Jump to topic:

The unwritten religious texts.

Cogito-ergo-sum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 1:47:57 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was wondering earlier on when people here are debating and forum posting re - God's existence, where are all of the books of the Bible that occur after the book of Jude?

Since the Bible appears to be the geographical/sociological/geopolitical etcetera Biography of the beginning onwards, why were these books stopped after Jude (I am only using Jude as it the end book I am familiar with [other versions of the Bible might be different]) Surely it is a chronicle of human endeavours from Genesis 1 through until what should be now?

Your thoughts?

It just seems to me God just stopped getting involved from that point onwards.
Andrew27
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 1:51:03 PM
old testement isn't really chronicle of the world but the histories/stories/folklore/beliefs of one group of people, the jewish nation
Cogito-ergo-sum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2010 1:55:08 PM
At 6/13/2010 1:51:03 PM, Andrew27 wrote:
old testement isn't really chronicle of the world but the histories/stories/folklore/beliefs of one group of people, the jewish nation

Yet Christians say Moses wrote some of the books, and they are of actual events. In this claim you make Moses a real person you quote, and his deeds historical events. If it is not a historical claim then you're admitting Genesis 1 is bollocks and basically a nice tale of 'Wouldn't it be nice if it were true?!'

Make sense man and realise we are the masters of our own destiny!
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 3:09:36 AM
At 6/13/2010 1:47:57 PM, Cogito-ergo-sum wrote:
I was wondering earlier on when people here are debating and forum posting re - God's existence, where are all of the books of the Bible that occur after the book of Jude?

Since the Bible appears to be the geographical/sociological/geopolitical etcetera Biography of the beginning onwards, why were these books stopped after Jude (I am only using Jude as it the end book I am familiar with [other versions of the Bible might be different]) Surely it is a chronicle of human endeavours from Genesis 1 through until what should be now?

Your thoughts?

The cross of Jesus Christ is as involved as He can get.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cogito-ergo-sum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 4:37:32 AM
At 6/14/2010 3:09:36 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:

Your thoughts?

And where is that exactly? Please don't give some cheap metaphorical answer like 'In our hearts and souls....' - drivel.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 2:23:04 AM
At 6/14/2010 4:37:32 AM, Cogito-ergo-sum wrote:

Your thoughts?

And where is that exactly? Please don't give some cheap metaphorical answer like 'In our hearts and souls....' - drivel.

Jesus Christ IS God.

So, WHY would God be born into the pre-modern human world, in some middle eastern back water, only to be finally betrayed by His own people and disciples and end up naked on a shameful murderers/thieves cross?

To REVEAL His true nature; To say " This is how much I love you. " and to buy humanity back fron satan, after Adam sold us to him.
The Cross.. the Cross.
Cogito-ergo-sum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2010 3:59:54 AM

Jesus Christ IS God.

So, WHY would God be born into the pre-modern human world, in some middle eastern back water, only to be finally betrayed by His own people and disciples and end up naked on a shameful murderers/thieves cross?

To REVEAL His true nature; To say " This is how much I love you. " and to buy humanity back fron satan, after Adam sold us to him.

Right, okay, silly old me. He did all that just to save us? Wow, now, that is impressive....personally, me, I would have just not made a talking snake that proves God to be a liar. Personally, me, I would not have created a Tree of Temptation....interesting name, when you think about it....God made that....wonder why unless he wanted to screw people over?
You have to remember that before eating the Apple Adam was pure and not corrupted, so an ultimately pure human still was tempted to do it, because he was baited in to doing it.

Oh, and mentioning 'buy us back from Satan' - all sin was gone yes? Then why are people still baptised? You can't have original sin after the crucifiction of Jesus as all Sin was gone, completely, everywhere.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2010 4:16:30 AM
At 6/15/2010 2:23:04 AM, DATCMOTO wrote:
At 6/14/2010 4:37:32 AM, Cogito-ergo-sum wrote:

Your thoughts?

Jesus Christ IS God.

How does the crucifixtion buy back humanity from Satan?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
the-good-teacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2010 8:14:30 PM

Your thoughts?

-------------------
We once had a holy man who performed sacrifices in a temple on our behalf, now we are that temple and the holy man is Jesus who made the ultimate sacrifice.
------------------------------------o O--^5---
Zeitgeist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2010 1:03:50 AM

Your thoughts?

Start by reading up on First Council of Nicaea and work from there.

Be ready to start to develop a very jaundiced view of the Roman Catholic church though.