serious? I really don't see where the sarcasm isn't dripping off the words.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:56:17 AM

Congrats on 2500 posts. ...and +1.

Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 12:58:17 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:55:50 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:

So this is serious? I really don't see where the sarcasm isn't dripping off the words.

Don't get your panties in a wad. I merely meant to question which god would we find. The OP was not clear.

LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:01:30 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:58:17 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Don't get your panties in a wad. I merely meant to question which god would we find. The OP was not clear.

For your information, my boxers are in a wad. And no, it was not meant simply, "to question which god would we find". The words were meant as a joke. You are joking about my God. This is a man who made my entire being, brought me to Earth, and, I hope, will take me and my family back with him in paradise. So keep your sarcasm to yourself and show some respect for others religion. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean you need to degrade it.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:07:11 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:55:00 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:

I'm sad to see you feel the need to down and verbally abuse others. I'd hope for some more maturity on a forum discussing the entirety of humanity.

Excuse me? You walked into a perfectly civil conversation and implied that several perfect strangers were being 'insincere', when this wasn't apparent at all in their posts. If that isn't snide, then I don't know what is. Mine was quite sincere, and I take some offense at it being cavalierly dismissed without even being addressed.

And my lightly sarcastic jibe pointing out that your unwelcome examination of our motives is completely unwarranted is abusive? Please.
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:07:50 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:56:17 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Congrats on 2500 posts. ...and +1.

Thank you =)
- Hilaire Belloc -
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:08:03 AM
At 1/5/2015 1:01:30 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:

For your information, my boxers are in a wad. And no, it was not meant simply, "to question which god would we find". The words were meant as a joke. You are joking about my God. This is a man who made my entire being, brought me to Earth, and, I hope, will take me and my family back with him in paradise. So keep your sarcasm to yourself and show some respect for others religion. Just because you don't believe it doesn't mean you need to degrade it.

Yes, it was a joke, but how would I know which god the OP was referring to? That is the question. The OP does not refer to a paradise or any god by name. Let's not get off track now.

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:10:42 AM
At 1/5/2015 12:52:45 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 1/5/2015 12:45:45 AM, Beastt wrote:

Whoa. Let me answer those questions. No, the world isn't perfect. No, it isn't fair. Yes, God is omnipotent.
See the problem?

Math done....I think you are taking a bigger problem with the fact that if God is all powerful, then the world should be perfect or "fair". Fact of the matter is, there is no right without wrong.
That is untrue. In fact, it is the standard of Christian doctrine that all things have come from God, and God does no wrong. Even if that were untrue, I can make all of the right turns to reach a destination, with no requirement to make any wrong turns. Right does not require wrong.

The reason we came to Earth is three things. Get a body, gain and grow our families, and to progress spiritually.
That's pure blind assertion. We didn't come to Earth. Our existence is from the Earth. There is no evidence of anything spiritual.

Two of these things are possible with your perfect world scenario. Because of this, 1/3 of the host of heaven followed Satan.
More blind assertions. Firstly, perfection is not possible, as it means something different to everyone. Secondly, Satan can't be shown to be anything more than a cartoon character in an ancient collection of cartoon stories. Learning to recite a story is a far cry from supporting that story as being true.

There is no perfect world because if it was, there would be no progression. It wouldn't happen.
And if there was a perfect god, a progression would be contrary to that god.

Sure, we would get bodies and have families but we would be like how Adam and Eve first were.
Once again, you can't provide veracity for a story, simply be reciting they story. Adam and Eve are two more cartoon characters, in your cartoon mythology.

Completely oblivious to the difference of right and wrong.
And it was in this state of complete oblivion, that the story has God placing them in the position of choosing between right and wrong. Is it any wonder they chose wrong? How can you make a choice when you hold no concept of the options provided?

Now to get the beginning at the end, I am not holding them responsible because I am reading. I am holding them responsible because this is a place to have real, serious conversation.
And in any debate involving atheism/theism, you need to first provide real, serious evidence that your beliefs are true.

That is obviously not what is happening and so is unacceptable and I hope people would have the humility to realize this. I know I certainly don't, but I hope for it in others.
I think you need to spend a few moments trying to grasp the situation. If I were trying to convince you that the story of "The Three Little Pigs" was true, would reciting the story convince you?
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:10:53 AM
At 1/5/2015 1:08:03 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Yes, it was a joke, but how would I know which god the OP was referring to? That is the question. The OP does not refer to a paradise or any god by name. Let's not get off track now.

You are right. Let's not get off track. But also let's refrain from making jokes on a religion forum. There is a funny forum for that. Anyway, if I were to die, without having previous knowledge of God, I'd probably want to know who He is. If I had knowledge of God, denied him, and then discovered His existence after death, I would be scared out of my mind.
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:12:03 AM
At 1/5/2015 1:07:11 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/5/2015 12:55:00 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:

Excuse me? You walked into a perfectly civil conversation and implied that several perfect strangers were being 'insincere', when this wasn't apparent at all in their posts. If that isn't snide, then I don't know what is. Mine was quite sincere, and I take some offense at it being cavalierly dismissed without even being addressed.

And my lightly sarcastic jibe pointing out that your unwelcome examination of our motives is completely unwarranted is abusive? Please.

Alright, let us assume your post was sincere. Then please, elaborate. Make this a real conversation. What would ask him? I mean this seriously. If you could have a conversation with God, what would you ask?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 1:19:01 AM
At 1/5/2015 1:10:53 AM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 1/5/2015 1:08:03 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

You are right. Let's not get off track. But also let's refrain from making jokes on a religion forum. There is a funny forum for that. Anyway, if I were to die, without having previous knowledge of God, I'd probably want to know who He is. If I had knowledge of God, denied him, and then discovered His existence after death, I would be scared out of my mind.

I joke, you should get used to it. It is not meant to be disrespectful, and I don't see how it was (unless Zeus is your god) Sometimes, we need a little humor.

Also, you assume the OP is referring to Yahweh. What if the god you found is a different god?