Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

An exciting TV channel for lovers of truth

bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:14:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/8/2015 2:44:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Check it out:

http://tv.jw.org...

Who said the internet was the enemy of Christ's people on earth. (actually annanicole did).

No way

God used the internet as an analogy to teach me how each created person is just like a computer tapped into His mind.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:31:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 12:19:32 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Brainwashed people find false doctrines exciting.

Your false doctrine is the most ridiculous one on this planet.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 1:27:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 12:31:08 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/9/2015 12:19:32 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Brainwashed people find false doctrines exciting.

Your false doctrine is the most ridiculous one on this planet.

EE: I find this interesting that I once again agree with you as long as it is taken literally as I view it.

If your noggin is the planet in question then it seems from what I have read of what you scribble around here that Skyangels doctrine must be false. That is if she had a religious doctrine in the first place.

We can always make believe and pretend that she has a religious doctrine so that it would be possible for it to be false.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:42:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a BIG problem with the unpleasant JW cult. When our adopted Down's Syndome son was 16 months old he had to have a life saving blood transfusion as it was discovered he had a blood condition not usually found in the UK, but common in Cyprus from where his birth parents originated. A day after the transfusion saved his life a couple of JWs turned up on our doorstep, and I challenged them about their stance on blood transfusions. You can imagine my reaction when they told us our boy would have been better off dead than receive the blood of another . What an evil doctrine!
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:13:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I had forgotten about the JWs doctrine on blood transfusions.

So do the JWs believe that the jesus of scripture shed his blood to wash away their sins?

Or does their doctrine prevent them from "having the transfusion" that seems popular in most christian circles.?

Seems to me that a person that gives blood for a transfusion is SAVING LIVES.

Sounds GOOD to me.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:44:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 12:19:32 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Brainwashed people find false doctrines exciting.

Yes you do don't you. I only find truth exciting.

We are all brainwashed frm teh cradle up, it is just that some of us choose to be brainwashed by God.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:45:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 12:31:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
jw and truth are mutually exclusive.

Nope, they are mutually inclusve, anythi8ng else and truth are mutually exclusive, and you especially so.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:47:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 1:27:42 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 1/9/2015 12:31:08 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/9/2015 12:19:32 AM, Skyangel wrote:
Brainwashed people find false doctrines exciting.

Your false doctrine is the most ridiculous one on this planet.

EE: I find this interesting that I once again agree with you as long as it is taken literally as I view it.

If your noggin is the planet in question then it seems from what I have read of what you scribble around here that Skyangels doctrine must be false. That is if she had a religious doctrine in the first place.

We can always make believe and pretend that she has a religious doctrine so that it would be possible for it to be false.

Ridiculous to those who can't shake of the brainwashing we are all subjected to from the cradle up, yes. But true none the less.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:19:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/8/2015 2:44:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Check it out:

http://tv.jw.org...

Who said the internet was the enemy of Christ's people on earth. (actually annanicole did).

No way

Well no wonder it's on the Internet. Jehovah Witnesses.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:35:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 6:42:33 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I have a BIG problem with the unpleasant JW cult. When our adopted Down's Syndrome son was 16 months old he had to have a life saving blood transfusion as it was discovered he had a blood condition not usually found in the UK, but common in Cyprus from where his birth parents originated. A day after the transfusion saved his life a couple of JWs turned up on our doorstep, and I challenged them about their stance on blood transfusions. You can imagine my reaction when they told us our boy would have been better off dead than receive the blood of another . What an evil doctrine!

Those JWs were wrong, it made little difference to the eternal future of your son.

You however are in a different position. When your son gets a resurrection in the future, will you be there to enjoy it with him? After all, the decision was yours, to defy God"s command in Acts 15. I am sorry you were confronted with such an immature and tactless pair of JWs at such a time. On your side is the fact that you truly did not realise what you were doing, you only had the Satanic side of the argument.

2 Corinthians 11 ASV(i) 14 And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light.

First, I must say it is not a doctrine, nor is it part of a doctrine, it is a direct command from God, and therefore from Christ. I know people say that they did not know about blood transfusions back then, but in fact blood transfusion, direct from person to person was not unknown in ancient Egypt, but was reserved for Pharaohs only. They believed that the blood of a strong man made them strong also.

On top of that do you honestly think that a Good who could predict conditions on the earth today, did not know of them? Could that not in fact be the reason that he inspired the words of Christ at Matthew 10: 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (ASV).

However, I can understand your position; believe me because my eldest son had serious tonsil problems which the surgeon at the hospital refused to treat without blood transfusion. They were so serious that he couldn"t even swallow a pea. It was also the one major issue that had me refusing to even listen to what they said for a decade or so. Not as life threatening as they made your son"s out to be however. However a JW brother, because I was one at the time, who was, and if he is still alive will still be, a Harley Street Physician, treated him instead, so problem.

I know the pressure you were put under, possibly by many other aprts of this Satanicallyt controlled system, even some JWs cave in at times like that?

Have you noticed that the "Blood Issue" does not hit the news anymore? Ever wondered why?

Because there is a completely new, and much less stubborn, hide bound generation of surgeons, open for a challenge now, Medicine is fast starting to realise that blood is not the answer, and bloodless surgery of all sorts as is getting more and more popular, partly thanks to that well known Heart Surgeon and pioneer of heart transplants in the USA Dr Denton Cooley, who has been championing bloodless surgery for decades.

Try Googling "Bloodless Surgery" and see what I mean

There have long been many equally effective, often more effective alternatives, but the "old guard" refused to even consider them because using blood was easier, no matter if it was better or not. It allowed for "Slash and burn" surgery.

I don"t know if there would have been an alternative in your case so I can't say, but the simple answer is that those who die faithful to Christ, and that includes avoiding blood, are guaranteed a resurrection to the opportunity of eternal life, so if push comes to shove, a faithful servant of God and Christ will always choose the long term solution over the short term, and relatively short lasting solution of disobedience.

As Christ said, any who lose their lives for his sake, by obeying his father's commands, will save it (in the resurrection) those who save their lives by disobeying will lose that opportunity.

For True Christian the only real choice is whether or not they want to enjoy that New World alongside their child, or leave their child to enjoy it without them for the sake a few more years in this wicked system.

It is a heart rending choice, and JWs understand that, as did the media which is why they made it such an emotive issue. However the JWs set up group of dedicated brothers, many of whom were themselves health professionals, to liaise with hospital"s and surgeons everywhere, and where they weren"t" dealing with "live" cases they were doing all they could to educate surgeons and other health professionals in the alternatives. In fact they are probably largely behind the current fascination in the Medical world with bloodless surgery of all kinds. Dr Denton Cooley, despite not being a JW himself, has always been a staunch supporter of their work because he found that using non blood alternative, for the sake of any JWs he dealt with, in his heart surgery of all types, gave him a better and faster recovery time.

but if you read Matthew 10, especially verses 22-39, as copied below, Christ never said it would be easy. After all, any who try to serve God and Christ have one of the most powerful beings in the universe as an immediate enemy, and he controls this system of things, including teh education system that brainwashes us from teh cradle up.

Matthew 10:22-39
ASV(i) 22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my names sake: but he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. 23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee into the next: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone through the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. 24 A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his lord. 25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his teacher, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more them of his household! 26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. 27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak ye in the light; and what ye hear in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops. 28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father: 30 but the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. 32 Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father who is in heaven. 34 Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law:36 and a mans foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that doth not take his cross and follow after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

No. Being a true Christian is about as difficult in this system as Satan can make it, but there trutly is no better life, nor more satisfying purpose than helping peopel find the road to eternal life.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:37:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 8:19:50 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:44:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Check it out:

http://tv.jw.org...

Who said the internet was the enemy of Christ's people on earth. (actually annanicole did).

No way

Well no wonder it's on the Internet. Jehovah Witnesses.

????

What better way of getting the truth across to more people.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:00:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 7:13:28 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

I had forgotten about the JWs doctrine on blood transfusions.

Yeah, most people have, it doesn"t hit the news any more. Ever wondered why?

The simple answer is that though they have yet to admit it publicly, and probably never will, the new generation of surgeons are starting to realise just what bad medicine using blood in transfusions really is.

Jehovah is being vindicated on his stand against using blood (Acts 15).

http://www.mdnews.com...

So do the JWs believe that the jesus of scripture shed his blood to wash away their sins?

Yes, but as per Mosaic Law it was spilled on the ground, not given to any other human.

God wants us to accept that the blood of one perfect man can save all.

Satan wants us to believe that the blood of any man can save any other man. It can't.

Or does their doctrine prevent them from "having the transfusion" that seems popular in most christian circles.?

No, their doctrine doesn"t, God"s command, as in Acts 15 does.

Seems to me that a person that gives blood for a transfusion is SAVING LIVES.

Sounds GOOD to me.

That"s what Satan wants you to think.

2 Corinthians 11:14
ASV(i) 14 And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light.
Christ never said being a Christian would be easy, though the false Christian Churches accentuate that aspect of it and bury the "unpleasant side as described by Jesus in Matthew 10, the most relevant parts of which are:
Matthew 10:22-39
ASV(i) 22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my names sake: but he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. 23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee into the next: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone through the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. 24 A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his lord. 25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his teacher, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more them of his household! 26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. 27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak ye in the light; and what ye hear in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops. 28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father: 30 but the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. 32 Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father who is in heaven. 34 Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law:36 and a mans foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that doth not take his cross and follow after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Because the churches make it sound easy the attract the weak. Jesus only wants the strong, because of things like the "Blood Issue" as was.

In True Christianity, despite what some try to tell you, the weak don"t last long. Hence there are only 8,000,000 and rising, and, incidentally only rising because more are coming in than going out.

Many leave because they can"t stand the pressures that Satan puts on any who raise their head above the crowd and really search for truth.

The last thing he wants is any to find it.

Some may think I am "strong" ort stubborn" because I refuse to let disfellowshipping stop me pursuing truth, but believe me there are much stronger than I in God"s organisation. None of us exi8st as such in our own strength, it is only the strength given us through holy spirit that allows us to carry on and resist Satan"s pressure.

The more you trust and rely on God and his son, the more help you get.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:14:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 8:37:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 8:19:50 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:44:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Check it out:

http://tv.jw.org...

Who said the internet was the enemy of Christ's people on earth. (actually annanicole did).

No way

Well no wonder it's on the Internet. Jehovah Witnesses.

????

What better way of getting the truth across to more people.

I agree. The internet is better, but most Christian shows on the television are protestants or Catholics. One show i'd recommend is The NewCovenenantGroup. It's a channel on U Stream with Theists and Atheists.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 9:29:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
MadCornishBiker:
"God wants us to accept that the blood of one perfect man can save all."

EE:
What I want to know is do you believe much the same as most christians that jesus shed his blood in order to wash away the sins of the world?

That it is much like a blood transfusion where the blood of another saves others.

can you see where this "maths" and logic is going?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 10:00:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 8:35:48 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 6:42:33 AM, JJ50 wrote:
I have a BIG problem with the unpleasant JW cult. When our adopted Down's Syndrome son was 16 months old he had to have a life saving blood transfusion as it was discovered he had a blood condition not usually found in the UK, but common in Cyprus from where his birth parents originated. A day after the transfusion saved his life a couple of JWs turned up on our doorstep, and I challenged them about their stance on blood transfusions. You can imagine my reaction when they told us our boy would have been better off dead than receive the blood of another . What an evil doctrine!

Those JWs were wrong, it made little difference to the eternal future of your son.

You however are in a different position. When your son gets a resurrection in the future, will you be there to enjoy it with him? After all, the decision was yours, to defy God"s command in Acts 15. I am sorry you were confronted with such an immature and tactless pair of JWs at such a time. On your side is the fact that you truly did not realise what you were doing, you only had the Satanic side of the argument.

2 Corinthians 11 ASV(i) 14 And no marvel; for even Satan fashioneth himself into an angel of light.

First, I must say it is not a doctrine, nor is it part of a doctrine, it is a direct command from God, and therefore from Christ. I know people say that they did not know about blood transfusions back then, but in fact blood transfusion, direct from person to person was not unknown in ancient Egypt, but was reserved for Pharaohs only. They believed that the blood of a strong man made them strong also.

On top of that do you honestly think that a Good who could predict conditions on the earth today, did not know of them? Could that not in fact be the reason that he inspired the words of Christ at Matthew 10: 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. (ASV).

However, I can understand your position; believe me because my eldest son had serious tonsil problems which the surgeon at the hospital refused to treat without blood transfusion. They were so serious that he couldn"t even swallow a pea. It was also the one major issue that had me refusing to even listen to what they said for a decade or so. Not as life threatening as they made your son"s out to be however. However a JW brother, because I was one at the time, who was, and if he is still alive will still be, a Harley Street Physician, treated him instead, so problem.

I know the pressure you were put under, possibly by many other aprts of this Satanicallyt controlled system, even some JWs cave in at times like that?

Have you noticed that the "Blood Issue" does not hit the news anymore? Ever wondered why?

Because there is a completely new, and much less stubborn, hide bound generation of surgeons, open for a challenge now, Medicine is fast starting to realise that blood is not the answer, and bloodless surgery of all sorts as is getting more and more popular, partly thanks to that well known Heart Surgeon and pioneer of heart transplants in the USA Dr Denton Cooley, who has been championing bloodless surgery for decades.

Try Googling "Bloodless Surgery" and see what I mean

There have long been many equally effective, often more effective alternatives, but the "old guard" refused to even consider them because using blood was easier, no matter if it was better or not. It allowed for "Slash and burn" surgery.

I don"t know if there would have been an alternative in your case so I can't say, but the simple answer is that those who die faithful to Christ, and that includes avoiding blood, are guaranteed a resurrection to the opportunity of eternal life, so if push comes to shove, a faithful servant of God and Christ will always choose the long term solution over the short term, and relatively short lasting solution of disobedience.

As Christ said, any who lose their lives for his sake, by obeying his father's commands, will save it (in the resurrection) those who save their lives by disobeying will lose that opportunity.

For True Christian the only real choice is whether or not they want to enjoy that New World alongside their child, or leave their child to enjoy it without them for the sake a few more years in this wicked system.

It is a heart rending choice, and JWs understand that, as did the media which is why they made it such an emotive issue. However the JWs set up group of dedicated brothers, many of whom were themselves health professionals, to liaise with hospital"s and surgeons everywhere, and where they weren"t" dealing with "live" cases they were doing all they could to educate surgeons and other health professionals in the alternatives. In fact they are probably largely behind the current fascination in the Medical world with bloodless surgery of all kinds. Dr Denton Cooley, despite not being a JW himself, has always been a staunch supporter of their work because he found that using non blood alternative, for the sake of any JWs he dealt with, in his heart surgery of all types, gave him a better and faster recovery time.

but if you read Matthew 10, especially verses 22-39, as copied below, Christ never said it would be easy. After all, any who try to serve God and Christ have one of the most powerful beings in the universe as an immediate enemy, and he controls this system of things, including teh education system that brainwashes us from teh cradle up.

Matthew 10:22-39
ASV(i) 22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my names sake: but he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. 23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee into the next: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone through the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. 24 A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his lord. 25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his teacher, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more them of his household! 26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. 27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak ye in the light; and what ye hear in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops. 28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? and not one of them shall fall on the ground without your Father: 30 but the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. 32 Every one therefore who shall confess me before men, him will I also confess before my Father who is in heaven. 33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father who is in heaven. 34 Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law:36 and a mans foes shall be they of his own household. 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And he that doth not take his cross and follow after me, is not worthy of me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

No. Being a true Christian is about as difficult in this system as Satan can make it, but there trutly is no better life, nor more satisfying purpose than helping peopel find the road to eternal life.

I feel truly sorry for you if you genuinely believe all that nonsense to be true!
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:16:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 10:00:54 AM, JJ50 wrote:



No need to feel sorry for me. I believe it is true because it is tryue, simple as.

The life I lead as a true follower of Christ, if nto at present a JW due to being disfellowshipped, is the best life anyoen coud ever have, with teh best prospect of any, in fact the onyl real prospect of a world immeasurably vetteer than this one ruled by Satan.,

Like Christ, and the God I serve, I pity all who do not know or refuse to know the truth. You and your families will be the loosers in the long run.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:22:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 9:29:43 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
MadCornishBiker:
"God wants us to accept that the blood of one perfect man can save all."

EE:
What I want to know is do you believe much the same as most christians that jesus shed his blood in order to wash away the sins of the world?

That it is much like a blood transfusion where the blood of another saves others.

can you see where this "maths" and logic is going?

It is nothing like the same thing, and no true Christian would believe it is.

It takes more than just calling yourself Christian to be one.

It means believing and following all the commands of God, Christ and his Apostles, few as they are, and that includes the command not to use blood in any way.

I don"t know what you mean by Math logic, but I do know where leading people away from the true God is going, because it denies them the opportunity of entering the Kingdom and enjoying the benefits thereof.

As Christ made clear that means putting him, and his father, above all family interests.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:24:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 9:14:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/9/2015 8:37:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 8:19:50 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:44:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Check it out:

http://tv.jw.org...

Who said the internet was the enemy of Christ's people on earth. (actually annanicole did).

No way

Well no wonder it's on the Internet. Jehovah Witnesses.

????

What better way of getting the truth across to more people.

I agree. The internet is better, but most Christian shows on the television are protestants or Catholics. One show i'd recommend is The NewCovenenantGroup. It's a channel on U Stream with Theists and Atheists.

Nah, all they can do is pull you away from God. The only one that draws us closer is the one which is the subject of this OP.

The trouble is that the other shows only pretend ot be Christian, in reality they are not. Matthew 7:21-23.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:29:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Doesn't the jw restrict talking to others about their beliefs? Are you not in danger of being shunned if your elders knew you were having conversations with non jws about faith?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:08:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:24:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 9:14:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/9/2015 8:37:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 8:19:50 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:44:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Check it out:

http://tv.jw.org...

Who said the internet was the enemy of Christ's people on earth. (actually annanicole did).

No way

Well no wonder it's on the Internet. Jehovah Witnesses.

????

What better way of getting the truth across to more people.

I agree. The internet is better, but most Christian shows on the television are protestants or Catholics. One show i'd recommend is The NewCovenenantGroup. It's a channel on U Stream with Theists and Atheists.

Nah, all they can do is pull you away from God. The only one that draws us closer is the one which is the subject of this OP.

The trouble is that the other shows only pretend ot be Christian, in reality they are not. Matthew 7:21-23.

What does it take to be saved?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:21:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 11:29:36 AM, jharry wrote:

Doesn't the jw restrict talking to others about their beliefs? Are you not in danger of being shunned if your elders knew you were having conversations with non jws about faith?

No, all who wish to follow Christ are ordered to do so and spread the truth of God, Christ and the bible as far and wide as possible.

The JWs even do all they can to follow the method of preaching Jesus taught his disciples, from door to door.

Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:

Incidentally I am not a JW anyway, but I know of at least one other who pops into this site from time to time and he knows my position. Whilst, for scriptural reasons we do not converse directly, we often support each other in our teaching on here.

Anyway, I have already told my local Elders, lol, not that they were impressed, lol.

No, a silent Christian is not a Christian at all, as James said "Faith without works is dead in itself" That simply means we have to share, and demonstrate our faith to the world.

Everything they teach is available either on that TV site, or on http://wol.jw.org... or, for download free of charge on http://www.jw.org...

The last of the three is strictly speaking the "public" site" but none of them are exactly private anyway. No membership or registration is needed, just load the site and click on what you are interested in.

If you are interested that is.

They are in fact the most publicly open of all religions.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:31:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 12:21:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:29:36 AM, jharry wrote:

Doesn't the jw restrict talking to others about their beliefs? Are you not in danger of being shunned if your elders knew you were having conversations with non jws about faith?

No, all who wish to follow Christ are ordered to do so and spread the truth of God, Christ and the bible as far and wide as possible.

The JWs even do all they can to follow the method of preaching Jesus taught his disciples, from door to door.

Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:

Incidentally I am not a JW anyway, but I know of at least one other who pops into this site from time to time and he knows my position. Whilst, for scriptural reasons we do not converse directly, we often support each other in our teaching on here.

Anyway, I have already told my local Elders, lol, not that they were impressed, lol.

No, a silent Christian is not a Christian at all, as James said "Faith without works is dead in itself" That simply means we have to share, and demonstrate our faith to the world.

Everything they teach is available either on that TV site, or on http://wol.jw.org... or, for download free of charge on http://www.jw.org...

The last of the three is strictly speaking the "public" site" but none of them are exactly private anyway. No membership or registration is needed, just load the site and click on what you are interested in.

If you are interested that is.

They are in fact the most publicly open of all religions.

I was just asking because I have became very good friends with a disfellowshiped jw. She said she was always told not to study other religions or go into deep conversations about others beliefs while going door to door when she was younger.

I didn't know you were not a jw, sorry about that. But thank you, I have researched jw and I'm good. It helped getting a inside scoop from her as well.

Thank you for the reply.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:31:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 12:08:22 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:24:10 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 9:14:26 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/9/2015 8:37:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 8:19:50 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/8/2015 2:44:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Check it out:

http://tv.jw.org...

Who said the internet was the enemy of Christ's people on earth. (actually annanicole did).

No way

Well no wonder it's on the Internet. Jehovah Witnesses.

????

What better way of getting the truth across to more people.

I agree. The internet is better, but most Christian shows on the television are protestants or Catholics. One show i'd recommend is The NewCovenenantGroup. It's a channel on U Stream with Theists and Atheists.

Nah, all they can do is pull you away from God. The only one that draws us closer is the one which is the subject of this OP.

The trouble is that the other shows only pretend ot be Christian, in reality they are not. Matthew 7:21-23.

What does it take to be saved?

It is what you might call a "multi-step program.

Learn about Jehovah and his son John 17:3
ASV(i) 3 And this is life eternal, that they should know thee the only true God, and him whom thou didst send, even Jesus Christ.

Learn to trust them. James 1:5-8
ASV(i) 5 But if any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6But let him ask in faith, nothing doubting: for he that doubteth is like the surge of the sea driven by the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord; 8 a doubleminded man, unstable in all his ways.

Put what you learn into action in your life. James James 2:14-17
ASV(i) 14 What doth it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but have not works? can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister be naked and in lack of daily food, 16 and one of you say unto them, Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; and yet ye give them not the things needful to the body; what doth it profit? 17 Even so faith, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

Stay faithful until death. Matthew 10:22
ASV(i) 22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my names sake: but he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.

However, as long as you are making an honest effort oat any of those stages, even the first, when the time comes, you will at least get a resurrection for a better chance to carry on learning, in much better circumstances.

God is merciful and doesn't expect perfection just honest effort.

However, if you expecting an easy ride, read Matthew 10. If that doesn"t put you off then you probably have sufficient courage to make a Christian.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:40:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/9/2015 12:31:42 PM, jharry wrote:
At 1/9/2015 12:21:03 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/9/2015 11:29:36 AM, jharry wrote:

Doesn't the jw restrict talking to others about their beliefs? Are you not in danger of being shunned if your elders knew you were having conversations with non jws about faith?

No, all who wish to follow Christ are ordered to do so and spread the truth of God, Christ and the bible as far and wide as possible.

The JWs even do all they can to follow the method of preaching Jesus taught his disciples, from door to door.

Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:

Incidentally I am not a JW anyway, but I know of at least one other who pops into this site from time to time and he knows my position. Whilst, for scriptural reasons we do not converse directly, we often support each other in our teaching on here.

Anyway, I have already told my local Elders, lol, not that they were impressed, lol.

No, a silent Christian is not a Christian at all, as James said "Faith without works is dead in itself" That simply means we have to share, and demonstrate our faith to the world.

Everything they teach is available either on that TV site, or on http://wol.jw.org... or, for download free of charge on http://www.jw.org...

The last of the three is strictly speaking the "public" site" but none of them are exactly private anyway. No membership or registration is needed, just load the site and click on what you are interested in.

If you are interested that is.

They are in fact the most publicly open of all religions.

I was just asking because I have became very good friends with a disfellowshiped jw. She said she was always told not to study other religions or go into deep conversations about others beliefs while going door to door when she was younger.

I didn't know you were not a jw, sorry about that. But thank you, I have researched jw and I'm good. It helped getting a inside scoop from her as well.

Thank you for the reply.

Ah sorry I misunderstood the aspect your question was coming from slightly.

There is some truth in what the ex JW you spoke with told you, but as part of the JWs ministry it is sometmes impossible to avoid doing a comparative study of other faiths, and in fact the Watchtower often discusses them under the "heading" of "know your enemy".

After all, how can you tell someone where their faith is going wrong if you haven't learned what it teaches in the first place.

So, it is less a case of "don't study them" as Study them for the right reasons". If the ex-JW spoke to was warned against it then it is fairly clear to me that she was not well founded in the faith.

Scripture also tells us not to socialise with those of other faiths. The onyl reason to spend time with them is to discuss scripture and compare it to thier current beliefs.

I hope that helps a little further.

I have had many an intersting discussion with members of otehr faiths, though the most interestng one was with a "high ranking" member fo teh Ctaholic Laity who was determined to try and convert me, lol. Needless to say he failed.

The saddest was the experience of a bother I knew who was told by a vicar that he knew the JWs had the truth. When asked why he didn't change then, he simply said "This is how I earn my living". So very sad, money meant mroe to him than God.