Britain Criminalizing Christians

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 11:01:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
From the article:

"British Christians who take their faith into the workplace risk being demoted or fired. The government continues to push an aggressive gay rights agenda, while threatening to criminalize Christian speech and practice."

http://www.cbn.com...

This is more intolerant than the intolerance they're battling. I really hope they don't actually start persecuting Christians. This is a step backwards and an assault on liberty.

Police: "Hey, that guy is praying in public! Arrest him!"
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 11:08:07 PM
ehhhhh. writing a letter to a lesbian stating that "god loves you but know that you will burn in hell" is hardly praying in public. the actual examples they give are extremely weak compared to what is being claimed.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 11:17:29 PM
At 6/14/2010 11:08:07 PM, belle wrote:
ehhhhh. writing a letter to a lesbian stating that "god loves you but know that you will burn in hell" is hardly praying in public. the actual examples they give are extremely weak compared to what is being claimed.

I know. The article said that it there may be a criminalization of Christianity. Not that it has happened yet. I was just giving a funny example if or when they criminalize it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 11:17:55 PM
That is, hands down, the least biased kind of source you can use for that sort of information. Seriously, Geo?
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2010 11:19:09 PM
At 6/14/2010 11:17:55 PM, Yvette wrote:
That is, hands down, the least biased kind of source you can use for that sort of information. Seriously, Geo?

...Least credible, rather. This is what I get for staying up late. :P
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 2:47:33 AM
At 6/14/2010 11:01:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
From the article:

"British Christians who take their faith into the workplace risk being demoted or fired. The government continues to push an aggressive gay rights agenda, while threatening to criminalize Christian speech and practice."

This is more intolerant than the intolerance they're battling. I really hope they don't actually start persecuting Christians. This is a step backwards and an assault on liberty.

END TIMES AHOY!
The Cross.. the Cross.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 2:48:13 AM

^^
Agree.

The Christian broadcasting network, Geo? Seriously?
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 2:51:29 AM
At 6/15/2010 2:48:13 AM, Kinesis wrote:

^^
Agree.

The Christian broadcasting network, Geo? Seriously?

The BBC have also started reporting the increasing aggression.
The Cross.. the Cross.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 3:32:45 AM
Never mind that, it's about time Britain scrapped the laws against blasphemy.

Church of England fanatics like Mary Whitehouse have used the law to oppress homosexuals. She brought a private prosecution against the Gay News for publishing a poem, The Love That Dares To Speak Its Name, depicting a centurion's love for Christ.

You can still get sent to prison for blasphemy against the Church of England in this country. This is an outrageous infringement on our freedom of speech and is unacceptable in a multi-cultural society that is tolerant of all faiths, races and sexual preferences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 4:41:42 AM
From the article:

This is more of a new-labour thing, as we have a pseudo-human government now this sort of crap should start to fade.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2010 9:51:39 AM
From the article:

If it's distracting to other members of the community or takes away from productivity, then yes...fire him.