Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Atheists asked for 'a sign'

neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 4:37:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

Lmao, epic win.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 4:39:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

You sound like a grade school brat cracking a bad joke. Epic win? Hardly.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:11:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:37:25 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

Lmao, epic win.

A play in words placed on a billboard. It's clever, but not an epic win. It's just another example of people putting words into God's mouth. Now if a real God made a sign the it would be epic.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:19:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

I find that amusing.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:19:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 5:11:29 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:37:25 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

Lmao, epic win.

A play in words placed on a billboard. It's clever, but not an epic win. It's just another example of people putting words into God's mouth. Now if a real God made a sign the it would be epic.

Its a joke. Lighten up francis!

And in a completely serious inference, as Beasty reported that I was 'harassing you', and the mods, at least initially took him serious, I have to ask why you would jump into a thread I started at all?

It can't be both ways sister, I cannot avoid you, only to have you follow me, AND THEN be harassing you when I respond. I assume that this false accusation comes from Beasty rather than you Jody, but it has nevertheless resulted in a pointed exchange about the accusation with the moderation team. None to happy within someone ostensibly harassing a young lady, and none to happy to see the apparent victim responding like this either.

And that dear is no joke.

But yes, God did make the sign. If he moved someone to make it for him, its the same thing.

Most likely, just a joke. One that pokes fun of the atheist demand for 'a sign'. It does meet the requirement, even if we all know its not exactly what atheists meant.

A literal account of the Bible is perhaps ... taken the same way? Hence the point worth making.

Literalism verses the truth.

Either you have your sign, or that is not quite what a sign is. And we'd hate for the literalists in atheism to have to concede that point ;-) Actually, we wouldn't.

Strict literalism is not always the best way to read things, correct? That point can be made humorously can it not?
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:21:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 5:19:42 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

I find that amusing.

Good ;-)
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,611
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:23:36 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

Hah, good joke :)
dee-em
Posts: 6,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:32:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Nope, that's a fail. All messages from God come carved on stone tablets accompanied by a burning bush. Look, God even forgot his full signature "The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost". This is definitely another Christian forgery.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:42:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 5:19:47 PM, neutral wrote:
At 1/5/2015 5:11:29 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:37:25 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

Lmao, epic win.

A play in words placed on a billboard. It's clever, but not an epic win. It's just another example of people putting words into God's mouth. Now if a real God made a sign the it would be epic.

Its a joke. Lighten up francis!

And in a completely serious inference, as Beasty reported that I was 'harassing you', and the mods, at least initially took him serious, I have to ask why you would jump into a thread I started at all?

It can't be both ways sister, I cannot avoid you, only to have you follow me, AND THEN be harassing you when I respond. I assume that this false accusation comes from Beasty rather than you Jody, but it has nevertheless resulted in a pointed exchange about the accusation with the moderation team. None to happy within someone ostensibly harassing a young lady, and none to happy to see the apparent victim responding like this either.

And that dear is no joke.

But yes, God did make the sign. If he moved someone to make it for him, its the same thing.

Most likely, just a joke. One that pokes fun of the atheist demand for 'a sign'. It does meet the requirement, even if we all know its not exactly what atheists meant.

A literal account of the Bible is perhaps ... taken the same way? Hence the point worth making.

Literalism verses the truth.

Either you have your sign, or that is not quite what a sign is. And we'd hate for the literalists in atheism to have to concede that point ;-) Actually, we wouldn't.

Strict literalism is not always the best way to read things, correct? That point can be made humorously can it not?

I see the humor I'm the sign. I stated that it was a clever play on words.

However I disagree that God made the sign. Assuming that God is real, then if God can move a theist to make a sign, then God can also move an atheist to question certain man made religious concepts as well. Who is anyone to question the reasoning of a supreme being?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
dee-em
Posts: 6,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 5:47:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 5:42:15 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

I see the humor I'm the sign. I stated that it was a clever play on words.

However I disagree that God made the sign. Assuming that God is real, then if God can move a theist to make a sign, then God can also move an atheist to question certain man made religious concepts as well. Who is anyone to question the reasoning of a supreme being?

If God 'moved' anyone to make a sign, that would be a violation of free will. Christians shoot themselves in the foot so often, they need to invent a gun which won't fire when pointing downwards.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 6:06:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 5:47:54 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/5/2015 5:42:15 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

I see the humor I'm the sign. I stated that it was a clever play on words.

However I disagree that God made the sign. Assuming that God is real, then if God can move a theist to make a sign, then God can also move an atheist to question certain man made religious concepts as well. Who is anyone to question the reasoning of a supreme being?

If God 'moved' anyone to make a sign, that would be a violation of free will. Christians shoot themselves in the foot so often, they need to invent a gun which won't fire when pointing downwards.

Don't get me going on free will. It is antiquated, yet in the biological world arguably nonexistent. :P
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
SNP1
Posts: 2,407
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 6:09:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

It is funny, but beware, you posted it in the religion section and not the funny section. Some morons might take you seriously.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 6:32:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Believers ask for a "sign". Atheists know better.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 6:53:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:

What more do you atheists need!?!

Something God actually did. We're kind of stickers that way.

"God doesn't exist." -- Invisible Pink Unicorn

There! Are you convinced now?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
dee-em
Posts: 6,495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2015 8:39:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 6:53:45 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:

What more do you atheists need!?!

Something God actually did. We're kind of stickers that way.

"God doesn't exist." -- Invisible Pink Unicorn

There! Are you convinced now?

You stickler, you. :-)
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:10:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

But speaking of signs has God ever given you one, as what made you turn to Jesus Christ? When did you know......you know?

When did you know that you love Jesus. I know my life story for this :)
But I would like to hear yours?

As I have nothing in this life and yet I have everything in this crucified savior, who I love.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 12:13:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/5/2015 6:53:45 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:

What more do you atheists need!?!

Something God actually did. We're kind of stickers that way.

"God doesn't exist." -- Invisible Pink Unicorn

There! Are you convinced now?

Yeah God actually made life.
God actually made this universe.
God actually intervenes in some peoples life.

I think it amazing you want to call so many prophets schizophrenics. Which untreated is a debilitating disorder. Yet these people like Joan of Arc, Moses, ect... accomplished great things.

Going to blame that on chance as well?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:02:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 12:13:49 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/5/2015 6:53:45 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:

What more do you atheists need!?!

Something God actually did. We're kind of stickers that way.

"God doesn't exist." -- Invisible Pink Unicorn

There! Are you convinced now?

Yeah God actually made life.
God actually made this universe.
God actually intervenes in some peoples life.

I think it amazing you want to call so many prophets schizophrenics. Which untreated is a debilitating disorder. Yet these people like Joan of Arc, Moses, ect... accomplished great things.

Going to blame that on chance as well?

Regardless of the outcome, both Joan of Arc and Moses said God talked to them and told them to go out and make war and genocide. Is that what you refer to as accomplishing "great things"?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 4:32:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 12:10:42 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

But speaking of signs has God ever given you one, as what made you turn to Jesus Christ? When did you know......you know?

When did you know that you love Jesus. I know my life story for this :)
But I would like to hear yours?

As I have nothing in this life and yet I have everything in this crucified savior, who I love.

Yep. I knew after I converted and the Holy Ghost delivered my testimony - exactly as promised, only I did not know that until I later studied theology and realized what had happened.
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2015 11:35:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 4:32:29 PM, neutral wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:10:42 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

But speaking of signs has God ever given you one, as what made you turn to Jesus Christ? When did you know......you know?

When did you know that you love Jesus. I know my life story for this :)
But I would like to hear yours?

As I have nothing in this life and yet I have everything in this crucified savior, who I love.

Yep. I knew after I converted and the Holy Ghost delivered my testimony - exactly as promised, only I did not know that until I later studied theology and realized what had happened.

Interesting what testimony did the Holy Ghost deliver? And how did you then realize, through your study?

Thanks for responding.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 5:13:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/6/2015 11:35:08 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/6/2015 4:32:29 PM, neutral wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:10:42 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

But speaking of signs has God ever given you one, as what made you turn to Jesus Christ? When did you know......you know?

When did you know that you love Jesus. I know my life story for this :)
But I would like to hear yours?

As I have nothing in this life and yet I have everything in this crucified savior, who I love.

Yep. I knew after I converted and the Holy Ghost delivered my testimony - exactly as promised, only I did not know that until I later studied theology and realized what had happened.

Interesting what testimony did the Holy Ghost deliver? And how did you then realize, through your study?

Thanks for responding.

One that convinced me, and not one I can share with you without having it dismissed as 'not science'. It's not meant to be, it's meant to be proof, a testimony, for me and me alone.

The Holy Ghost will deliver a tailored message for you, when you are ready to listen to it.

Most atheists respond that they try and this fails, because they gosh darn it believed and nothing. But if something can read your heart and knows you cannot believe? Or wispers anyway and is not hurt over the hubris.

What in can do is using logic, math, and science to demonstrate that the leap of faith to God is much smaller than disbelief, and once we accept that and treat an inductive conclusion as so highly probably as to be essential fact 'you know like Evolution' the Holy Ghost will confirm it as right.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 5:43:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 5:13:52 AM, neutral wrote:
At 1/6/2015 11:35:08 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/6/2015 4:32:29 PM, neutral wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:10:42 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

But speaking of signs has God ever given you one, as what made you turn to Jesus Christ? When did you know......you know?

When did you know that you love Jesus. I know my life story for this :)
But I would like to hear yours?

As I have nothing in this life and yet I have everything in this crucified savior, who I love.

Yep. I knew after I converted and the Holy Ghost delivered my testimony - exactly as promised, only I did not know that until I later studied theology and realized what had happened.

Interesting what testimony did the Holy Ghost deliver? And how did you then realize, through your study?

Thanks for responding.

One that convinced me, and not one I can share with you without having it dismissed as 'not science'. It's not meant to be, it's meant to be proof, a testimony, for me and me alone.

The Holy Ghost will deliver a tailored message for you, when you are ready to listen to it.

Most atheists respond that they try and this fails, because they gosh darn it believed and nothing. But if something can read your heart and knows you cannot believe? Or wispers anyway and is not hurt over the hubris.

What in can do is using logic, math, and science to demonstrate that the leap of faith to God is much smaller than disbelief, and once we accept that and treat an inductive conclusion as so highly probably as to be essential fact 'you know like Evolution' the Holy Ghost will confirm it as right.

This completely ignores all of the former Christians who believed they'd received a message from the Holy Ghost, and yet after years of trying to ignore that the doctrines fail, they eventually gave up their Christian beliefs and now identify as atheists. To suggest that people like Bart D Ehrman, Robert M Price, Dan Barker and Matt Dillahunty didn't actually believe is purely absurd. All of them had decided to devote their lives to spreading Christianity and they fought hard against reason to attempt to retain their beliefs. But in the end, these people could not quiet their ethical voice. They could no longer lie to their sense of intellectual honesty, and they all turned from pastors, priests and seminary students, to devout, outspoken atheists.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 10:44:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 5:13:52 AM, neutral wrote:
At 1/6/2015 11:35:08 PM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/6/2015 4:32:29 PM, neutral wrote:
At 1/6/2015 12:10:42 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/5/2015 4:35:16 PM, neutral wrote:
Its number two on the citation thing, but humorous.

http://www.littlebudha.com...

A billboard stating, "Well, you did ask for a sign." - God.

What more do you atheists need!?!

But speaking of signs has God ever given you one, as what made you turn to Jesus Christ? When did you know......you know?

When did you know that you love Jesus. I know my life story for this :)
But I would like to hear yours?

As I have nothing in this life and yet I have everything in this crucified savior, who I love.

Yep. I knew after I converted and the Holy Ghost delivered my testimony - exactly as promised, only I did not know that until I later studied theology and realized what had happened.

Interesting what testimony did the Holy Ghost deliver? And how did you then realize, through your study?

Thanks for responding.

One that convinced me, and not one I can share with you without having it dismissed as 'not science'. It's not meant to be, it's meant to be proof, a testimony, for me and me alone.

I understand completely. Your "personal" evidence of truth. But I don't care what science has to say on that, for I just want to hear your personal life story on this matter. For I love hearing others life story on what lead them to Jesus. I to have my own that lead me to the Son of God. But if you don't want to share yours to keep your life private........then I will understand.


The Holy Ghost will deliver a tailored message for you, when you are ready to listen to it.


Most atheists respond that they try and this fails, because they gosh darn it believed and nothing. But if something can read your heart and knows you cannot believe? Or wispers anyway and is not hurt over the hubris.

What in can do is using logic, math, and science to demonstrate that the leap of faith to God is much smaller than disbelief, and once we accept that and treat an inductive conclusion as so highly probably as to be essential fact 'you know like Evolution' the Holy Ghost will confirm it as right.

I agree as I have asked myself at times. Why did God only reveal himself to me by faith. Why not before I had faith to just do it then, in order for me to believe.

In my "opinion" God does it this way mainly because "blind" faith is true "love" and with that true love, then he will reveals himself as he did to me and to you. But I am also sure this is not the only way God does it to reach someone, different stories for different people, as Paul of Tarsus did not have faith in Christ, until he was humbled by God. But it does appear to me that the aspect of faith is very important to God none the less. Blessed are you and rejoice in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen :)
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 11:01:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Even the disciples never got their questions answered. Jesus was evasive and spoke in parables which no one understood.

Tbe disciples asked for a sign. They did not know who Jesus was or what he was talking about. Not that different from the Christians today. They too were forced to accepted Jesus by faith.

Luke 18:34. The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about.

John 12:16 At first his disciples did not understand all this. Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about him and that these things had been done to him.

John 14 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Comforts His Disciples
14 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me.

John 14:5 Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don"t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"

John 14:8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

John 14:22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, "But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?"
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 11:10:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 11:01:53 AM, Harikrish wrote:
Even the disciples never got their questions answered. Jesus was evasive and spoke in parables which no one understood.

Tbe disciples asked for a sign. They did not know who Jesus was or what he was talking about. Not that different from the Christians today. They too were forced to accepted Jesus by faith.


That is what's great about God. For you see I did "not" ask for a sign, for God to reveal himself to me. But because of my "blind' faith.......God just did it. From then on I knew him and rejoice in him, as it was such an incredible day for me as it also put the fear in me as well.

God is so good.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,014
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 11:40:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 11:10:35 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/7/2015 11:01:53 AM, Harikrish wrote:
Even the disciples never got their questions answered. Jesus was evasive and spoke in parables which no one understood.

Tbe disciples asked for a sign. They did not know who Jesus was or what he was talking about. Not that different from the Christians today. They too were forced to accepted Jesus by faith.


That is what's great about God. For you see I did "not" ask for a sign, for God to reveal himself to me. But because of my "blind' faith.......God just did it. From then on I knew him and rejoice in him, as it was such an incredible day for me as it also put the fear in me as well.

God is so good.
Do you compare yourself to the prophet Mohammad.(pbuh). God revealed himself to the prophet. The prophet said he was going mad....then spent the rest of his life defending his sanity and the revelation.

Christians do not speak of personal revelations. They are expected to accept by faith. Why would they need to believe by faith if God was revealing himself to them?
What have you done with this revelation? We know Jesus started working to fulfill the prophesies and was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy. The prophet mohammad(pbuh) married the first 6 year old girl he saw. You being a gentile convert with blind faith must have reached for the first thing that felt wooden like a cross.
seeu46
Posts: 578
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 12:25:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 11:40:29 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/7/2015 11:10:35 AM, seeu46 wrote:
At 1/7/2015 11:01:53 AM, Harikrish wrote:
Even the disciples never got their questions answered. Jesus was evasive and spoke in parables which no one understood.

Tbe disciples asked for a sign. They did not know who Jesus was or what he was talking about. Not that different from the Christians today. They too were forced to accepted Jesus by faith.


That is what's great about God. For you see I did "not" ask for a sign, for God to reveal himself to me. But because of my "blind' faith.......God just did it. From then on I knew him and rejoice in him, as it was such an incredible day for me as it also put the fear in me as well.

God is so good.
Do you compare yourself to the prophet Mohammad.(pbuh). God revealed himself to the prophet. The prophet said he was going mad....then spent the rest of his life defending his sanity and the revelation.

Christians do not speak of personal revelations. They are expected to accept by faith. Why would they need to believe by faith if God was revealing himself to them?

My blind faith is what revealed God to me. And yet it is still "faith" since I have no empirical scientific evidence, to prove this other then my statements of my personal experience. But to me for myself it is personal evidence to me that my faith is "known" better me. It has grown, not sure if you understand this.

What have you done with this revelation?

Follow Jesus is what I do.
neutral
Posts: 4,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2015 11:47:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/7/2015 5:43:20 AM, Beastt wrote:


This completely ignores all of the former Christians who believed they'd received a message from the Holy Ghost, and yet after years of trying to ignore that the doctrines fail, they eventually gave up their Christian beliefs and now identify as atheists. To suggest that people like Bart D Ehrman, Robert M Price, Dan Barker and Matt Dillahunty didn't actually believe is purely absurd. All of them had decided to devote their lives to spreading Christianity and they fought hard against reason to attempt to retain their beliefs. But in the end, these people could not quiet their ethical voice. They could no longer lie to their sense of intellectual honesty, and they all turned from pastors, priests and seminary students, to devout, outspoken atheists.

Feel free to tell me what any of that has to do with my experience troll?

You ignore all the atheists who converted in the opposite direction, like Lee Strobel.

Do not question my ethics again troll. Do not bring this one sided diatribal antics to my threads.

Please stop harassing me. Please stop bringing these weak, hypocritical, utterly inane, poorly thought out, and utterly meritless comments that seek only to twist to civilized discussions.

Just stay away troll.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 12:14:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Please stop bringing these weak, hypocritical, utterly inane, poorly thought out, and utterly meritless comments that seek only to twist to civilized discussions.

'Civilized discussions'?

You do realize exactly what variety of thread you have created, right? 'Civilized discussion' is no where NEAR where this particular thread originated from, or comes to a stop at.

Please, tell those gathered here, straight faced that this sideways punny pot shot at athiesm is how you like to start 'Civilized discussions'.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...